Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Chili posted:

Bowserscotch
I would pay actual dollars to see Butterscotch in a Bowser costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I would also contribute to that

Bonus if Chili dresses up as Peach and/or Toad

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Time to start a gofundme.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://www.etsy.com/c/pet-supplies/pet-clothing-accessories-and-shoes/pet-clothing/pet-costumes

I shoudnt have gone here at work :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'm feeling rather crazy at the moment, and I may actually start a totally insane crowdfunding campaign to dress up Butterscotch as Bowser. I kinda got mod approval to one day do a thing like that if he ever needs surgery, but it seems like he probably won't.

I'm going to sit on this for a few hours and decide if it's too insane for me to set up a thing like that. I will probably decide that it is.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

I'm feeling rather crazy at the moment, and I may actually start a totally insane crowdfunding campaign to dress up Butterscotch as Bowser. I kinda got mod approval to one day do a thing like that if he ever needs surgery, but it seems like he probably won't.

I'm going to sit on this for a few hours and decide if it's too insane for me to set up a thing like that. I will probably decide that it is.

if you are going to crowd fund for like one costume dude id just buy it for you, its like under a hundred bucks. Not really worth crowdfunding, on the other hand if you wanted to dress up all the kittehs or create an entire butter fashion show go crazy man.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Bud K ninja sword posted:

if you are going to crowd fund for like one costume dude id just buy it for you, its like under a hundred bucks. Not really worth crowdfunding, on the other hand if you wanted to dress up all the kittehs or create an entire butter fashion show go crazy man.

A part of me just wants to set up a page so I can convince all of my facebook friends that I am 100% batshit crazy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

A part of me just wants to set up a page so I can convince all of my facebook friends that I am 100% batshit crazy.

... just link the thread :haw:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^ :argh:

Chili posted:

Just send them here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=48029

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'd still contribute to a buttersnip even if he didn't need it. Good boy deserves a good tummytuck :kimchi:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'd still contribute to a buttersnip even if he didn't need it. Good boy deserves a good tummytuck :kimchi:

That's kind of where I was with things for a bit. But then the vet reminded me that it's surgery, and you don't do surgery unless you really need to. Fact is, if he can get down to 15/16/ pounds, most of the remaining weight would be excess skin and he can live a pretty healthy life with that, so long as it doesn't drag around and get him an infection. That being the case, it's probably best to let him be.

Nevermind that if we got him that surgery, and he were able to jump up onto our kitchen table, our lives would officially be ruined.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

That's kind of where I was with things for a bit. But then the vet reminded me that it's surgery, and you don't do surgery unless you really need to. Fact is, if he can get down to 15/16/ pounds, most of the remaining weight would be excess skin and he can live a pretty healthy life with that, so long as it doesn't drag around and get him an infection. That being the case, it's probably best to let him be.

Nevermind that if we got him that surgery, and he were able to jump up onto our kitchen table, our lives would officially be ruined.

you could take all that extra skin and pull it all up into a harness and make a butterboat

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This store only sells knit hats for cats, but they seem affordable...

...and come in kitten sizes...

http://kawaiihawaiicats.storenvy.com

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Jack Gladney posted:

This store only sells knit hats for cats, but they seem affordable...

...and come in kitten sizes...

http://kawaiihawaiicats.storenvy.com
I know what whoever I get for PISS next year is getting if they have a cat :getin:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tendai posted:

I know what whoever I get for PISS next year is getting if they have a cat :getin:

100% of hat sales go to a cat shelter in Hawaii, so go for it!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jack Gladney posted:

100% of hat sales go to a cat shelter in Hawaii, so go for it!

oh thats a good cause.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I wasn't even aware they did bariatric surgery for cats!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Lareine posted:

I wasn't even aware they did bariatric surgery for cats!

It wouldn't be bariatric, they would just remove a lot of extra skin. That's what a tummy tuck is.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Grizzlyrumpus:

Snoozing in the basement:

And also, we just learned that with Butterscotch's ever changing physiology, when he sits, it now looks like he's sitting on a little stool:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
A Bscotch muffin top. :3:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Don't tell the others, but Grizzly is my favorite kitten :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so excited. One of my friends I volunteer with at the shelter who fosters is going out of town next week and I am going over a few nights next week to socialize with her foster kitten fluffmuffins and I caaaaan't waaaaaaait! KITTENS

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Geolicious posted:

I'm so excited. One of my friends I volunteer with at the shelter who fosters is going out of town next week and I am going over a few nights next week to socialize with her foster kitten fluffmuffins and I caaaaan't waaaaaaait! KITTENS

it would be remiss for you not to take pictures.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

it would be remiss for you not to take pictures.

I am slightly offended you maybe thought I wouldn't.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Geolicious posted:

I am slightly offended you maybe thought I wouldn't.

Im rather off-put you thought my reply critical. :colbert:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

They're looking great, Chili!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

They're looking great, Chili!

I only wish I didn't screw up the camera configuration you so painstakingly helped me set up. Wish I could live stream them, they're such rambunctious little monsters.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'll drop by IRC today and see if we can get it working again. :haw:

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

I hope it's okay to post this here, but my friend/coworker and I hosted a doggie "kissing booth" event at our store to raise money for local rescues (over $300 and lots of food, treats, toys, etc!) and the photographer kindly made us a slideshow of some of the pictures she took. Most of the dogs pictured are rescues, and the big yellow lab/hound mix you see at the beginning was the inspiration for the event. Much of the money raised is going to the organization (Almost Home Rescue, great name) that got him out of Alabama and up north to be loved and spoiled forever.

https://animoto.com/play/sSd5KYbWH6IlT5vc2wffzg?autostart=1

My buddy and I had a hell of a fun time putting this together for the second year running, we even had a dog treat bake sale and our boss offered to reimburse us for the ingredients. God I love working with dogs, y'all.

(also those drat kittens are KILLING me Chili, KILLING ME!)

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I adopted this adorable orange floof on the weekend. His name is Oliver and he's basically a huge teddy bear.

He's a little overweight because his previous owners were old people who fed him hotdogs and bologna.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Puppies! :3:

This is the thread for the weight reduction of orange floofs so you have found the right place.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

porkswordonboard posted:

I hope it's okay to post this here, but my friend/coworker and I hosted a doggie "kissing booth" event at our store to raise money for local rescues (over $300 and lots of food, treats, toys, etc!) and the photographer kindly made us a slideshow of some of the pictures she took. Most of the dogs pictured are rescues, and the big yellow lab/hound mix you see at the beginning was the inspiration for the event. Much of the money raised is going to the organization (Almost Home Rescue, great name) that got him out of Alabama and up north to be loved and spoiled forever.

https://animoto.com/play/sSd5KYbWH6IlT5vc2wffzg?autostart=1

My buddy and I had a hell of a fun time putting this together for the second year running, we even had a dog treat bake sale and our boss offered to reimburse us for the ingredients. God I love working with dogs, y'all.

(also those drat kittens are KILLING me Chili, KILLING ME!)

you are a really cool person and that is :kimchi: as fuuuuuck

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I was unsuccessful in my attempts to photograph my friend's foster kittens. Will try again tonight. Wish me luck. And cuddles.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Watch us torture our fat cat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaGTYCBg4II

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm surprised there isn't a suction cup or some kind of weighted insert that you can put on that maze to keep it from tipping over. It looks like the rubber mat has a little flange that mounts it to the dish but that doesn't seem like enough.

My cat would have taken a runner at that thing from the opposite side of the room and blown it apart within seconds, but Butterscotch clearly has a gentle spirit.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm surprised there isn't a suction cup or some kind of weighted insert that you can put on that maze to keep it from tipping over. It looks like the rubber mat has a little flange that mounts it to the dish but that doesn't seem like enough.

My cat would have taken a runner at that thing from the opposite side of the room and blown it apart within seconds, but Butterscotch clearly has a gentle spirit.

Yeah, it does fasten into a groove. That was the first time we used it. Since then we've been using it properly and it hasn't been an issue.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I paused at just the right time.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

CJacobs posted:

I paused at just the right time.

CHILI WHY!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili