Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

Don Dongington posted:

This is the only forum nihilistic enough for me anymore. I used to be able to get off on life's own disappointments, but now only the thought of scores of SS-18 Satans delivering canned sunshine to my door and others across the world is enough to get my juices flowing.

Edit: Ok I guess AI is kinda cool too.

TryHard Detected^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I lurk the current events thread and I am incredibly glad to have never served in the military.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

P-Mack posted:

I lurk the current events thread and I am incredibly glad to have never served in the military.

This is the most important lesson

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Hi everyone I'm not an actual rad lieutenant

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
The current events thread means I don't have to read though a poo poo load of D&D bollocks.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
i was an army man once. once.

EmilBraun
Jul 13, 2015

Rad Lieutenant posted:

But you play one on tv.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
I lurk here because it's a good forum, tbf best mil forum on the net

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gip owns and i hope it gets past the republican stereotype it has I mean grover hasn't been a mod in years jeeze

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
I"m lurking right now

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

what did you do to get kicked out

I failed a hearing test in basic. When you already have hearing damage you're more sensitive for additional injury, and they don't want to be responsible for that.

When I did the tests to get in I was 17 and just barely passed the hearing test. In the swedish conscription system there was a year's delay between the tests and actually starting basic training, and in that time I turned 18 which meant I could get in at bars. Apparently loud music did just enough damage to push me over the edge.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rad Lieutenant posted:

A little trick to tell your wife for when she's spying on you next is if you can reset the last read post toggle by clicking the little flag icon that changes from yellow to white when you're read posts.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

gip owns and i hope it gets past the republican stereotype it has I mean grover hasn't been a mod in years jeeze

lol remember when people would come in here to try and troll us because they thought we were all RA RA OOOHRAGH GOD BLESS GEORGE BUSH AND AMERICA but now i guess that'd be trump and oh god gently caress this reality :smith:

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
I went from the army guard to the air guard. I read the army thread still to see how bad things are. Air force thread just isn't what I am used to. Turns out the grass isn't greener on the other side just another shade of brown.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mr. Nice! posted:

A little trick to tell your wife for when she's spying on you next is if you can reset the last read post toggle by clicking the little flag icon that changes from yellow to white when you're read posts.

thanks for letting her know

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

Crap, you got me. Afghanistan bound prior Army, prior contractor, and current GSer. You guys are the shining tower of light staffed by highly functional alcoholics in an otherwise circle jerk of online vet discussions and military /political news.

Best $10 I have spent on the Internet.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Spaceguns posted:

Crap, you got me. Afghanistan bound prior Army, prior contractor, and current GSer. You guys are the shining tower of light staffed by highly functional alcoholics in an otherwise circle jerk of online vet discussions and military /political news.

Best $10 I have spent on the Internet.

This is true

also, remember to like every facebook army thing you see

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
e:fikfgjkrg

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bet you meant to post that in the dad thread.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Bet you meant to post that in the dad thread.

Fuckkkkkkk

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

ty gIp

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
y'all lurkers should post more though man for real it gets boring its just like a dozen of us it seems like

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

y'all lurkers should post more though man for real it gets boring its just like a dozen of us it seems like

For real I know our current events thread is ~award winning~ but pls sit down have a free sandwich

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

I'm an idiot that's still in after way too long with a dumb name due to a namechange thread. GIP's really good but I don't post much. I even forgot I bought an avatar to send more money to Lowtax.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you have no avatar or the newbie avatar, you aren't even a person.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If you have no avatar or the newbie avatar, you aren't even a person.

i have a pony avatar because in auspol i talked about how retarded the military is and how retarded army mans are, where does this fall on your spectrum of avatars?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I got my avatar because fyad said my last one was gay, so I had to top it.

GaelicNinja
Feb 15, 2012
I don't post because I have nothing to say, because I'm just another meat zombie awaiting the dawn of canned sunshine.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Dude McAwesome posted:

i have a pony avatar because in auspol i talked about how retarded the military is and how retarded army mans are, where does this fall on your spectrum of avatars?

If somebody bought you an avatar, I respect you way more for keeping it instead of throwing down your own money to replace it.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
civilian here for news, traffic and weather. (couldn't keep-up/cope with D&D).

The Sausages posted:

Dammit you're onto me.

The Idiots thread has taught me more about human nature than a thousand sages spreading their enlightened wisdom. Thankyou for your service.

this too.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Hail ss-18 Satan. My body is ready!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

youre the rad lieutenant of my heart tho

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yo don't post here with that av

Something could happen

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

Something could happen

I will kill him

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

youre the rad lieutenant of my heart tho

:bigtran:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

It's been almost a year since someone's posted in the DLI thread

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I will kill him

And then I will feast on the remains.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
I don't drink.
I'm not a father.
Navy thread moves too slow to post.
Current events thread moves too fast to post.

Whole life is just catching up.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Zeris posted:

Something could happen

then help a brother out and get rid of it cheers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
I've been lurking for years, as I find this to be a very entertaining forum, and a great source of news. I cannot claim any military experience (though I am a black belt in karate). I don't post because I have little to contribute, but I respect you all in a vague sort of way.

• Locked thread