Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

homeless snail posted:

There is also apparently at least one game that crashes when you turn boost mode on, Soma I think.

Yeah hopefully that's a rare exception, and maybe that'll encourage them to do a proper PS4 patch?

I wonder if anyone has tried the new Amnesia collection. I bet it suffers from the same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess you're right about that. Still though, it's odd that the alternative he chose was just to lie.

Maybe it wasn't a lie? Maybe this is a fairly recent development and they decided to flip on a "hey you can do this now but it may not always work 100% of the time" option.

I guarantee you they'd never lie by holding back something they were sure of if it meant additional advantages to their lead/popularity.

I have a feeling this came about more organically.

Pro works with patched old games only.

They realize performance bumps across the board would have weird effects.

The public hangs a bit on the fact that random games won't see a benefit.

Xbone S shows an across the board bump.

Sony bosses "put some guys on looking into it".

Something like that maybe?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's called boost mode but I swear everytime I read it it says beast mode.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Depends what game you're using it with.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lobok posted:

It's called boost mode but I swear everytime I read it it says beast mode.

When you turn it on, Marshawn Lynch shows up and says, "Turn that poo poo on and run through a mufukka."

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am so loving ready for NiOh.

Also:

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/827735832115032066

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 4, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

8-bit Miniboss posted:

When you turn it on, Marshawn Lynch shows up and says, "Turn that poo poo on and run through a mufukka."

Hell yeah boost my NFL 2k17 into the stratosphere

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
Here's a little very basic gameplay boosted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoTksShS5M

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

g-c posted:

So can you play multiplayer Bloodborne like that without desyncing with normal PS4 users or anything?

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Samurai Sanders posted:

So can you play multiplayer Bloodborne like that without desyncing with normal PS4 users or anything?

I don't see why not, but I haven't tried it myself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Bb expects to be running at 30fps so why would actually reaching that target be bad?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here are the songs in Future Tone that don't have a Normal difficulty:

Far Away
Jaded
Last night, good night
Packaged
Song of life
Strobe nights
Vocaloid in love
White Dove

There are a bunch that don't have Easy, too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Boost mode looks amazing. Guess I'm getting a Pro.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

g-c posted:

You get the parry and then run around to hit him from behind instead of doing a visceral attack?

E: Okay you got the second one :)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

g-c posted:

I don't see why not, but I haven't tried it myself
In the past From has linked physics things to the frame rate and I didn't know if they had stopped doing that.

Real hurthling! posted:

Bb expects to be running at 30fps so why would actually reaching that target be bad?
Yeah, that makes sense.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

In the past From has linked physics things to the frame rate and I didn't know if they had stopped doing that.

Yeah, that makes sense.

right that was going from variable 20-30 to 60 on a game engine built for 30. bb is going from variable 20-30 to 30 in a game engine built for 30

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah and that's probably exactly why beast mode doesn't let you go to like 40-60 fps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it can't alter fps caps.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

it can't alter fps caps.

Ah yeah, I was kinda mixing it with games that had proper pro patches.

That's probably why we won't get a proper pro mode, anyways.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed 100%

Just given the detail of the world, I often found myself imagining what it would be like playing a more interesting
game on the same map. Someone really needs to have the balls to make a big open world game that smashes the played out GTA Icon hunting structure. It's just so done to death.

With Watch Dogs 2, I feel like I would have loved just a linear game with story missions that they could tightly design since they were linear. The open world added nothing to it.

Well except for taking photos of dogs. But you could put them in the missions and I would probably be happy

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Someone with boost mode play EDF.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

for the sake of edf purity i hope it crashes the game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fix posted:

Unless I'm going insane 4.1 seriously has almost no frame rate problems. The frame rate jokes should have ended with 4.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The nioh dynamic theme is very good

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh, that's boring. I thought it would have at least gotten swallowed by some sort of controversy. :saddowns:

Bit of a shame though, was going to take a punt on it.

If you're an afficiando of sprite art, Slain is an excellent choice for a collection, it's quite gorgeous looking. The stages are lavish and there's a lot of small animations in background art and enemies and the like. It's not nearly as mindblowing as Hyperlight Drifter, but it IS a game made from sprites that can make you stop and just take in the visuals.

The gameplay is exceedingly clunky in that old-school Castlevania style, which may appeal to a certain audience more than others.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Chiming in to say that Boost Mode gives a more consistent framerate in Yakuza 0 in the back parts of Kamurocho that sometimes make the game a little framey. Totally gone from what I can tell.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I got a code for the 4.50 software beta, but my external hard drive crapped out last week. Would it be ok to still download and install the beta without having any way to back up the system?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Feenix posted:

I am so loving ready for NiOh.

They posted one last CG trailer for it and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7ZDzWdy9E
The very last part of this just tells me more than ever that yep, this is Onimusha.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I got a code for the 4.50 software beta, but my external hard drive crapped out last week. Would it be ok to still download and install the beta without having any way to back up the system?

While not an outright guarantee, installing betas has generally been very safe.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If you have Plus then your game saves are being backed up to the server automatically anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you have Plus then your game saves are being backed up to the server automatically anyway.

Hopefully they are anyways. Space on PSN for saves is very limited and save files are huge.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully they are anyways. Space on PSN for saves is very limited and save files are huge.

It used to be like 1 gigabyte online storage. Now it's ten. Shouldn't be a problem anymore.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

It used to be like 1 gigabyte online storage. Now it's ten. Shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I have about 15 gigs of saves although a decent chunk of that are a handful of games that have saves that are 500+ megs for some dumb reason. Not a big deal to exclude those, although it IS something that has to be done manually.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samurai Sanders posted:

Unless I'm going insane 4.1 seriously has almost no frame rate problems. The frame rate jokes should have ended with 4.

That means there weren't enough bugs.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With Watch Dogs 2, I feel like I would have loved just a linear game with story missions that they could tightly design since they were linear. The open world added nothing to it.
Maybe if all you care about is rushing through the story missions, but I'd say the open world adds more to it than most other games of this type. Getting the collectables was fun and keeping the players distracted with a map full of stuff enables the seamless multiplayer. You need a nice detailed world for the hide-and-seek style invasion mode.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

haveblue posted:

That means there weren't enough bugs.

If you can sacrifice framerate for more bugs to kill, its basically a crime not to do so.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

J-Spot posted:

Maybe if all you care about is rushing through the story missions, but I'd say the open world adds more to it than most other games of this type. Getting the collectables was fun and keeping the players distracted with a map full of stuff enables the seamless multiplayer. You need a nice detailed world for the hide-and-seek style invasion mode.

Hell, make your own fun between missions and go profiling random passers-by for scientologists, furries, or whatever random trait you choose to hunt for sport :commissar:.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ineffiable posted:

It's one GB per system. My FFXV saves were enough to fill more than half of my allotted space.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Had a few beers and bought Hotline Miami. Game is cool.

Had a lot of fun with two friends, we'd pass the controller every time one of us died. This game, along with Trackmania and Steep scratch that certain itch where you just throw yourself at an objective over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Has anyone had any trouble with getting password reset e-mails from the playstation network? I tried to log in this morning and it told me i had to update my password, and it was gonna send me an e-mail...but it's been two hours and I haven't gotten anything yet. I've triple checked the e-mail to make sure it's spelled correctly so I know it's not that. This is super frustrating because i can't access any of my stuff without it. Anyone had this issue?