Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Was it:

a) Homer Votes 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_Ahtg5CxE

b) Harlem Shake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw

c) Tik Tok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRV6yxZUSQ

d) Homer Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqISeDGT4kk

e) Lisa Goes Gaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fodo1Wo77bk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Everything with Lisa

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
The bart vs the space mutants NES game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
When the Simpsons movie ripped off a scene from a Leslie Nielsen movie verbatim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rsqZAODm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogttpcKFIA
(skip to 2:16)

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
When homer hosed Lena Dunham

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
season 3

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lisa and the whale is when it jumped the shark

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Universe Master posted:

Everything with Lisa

Pretty much, and then they decided she needed to be the focus of every other episode and a moral compass that always points to <insert slur>

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
When Homer got hosed by a panda

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Wait are they still making new episodes?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pretty much, and then they decided she needed to be the focus of every other episode and a moral compass that always points to <insert slur>

I like the one when she becomes vegetarian because it ends with her realising she shouldn't be a dick to everyone. And the one with the deprivation tank where she realises she is a total bitch to her loving father.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeesh, those clips are like watching an old friend get tortured.
Simpsons doesn't exist after season 10 at the very max. For context, I think the Simpsons Go To Japan ep might be in season 10, so I include that because it still had a few funny gags left.

To add to this list, though, maybe the lowest point was when apparently Marge got breast implants?
I thought Maude's death was handled pretty badly, too. That was the real start of the end.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 4, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i'll leave it up to those of you who still watch to decide the low point. i havent watched since like season 10 or 11

so maybe everything after season 10 was the low point

edit: ^^ yeah exactly

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
celebrity guest spots going from Dustin Hoffman etc to whoever is "cool" at that minute, and then the episode took 6 months to make so by then people had stopped giving a poo poo

They had Michael Jackson and the surviving Beatles on, pretty much the most famous people you could think of and now it's like "hey let's let Ricky Gervais write an episode and star in the episode"

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Homer votes is just a factual retelling of what happened

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

JazzFlight posted:

To add to this list, though, maybe the lowest point was when apparently Marge got breast implants?
I thought Maude's death was handled pretty badly, too. That was the real start of the end.

It's always a toss-up but most people point to Maude's death by T-shirt cannon.

e: by "most people" I mean nerds on Internet message boards

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

JazzFlight posted:

Close, but I think you'll find that the lowest point was when Marge took a bunch of steroids and raped Homer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOmHD7TJvvw&t=90s

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I still watch religiously, like church. So I don't really pay attention.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Extra Large Marge posted:

When Homer got hosed by a panda

Pretty much a combination of this and Homer's transition from 'well-meaning buffoon who at the end of the day loves his family' to 'clinically retarded jerk'.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Retconning how Homer met Marge.

Elf Jockeys.

Tony loving Blair

Going from believable dysfunctional family to holy poo poo we better copy Family Guy, more zanyness!

Visiting other countries and being lazy racist stereotype versions.

Being loving poo poo after running out of family situations.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
The cross episode with Family guy where Peter was funnier.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Those are all good though op?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
When Bart and Homer go to Hawaii and get stuck in lava and pray to "Jeebus".

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

luncheon meat posted:

celebrity guest spots going from Dustin Hoffman etc to whoever is "cool" at that minute, and then the episode took 6 months to make so by then people had stopped giving a poo poo

They had Michael Jackson and the surviving Beatles on, pretty much the most famous people you could think of and now it's like "hey let's let Ricky Gervais write an episode and star in the episode"

To be fair Gervais was at his peak of popularity when he did the episode and the Simpsons writers just took the story and some scenes from him and made a script around it

The Family Guy Dolphin episode with him was even worse

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
ever since armin tamzarian, every single episode of the simpsons has been worst than the one before it. so that means that every single time you watch a new simpsons, that's the worst episode of the series

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

happyhippy posted:

Retconning how Homer met Marge.

Elf Jockeys.

Tony loving Blair

Going from believable dysfunctional family to holy poo poo we better copy Family Guy, more zanyness!

Visiting other countries and being lazy racist stereotype versions.

Being loving poo poo after running out of family situations.

Characters breaking from their characters, doing horrible things.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

the one where Lisa is sad

naem
May 29, 2011

Worst episode over was a good episode actually

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Other Barry posted:

ever since armin tamzarian, every single episode of the simpsons has been worst than the one before it. so that means that every single time you watch a new simpsons, that's the worst episode of the series

I was gonna post and say wow noone mentioned principal and the pauper but ding ding there it is

It isnt even a bad episode and if it actually annoyed you as a kid then youre a freak

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The one where we the viewers find out which one's white and which ones black

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

The episode where Bart gets emancipated from his family and hangs with Tony Hawk and poo poo.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
The Simpsons is actually still more or less just as good as it's always been

Sorry to those of you who have wrong opinions and think The Simpsons after season X was bad.

Some episodes are bad, some are good.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Was there an episode of season 10 that wasnt lovely?

naem
May 29, 2011

Hey everybody I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face a big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The other ones were bad but this is probably the worst Simpsons clip I've ever seen. Jesus christ.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tom Gorman posted:

The other ones were bad but this is probably the worst Simpsons clip I've ever seen. Jesus christ.

This is the first modern Simpsons clip I have watched in about 5 years or more.
HOLY gently caress what happened!
The animation style, its its just WRONG.
And the movement speeds. Or is it the yt video itself, it's like a dream sequence. Slowed down a tad, making it unsettling. Like David Lynch shot it.

Its a Dad joke in cartoon form. No, even a Dad joke Dad would cringe at this.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The only thing I can respect about that clip is that someone working on that episode were familiar with the old Tsarist anthem and used it at the end.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
My favorite episode is the one where homer discovers he likes having his rear end ate

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Tom Gorman posted:

Depressingly bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bart moves out and lives in building with Tony Hawk