Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Ground clock was still counting up.

Anyone saving this? Would love a clip of the play to Carlton's second goal starting from the hop over the Collingwood player near their fifty, was a ripper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Quarters are a bit too short imo. I think time on should count all stoppages, not just those after goals and injuries or whatever it is currently. That would probably bring them to 20 minutes or so instead of ~16.

Can't hear the siren either, PA system need replacing/rebuilding.

NPR Journalizard posted:

How loud is it there?

When Vescio kicked her third the crowd went mental.

Vescio :swoon:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The women's shorts are really cool

Digging the 70s track and field vibe, wish the men's uniforms can take some inspiration from them

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

drunkill posted:

Quarters are a bit too short imo. I think time on should count all stoppages, not just those after goals and injuries or whatever it is currently. That would probably bring them to 20 minutes or so instead of ~16.

Can't hear the siren either, PA system need replacing/rebuilding.

Agreed on all this. Feels v. quick even to the people Im with who've never watched a full game before and I couldn't hear a siren here to save my life.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the umps are letting it go a bit too much. A lot of holding not being called

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And ball

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Football is good IMO

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I don't think I'm ready for this brave new world

Of Carlton being hard at it with good ball use

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The Blues just might win a premiership in my lifetime

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Mo (got no) Hope

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Collingwood player in the #6 dropping a chest Mark, it's like 2011 all over again!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Candy sold!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vescio is clearly a step above, natural movement and one touch football, same as the differences I saw in the Adelaide preseason game against Freo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Vescio is going to be really handy given how much of a premium goals are at in the women's game

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope live tweets aren't going to keep happening

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Good hands Jakobsson

masterpine fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 3, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I hope they rethink "Holding the man" sometime next week

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Lmao collingwood are shithouse

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Vescio is my favourite non Dees non Tayla Harris player

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Probably shouldn't have listened to the men's team advice to drop all the money and first pick on a key forward

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Yeah I'm surprised, honestly thought they'd be up there for the flag. Two very strong performances in a row by the blues if you include the practice game

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

This is Nathan Buckleys fault somehow

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The blues just look so much more professional

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TG-Chrono posted:

This is Nathan Buckleys fault somehow

Collingwood are directly responsible for Carlton being top of the ladder. Has to go.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

The blues just look so much more professional

I was thinking before that maybe fitness will be the biggest determinant of success in the early days of the WAFL. With the draft creating a relatively even spread of skill then fitness probably becomes super important for the first few years until the fitness levels even out as the game becomes more professional.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Darcy Vescio is a great person to have be interviewed after the game.

Periphery posted:

I was thinking before that maybe fitness will be the biggest determinant of success in the early days of the WAFL. With the draft creating a relatively even spread of skill then fitness probably becomes super important for the first few years until the fitness levels even out as the game becomes more professional.

If we start calling the women's league the WAFL, does this mean the West Australian league goes back to being Westar Rules?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Da Bloos.

I think that can be considered a rousing success.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Crushing win. What a fantastic start.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Da da da da da

(Still think Melb vs Dogs should have been the first game to give one of the pioneers the first victory, but I enjoyed watching the Blues get it.)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Fitness was definitely a factor but I think they were a lot better coached as well

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Jakobsson runs a 14 on the beep test :stare:

Fitness will be key. Carlton have the best facilities reportedly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Two of the greats, Usain Bolt and Bruce Macavaney

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Photos of people climbing over the walls to get in after the lockout is insane. Anyone who thought keeping it at the original ground was mad.

There are going to be some sore bodies tomorrow! It was a bit fumbly and I imagine a lot of nerves but man that was hard and Vescio and Jakobson were awesome. And really good to see Sarah Hosking out there and hopefully Jess can join soon

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sounds almost like a community game at Princes Park :3: Grandstand saying the upcoming players will be even better than the first gen.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Let Daisy go to bed, she's got some serious captaining to do come Sunday

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

thepokey posted:

Photos of people climbing over the walls to get in after the lockout is insane. Anyone who thought keeping it at the original ground was mad.

There are going to be some sore bodies tomorrow! It was a bit fumbly and I imagine a lot of nerves but man that was hard and Vescio and Jakobson were awesome. And really good to see Sarah Hosking out there and hopefully Jess can join soon

Can you link these photos?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

gabensraum posted:

Can you link these photos?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'm late to the streaming chat, but I just use a Tronsmart Android box plugged into the TV that runs the AFL app natively and play the games direct, works a treat.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ha thanks pokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

thepokey posted:

Yeah, I think the standard will get pretty good over the next few weeks.

The top players are obviously pretty seasoned from playing in existing comps, the less experienced ones should improve as they get their legs and skills up.

At this stage I'll be following the Giants for now.

• Locked thread