Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Nuebot posted:

What, tell me more about this poo poo. I played that game for a bit but gave up when I realized how awfully the system was gamed. Reminded me of one transformers game I played where you could only earn units through fragments, which you had to pay obscene amounts for and come first in public events, which you could only do through paying enough to play more than anyone else. Which in turn meant you got the best stuff and could outperform anyone else but the other people who paid. I'm pretty sure the game is dead now because they tried catering only to their highest paying whales but no one else was paying and they flat out refused to listen to anyone's advice on the forums so the player base dwindled down to nothing but increasingly dissatisfied whales, because when you have a game of nothing but whales and a few f2p players that haven't quit yet, they're not going to feel special anymore for winning the contests.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5s0k6t/ea_is_selling_star_wars_galaxy_of_heroess_new/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So I am slowly making my way through the thread. I got a 5 star robin and my first roll and 5 star Marth as my third so I am taking it as a sign I should play this dumb game. Are there not friend codes? Seems strange not to have them in a gatcha game.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

General Morden posted:

how would you go about claiming one

I'd give you the login details and switch my email to yours. Then you just clear FE data and log-in to that account before you start playing

I don't see a discord/IRC listed, is there one?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

For me, what's damning here isn't how the game compares in abusiveness to other F2P games, but the fact that there's such an obvious apples-to-apples cost comparison to real FE games. Obviously this is a genre where bullshit is par for the course, but when you consider that you can buy Fire Emblem Awakening for the same cost as a few dozen gacha orbs, it sticks out even more.

My main issue isn't the money but the time cost. There's just not enough game here to warrant an investment. It's really well done and polished but the small map/team size and low movement makes the actual gameplay super simple.

It's a fine time waster if you're taking a crap but I wouldn't be interested in seriously progressing or playing this in a setting where I could be playing an actual game.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

rio posted:

So I am slowly making my way through the thread. I got a 5 star robin and my first roll and 5 star Marth as my third so I am taking it as a sign I should play this dumb game. Are there not friend codes? Seems strange not to have them in a gatcha game.

There are friend codes. The OP actually has a spreadsheet of goons and their friend codes. Go the the rock on the bottom left of the home screen and you should find it there.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You get the maximum benefit from friending 5 people by the way so if you dont feel like entering 50 codes then don't worry about it

this might change in the future.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

:eyepop: that's crazy but totally in line with how poo poo the game is.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Thanks to whoever posted about Nox rerolling. This poo poo is considerably easier. I'm not gonna go hardcore on it, but I bet I can endure it long enough to get a two 5 star roll.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MegaZeroX posted:

Because sword FE characters are super common. I think red characters make up like half of the colors in the game. Heck, they even made characters like raven into an axe wielder to try to alleviate this.

If that were the case, why would they go out of their way to make dark magic users red, and Tiki and such?

And personally I don't have many red characters at all (I'm mostly Green), so I found it weird.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clarste posted:

If that were the case, why would they go out of their way to make dark magic users red, and Tiki and such?

And personally I don't have many red characters at all (I'm mostly Green), so I found it weird.

Odin's blue, though.

There's no denying that red guys make up the majority of the game, just makes blue units better until you run into a Hector/Camilla.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Evil Fluffy posted:

SAO: Memory Defrag doesn't have energy.

It's not a very good game, mind you, but it doesn't have energy. The combat system is a nice try but on a touch screen it screws you over with misread commands pretty easily.

Square Enix's Grimm's Notes doesn't have stamina, either. Its combat is line-based action-rpg, like the older Tales of games. There's a big battlefield, and your characters move vertically and horizontally across the lines. Drag to move your leader character (the only one whose movement you directly control), and tap to perform basic combo attacks. It's still Japanese only, though.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

In Tiki's case, it's so there could be a manakete of every element. Corrin's blue and I think Fae is green.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I know level up randomness is par for the course in FE but holy poo poo it's frustrating that I finally rolled a 5 star Marth and his stat gains have been a massive dumpster fire. I'm not even sure he's usable at this point.

At least my Hector is good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ApplesandOranges posted:

Odin's blue, though.

There's no denying that red guys make up the majority of the game, just makes blue units better until you run into a Hector/Camilla.

And it makes those heavy lance units you meet in single player missions the worst. I legit have a harder time with a single one of those, than any boss so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok yeah I need some friends too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

At max level the same characters will have the same amount of stat points. Aside from fusing duplicates. For example I belive Lyn will have 159 stat points. They'll be allocated differently but don't worry if you get levels with no stat ups because you'll offset it eventually.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Zotix posted:

At max level the same characters will have the same amount of stat points. Aside from fusing duplicates. For example I belive Lyn will have 159 stat points. They'll be allocated differently but don't worry if you get levels with no stat ups because you'll offset it eventually.

I think I've seen a picture where aggregate stat points were not equal between level 40 characters (off by only a few, but still).

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just got 5* Sheena. She is unkillable. An armored unit with 24 Def, 20 res, that disables Amrorslayer from working on her is hilarious

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Is there a reason not to get the EXP castle upgrades as soon as possible?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is there a reason not to get the EXP castle upgrades as soon as possible?

It costs orbs, which are also used to feed your insatiable desire to gacha

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

It costs orbs, which are also used to feed your insatiable desire to gacha

Okay but what if I already own Takumi and Tiki and don't really need any characters for the forseeable future

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Okay but what if I already own Takumi and Tiki and don't really need any characters for the forseeable future

Then your only use for orbs are upgrading your castle and saving them for when new banners release with characters you want

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Good god drat I just got my first 4* character to level 20 and the 20,000 feather requirement to boost her to 5 star is insane. It makes the daily 5 feather gift seem completely worthless.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

rio posted:

I've got a 5 star Robin and a 5 star Marth as well. I'm beginning to see a pattern

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Grinding units past level 20 is painful, especially when the game throws quests at you like "defeat 15 level 35+ enemies using mounted units" and all you have is a 3* Sully. It also seems a bit of an oversight that the monthly lunatic quests don't reward you with the level 20+ xp currency shards.

I've reverted back to bringing a healer along simply because I only have 3 gold characters and anything else is impossible to give experience to. I mean I could grind up a team of 4 level 20s but that feels like a waste of stamina compared to grinding my main team to 40 while the training tower is discounted.

I also appreciate the existence of the auto-battle function but I've never really felt either the need or desire to use it; the main gameplay mechanic is inherently fun which I don't think any gacha game I've played since PAD has really been able to boast.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Good god drat I just got my first 4* character to level 20 and the 20,000 feather requirement to boost her to 5 star is insane. It makes the daily 5 feather gift seem completely worthless.

And 3 -> 4 seems like 2000 feathers or so.... Maybe it's reasonably cheap for the 2-stars, but I am not sure I would want to get one to level 20....

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
2 star characters take 200 feathers to upgrade. Presumably it's 20 for 1 star.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I mean whenever arena seasons roll over that's a good chunk of feathers right there.

Then again, one 4-to-5 upgrade every two months still sounds pretty obscene, especially when final weapon stages are locked to 5.

Also how the hell do I unlock the bottom right location?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Goddamn, gently caress that arena guy I just got matched to with a quad-five star team consisting of Takumi, Camilla, Marth, and Elise, and getting matched to that lovely map with the single strip of land at the bottom and the two single-line bridges. At least two of his units also had bonus levels from being fused, which makes me think how in the gently caress did he get so many rares.

I am legitimately proud of scraping a win by the skin of my teeth though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Goddamn, gently caress that arena guy I just got matched to with a quad-five star team consisting of Takumi, Camilla, Marth, and Elise, and getting matched to that lovely map with the single strip of land at the bottom and the two single-line bridges. At least two of his units also had bonus levels from being fused, which makes me think how in the gently caress did he get so many rares.

I am legitimately proud of scraping a win by the skin of my teeth though.

The answer to how they got so many rares is probably dumping hundreds of dollars in. Anyway, has anyone figured out what causes that 3001 error and if there's any way to fix it besides reinstalling the game? I just had one eat one of my dueling swords.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Camilla and Leo together are a hell of a thing.

ig88yourface
Jan 25, 2011

'Eradicate all biological scum.'
drat this game murders my battery. It actually drains faster than one of my chargers charges my tablet; as in I had it plugged in, ran one battle and sent 2 friend requests, and the battery had drained 1%.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did the math and there's enough things I want that I will only suffer crushing disappointment 2/3 of the time on my next 5-pull

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I mean whenever arena seasons roll over that's a good chunk of feathers right there.

Then again, one 4-to-5 upgrade every two months still sounds pretty obscene, especially when final weapon stages are locked to 5.

Also how the hell do I unlock the bottom right location?

The Paralogue section is still greyed out as well. Presumably they're both features they'll be adding in the very near future (as opposed to some new feature later one where they'd flat out add something new) but isn't implemented yet.

Also, some of these Arena teams are really goddamn annoying. Multiple high level Takumis with Close Counter are an incredible pain to deal with. If you have no morals, absolute best way to farm Defensive wins at the moment would probably be 2 Takumis, one Falchion wielder, and some random low-level green unit to sucker people with "lead" your team. Meanwhile, I have some and apparently no one wants to fight my Oboro. :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think i like this game very much

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

If your 5* has garbage stat rolls is there any way to salvage?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Virtue posted:

If your 5* has garbage stat rolls is there any way to salvage?

It seems like units are guaranteed to end up with the same stat totals, so all empty levels will be made up for--eventually. Might have to wait all the way until 40 to catch up though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they start giving banners that are more specific. I just don't want another crappy pegasus knight.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope they start giving banners that are more specific. I just don't want another crappy pegasus knight.

pegasus knights are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

His Serra:

My Serra:

I'd prefer to have those stat gains in the earlier levels compared to getting some empty ones later on, dammit :arghfist: