Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nuebot posted:

But since the harder missions we have now already take up more than 1/6th of our stamina, that kind of progression won't last unless they give us a way to upgrade it. After all, they can't give us events and missions that take up all of our stamina per attempt, that's just straight up not viable.

Only 1/6? Ha, I wish. The highest level missions right now costs 23 stamina, pretty close to a half of the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Just finished my 10th reroll with no 5*.
Ugh.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

For me, what's damning here isn't how the game compares in abusiveness to other F2P games, but the fact that there's such an obvious apples-to-apples cost comparison to real FE games. Obviously this is a genre where bullshit is par for the course, but when you consider that you can buy Fire Emblem Awakening for the same cost as a few dozen gacha orbs, it sticks out even more.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clarste posted:

Only 1/6? Ha, I wish. The highest level missions right now costs 23 stamina, pretty close to a half of the cap.

Yeah I kind of figured it was more than that. I think the highest I've seen were like 13 or so and I'm only mid-way through hard mode. I realized that after I posted and didn't bother editing. :effort:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Aardvark Barber posted:

Just finished my 10th reroll with no 5*.
Ugh.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it makes me feel better about having only 1 5*.... Dunno how people are getting so many.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

OddObserver posted:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it makes me feel better about having only 1 5*.... Dunno how people are getting so many.

Just got Leo 5* who seems to be S tier...

all the rest were 3*... Tiki, Laslow, Corrin, Est.

Should I keep or reroll?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
If it makes people feel better I got zero 5*s and am still having fun with the game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Supercar Gautier posted:

For me, what's damning here isn't how the game compares in abusiveness to other F2P games, but the fact that there's such an obvious apples-to-apples cost comparison to real FE games. Obviously this is a genre where bullshit is par for the course, but when you consider that you can buy Fire Emblem Awakening for the same cost as a few dozen gacha orbs, it sticks out even more.

Yeah, that and Nintendo being involved both makes it such a colossal disappointment. The mind boggles. They could've gone freemium without any bullshit whatsoever and delivered something on par with past games in value and still make tons of cash. I honestly had hopes for that. Instead they completely trample all over their legacy.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So, according to reddit, the amount of of bonus characters in your team that you bring with you into the arena effect the score like this:

1 Character: 2x
2 Characters: 2,3x
3 Characters: 2,6x
4 Characters: 3x

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This game is good

Don't spend money though the returns are pretty atrocious. At the best package (which is the $40 one not the $75 one amusingly enough) a character in a 5-pull summon costs $2.13. While I might be willing to pay $2.13 for a guaranteed 5-star I sure as hell ain't paying that for a compelte garbage trash pull.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They claimed in the launch trailer the difficulty would be similar to traditional Fire Emblem games but it just feels like a check on whether or not you're over-leveled and have a high enough Star Rating or not

In other words exactly like Birthright I guess :v:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

They claimed in the launch trailer the difficulty would be similar to traditional Fire Emblem games but it just feels like a check on whether or not you're over-leveled and have a high enough Star Rating or not

I mean, once you are battling level 40 characters in the later lunatic chapters, you can't be over leveled. Leveling also is hard after level 30, and grinding is difficult because of stamina. The game gets genuinely challenging then.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

This game is good

Don't spend money though the returns are pretty atrocious. At the best package (which is the $40 one not the $75 one amusingly enough) a character in a 5-pull summon costs $2.13. While I might be willing to pay $2.13 for a guaranteed 5-star I sure as hell ain't paying that for a compelte garbage trash pull.

I threw down $18 for a pull right off the bat for the hell of it but it wasn't necessary at all. Believe it or not this is a comparably good gacha/f2p system (so far). It's still a mobile game - it's meant to be played while you're taking a poo poo.

The bigger issues are how they deal with longevity and power creep without having equipment. In other games your starting equipment sucks a year down the road - hopefully major FE heroes like Hector and Roy aren't trash tier by then. Also feathers could be more plentiful and stamina needs to max out at 6-8hrs for a refill.

acumen fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 5, 2017

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I honestly wonder what the support for this will be like. Is Nintendo willing to do stuff like completely overhaul/add systems like some gatcha games do?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Incidentally, do you suppose there's a reason why our thread-made spreadsheet has twice as many red characters as the other colors?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Agoat posted:

Yeah, I'm in a weird place where I still think the stamina costs are a bit up there.

I'm also sick of stamina costs in these games in general.

The stamina costs are fine for the normal mode story until around chapter 9. Hard mode past chapter 6 is just ridiculous. I can't imagine lunatic is remotely fun with the jacked up stamina costs. I really hope DeNA/Nintendo reconsiders doubling the training stamina after the launch event because leveling up will be a horrible slog.

Fire Emblem Heroes is a solid game with wonderful art and a great presentation, but it really starts to become much less fun when the F2P bullshit kicks in and I hope they decide to change it up and not kill the game long-term. Having gacha bullshit is okay, but stamina gating really isn't.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, do you suppose there's a reason why our thread-made spreadsheet has twice as many red characters as the other colors?

Because sword FE characters are super common. I think red characters make up like half of the colors in the game. Heck, they even made characters like raven into an axe wielder to try to alleviate this.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

MegaZeroX posted:

Because sword FE characters are super common. I think red characters make up like half of the colors in the game. Heck, they even made characters like raven into an axe wielder to try to alleviate this.

On the other hand, they made Sheeda and Palla both sword users, even though lances are their specialty.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Momomo posted:

On the other hand, they made Sheeda and Palla both sword users, even though lances are their specialty.

They could use swords in FE1! And never since but that's not the point

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Momomo posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Clarste posted:

the main characters in FE games generally use a sword. then they come over to this game and are made into powerful 5 star units.

of the featured characters you've got:

Swords:
- marth
- roy
- lucina
- lyn

Red But Not Sword:
- lil' tiki

Not Red:
- boy robin
- takumi
- camilla

plus all those swords people are just more popular characters than the not-red ones

so yeah you're going to end up with more reds than non-reds right now for sure. this may change in the future when we get some other featured banners, especially if they do color-specific featured ones. if Hector was easier to get we'd see a lot more greens

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There wouldn't be flying Red units otherwise, with all Pegs being Lance and all Wyverns being Axe.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I was just thinking about that last night, and decided to switch my leader unit from Robin (blue) to Barst (green) to see if It made a difference in the arena (My team is blue heavy)

Woke up to four successful defenses. :laugh:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Momomo posted:

gotta fill that 'sword + flier' niche somehow

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
So the hilarious combo is Lyn + Windforce + Sing/Dance character for moving and attacking 3 times a turn? I guess the dream account is Lyn + Azura.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

How else will they be able to sell you on rolling for the same character later, if not them but from a game where they could wield different weapons?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Everyone in here complaining about the F2P model and then you have SWGoH charging $1100 for ONE new hero.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 5, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Ugh, getting close to hitting the 40 with my two five stars and my two healers are both 34, and suddenly every advanced match in the arena is just teams of all five stars level 35 and up usually with at least one 40.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Eopia posted:

Ugh, getting close to hitting the 40 with my two five stars and my two healers are both 34, and suddenly every advanced match in the arena is just teams of all five stars level 35 and up usually with at least one 40.

Throw in a level 1-5 unit or something, like Alfonse, that'll bring your average level down. Healers level so slowly after level 30 that you can just rotate them in and out as needed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Anyone here use Jeorge? I've been leveling him lately since he's my only 4* archer and I was wondering how his growth has been for others. Or are all archers basically mid-high atk/speed glass cannons who die if anything gets an attack off against them?

Was also leveling Sheena and Barst but neither seem very good. Sheena might be more useful due to being armored?

...and my team just got killed by Tharja because she gets to counter first when low on HP and oh hey she also has a bullshit amount of attack, and can double hit people who have more speed than she does despite none of her abilities or passive granting double hit? :wtc:

Wassbix posted:

Beat Normal Mode and enjoyed how polished the art and animation was but I think I'm gonna lay this game down. Game feels bit too rapacious with a dearth of content which I guess is relatively common in JP cell phone games.

Only 3 Arena a day (without spending) and requiring almost 3-4 weeks of waiting for a single 4*->5* upgrade (if you don't spend).
Only way to get a natural 5* is to whale the gacha and from looking at some of the high arena teams its just army of Nat 5*s (just bunch of Takumi and Hectors)

Also, there really is no real way to get Orbs other than breaking out the CC.

So after beating Story mode once things you are limited to are leveling units that you can't rank up for weeks anyways???

But had lot of fun running the normal story mode once, with Camilla running a train through everyone and the Art production was fantastic.

Just log in daily for a few minutes to PVP (and collect login bonuses) and play the content update every couple weeks like 99% of people who play the game are going to do.

Agoat posted:

Yeah, I'm in a weird place where I still think the stamina costs are a bit up there.

I'm also sick of stamina costs in these games in general.

SAO: Memory Defrag doesn't have energy.

It's not a very good game, mind you, but it doesn't have energy. The combat system is a nice try but on a touch screen it screws you over with misread commands pretty easily.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 5, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Anyone here use Jeorge? I've been leveling him lately since he's my only 4* archer and I was wondering how his growth has been for others. Or are all archers basically mid-high atk/speed glass cannons who die if anything gets an attack off against them?

There's always going to be variations within the same unit type. For instance, Gordin is a slow heavy-hitting archer that excels at player phase due to the Brave Bow. Meanwhile Setsuna is a well-rounded archer that shines at taking out ninjas and archers since she can negate their doubles.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is anyone else getting an error on startup? I can't get into the game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can't speak for all the archers but Niles has a crazy high res and seems to be built as a mage killer. Still dies to a stiff wind though, except y'now not the spell.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ok i am done pulling until banners are out and I used some of my random itunes cards chilling about in my home but i think i have enough 5 and 4*s for literally any occasion so now pulling only comes down to units I actually like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

are growths up anywhere yet?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Can't speak for all the archers but Niles has a crazy high res and seems to be built as a mage killer. Still dies to a stiff wind though, except y'now not the spell.

I've really been hoping to pull a Niles/Odin/Robin, I need something to counter red mages/dragons that pretty much murder Hector. Subaki/Peri are okay but they still need to actually close in to do the job, and Peri also has the issue of having a huge problem with her HP.

So many lancers now, not a single blue mage...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

are growths up anywhere yet?

It's unclear that growths exist in the traditional sense. People are reporting that a character will have one of a few specific set growth patterns--meaning there are only 3-5 possible level 40 Takumis, for example. Merging copies of characters breaks this somewhat since doing that gives stats that don't actually come with a levelup

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

MotU posted:

ok i am done pulling until banners are out and I used some of my random itunes cards chilling about in my home but i think i have enough 5 and 4*s for literally any occasion so now pulling only comes down to units I actually like

So how much did you put in?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

BambooEarpick posted:

So how much did you put in?

2 25$ gifts cards that I payed 0$ for

my last job was working for a fundraising company so I have a lot that i never actually paid for because my boss just gave them to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zotix posted:

Everyone in here complaining about the F2P model and then you have SWGoH charging $1100 for ONE new hero.

What, tell me more about this poo poo. I played that game for a bit but gave up when I realized how awfully the system was gamed. Reminded me of one transformers game I played where you could only earn units through fragments, which you had to pay obscene amounts for and come first in public events, which you could only do through paying enough to play more than anyone else. Which in turn meant you got the best stuff and could outperform anyone else but the other people who paid. I'm pretty sure the game is dead now because they tried catering only to their highest paying whales but no one else was paying and they flat out refused to listen to anyone's advice on the forums so the player base dwindled down to nothing but increasingly dissatisfied whales, because when you have a game of nothing but whales and a few f2p players that haven't quit yet, they're not going to feel special anymore for winning the contests.