Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Inugami's Scene

"Oh! I think I've heard of Super Drive. Do you fix motorcycles there too? I've been racking up some serious miles on the delivery racket and I think I'm about due for an overhaul." Sure, it was always faster to just run, but there was a certain joy to just zipping around on my bike. Plus the whole ninja thing was supposed to be on the down-low. I didn't exactly need the Kurama or Hirasaka cracking down on me for flaunting my talents.

I bit into a kinchaku, the tofu quickly giving way to a delicious mochi core, and swallowed, "Yeah, there's a lot of interesting characters in town. I met up with these westerners the other day—" I mimicked the man's imposing presence and copied his 'HOW-DEE' greeting, "—and man, they had an appetite. Biggest order I've ever delivered by far. Heck, bigger than the time we catered an office party!"

This was great! Who knew an oden stand would be so exciting? I'd need to eat out more now that I had made rent for the next few months. I looked back at Naomi, "It's great that you're going to take the little guy in. Have you thought of a name for him yet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Inugami's Scene

"Sure can! Just bring it over to the shop, and I'll personally fix it up for you! Who knows, maybe I'll think of giving you a discount," I wink at Sachiko.

I almost spit out my drink from her impression of the western man, "Wow! He sounds like one heck of a character! I wish I met more people like that in my line of work. I usually get stuck with the jerks," I flashback to the sleazy guy who kept me waiting for a whole hour, and shake my head, "There's always that one guy who loves making your work difficult. Ugh, and don't get me started on the guys that try to flirt with me while I'm working. Couldn't they save it until after I'm done replacing their engines?"

"Anyways, a name, huh?" I turn, and gently grab onto the pup with both hands, and lift him up, "I was thinking... Hikari- light. I'm not sure why, but I just feel like fits him. What do you think?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 28, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Inugami's Scene

I poked the puppy in the nose playfully and then gave it some chin scratches, "Hikari? I like it! He's such a cute little guy — probably too cute once he gets washed on up. What do you think, little buddy? Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?" I had to admit, I was super jealous. It had to be nice living somewhere where you could just adopt a puppy and not have anyone complain about it. Especially a cute little guy like this. You don't just run into something like that every day.

I took a big bite of daikon, then looked back at Naomi, "I'll have to do that! Likewise, if you ever need some delivery, call Aoyama and ask for Sachiko. I'll get you whatever you need whenever you need it." I paused, then grinned. "As long as it's food, right? Though, I am thinking of going solo soon. Branch out a bit and run my own courier service." As she mentioned some of the jerks she ran into, I nodded. "Yeah, I get what you mean. These guys were unusually interesting. Usually, people just stiff me on tips and try and get free food. The joys of customer service." I laughed. It was so much easier to let that slide now that I was feeling much more financially secure.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Suspended in the air, the puppy, now dubbed 'Hikari', kicked his little back legs and attempted to lick everything that came close to his head. Tail swinging every which way. Nose sniffing and snuffling with gusto. He locked eyes with Sachiko, ears perked up. Listening intently. Then looked back to Naomi.

"Arf?" he said, curiously. Then went right back to wagging his tail and attempting to lick everything in tongues reach, and by god, if he could escape from Naomi's hands and go for her face he would do. She wasn't getting away un-licked! Nether was Sachiko, but she'd just have to put herself in range. It would be hard to play off the clumsy puppy image if he started leaping between the two of them like a season pro.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Tora's Scene

Hmph. Well, if he doesn't want help she'd just have to protect this idiot from the shadows, Tora thought to herself. Ah well... No sense in standing around.

"So be it." she replies to Sora. "Try not to get yourself killed out there. And if you do, make sure it isn't Oni, yes?"

Then she turns towards the other person walking way, Sachiko. "Until next time, then. Stay safe as well - I am going to be looking forward to testing your mettle in the future."

Seeing the other two ninja gone, she too disappears into the shadows from whence she came...

Scene end I suppose?

quote:

18:54 Yamifenrir Is Tora going to be able to make meaningful bond?! (Emobond, using Investigation, Targeting Sora)
18:54 Tricky whatever it is, you gotta ruin your shoes. :v
18:54 JusticeGrieves *Points at missiles, and drills, and lazers and ...*
18:54 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
18:54 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5 = 5

Turns out Tora sucks at making friends!

quote:

18:56 Yamifenrir What kind of miserable feelings is Tora going to have towards Sora?
18:56 Yamifenrir !r 1d6
18:56 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 2 = 2

She's going to consider him a Friend. For now.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Inugami's Scene

Aw, look at the cute, little thing, trying to show his affection! How could one puppy be so adorable?

"You got it! I'll make sure to ask for you next time I call!" I grin back at her, "Going solo sounds like it could be rough, but you seem like the kind of gal who could handle it. Let me know whenever you decide to start your own business, and I'll help spread the word for you!"

I finish up my oden, and drink the rest of my beer. Ah~ That hit the spot. There's nothing like a good meal after a hard day's work. I put what I owe on the counter (as well as a little extra), and bring out my phone. I turn to Sachiko, and say, "Here, let me give you my number. If you ever want to meet up again, please, let me know! I'll make sure to bring Hikari with me, too!" I give Sachiko my biggest grin.

I pick up my bag, and get up from my seat, "It was great meeting you, Sachiko. I had a great time! We should really do this again. Maybe we can do karaoke next time? I mean, if you don't mind."

"Come on, Hikari," I motion for the little pup to follow me, "Let's take you to your new home." I wave goodbye to Sachiko as I walk away, "Bye, Sachiko! Take care!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The puppy arfed, hopping back and forth, uncertain. Then it bounded over to Sachiko, rubbed it's little face against her, as though saying goodbye. It looked around at it's name being called. Head turning this way and that. Yipped once, and then scampered after Naomi. It's little tail wagging wildly. Following her heels closely, playfully.

Inside, Inugami laughed. That girl, Sachiko, reminded him of someone from a long long time ago. Was she a reincarnation? Or something other? It was hard to say. But the smile on her face brought him back to a better time. He couldn't help shake the memory, kneeling down in front of that girl, her eyes burning brightly with defiance, swearing to serve her dream. Ha! He'd better be careful or he'd become sentimental! For now he'd simply see how this situation would develop. This Naomi didn't seem all that bad herself. She'd been selfless enough to adopt him. The least he could do was try to reward her kindness.

- - -
Gonna try and go for an Emobond!

7:45 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 I wanna use Transform and target Sachiko
7:45 PM ⇐ nil_ quit (~nil@synIRC-B0A946CB.hsi2.kabel-badenwuerttemberg.de) Quit: Leaving
7:45 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6
7:45 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 11 = 11

7:49 PM Roll to establish the type of Emobond
7:50 PM !r 1d6
7:50 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 4 = 4
7:52 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Loyalty, interesting.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Inugami's Scene

I smiled and pulled out my phone as well, "That sounds great, Naomi! Here's my number." What a day! I hadn't expected to meet a new friend or such a cute pup at a roadside stand, but life worked in mysterious ways. I finished up my last bites and handed a few bills to the owner. As much as I should be focusing on the Kamikiri, it was tough to focus on it with so many wonderful distractions. I waved at Naomi as she walked off with Hikari.

There was just something charming about the little guy. How could you say no to a face like that? Heck, even if Naomi wasn't so much fun to hang out with, I'd call her up in a heartbeat just to see that cute little pup. Speaking of which, karaoke, huh? How long had it been since I'd gone last...? I'd need to catch up on the current hits. Wouldn't do to make a bad impression, right?

I waved at the two as they walked off into the evening, "See you later, Naomi! Bye-bye, Hikari"

As they faded from view, I put on my game face. This had been fun, but I needed to get back to work. My real work.

quote:

11:08 AM <Tricky> Okay, Emobond type is...
11:08 AM <Tricky> !r 1d6
11:08 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 3 = 3

Sachiko feels Affection for the cute murder doggo!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Tora's scene

quote:

23:57 Deltasquid Sora rolls for emobond
23:57 Deltasquid .roll 1d6
23:57 Theantero somebody should probably help out so that she doesn't lose all her money
23:57 Platonibot Deltasquid: 5 (1d6=5)

Sora walked the gravely path until he reached the gate. It was still early, but Tokyo was already bustling with life. He touched the Kamikiri's hilt to ensure he was still carrying it, and smiled.

That girl certainly has guts. To approach another shinobi in the open, and reveal her cards in an attempt to broker an alliance. He got the distinct impression that Tora was an honest person, and that was somewhat of a rarity in this shadow world. She had to be skilled indeed if she survived here, despite wearing her heart on her sleeve.

Sora gains an emobond with Tora: admiration!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Hanako's Scene

As the puppy trails some distance behind Naomi not far from the forest yet, an odd smell drifts in the air. Nothing for most humans, but for a canine... the scent of bird... but one with the slight scene of blood and... ozone as a pale bird flutters overhead. There's a girl sitting on a bench, dressed in a dark school uniform, her jacket draped over her shoulders as she taps on a tablet. She's apparently absorbed in whatever the LEDs are communicating, her glasses shining opaque from the light. As the dog is nearly passed, she taps it, and then looks up with her odd yellow eyes, raising a hand to adjust her glasses for a moment.

"Don't get involved.", she says to the puppy softly, addressing it as if it might understand what she's saying. Well, she's looking at it and not at the pad. "Yes.", she confirms as she hugs the pad closer to her chest. "I'm talking to you."

Leaving the door open for Naomi if she wants to join, but poking Inugami first.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hanako's scene

The puppy stops it's little trot, and watches the girl, standing very still. It dips it's head to sniff at the ground and then looks back up again. Locking eyes with Hanako. It gives a yip, then another. The puppy equivalent of barking at something. Standing it's ground. Pawing at the air in a manner that was too cute to be aggressive.

Inugami stared the quiet girl down. Unflinching. Oh how he longed to take a more fearsome form. But a puppy would suffice for this encounter. No one ever expected to be killed by a puppy, but perhaps much like before he'd let Naomi sort this one out. It would rather ruin the fun if he started shape shifting now.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 1, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Takeda's scene

quote:

20:33 Deltasquid krysmbot, you old dog, give me a drama scene atmosphere for Sora!
20:33 Deltasquid wait
20:33 Deltasquid he's not in this chatoom is he
20:33 *** Krysmbot joined #capers!
20:33 Deltasquid hello bot
20:33 Deltasquid !r 2d6
20:33 Krysmbot Deltasquid, 11 = 11
20:34 Deltasquid thank you, krysmbot

Sora had been carrying the package for the better part of a day now, and had finally decided that it would be prudent to leave no permanent trails until it was off his hands. so he wandered from one end of the city to another, occasionally doing loops to see if anybody had been chasing him, and he ate take-away instead of at home. He was considering which love hotel to book for the night - they didn't ask questions if you stayed for a few hours at a time - and wandered around Ikebukuro in search of a cheap dinner. He fancied yakitori tonight. After doing the rounds of the neighborhood, he settled on a small and crowded Izakaya, and seated himself between a group of animated police officers who were having drinks after their shift, making sure to have his back to the wall and his eyes on the door. Through the open door, he could see the entrance of a Karaoke on the other side of the street.

He received his plate of chicken skewers, and dug in. No alcohol, at least for now. He'd have plenty of time for drinking when this mission was over.

As he ate his skewers in silence, he thought about the two strange young women he'd met earlier. To some degree, he was glad he had the implicit support from Tora, even though he wasn't quite sure she was being straight with him just yet. Sachiko, however, bothered him. He'd need to make sure he could uncover as much about her as possible, and if she seemed like a threat, have her silently taken care of.

He'd listen in on the officers' conversation next to him, and butt in to find out some clues about possible Shinobi activity in the neighborhood if at all possible.

Inviting everyone who wants, and I mean everyone, to this scene.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Takeda's scene

Sitting two tables away from Sora is a rather familar woman, although with a much less rough updo as usual.

For a brief moment, it feels like the air becomes so heavy it's nearly unbreathable - but only to those with a sense for this. It is killing intent, directed at Sora Takeda.

But only for a mere second. Once he looks over, the only thing he sees is Tora sighing.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hanako's Scene

"Huh?" I turn to the direction of the voice, "Excuse me? Were you talking to-"

I let out a small gasp as soon as I see who was talking to me, "Fujibayashi-san...?" I say, my voice filled with surprise, "What-what are you doing here? You- you weren't spying on me, were you?" No, that can't be it. Why would the clan send someone to spy on their own? That makes no sense. "Also, don't you think it's too late to tell me not to get involved? I thought we were supposed to be working towards the same goal?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 1, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Takeda's scene

Sora relaxed, but only slightly. He leaned backwards, so he could literally talk behind the other patrons' backs, and converse with Tora.

"I saw you sitting here when I walked in, but I figured it'd be quite suspicious if I turned on the spot and walked back out."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Takeda's scene

Inugami finished his second drink. This swill was barely tolerable. Not the drinks. Inugami was far beyond caring about the drinks. But the clientele. The usual boring chattel, police officers, office workers, the drunk and downtrodden. The lost children of this uncaring modern world. Oh, and of course there were a few little ninjas hiding in the crowd. Sending out spikes of killing intent like it was going out of style. Ha. how cute. Inugami had practised long and hard at hiding the ocean of blood lust that suffused his being. It was actually pretty funny. He could knock out an entire room of civilians with a little concentrated wave. Not that it would be useful here. After all, there was a very different kind of fun that could be had.

A mini ninja cold war. The suppressed fury, the cold stares, the beads of sweat running down their backs, white knuckled fingers resting on their weapon. Hehehehehahahahhaahaaaa. It was enough to bring a wolfish grin to his face.

"Another." He signalled to the bar keep. Let's see if any of them were smart enough to notice him, and if they were, if they were smart enough to not start anything.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sora's Scene

Oh my god, Takeda-san. Was I the only delivery person on staff? I should be out scouting for the Kamikiri, but instead I'm running some errands for one of his friends. I mean, I owe him a lot. I get it! I understand! Sometimes it felt like he just took me for granted. And that, after all, was why I was carrying a cooler full of meat to a rival restaurant. The streets were busy. It seemed like the people milling around had forgotten the tension that had enveloped the city for the last few days. I scanned the store fronts nearby and stopped when my eyes came to rest on the karaoke place across the way. That wasn't unusual, I supposed, but it made me think back to my earlier meeting with Naomi. Was it too soon...? Well, whatever. I'd at least offer!

Naomi-chan posted:

Hey! I'm finishing up a delivery down-town and I just realized "Karaoke Pasera Shibuya" is right across the street. I know you're probably busy getting Hikari all settled in, but if you're free... Want to meet up? My treat! :D

I sighed deeply. Might as well get it over with. I confidently burst in through the door and said, "Hey, Touya-san! I got the meat you needed. Where should I stow it?" Of course, my eyes quickly picked out at least three people who weren't to be trifled with mixed among the patrons. Two were familiar. Sora and Himura. The third? He didn't look like anyone I knew. It was strange, though, I felt a warm feeling. It was like... Nah, why would I mistake him for that cute puppy?

Why were they all here? Some sort of secret alliance? Perhaps it was some sort of negotiation between the clans on how the matter of the Kamikiri was to be settled. Or, perhaps, they were all just hungry. It couldn't be that, though. Could it?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako stares at the puppy, and then just sighs, closing her eyes momentarily before looking up to the mechanic. "You weren't really of interest, so... no.", she says matter-of-factly with no apology to her tone. She tilts her pad to look at it once more, before pulling it close to her chest again before rising. "But if you don't guard your words more carefully, you may want to reconsider your involvement as well. An enemy agent may be present." Her eyes look down to the puppy again, regarding him with a dispassionate stare. She pushes up the bridge of her glasses with a finger, squinting.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hanako's Scene

The puppy looked up at Naomi, and pawed at her leg, displaying all the confusion of a creature that was used to being petted, and now was not. He looked back to Hanaco, gave a big doggy grin, and placed it's front paws against her shins, little tail wagging. Clearly begging for some scritches. With none forthcoming, the puppy disappointedly got back down, and lay at Naomi's feet with a little sigh. Every so often he'd look up at Naomi and give a little wag of his tail. Having clearly established that Hanaco had no intentions of giving out any affection, the pup ignored her.

It was very sweet that she thought she'd figured him out. But it was likely she was picking up on his spiritual essence. How annoying of her. Still Inugami felt reasonably secure that the dispassionate girl would only serve to push her clan-mate away with her standoffish behaviour.

Sora's Scene

Oh, and what was this? Goodness, if it wasn't the delivery girl. They kept running into one another.

"And something for that cute girl with the green hair too." Inugami said putting his money on the counter and thumbing at Sachiko with a relaxed grin. Fair was fair, she'd bought him food earlier. He could at least repay the favour.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 3, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hanako's Scene

Wow. I heard that Hanako-san can be a bit cold, but I didn't know she could be so rude. She's not wrong about me being more careful with my words, but she didn't have to be such a jerk about it! Ugh! Who does she think she is!? I should give her a piece of my mind!

...No, no. I need to calm myself down. Telling her off (no matter how much I want to do it) wouldn't solve anything. I take a deep breath, and, once my nerves start to calm down, I sit next to Hanako-san. "You know, nothing good ever comes from driving people away," I say, in a soft tone, "We're all stronger together than we are apart, after all," or at least, that's what Obaasan would say. I reach into my bag of sweets, and pull out the spare taiyaki I've been saving up for later. I hand it to Hanako, "Here. You must be pretty hungry by now, Hanako-san. It's not much, but it is delicious!" I say, with a smile on my face.

Sora's Scene

Uggghhhhh. I should be searching for the Kamikari, but Obaasan has me running errands for her instead. She's always going on about duty, loyalty to your clan, the importance of our mission and all that, and then she goes and shoves a huge list of errands on me, and tells me to get it all done right away. I guess making sure the house is well-stocked up on toilet paper is more important than finding a mystical dagger.

Hm? Was that my phone? Oh! It's a message from Sachiko!

Sachiko-chan posted:

I'd love to! I'm actually near the area (running some errands for the family), so I should be able to meet up with you soon after you're done!

Hikari's not with me right now, so it'll be just you and me. I hope that won't be a problem?

Annnd sent. At this point, I'll never find the Kamikari, but at least I'll get to hang out with Sachiko again!

Ooh, stomach's growling. I knew the ramen I had a few minutes ago wouldn't be enough. Maybe I'll make a quick stop at the Izakaya nearby? It's not like I'm in any hurry, and a few drinks wouldn't hurt! Besides, I need to rest my feet from all the walking I've done today. They're getting pretty store. I make my way there, and once I walk in, the first thing I see in front of me is a familiar green-haired figure.

"...Sachiko?" I say with surprise. Wow, what were the chances of me running into her here? And... what is with this tension in the air? Did I walk in at a bad time?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 5, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sora's Scene

Oh, and there was Naomi as well. Fair is fair.

"And one for her friend as well."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako actually takes a defensive step back at the pawing, before looking over to Naomi as she hesitates, then takes the taiyaki. She squints, turning it over, and says softly, "It's not very nutritious..." She doesn't give it back, though. "The Gokuhi Gunpo Hidensho military manual discusses the use of dogs in warfare as far back as 1570. Don't take animals lightly. 'Dogs' was also an old term for infiltrators and scouts prior to the adoption of modern terms in ancient China and during the Sengoku period." She holds the taiyaki in one hand, and squints at something on the pad before thumbing some button. "Have you discovered anything relevant regarding your task?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sora's Scene

My phone buzzed, drawing my attention away from the others. Well, whatever. Himura was probably with the Kurama. She wouldn't do anything to reveal us all to the masses. I had a certain degree of confidence in my ability to be elusive, after all, and Sora seemed content to merely flaunt his prize. The mystery man... well, who knew. I wasn't about to drop my guard completely, but he seemed to have a certain... gentleness? It was hard to put in words.

As I read the message, a goofy grin came over my face. Oh, fantastic! I hadn't ruined everything. A slight sigh of relief escaped me as I began to text back, just in time to hear Naomi. Wait, Naomi? She was already here? Huh. That was faster than I thought. I spun around, holding the cooler behind me, and smiled, "Naomi! Wow, what a coincidence! I was just delivering a few things to the owner here. He usually treats me to a meal after one of these emergency deliveries. Would you, ah, care to join me? The food here is quite good."

Almost as soon as I mentioned it, Touya-san came out from the back and I handed him the cooler. "Hello, Touya-san! Takeda-san sends his compliments. Would you mind if my friend joins me tonight? I was just telling her how good the food is here." He grinned and pointed at a pair of chairs by the grill. I looked at Naomi and motioned to the chairs. "You hungry?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hanako's Scene

Huh? What what was that all about? Is she trying to tell me something? She can't be talking about Hikari, can she? No, that's impossible. Hikari is a cute, innocent little puppy. How can anyone consider something with a face as cute as that a threat?

I slump against the bench, "No, not much," I lean closer to her, and whisper, "I know it's been taken, but by who, I have no idea. What about you? Have you found anything yet?"

Sora's Scene

"O-oh!" I smile back at her, "Yes! Sure! I'd love to join you! And yea, I'm starving. I've been walking all day, and I've worked up one heck of an appetite! And uh, maybe, you know," I look away from her for a moment, as a big goofy grin crosses my face, "We can... go for karaoke afterwords? If... you're not too busy, or anything."

I look over to the man who was offering us both drink. Huh, there's something familiar about him. I wonder what it is? "Uh," I look back at Sachiko, "Is that man a friend of yours?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sora's Scene

I clapped my hands together, grinning, "Yes! That sounds perfect. I'm done for the night and I would really enjoy that." I hoped she didn't mind enka. Singing that always reminded me of my grandparents. It was a bit of an acquired taste, but... Well, I could do some more modern songs too. As I took Naomi's hand and led her towards our chairs, I looked over at the man. That feeling... Well, it was probably nothing. I shrugged, still smiling, "Maybe I made a delivery for him? I don't remember seeing him before, but he seems friendly."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Almost impossibly quiet, Tora whispers to Sachiko. "You shouldn't associate with such seedy people." she advises in response to Inugami's offer.

Despite the near-silent whisper, Tora was confident in Sachiko's (and probably every other ninja's in the vincinity) to hear it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako sits down, says, "I've been having my drones search the area for evidence, but..." She frowns, as a tiny form runs through the grass. The dog might immediately sense- mouse? Yes. Mouse. It moves up, though it has some black and blue contraption like a half-helm as it comes to Hanako's feet, dashing up her stocking with its tiny claws. She offers it a bit of the taiyaki, and it sniffs before taking a bite. She seems to check something on her pad before then taking a bite herself. "... the guards have likely trampled out any signs of their passage. We need to widen our net before they escape. Do you have any proposals?", she asks Naomi, before giving the pup the hairy eyeball.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hanaco's Scene

Hikari followed Naomi to the bench, staying by her feet. It's ears perked up as something scampered through the grass towards them. He leaped back in alarm as the little robot scampered forward, a little yip of fright. The puppy clumsy scampered behind Naomi's legs fearfully. He gave two little frightened barks. Then waited, staying still, after a few moments passed Hikari calmed down a little bit. But stayed alert for more scary skittering mice-bots. Staying between Naomi's feet for safety.

Inugami had forgotten how much fun it was to play puppy. Stumbling around, barking at things, playing idiot. He'd laugh out loud if it wouldn't end up with glasses trying to bury a sword into his back. He'd probably laugh about that too.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Sora's scene

Sora finished his yakitori while intently eyeing the overly friendly man. He reeked of somebody hiding something.

"Yes, Karaoke isn't a bad idea. I'm sure you girls are going to hit off immediately." Sora gave Tora a knowing look, hoping she'd pick up on the fact that he wanted her to lure the rest away.

Then, looking at Inugami, he said: "I think I'll stay here with our new friend, for now. He's been so generous," Sora put money on the bar and ordered two more drinks, "I think I have to properly repay him."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sora's Scene

I didn't immediately respond to Tora. First off, wow, rude. She was getting all buddy-buddy with that guy from the government and then telling her not to associate with a guy I'd never met before? I wasn't even associating with him! Second, obviously he could hear us. I needed to play it cool so that I wasn't forced into picking sides in some conflict I didn't really get.

I began to say, mostly to Naomi, but clearly so that Tora could hear as well, "All sorts of interesting people out tonight, huh? Can't always judge them by appearances, you know? So! What do you want to eat first? I'm thinking that some kawa sounds like it'll hit the spot!"

Of course, Sora chose that moment to butt in. Argh! That stupid government ninja! I just wanted to have a nice meal with my friend and then sing karaoke and then... well, I'd see how that all went first. Now I was going to have to convince Naomi to turn down a free meal so that we could clear out away from whatever madhouse this was going to turn into. I didn't want her to get hurt.

I looked over at Naomi, "So... uh. Hm. That was odd. That guy must have been hitting the bottle. Maybe we should find a stand or something...?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sora's Scene

"How kind! Though if you're hoping to drink me under the table you might need a few more hairs on your chest, boy" Inugami chuckled. His eyes locked onto the brat. Oh of course, if it wasn't one of the lap dogs of the Hirasaka Agency, they always smelled the same. This was going to be laugh riot.

Or a bloodbath

Well, it was up to this idiot to decide which one Inugami was going to leave him standing in the middle of.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hanako's Scene

"Hm," I lean down, and gently scratch Hikari behind his ears, "Calm down, boy. I'm still here, nothing's going to hurt you." Once he's calmed down enough, I sit back up, and turn my attention back to Hanako-san, "Shibuya is a big city, but I think we should be able to cover more ground if we work together. We'll need to search places with increased Shinobi activity and hope we can find some clues there."

"And Hanako-san," I place a hand on her shoulder, "I know things are a little... complicated right now," especially with how much infighting there's been within our clan, "But that doesn't mean we should be rivals. You and I have been given an important task, and I really think it would be better if we work together on this. I don't care about which of us takes the dagger as long as one of us has it."

I give her a warm smile, and say, "Let's do our best, Hanako-san!"

Sora's Scene

I... am totally lost. Who are these people, and why do they keep talking to us? Did I walk into a secret Shinobi den or something? Why can't these people mind their own business and let me have a nice meal with my friend?

I look back at Sachiko, "Hey, um, do you want to just head over to the karaoke place right now instead? At least we'll be able to get some privacy there." Yep, it'll just be me and her, and no rude drunks butting in. Just me, and Sachiko. Alone. As friends. Yes. Just friends.

"...S-so," I stutter, as I feel my face going slightly red, "S-should w-we h-h-head out r-right now!?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sora's Scene

Yep! It was most definitely time to go. The new guy and Sora were butting heads and Tora was all but implying she wanted to get in on the action. If things got too crazy, I wasn't sure that I could protect Naomi from getting caught in the cross-fire. Classic big clan politics. Nobody cared about the little guys.

I blushed a bit as well, "Y-yes! That sounds great!" I reached out and took her hand, gently pulling her towards the door. It was softer than I expected. She worked with her hands so much, but they were still so gentle. Wait, what was I thinking? All I knew was that my cheeks were burning pretty hard. Privacy was sounding very nice. A chance to just sit, chat, and sing with my new friend. It was a pity about the meal, but sharing drinks and snacks with Naomi would be fun too!

As we headed towards the door, I waved to Touya-san, "We're going to take a rain check! See you next time!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako just... stares at Naomi uncomfortably. Of course she's going to do her best. That's a given, isn't it? "Yes, let's... do our best.", she says, as if the reaffirmation was more just her acknowledging the sentiment rather than reaffirming it. "She should set up a secured channel for communication and shared intelligence." She adjusts her glasses. "I'll be having my drones on the watch as well. If you run into rival shinobi-" She looks to the dog. "- make sure to alert me. There will likely be those simply looking to eliminate any potential competition. At the very least, I can have a drone intercede on my behalf even if I may not be present."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hanako's Scene

Gosh, someone needs to teach this girl to lighten up a little.

"Alright," I nod, "Sounds good to me. If anything comes up, I'll let you know. Anyways," I get up from the bench, "I should be heading off now. You take care now, alright?"

I motion for Hikari to follow me as I walk away, "Come on, boy. Let's head back home!"

Hikari-san was acting a little strange, but I can't fault her for being too cautious. It would be nice if she could open up, even a little. Maybe I should invite her out with me and Sachiko-san? Yea, we can have a girl's night out! Maybe that'll help loosen her up a little! What could possible go wrong there?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Sora's scene

quote:

00:37 Deltasquid rolling to skill check "contacts" for Sora, to analyze a hair from Inugami and discover his location for the future!
00:37 Deltasquid !r 2d6
00:37 Krysmbot Deltasquid, 10 = 10
00:37 Deltasquid a great success

Sora waited for the girls to leave, making small talk and meaningless pleasantries with the suspicious-looking man. He seemed cunning and dangerous, like a fox circling around a chicken pen. Sora was determined to keep tabs on him.

Using the alcohol that has flowed freely tonight as an excuse, Sora made sure to brush against his newfound 'friend' at least once, twice for good measure. When he was reasonably certain he got several of his hairs on his coat, Sora excused himself and went to the bathroom. there, he placed a few of them in a small plastic container, and put that in his pocket.

He went back to his seat, satisfied, and suggested that they finish their drinks - bottoms up! - and said he'd go home for the night. He was not feeling quite as good during the late hours as he had once, but suggested Inugami go and join the girls for the Karaoke if he wanted to. Sora thanked him, and went to a nearby love hotel, making sure he hadn't been followed.

Once inside his room, he stowed the Kamikiri under his pillow, and took off his coat and hat. What a day this had been. But the hard job was only starting, he knew. He was already drawing heat from all directions, but knew people who could keep him informed from all directions.

With a cell phone in one hand and the contained hair in the other, he phoned a colleague.

"Hello, Taro-san? Yes, I am sorry for calling you this late. Could you come and meet me - discreetly - to recover a sample for the boys at the lab? Yes, I'll need the DNA checked. Absolutely top priority, I want the results in by tomorrow morning. And I'll need teams to check traces of it at the usual list of addressed. Also, a team to shadow a person of interest. I'll update the watch list after this call."

He listened to the tired voice on the other end of the line.

"Yes, of course. We'll just pay the teams overtime. And you, too. Now get over here! I'll spell out the address for you."

He thought about sharing this information with the gym girl. After some hesitation, he decided that it'd be better if she got any trickles of info from him directly, and resolved to share it with her as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Sora Takeda learns Inugami's location, and shares it with Tora!

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 12, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Hanako's Scene

With a wag of it's little tail, Hikari gets up to follow Naomi's heals closely. Hopping along, without a care in the world. He pauses briefly to look back at Hanako. Putting his head to one side quizzically, before trotting off again. He'd considered doing something creepy with his face. But that sounded like it could backfire quickly. Besides, that might imply he had it in for Naomi. Which wasn't strictly true.

Yet.

Sora's Scene

The drinks flowed, and Inugami was almost insulted that Sora thought he'd fall for this. Good grief. He started pushing hairs into his hands just to get the ordeal over with. Why? Well, why not? If the idiot wanted to try and track him down he was welcome to. Just as long as he didn't cry after Inugami showed him what a moronic idea that really was.

He raised an eyebrow at the boy's suggestion that he wasn't feeling well.

"I'm sure you'll make it up to me when next we meet." he said. With Sora gone, Inugami considered his options. Likely hood that the boy would share whatever information he could get with his friends? Highly likely, his kind were always too cowardly to do the hard work themselves. Still, he might as well keep an eye on the girls. He headed over to the Karaoke bar, a few little changes to his appearance. Settled in to keep an eye on things. He'd leave when they did, get back to Naomi's place, and wait there.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Hanako's Scene

Hanako gets up, holding her pad closes, and just sighs, closing her eyes momentarily before watching after. She then calls up #011, putting its wings out as she locks in Naomi's signature for it to track. May as well put her under observation anyway. Just in case. Trust is fine, but precautions are better.

Other folks can notice the observation or not, but we can put a wrap on that scene!

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 14, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

quote:

10:22 AM <Tricky> Drama scene atmosphere check!
10:22 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6
10:22 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9 =

A strong rain begins to pour down, people pull out their umbrellas and begin a mad dash for cover under the building overhangs.

I'm establishing a scene earlier in the day (circa lunchtime) at Tora's school where Sachiko is making a delivery to the Teacher's Lounge, but gets caught in the rain while cutting through the school grounds. Tora is naturally invited, unless she just wants Sachiko to end up rifling through her office or something. :v:

Sachiko's Scene

Ah, the lunch rush. Nothing quite like making deliveries all over the city to work up an appetite. Tips had been disappointing, to say the least, — nothing like a 50 yen coin to make that 15-minute delivery feel great! — but the teacher crowd tended to be a little more reliable. I looked back at the bags of food loading down the back of my scooter and grinned. This had to be for at least five of the teachers, even though it was a group order. If I played my cards right? The day may not be a loss after all.

I pulled into the parking lot and kicked out the stand. As I grabbed the bags, I could see all sorts of students out on the grounds running around the track. It made me smile. Ah, those had been the days. No real worries or responsibilities, since it wasn't like I needed to cram for entrance exams or anything. My talents weren't exactly the kind that needed a degree. Of course, as I spent a moment musing on the past, the heavens decided to open up and just start pouring down all sorts of rain. The one day I hadn't brought an umbrella. Ugh.

Sure, yeah, I can move fast. Fast enough to walk between raindrops, even. But that's a bit of a faux pas when it comes to keeping a low profile. I snatched up the bags and started making for the side of the building nearest to me. It seemed like some of the students and their teacher had already picked it as their refuge from the rain, so I bowed slightly as I moved under the overhang with them. I shot a wry grin at their teacher, her back still turned towards me, and said, "Man, just my luck! This rain is unbelievable. Can't even trust the weather channel these days."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Naomi's Scene

quote:

<Hugzilla> Drama scene go!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 5 = 5

it all happened so fast.

We left the Izakaya, me and Sachiko-san, and made our way to the karaoke bar. It was raining pretty heavily, and I remember us running through the rain, holding hands, and laughing all the way. We made it to Karaoke Pasera Shibuya, and we rented a room for just the two of us. I was so nervous, and I wasn't even sure why. It's not like this was my first time doing karaoke! I've gone plenty of times with my co-workers, and it's not like I'm shy about singing! But for some reason, being around Sachiko-san put my nerves on edge, and my heart... I remember my heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was about to leap out from my chest.

It got a little better once we got our drinks and we actually started singing. Sachiko-san sang a few Enka songs (It's not usually my thing, but Sachiko-san has such an amazing, and beautiful, singing voice), and I, uh, sang a few of my favorite anime songs (Don't judge me!). We sang, and drank late into the night. It was so much fun. It's been so long since I've been able to enjoy myself like this.

I'm not sure if it was from all the alcohol, but I remember... looking at Sachiko-san, and thinking how she had the warmest, and most beautiful smile I've ever seen. I remember staring at her eyes, unable to look away from them. I remember inching closer to her, and closing my eyes. I remember...

...Oh.

I open my eyes, and there, right in front of me, with her arms wrapped around my neck, and mine around her waist, is Sachiko-san, our faces practically an inch apart from each other. "Did... did we just...?"

• Locked thread