Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

peramene posted:

Wouldn't Bif have been safe if you jailed her?

Role block, not jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It is, isn't it? :)

My mistake. I'd just read my Devout PM.

Will fill claim in a minute, gonna be as detailed as I can and I'm lunch right now but

Thief 5 (D1, 2) confirmed theft from IS
N2 no abilities mattered - thanks chaos
Scholar 4 (D3, 4)
N3 Ultimate Thief behind sticks with IS behind me
N4 roleblocked AR successfully
Devout 1 (just now)

I'll need to doublecheck this but I don't want to not try to full claim, I think it's right, but it's off the top of my head. I'll confirm in a few minutes.

Between you and me Tobbs: this won't work for anyone else and is probably pointless if you're scum but the name of the Dev1 ability is a specific kind of weather effect.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
n1 - no job
d2 - became geomancer
n2 - geomanced self(blocked)
n3 - geomanced pera(success, redirected)
n4 - geomanced pera(blocked by pera)
d5 - switched to summoner

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"geomanced self" see what I'm saying bahahahahaha

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

It is, isn't it? :)

My mistake. I'd just read my Devout PM.

Will fill claim in a minute, gonna be as detailed as I can and I'm lunch right now but

Scholar 4 (D3, 4)
Devout 1 (just now)

I'll need to doublecheck this but I don't want to not try to full claim, I think it's right, but it's off the top of my head. I'll confirm in a few minutes.

Between you and me Tobbs: this won't work for anyone else and is probably pointless if you're scum but the name of the Dev1 ability is a specific kind of weather effect.

Tornado. I don't know if CPig gave the flavor for abilities to scum or just what it does, but it's probably safe to assume that they know everything :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, I used my level 5 monk ability (reflect) last night.

CPig gave me extra info, saying nobody targeted me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Odd choice to give it away when I was dancing around it. And I had such a good AR joke ready too

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

Odd choice to give it away when I was dancing around it. And I had such a good AR joke ready too

Ehhh I thought you were testing me or something lol

What do you think of Kash?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Kash is a big question mark to me. I've felt pretty town about him all game, yet despite saying so, he kept wanting to kill me. Now he says he wants to lynch AR but right after I say I'm sure about AR.

I guess I'll need to reread him and assess.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tbh I haven't been reading much of this game or playing in it so whatever

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

Tbh I haven't been reading much of this game or playing in it so whatever

:ironicat:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I haven't really had time to put toward this or any other games as I've been trying to really focus on my productivity at work since I've gotten really complacent over the last 6-8 months and it just kinda hit me in the last week or two how little I'm actually doing so I've been redoubling my efforts to work, get new certs, and get myself out there. I've also been working on Gladiators a lot, so I dropped every game I signed up for and effectively quit diplo.

So yeah, I've probably barely thrown around much content or strong accusations, but that's not a reflection of my town or scum game and I'm kinda offended that you think my scum game is to just not play

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I don't keep excusing myself and coming back to excuse myself again like you tho :sun:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

I don't keep excusing myself and coming back to excuse myself again like you tho :sun:

fair enuff

besides playful ribbing i don't care how u play and like bein in games with u regardless of how you feel about my style

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Targeted asiina, bk,bk and then forgot to change jobs after that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

fair enuff

besides playful ribbing i don't care how u play and like bein in games with u regardless of how you feel about my style
i like u

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

i like u

:3:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I haven't really had time to put toward this or any other games as I've been trying to really focus on my productivity at work since I've gotten really complacent over the last 6-8 months and it just kinda hit me in the last week or two how little I'm actually doing so I've been redoubling my efforts to work, get new certs, and get myself out there. I've also been working on Gladiators a lot, so I dropped every game I signed up for and effectively quit diplo.

So yeah, I've probably barely thrown around much content or strong accusations, but that's not a reflection of my town or scum game and I'm kinda offended that you think my scum game is to just not play

What about the last FF game, where you were scum and had the same style?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, and not like this should change anyones mind about anything, but I'm Luneth.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi everyone

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, Kash could be scum I guess. I don't think he made a kill last night given my results though. Unless the Ninja job is literally what it sounds like or there is some other job with that equivalent.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grandicap posted:

Oh, and not like this should change anyones mind about anything, but I'm Luneth.

Yeah, I still don't think flavor is worthwhile to pursue, but I'm Ingus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You mean the game I had 6 pages of posts in a week tobbs?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

Scholar 4 (D3, 4)
Devout 1 (just now)

I am Delilah. An old woman.

And it's straight up bashi-bazouks that the fifteen warriors of light haven't gotten their poo poo together yet. But is one's poo poo ever truly together? Never mind me, just the doddlings of an old woman (and also unchallenged Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild which is not a part of my role but a totally organic thing that happened in-game.)

Day 1: Gained 20 CP. Spent 5 to become Thief. [15] Lv.1 Thief gets Yoink.

Night 1: As Thief, stole 5 CP from IS, who had stolen it from Mr. F! [20] Lv.3 Thief gets one shot of Nexus.

Day 2: Gained 20 CP. [40]

Night 2: Used my Nexus. Chaos nullified it. Lv. 5 Thief gets Ultimate Thief, allowing you to hide behind someone. I pick sticksy.

Day 3: I switch to Scholar. [30] CPig confirms my math to this point. Gain 20 CP. [50]

Night 3: Spent 20 CP [30] and my UT charge to hide behind Sticks; AR geomancies me and Sticks becomes a lightning rod. (We believe.) IS blows his ult on me out of suspicion. I go up to Scholar 2.

Day 4: Day4PM confirms balance of... 40CP. I've got a mistake in my math somewhere but it's in my favor and it's official, so, okay. [40] and then [65]

Night 4: I use one shot of my Scholar RB to stop AR from geomancing - either I stop him from killing me (or himself if he's town, as I secretly suspect), and maybe we get some intel. I realize too late that by not allowing AR to geomance, I've made the situation worse for town. Though I suppose Mith did get Keane. So. Lv. 3 Scholar gets a 2-shot jail and it's named after a small animal.

Day 5: Devout lv 1. [45] Tobbs and I have proven to one another that we both know what the spell is called.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
oh yeah im arc who is an orphan

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Evaluating Kashuno:

Kashuno posted:

ayyy

##vote bif

just after the event. No reason, no rationale.

I say to give Asiina about a day, T-Asiina sometimes shows up ready to go but sometimes she's got poo poo to do. As do we all.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Careful about supporting your scumbros too much pera, it can look bad when they flip.

Kashuno posted:

defending scumbro right here

just in case. Right? But then why kill Asiina N1?

Kashuno posted:

scum post.

Kashuno calls out Asiina for musing on claiming. Just like this. Not why. Just... this. And she isn't. He votes her a little later, she taunts him. He reiterates that he does mean to play this game seriously.

Kashuno posted:

this is a good post (describing Anarc's "tell yourself whatever you want" post)
i already claimed the scum team but no one is willing to vote it so (reiterating his joke presentation: he, asiina, and I, are all scum. Kash gonna Kash? Or scumbluff breadcrumb?)

Kashuno posted:

Black mage here popped asiina

None of the real powers are out yet. It's the best time to take a single shot. He even had the defense that she was his scum pick, which sticksy didn't.

I'm skipping a few posts that look bad to me but are exactly as Tobbs describes. Otherwise I'll be here all day.

Kashuno posted:

Tobbs actually presents a hella good read on Moat and Bif. The only way you can judge players "based on their job choice' is to know what the jobs do ahead of time. Possible major slip. Otoh you can generally discern what your job would do just based on the job right? White mage is probably a doc. Thief probably steals CP. Black mage kills.1 The other 3 are a bit harder to discern tho.

When I picked thief, I expected to get an agility-based dodge. Maybe eventually to steal CP. Mith, what did you think before you went thief?

Kashuno posted:

No. Scum already know who scum are so their targets would be significantly reduced. Town would have a much higher chance of hitting town than scum, or overlapping kills. This is a bad plan.

the fact that no one killed the lynch leaders is telling, fyi.
Lack of a d1 lynch and lack of supposed town vigs not killing the lynch leaders leads me to believe that 2-3 of the vigs were used by scum.
I realize that puts me under heavy suspicion, but I will freely admit I didn't have a chance to read much of d1 and shot who I personally thought was scum.
I'll have to go reread, but if there are vigs that spoke a lot during d1 but didn't vig top lynch targets, I'd make a strong case for them being scum.

Kashuno posted:

Please remember you can literally swap jobs daily

Helping town

Kashuno posted:

Eh. The more I think about things the more I think this setup is just busted. Scum know every ability of every job beforehand, so they know what town power roles are out there and what the best course of action is every night. I don't think as town it matters what we do for power roles, I think it is important to just lynch them.

I could see a case for KB but not based on claims.

Bifauxnen posted:

Town Kash doesn't say I'm town, Town Kash finds some really dumb awful reason to think I'm scummy when I'm not :v: Scum Kash will definitely call me town, though!

Kashuno posted:

Don't feel [T]Bif for scum. She is calling otu every bit of BS and fighting hard, town mentality. The [?]KB thing is a good catch I would probably vote. [T]Stickup is also a fine vote. Don't think [?]Tobbs is scum. I'd vote [T]AR and I really want to get rid of [t]peramene

Kashuno posted:

Pera doesn't about CP costs for abilities but used hers last night? Yeah scum

Kashuno posted:

Why the gently caress did we lynch moat holy poo poo

Kashuno posted:

I'd also vote KB for starting that dumb push and BK who disappeared for multiple irl days and is useless to this game

Kashuno posted:

Like I get it people are whining about not knowing how town lives through this but gently caress people at least put in some effort. I went back and read the posts after I fell asleep and the push to lynch moat was stupid and out of loving nowhere. Good night tho!

##vote pera

Kashuno posted:

Scum post right here. It's an easy push for BK and doesn't have any reads in it at all Aaaaaaa pera you're cool but you're also scum

Ah, yes. Let us not forget.

Kashuno posted:

I'm on Diamond is Unbreakable

Also I don't really have much else to say tbqh. Pera/BK/KB/MF in that order namaste

Kashuno posted:

I've already cased how you keep making posts with no actual content that are long :)

Which frankly was both rude and if not patently inaccurate (good lord have I been trying) at the time, certainly is now.

Kashuno posted:

B

Bif isn't scum and tbh I have not really read much of JJ. I still wanna kill pera

Kashuno posted:

This is sounding more and more like a scum picked a scum role

Keep town thinking like townies.

Kashuno posted:

Because he's not actually 3P he's scum who is active in the scum doc and is lurking here???

Kashuno posted:

Ya I kinda agree at this point that level of effort is so high for scum

Just you loving wait. Some day. Some loving day. One of these loving rear end in a top hat mods is gonna roll me as scum.

Kashuno posted:

won't vote pera at this point or bif.

now doesn't want to kill me

Kashuno posted:

13 alive and only 3 votes out there.

pushing that lynch

Kashuno posted:

##vote AR lots of apologies this game not much content

Kashuno posted:

If Kashuno is scum, it is categorically untrue that his scum game is to "not play." Based on my reread, this would be a very good scum game. The kind I'd expect from someone of his experience. There's a good balance of targeting now-revealed I also know that it's absolutely true that his claim about dropping out of games is true. Why didn't he drop out of this one? I can think of one reason.

Kash - why didn't you replace out? why didn't you ever actually case me? why take this "whatever" approach now? do you agree with me that no lynching is preferable for town than a mislynch?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
and, uh, I'll be around. Every now and then.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do not like to replace out.

I do not think it is good to no lynch

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Warriors , armed with the power of Earth now set to confront Xande.

Doga mentions that they will need to travel to the land of Eureka, and in order to get there they will need Unei's help.

She must be awakened from her slumber however.

The light warriors set out for the Temple of Time to find Noah's Harp.

When they arrive they discover that the darkness in the surface world has lifted somewhat for some reason, and there is no resistance when they retrieve the harp.

When they exit however they find that a weird eyeball thing calling itself Ahriman is there and casts a spell that causes an earthquake!!

A.) Attack him hoping to end the spell.
B.) Run to the nautilus and fly!
C.) Try to find a spot to hole up until the quake is over.
D.) Accept the earthquake and dive in hoping that your useless body can finally be done with this life.

Only one event from today on.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Can we please do D?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
D

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I have a small but real fear that despair options may actually do something special for a scum/3p person, because I'm paranoid normally, and then you add a CPig game and I go off the deep end.

Therefore, I won't vote D, as curious as I am. B looks good to me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure it's B. B

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
B

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sure B

Ok now that I got my one turn in at T/D (:rip:) I will go back and read

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I like B

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
let's do B

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

B is fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not cuddling seems like a really bad idea in this game.

What you are suggesting is that we, the town, who don't know everything about the jobs, should not actually try and cuddle scum during the day, and should instead rely on our night actions to somehow finish the game? We are going up against a more informed opponent in their area?

Please explain to me how this gets us to victory. I'm not seeing it. Like, best case scenario, no one dies during the day, no one dies at night, rinse repeat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

King Burgundy posted:

Not cuddling seems like a really bad idea in this game.

What you are suggesting is that we, the town, who don't know everything about the jobs, should not actually try and cuddle scum during the day, and should instead rely on our night actions to somehow finish the game? We are going up against a more informed opponent in their area?

Please explain to me how this gets us to victory. I'm not seeing it. Like, best case scenario, no one dies during the day, no one dies at night, rinse repeat?

tbf i can now doc two people every night, so if others have docs we can protect a lot of potential town

• Locked thread