Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm feeling good about Kash being scum.

##vote Kashuno

Who suggested no cuddle? With 8 alive and multiple potential kills, we kind of have to dunk the player we most believe is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Warriors run towards the Nautilus and fly away with the Harp!!

Light aligned gains 10 CP , Dark loses 10 CP!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

tbf i can now doc two people every night, so if others have docs we can protect a lot of potential town

Right. So let's assume everyone gets prevention jobs, and no one ever dies at night. And we don't cuddle during the day. When does the game end?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm feeling good about Kash being scum.

##vote Kashuno

Who suggested no cuddle? With 8 alive and multiple potential kills, we kind of have to dunk the player we most believe is scum.

pera has repeatedly suggested it and it makes no sense at all.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

King Burgundy posted:

Right. So let's assume everyone gets prevention jobs, and no one ever dies at night. And we don't cuddle during the day. When does the game end?

pera has repeatedly suggested it and it makes no sense at all.

literally never

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

literally never

Actually, now that I think about it. That would be a great way to troll the hell out of Pig. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to give it another few minutes to see if people start show up, and if not, going to give up and play some rock band.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wait why did Tobbs vote disappear?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Wait why did Tobbs vote disappear?

Did it disappear? Or was it never there?

Sometimes votefinder is slow to update.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

We haven't seen a new bard thingy announced, so the only reason I can think of that it would disappear is if people's votes stay gone if they were affected by the bard power previously? I think a couple people were voting earlier when that happened, Tobbs and someone else.

Tobbs didn't say anything about that being a thing tho.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Did it disappear? Or was it never there?

Sometimes votefinder is slow to update.

Kashuno (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Looks like it unvoted for him. Probably just a VF error now that I think about it. Just got paranoid over it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, this is boring. I'll try to remember to check back in right before deadline. No promises.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, this is boring. I'll try to remember to check back in right before deadline. No promises.

I'm here now!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It didn't say the music stopped so it must still be removing votes.

##vote Kashuno

If you're throwing shade on pera KB, do you think she and AR are scum?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Kash is a vote I could get behind.

Somewhat unrelated, I can't imagine the town cred from revealing a bards abilities to town being more powerful than hiding said abilities and surprising town into lylo early, so I feel good about tobbs

Of course, that's if he's telling the whole truth... damnit, paranoid again.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I meant to do this last post

##vote Kashuno

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Kashuno (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Mithross, Mithross
King Burgundy (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Absurd Revolver (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (7): Absurd Revolver, chaoslord, Grandicap, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Mithross, peramene

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 17 minutes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, that was weird I admit, but I had a scary thought chain and backed up quick. Nobody but tobbs has thrown a vote today, and he's voted two people, Kash and kb. If we assume scum tobbs (who I'm leaning town on, still) his auto hammer, plus another bard who's been biding his time, could hammer two days in a row.

Basically, I'm going to wait until later to throw my vote down and leave it. I'll be here for deadline, I can wait and play it safe.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Vote finder being buggy was part of why I was scared, but I see its registering tobbs' votes again. This makes me feel better.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lol I can't autohammer, I already used the level 3 ability.

I could triple vote if I wanted to, but I'm not going to solo lynch another player.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Besides, I switched jobs and only have 10/20 CP I'd need to use the level 5 bard ability (spent 20 to use reflect + another 20 switching to an earth crystal job today).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol I can't autohammer, I already used the level 3 ability.

I could triple vote if I wanted to, but I'm not going to solo lynch another player.

We also have several people with unreported/unverifiable actions, and several nights they may have leveled bard without doing anything. It isn't likely, but it's possible.

Basically, I'll be here, why not play it safe.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mithross posted:

We also have several people with unreported/unverifiable actions, and several nights they may have leveled bard without doing anything. It isn't likely, but it's possible.

Basically, I'll be here, why not play it safe.

I haven't done a running tally of how many CP scum have gotten but I think it's a lot less than town. Besides, another one would have to signal through CPIG and we'd all see the harp message.

I'd be more worried about the level 1 ability because adding random anonymous votes could allow a doublevoting scum bard to hammer a townie.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote AR

Would switch to Kash to avoid NL but we're under an hour so time to put em up

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I would vote either, the case against them is basically the same. AR has been a little more open about it, I guess.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I would vote either, the case against them is basically the same. AR has been a little more open about it, I guess.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at.

I am not going to vote for you, pera, or KB. Grandicap, I'll be honest, I haven't really read them and I'm :effort: about it because I feed off of other people's energy in games and everyone else is kind of just drifting towards the finish so thats where I am, too.

Ever since that D1 claim I have Tobbs as suspicious in the back of my head but it is pretty clear no one else is bard and so alerting the rest of the game to "level 5 bard is broken op" just seems a sub optimal play as a scum when you could keep that in your back pocket and strike at any time once it hits LYLO. So he's probably not scum (or is just not playing optimally? IDK)

So that leaves AR and Kash and my gut feels AR moreso than Kash, especially when stickup ended up dead on a night when AR targeted them thru trying to hit pera.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Kashuno

Bless.

AR's geomancy isn't a good class for scum, why would they want fewer night kills? They want tons of night kills.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you're throwing shade on pera KB, do you think she and AR are scum?

Naw, I've been percolating on it, and I still think Pera is probably town. I've decided I like her thoughts on Grandi too. I still think AR is the best choice. But I'd do Grandi too. And I'll do Kash to avoid a no cuddle.

##vote AR

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mithross posted:

Kash is a vote I could get behind.

Somewhat unrelated, I can't imagine the town cred from revealing a bards abilities to town being more powerful than hiding said abilities and surprising town into lylo early, so I feel good about tobbs

Of course, that's if he's telling the whole truth... damnit, paranoid again.

Sure, but that gets super wifomy. Maybe the good reason is so he won't have suspicion. Maybe the good reason is specifically to make us paranoid. And we still only have his word about what the later powers do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Besides, I switched jobs and only have 10/20 CP I'd need to use the level 5 bard ability (spent 20 to use reflect + another 20 switching to an earth crystal job today).

Wait, what? Are you sure? I feel like I've switched jobs a lot like you and have way more CP.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Sure, but that gets super wifomy. Maybe the good reason is so he won't have suspicion. Maybe the good reason is specifically to make us paranoid. And we still only have his word about what the later powers do.

Yea, that's why I described it as paranoia. It isn't paranoia if they really are out to get you, after all.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote AR

Would still vote kash

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Wait, what? Are you sure? I feel like I've switched jobs a lot like you and have way more CP.

CPig's PM to me said 40, spent 40 after that and only gained 10 unless I missed an event.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah.

N1-lvl 1 monk (nexus)
N2-lvl 3 monk (nexus)
D3-switched to ranger, switched to bard, used lvl 1 bard power
N3-no action (can't use actions the night after singing)
D4-no action, no switch
N4-used ???
D5-used sing, switched to Devout

Just being honest in that I haven't claimed what I did last night (yet)

So spent 5 becoming monk. 5
10 becoming ranger. 15
15 becoming bard. 35
20 using monk power. 55
20 changing to devout. 75

Am I missing any claimed expenditures Tobbs?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If you never used a level 5 ability from an earlier class, it costs 20 CP to do so.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 5

Absurd Revolver (3): Kashuno, chaoslord, King Burgundy, Mithross, Kashuno
Kashuno (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Mithross, Mithross, peramene
King Burgundy (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Grandicap, Kashuno

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If you never used a level 5 ability from an earlier class, it costs 20 CP to do so.

That's in my list though. The monk power use for 20.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

So spent 5 becoming monk. 5
10 becoming ranger. 15
15 becoming bard. 35
20 using monk power. 55
20 changing to devout. 75

Am I missing any claimed expenditures Tobbs?

That looks like all of them. How many events did CPig do after he sent us PM's?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Blah, pera's RB isn't absolute, don't like it but ##vote AR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

At -1

• Locked thread