Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

pubic works project posted:

Just finished Straight Silver

I'm gonna miss Try Again Bragg... :cry:

Edit: No wait I finished Guns of Tanith.

Straight Silver is better than Guns of Tanith. Which is sadly one of the weaker books, I feel. But Straight Silver is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Vadoc posted:

And Cypher is back in plastic.

well poo poo. i guess they are going to push it forward again. surprised that its gulliman but not really.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Only Guilliman? Surprised Leman Russ isn't going to pop out of the Eye if they're saying it's swallowed Cadia. If they bring one back they might as well bring a couple.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

For now it's him, they're bringing the others too.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
Yeah, they need to sell out all the smurfs, then they'll bring back Leman Russ, sell a bunch of wolves, then bring back the Lion or whatever, etc.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The best way to do it would be to have a scene where everyone is standing around talking seriously and Trazyn just gets bored and wanders off to look at the stasis generator in the corner. Turns it off and then on again, and blamo, Rosebud Ganglyman defrosts.

Since the Imperium is cool with Xenos now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Demiurge4 posted:

I hope they don't go full divine intervention and Roboute wakes up because some pilgrim tripped over a wire.

A Chaos magic did it.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
They actually leaked it a bit on their YouTube channel too, on purpose. Saw a frame that mentioned him coming to terms with the current state of affairs. Who knows, he could just be pissed off at everyone and when he sees what dad looks like, he uses Cypher's sword himself. And now Marneus is going to look silly running around without his shooty gloves. Can't wait for the others to show up.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Does this mean we'll get some hot Primarch-on-Daemon Prince action?

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

And now Marneus is going to look silly running around without his shooty gloves. Can't wait for the others to show up.

this should not have made me giggle...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I just finished Master of Mankind. That book was bleak, but I really liked it. I can see why people complained about having not too relatable characters, but as a series of vignettes about the people fighting in this otherworldly hell it was super fascinating to me. The Emperor going all Dragonball Z when he fights was great fun too, super cathartic after reading page after page of dudes getting murdered. I feel like a lot of people were disappointed because it wasn't from his perspective, but the perspective of a god isn't that interesting or relatable. Great book though.

I'm currently reading 15 hours, which is equally grim but a lot more relatable. It's got that old school grit the game used to have back in 3rd edition and I love it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Holy poo poo is Big Bobby G coming back? Did he heal in his stasis chamber?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEwQiDqhgiQ

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Only Guilliman? Surprised Leman Russ isn't going to pop out of the Eye if they're saying it's swallowed Cadia. If they bring one back they might as well bring a couple.

The Khan comes tear-assing out of the Eye, speeder bike trailing fire and a gossamer of immaterium behind him. He Tokyo drifts into a spaceport on what was once Cadia, screaming hot tailpipes scraping the plas-crete ground, throwing up sparks in a shriek of metal. He allows his speeder bike to idle. He guns the throttle.

Reaching into a saddle bag, and shuffling around odds and ends he'd won at the gambling tables at the Red Corsair's lair, he pulls out a slim metallic case. From within he delicately unfolds what could only be described as ancient eye protection, with unintelligible Ray-Ban glyphs barely visible in the corner of a lense.

The Khan leans down to the nearest guardsman and says, "I'm back. He says, pushing the smoky colored glasses up the bridge of his nose, while simultaneously racking the slide of his bolt pistol on his handlebars. "And I'm here, to take it to the max."

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

The Khan comes tear-assing out of the Eye, speeder bike trailing fire and a gossamer of immaterium behind him. He Tokyo drifts into a spaceport on what was once Cadia, screaming hot tailpipes scraping the plas-crete ground, throwing up sparks in a shriek of metal. He allows his speeder bike to idle. He guns the throttle.

Reaching into a saddle bag, and shuffling around odds and ends he'd won at the gambling tables at the Red Corsair's lair, he pulls out a slim metallic case. From within he delicately unfolds what could only be described as ancient eye protection, with unintelligible Ray-Ban glyphs barely visible in the corner of a lense.

The Khan leans down to the nearest guardsman and says, "I'm back. He says, pushing the smoky colored glasses up the bridge of his nose, while simultaneously racking the slide of his bolt pistol on his handlebars. "And I'm here, to take it to the max."

Keep going I'm so close.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Waiting with baited breath on the release of a Demon Prince Fulgrim mini and the catastrophic events that herald his arrival, as detailed in the Black Library novel "THE AROUSAL OF FULGRIM".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys have no idea how badly I want a Emperor's Children series written by Chuck Tingle.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys have no idea how badly I want a Emperor's Children series written by Chuck Tingle.

No one tell Hugo Award Nominee Chuck Tingle about Slaanesh.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pounded in the Butt by my latent heretical gay-Slaanesh persuasion.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

lite_sleepr posted:

Pounded in the Butt by my latent heretical gay-Slaanesh persuasion.

I didn't know Chuck Tingle was Ian Watson's pen name.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Pounded in the butt during my ascension into demon-prince hood within the time dilation effect of the eye

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Pounded in the Butt by the butt-growth on the Butt of a Nurgle cultist

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Pounded in the butt by the God-Emperor's dessicated corpse and his 18 sons

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is a weird time to be alive. I'm more interested to see what Games Workshop will announce next than I am for a new Dawn of War game.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Pounded in the Brown-Eye of Terror by the Hammer of the Emperor

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Preechr posted:

Pounded in the Brown-Eye of Terror by the Hammer of the Emperor

:prepop:

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
I really liked Master of Mankind, and I think that people who said the Emperor seemed really aloof might have been taking the characters' perspective too seriously. We mostly see him through the eyes of Arkhan and the one Custodes guy, neither of whom has much regard for Space Marines and their concept of the Emperor as their father. So, to Land, Big E is a cold transhuman guy, and to the Custodes he's a prophet/hero, and to the Marines he's a loving or stern father, and none of them (or us) has any better idea of his actual state of mind.

Just spitballing, and maybe there's a chapter I misremembered where it's said more objectively.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I don't know what you all read but the Emperors perspective was pretty clear on [spoiler]gently caress bitches, get money. [spolier]

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I haven't read MoM yet but does he reminisce about being Hitler? Like, "Yeah, I had an early Eugenics project. It went really well and totally prevent Chaos for a long time."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MariusLecter posted:

I don't know what you all read but the Emperors perspective was pretty clear on [spoiler]gently caress bitches, get money. [spolier]

Cause Eldar booty is nicer than them cheap nuns who don't put out.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The most interesting idea imo was the concept that the Emperor was nothing more than an Age of Strife weapon that got out of control.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The most interesting idea imo was the concept that the Emperor was nothing more than an Age of Strife weapon that got out of control.

Whoa, what? I must have missed that, didn't pick up on it at all.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Shazaminator posted:

Whoa, what? I must have missed that, didn't pick up on it at all.

It's mentioned by the woman who's assassinated by the Custode. It's never bought up again, but I thought it was a cool idea.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Who forged such a weapon?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Who forged such a weapon?

Someone typed in 'Thing that kills chaos' into an STD AI core.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Well Humanity spanned the stars and created amazing Inventions, machines and Technology. It doesn't surprise me that he could be a weapon of some sort simply run rampant, the only one not destroyed during the age of strife. That's a really cool concept that I wish they would explore a little more but it will probably never happen. The custodes and astartes and others regard the emperor's more than human but still human. So what if he is the primarch project or the custards project on a bunch of steroids you know? Someone somewhere Back in the Day created these amazing things to spread Humanity throughout the stars and Lead colonization provide governance you know whatever it is and he's the only one left.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waroduce posted:

Well Humanity spanned the stars and created amazing Inventions, machines and Technology. It doesn't surprise me that he could be a weapon of some sort simply run rampant, the only one not destroyed during the age of strife. That's a really cool concept that I wish they would explore a little more but it will probably never happen. The custodes and astartes and others regard the emperor's more than human but still human. So what if he is the primarch project or the custards project on a bunch of steroids you know? Someone somewhere Back in the Day created these amazing things to spread Humanity throughout the stars and Lead colonization provide governance you know whatever it is and he's the only one left.

I'd also enjoy toying with the idea that the Emperor was the first of what was supposed to be a New And Improved Humanity Mk. 2, and that his ultimate goal was to complete his original purpose of elevating all of mankind to his level.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cythereal posted:

I'd also enjoy toying with the idea that the Emperor was the first of what was supposed to be a New And Improved Humanity Mk. 2, and that his ultimate goal was to complete his original purpose of elevating all of mankind to his level.

I mean, even if you want to roll with the old shaman reincarnation idea, his ultimate goal is the same.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
He could not perfectly recreate the project that made him so he had to settle for creating the primarchs as aspects of himself

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Abnett just posted this on his FB. It's legit.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warmaster-remind-me.html

e: :laffo: at Gaunt's surprised gnarly face.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Can't wait to read it when it comes out June 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

That's a commissar that has seen some poo poo.