Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hate the word 'gacha'.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: another bad roll, mostly 3* this time. I regret everything.
You gain hero feather by "Sending Home" characters. That's how I plan to get Sheena up to a 5* rank sometime this century.

Speaking of, she is a goddamned WALL. Apart from her huge defence and reasonable resistance, she gets Svalinn Shield, which neutralizes "effective against" bonuses; Escutcheon, which reduces damage from adjacent attacks by 30% and triggers after every 2 hits and a Killer Axe which reduces said trigger to 1.

Non-green magic can still take her down with a bit of effort but, dear lord, she's a monster.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 4, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
This game is fun as heck, I didn't know how much I needed FE-lite in my life until now.

I did some pulls and it feels like I got a spread that was "pretty good/usable for now" so I'm having trouble picking out who are the breakthrough units for the most part. It's too late to reroll and I don't plan on pulling until my favorites are on a banner so I wanna do the best I can with what I got for the moment.

Red: Ogma (5), Selena (4), Lilina (4), Raigh (4), Stahl (3), Sophia (3)

Blue: Catria (5), Effie (4), Peri (4), Est (4), Gwendolyn (3), Subaki (3)

Green: Merric (5), Nino (4), Cecilia (4), Bartre (3)

Neutral: Gaius (4), Gordin (3), Setsuna (3), Clarine (3)

Favorite units so far: Merric, Gaius, Effie, Clarine, Peri (though she's squishy), Subaki, Stahl, Cecilia, Selena

I'm still dicking around with them but do I have any units I should be paying more attention to?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Adel posted:

Favorite units so far: Merric, Gaius, Effie, Clarine, Peri (though she's squishy), Subaki, Stahl, Cecilia, Selena

I'm still dicking around with them but do I have any units I should be paying more attention to?

Unless I roll a 5* peri, she might be the first one I choose to upgrade because her 5* skill and enhanced special seem to go together hilariously well. If I'm figuring it right, it looks like she'd be activating her +50% damage attack every two turns which is great. Now if only there was a way to stop her from being completely wrecked by trees.

Man, this game makes me really, really disappointed in how bad Bandai's Super Robot Wars mobile game turned out.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
10000 feathers to go from 4* to 5*? Oof!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when are they gonna nerf tanks

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Voodoo posted:

20,000 actually.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Adel posted:

This game is fun as heck, I didn't know how much I needed FE-lite in my life until now.

I did some pulls and it feels like I got a spread that was "pretty good/usable for now" so I'm having trouble picking out who are the breakthrough units for the most part. It's too late to reroll and I don't plan on pulling until my favorites are on a banner so I wanna do the best I can with what I got for the moment.

Red: Ogma (5), Selena (4), Lilina (4), Raigh (4), Stahl (3), Sophia (3)

Blue: Catria (5), Effie (4), Peri (4), Est (4), Gwendolyn (3), Subaki (3)

Green: Merric (5), Nino (4), Cecilia (4), Bartre (3)

Neutral: Gaius (4), Gordin (3), Setsuna (3), Clarine (3)

Nino! No, actual suggestion would be to try your other 5*s (Og and Catria, yeh?) and see if you like them or not. Maybe dabble with anybody else that strikes your fancy, too- low level Training Tower missions are cheap (for now) and get you the first 2-5 levels really quick. Then maybe try to pick the four you like as a team the most and focus on them for now. 5*s definitely have an advantage, but at least for now content is easy enough that you can probably use who you like at least through normal mode campaign. Stockpiling resources to promote anybody who isn't a 5* up to there takes a while, but you can get anyone there eventually.

Voodoo posted:

Isn't it 20k? Either way yeah it's a heck of a lot. Plus you have to get the greater badges. Dunno what difficulty of the Tower gives them!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ShinyDais posted:

Isn't it 20k? Either way yeah it's a heck of a lot. Plus you have to get the greater badges. Dunno what difficulty of the Tower gives them!

6th Strata+

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How are people finding Donnel to be?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

idk if he has some hidden better growth rate/weighting but he is a Brave Lance using unit but his other skills are just +5 MaxHP to himself and an ability to drag enemies he attacks back one space

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I got somebody named Lucina on my first reroll and 5-pull. Is she good? My Fire Emblem knowledge is "who the hell is this Marth guy" when I play Smash Brothers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

brave lance means enemies melt on his turn, he's my best lance user by far

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I hate the word 'gacha'.

*spends $30 on premium currency*

*game makes big show of pulling characters one at a time*

*pulls nothing but 3* characters*

:iamafag: Gotcha! :razz:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I rerolled a bunch, and this just popped up.

That'll do game, that'll do.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

I might use him again if I roll a decent star rank for him but, much like anything that isn't a healer, feather him if he's below 4 stars.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Second five pull was... mostly trash. :negative: 4* Florina is decent, I guess, then a bunch of 3*s.

3* Tiki from my last pull is surprisingly wrecking poo poo, though I guess even at a lower rarity she's still a focus character. Really looking forward to farming those feathers for her :smithicide: 4* Saizo from my last pull is absolute garbage and worse than the 3* Matt I just pulled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I got somebody named Lucina on my first reroll and 5-pull. Is she good? My Fire Emblem knowledge is "who the hell is this Marth guy" when I play Smash Brothers.

Yes. She has a regen ability and is pretty much carrying my friend through the game.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Nuebot posted:

Unless I roll a 5* peri, she might be the first one I choose to upgrade because her 5* skill and enhanced special seem to go together hilariously well. If I'm figuring it right, it looks like she'd be activating her +50% damage attack every two turns which is great. Now if only there was a way to stop her from being completely wrecked by trees.

I'll admit that as a character she annoys me but her damage output is just so dumb that I can't not use her. And her "gently caress up everyone in 2 turns" combo is doable at 4*, you can upgrade her special then and her Killer Lance gives -1 to activation speed. Seems like the big reason to 5* her is for bigger numbers on her Killer Lance+.

ShinyDais posted:

Nino! No, actual suggestion would be to try your other 5*s (Og and Catria, yeh?) and see if you like them or not. Maybe dabble with anybody else that strikes your fancy, too- low level Training Tower missions are cheap (for now) and get you the first 2-5 levels really quick. Then maybe try to pick the four you like as a team the most and focus on them for now. 5*s definitely have an advantage, but at least for now content is easy enough that you can probably use who you like at least through normal mode campaign. Stockpiling resources to promote anybody who isn't a 5* up to there takes a while, but you can get anyone there eventually.

I've tried using Ogma but he doesn't really thrill me, his A skill (+attack when hp < 50%) kinda conflicts with his special (a self heal). If I need a red phys attacker I'd rather use Selena. Catria is in my leveling party so I'll see how I like her, I'm hoping she is Good just because having 2/3rds of my 5*s being outclassed by 4*s would kinda suck :v: But that's good advice to just throw everyone at the training tower.

Merric and Gaius are both OP and adorable, I love them :allears:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All 5-stars are good. Lucina's schtick is very good offense while still having normal defense, plus she will just instantly obliterate all dragons

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Got a 5* Takumi. I hated this guy in Fates, but now I love him because he is a loving god that just kills everything

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

Got a 5* Takumi. I hated this guy in Fates, but now I love him because he is a loving god that just kills everything

He was also that in Fates

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pulled my third Matthew (urgh), Clarine (another healer! 3-star, but still competent enough), and... 5-star Corrin. Yay?

Also a 4-star Oboro, who's tanky but I already have lots of lancers.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
here is a note: if you combine units to get the bonus level, it reduces the amount of feathers it takes to rank them up. So if you jam a 4* into a 4*, it'll cost 300 feathers less to rank them up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Adel posted:

I'll admit that as a character she annoys me but her damage output is just so dumb that I can't not use her. And her "gently caress up everyone in 2 turns" combo is doable at 4*, you can upgrade her special then and her Killer Lance gives -1 to activation speed. Seems like the big reason to 5* her is for bigger numbers on her Killer Lance+.

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that. I might not have to worry about upgrading her after all :shepface: I mean, her attack grows by a decent amount still. But I think saving the resources for a unit that gets a personal weapon rather than just a better one is a better use until I'm swimming in feathers. Peri's quickly caught up in levels to Roy and out-levelled Hana embarssingly. Hana's good against armored nerds, but lancers wreck her poo poo, especially since she can't buff herself but she can buff peri and just let peri ruin any blue units around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are voice lines bugged? I'm not hearing anything.

E nvm, it's for some reason tied to notification sound.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MotU posted:

here is a note: if you combine units to get the bonus level, it reduces the amount of feathers it takes to rank them up. So if you jam a 4* into a 4*, it'll cost 300 feathers less to rank them up

So, about the same amount as you'd get for trading it in?

I guess that makes up for the spending if you upgrade a unit, but it seems less versatile than just sending them home.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016

Adel posted:

I've tried using Ogma but he doesn't really thrill me, his A skill (+attack when hp < 50%) kinda conflicts with his special (a self heal). If I need a red phys attacker I'd rather use Selena. Catria is in my leveling party so I'll see how I like her, I'm hoping she is Good just because having 2/3rds of my 5*s being outclassed by 4*s would kinda suck :v: But that's good advice to just throw everyone at the training tower.

Merric and Gaius are both OP and adorable, I love them :allears:

Assuming this random early-data wiki I've pulled up is correct, Catria's skillset looks actually really well synergized! Killer Lance+, Luna, +Def when attacking and -Atk to target after combat. So, able to relatively safely charge up Luna and unleash it. Dunno what her stats will turn out like, but people are saying skills are what make or break and Catria's don't sound overwhelming to me but it's neat that she has that much synergy.

To be fair though I think a lot of units in this game look cool so far!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Whoops yeah 20k. Lot of work to do I guess. Apparently it lowers if you merge people though.

Is there a level cap? Or is it just, anytime after level 20 you can "unlock potential" for a star and reset a characters stats.

Edit: looks like the cap is 40? I wonder if there a benefit to maxing out first before upgrading.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 4, 2017

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I just want a good ranged unit or axe wielder, just one. Camilla would be perfect but I'm willing to compromise since the game saw fit to give me 5* Lyn and Roy, and that's great and all, but occasionally they don't one shot certain enemy units.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I rerolled and now have a 5* Cordelia (the best). New friend code is 7430403138.

Galeforce is still the king of skills.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I put my orbs into fully upgrading my castle after I got a 4* or better in every piece of the weapon triangle, and after doing that I finally scrounged up enough orbs to do another 5-summon. I don't have a healer yet and I was looking for an upgrade on Cherche for my green team member, so I was hoping to get a lot of green and gray stones. I committed the 5 orbs to start the summon and got... a green and 4 blues. Picked the green one first since you have to do at least one... and got 5* Camilla, which took a lot of the sting out. So I backed out after that to save the other 15 orbs since Florina has been holding down my blue spot pretty well, and now I'm grinding up Camilla and the 4* units I wasn't already using in my main team in the training tower to see how they compare after reaching similar levels. Once I'm done with that I should have enough time to blast through another 5 missions to do another summon, although I would like to hold some orbs back for whatever the next banners are. It's going to be weird playing a gacha game where we aren't several months of content behind the Japanese version so we know what's coming.

night slime
May 14, 2014
What are the cost decreases for orbs when you summon? I kept thinking it was 5-4-3-2-1 but it isn't.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

night slime posted:

What are the cost decreases for orbs? I kept thinking it was 5-4-3-2-1 but it isn't.

5-4-4-4-3

You need 20 orbs to do a full summon

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Herbotron posted:

I just want a good ranged unit or axe wielder, just one. Camilla would be perfect but I'm willing to compromise since the game saw fit to give me 5* Lyn and Roy, and that's great and all, but occasionally they don't one shot certain enemy units.

Default virion is still really good. Takes cate of fliers and learns debuff speed.

night slime
May 14, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

5-4-4-4-3

You need 20 orbs to do a full summon

Thanks!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Has anyone been able to get Physic to actually do the AoE healing it's supposed to do? If it doesn't work I may bench Sakura in favor of Clarine.

I for one have not. Unfortunately Maria is my only healer (but I'd just put her back on Mend probably).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

night slime posted:

What are the cost decreases for orbs when you summon? I kept thinking it was 5-4-3-2-1 but it isn't.

5-4-4-4-3, I think.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Clarste posted:

5-4-4-4-3, I think.

This is correct. 5-4-4-4-3 for 20 total

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How/when do you get more swords for arena fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

How/when do you get more swords for arena fighting?

They reset daily. Alternatively, there's an item that can reset them instantly, or you can spend an orb if you're out of those.