Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

for me frame rate (up to 60 anyway) is way more important than all the stuff they talk about.

Same, I've no interest in 4K at all, gimme a smooth game any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm never getting a Pro so hopefully reviews won't give up mentioning performance issues in games played on the regular PS4.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

next year games released on the regular PS4 will be like Shadow of Mordor on PS3

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Attitude Indicator posted:

next year games released on the regular PS4 will be like Shadow of Mordor on PS3

A rock solid 15 frames a second. :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow I'm only on 12 and thought the story was wrapping up. No way I'm finishing the rest of it in just one day.

It has not reached the degree of unfun I felt in uncharted 3 at all (so far no fights have devolved into choreography where there's eighteen things you have to deal with at once, and if you ever make a misstep you're loving dead because some suicidal guy runs up and punches you out of cover in view of the sniper, three guys with grenade launchers who take entire magazines to kill, and a bunch of other goons). Hopefully it doesn't reach that point but with how much it's already picked up, it feels like it's gonna get that way by the end

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I only enjoy every fourth frame anyway

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Healbot posted:

More like developers should have been tasked with making it work like that on the normal PS4 and not leave it up to Sony patching it into a mid generation refresh.

That's the real problem. Developers always overextended themselves to make pretty screenshots .

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like how quickly everyone went from angrily protesting the pro, to being early adopters and seemingly not giving a poo poo if Sony immediately throws 70 million og PS4 users under the bus within the next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I like how quickly everyone went from angrily protesting the pro, to being early adopters and seemingly not giving a poo poo if Sony immediately throws 70 million og PS4 users under the bus within the next year.

I wanted it
Now i have it.
Get hosed, white destiny ps4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think games running slightly worse like the would have if the Pro had never existed is hardly throwing the user base under the bus.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

And some games had been running poorly on vanilla ps4 well before the pro was even announced.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think games running slightly worse like the would have if the Pro had never existed is hardly throwing the user base under the bus.

The real fact is they're gonna run worse anyway. At least we can make up for some of the other games now with a cheap upgrade.

If the Pro never existed, bloodborne would still run with stuttering, the last guardian would have frame pacing problems and you wouldn't be able to play Nioh in 60fps.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

And some games had been running poorly on vanilla ps4 well before the pro was even announced.

Like on the list of games improved by the Pro was loving Broforce (which is still supposed to run pretty poo poo) so really the blame on Sony can only go so far.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

veni veni veni posted:

Only a bunch of nerds on some forums protested the pro. Everyone else doesn't even know it exists.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've yet to see a Pro in a retail environment. It's like Gamestop are pretending it doesn't exist.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've yet to see a Pro in a retail environment. It's like Gamestop are pretending it doesn't exist.

You sure you aren't looking past them? The boxes look almost identical but I see them every time I'm in Target or whatever.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Its almost like Gamestop is a lovely retailer, even podunk electronics stores in Germany sell and stock Pros

And yeah, the difference is that the Pro has a tiny blue/white pro patch on the packaging

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

You sure you aren't looking past them? The boxes look almost identical but I see them every time I'm in Target or whatever.

I don't know if QoP is being serious or not, but where I'm at, there are definitely no Pro boxes out in stores. I've literally seen 1, at Best Buy. Everything else has been the vanilla PS4.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

I don't know if QoP is being serious or not, but where I'm at, there are definitely no Pro boxes out in stores. I've literally seen 1, at Best Buy. Everything else has been the vanilla PS4.

I can go get one at Best Buy right now. It's almost as if they're popular and consumers aren't falling for buying the slim.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Nope, I've been keeping an eye out to see if there's any deals and apart from their website I haven't seen one in a shop.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
There are 20 Gamestops within 20 miles of me and they all have the Pro.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I got my Pro from Best Buy like two weeks ago, however, it wasn't on a shelf and I had to have someone get one out of the back for me

Maybe it's a retail conspiracy :tinfoil:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if some employees weren't stocking them because they didn't realize they were different from the PS4's already on the shelves.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Do Gamestops have discretion about what their specific location stocks? Maybe certain locations (some rural neighborhoods maybe?) might avoid stocking certain products that might be seen as pointless, like if no one in the area has a TV other than a Walmart 720p set.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

univbee posted:

Do Gamestops have discretion about what their specific location stocks? Maybe certain locations (some rural neighborhoods maybe?) might avoid stocking certain products that might be seen as pointless, like if no one in the area has a TV other than a Walmart 720p set.

What Walmart isn't rocking 4K sets now?

I really doubt Gamestop's data is that sophisticated in any case. They surely don't stock each store evenly, but to that degree?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

What Walmart isn't rocking 4K sets now?

Not at the lower end of the pricing scale they aren't.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

effervescible posted:

If you're having that bad a time, maybe just decide they're not for you and put the series away? I don't mean that in a jerky way, but Uncharted 2 is generally seen as the best one (UC3 was my favorite of the first three, but that's more for characterization stuff + the ridiculously over the top set pieces) so if you dislike it this much, it might be that it just won't ever be your thing and that's okay.

Don't get me wrong. A part of me knew that the early entries wouldn't be that fun for me because they have all the negative stuff from these years when it came to cover shooters. UC2 has some good puzzles and voice acting is good (Nolan North is amazing). UC2 looks good for a 2009 PS3 game. I think I'll just slap easy instead of normal and breeze through the old ones until I beat UC3.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

GameStop have been having specific PS4 Pro trade in deals so you must be working really hard to not notice them promoting the Pro.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
If I have P.T. on my PS4 and I want to copy all my stuff onto a Pro, will the PSN still recognize that I can play P.T. once I make the Pro my primary system?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The gameplay in UC3 is great.

Neo Rasa posted:

If I have P.T. on my PS4 and I want to copy all my stuff onto a Pro, will the PSN still recognize that I can play P.T. once I make the Pro my primary system?

No.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm not all that pissed about the Pro but if newer releases do suffer considerably in the next couple years it's a signal that next gen people should hold off on buying until the real version comes out.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Lobok posted:

I'm not all that pissed about the Pro but if newer releases do suffer considerably in the next couple years it's a signal that next gen people should hold off on buying until the real version comes out.

Same. I ended up getting a launch PS4 because I was still working at GameStop and Sony just gave one to every manager but I was thinking about it and had that not happened, I probably wouldn't be getting one til about now anyway. I've always held off a few years on getting any system.

Dang. :/

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 5, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As someone that doesn't care all that much about framerate, the fact that I'll lose PT still vastly overwhelms any desire I'd have to go pro.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

The real fact is they're gonna run worse anyway. At least we can make up for some of the other games now with a cheap upgrade.

If the Pro never existed, bloodborne would still run with stuttering, the last guardian would have frame pacing problems and you wouldn't be able to play Nioh in 60fps.

Nioh's 60 FPS mode is not a pro exclusive thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

As someone that doesn't care all that much about framerate, the fact that I'll lose PT still vastly overwhelms any desire I'd have to go pro.

You wont if you back up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

zenintrude posted:

GameStop have been having specific PS4 Pro trade in deals so you must be working really hard to not notice them promoting the Pro.

I don't live in North America ;)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This isn't correct. You can't redownload P.T. but if you transfer an install from an existing system to another one, it'll still be playable with any account that downloaded the game originally.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

You wont if you back up

edit: Ah ok so that's how it works.

And yeah that is also my reason for not going Pro yet either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

univbee posted:

This isn't correct. You can't redownload P.T. but if you transfer an install from an existing system to another one, it'll still be playable with any account that downloaded the game originally.

Did that change? I thought that didn't work either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Did that change? I thought that didn't work either.

Plenty of people have it working on their PS4 Pro.