Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

A lot of heroes don't even have a special skill. Like Roy and Hana. No special on them, whereas units like Peri have both a cool weapon and a special skill and they are great for it. If they do continue to ramp up the difficulty, even solid heroes like Roy will eventually be left behind because they don't have anything to boost their damage output whereas other heroes will have a skill that doubles their damage every two attacks or so.

It's very possible that weapon upgrades will eventually be introduced. Otherwise, the game will run into issues where the vanilla sword heroes like Roy, Hana, Corrin, Selena, etc will almost certainly be outclassed by the inevitable new sword characters like Ike when they're released. Even the Falchion users (besides Lucina because she gets an armorbreaker special) will be left in the dust because they don't have a true niche.

We'll see. Maybe FE Heroes will be a F2P mobile game where they regularly buff up older heroes because the franchise is all about nostalgia for your favorite pretty warrior prince/princess.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

jjef posted:

I apologize if I missed this, but what happens if I link my game to a Nintendo account? Is it still possible to re-roll after the linking? Or, is the game data retained on Nintendo's servers?Thanks in advance.

You can delete the link and reroll if you like.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Firstscion posted:

Added you mine is 0416946753.

added,
5* Takumi shoots literal lightsabers.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Who should I make my team?

5* Tiki
3* Beruka
3* Cecilia
3* Fir
3* Gwendolyn
3* Hana
3* Lissa
3* Raigh
3* Robin
3* Saizo
2* Alfonse
2* Anna
2* Matthew
2* Sharena
2* Virion

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What am I missing? Roy gets the Binding Sword. Peri just has the vanilla killer spear.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
After 20 pulls (IIRC), I've rolled 2 lance users, 3 axe users, 2 archers, 1 dagger user, 3 clerics, 2 mages, both red,

...and 6 sword dudes.

At least I've got Lyn and Takumi but still. I really need some more magic coverage. If I hadn't rolled Takumi I'd be screwed when fighting armored lancers.

Nasgate posted:

I have both 5 Abel and 4 Hinata. Abel is stupid good at destroying reds. He has the move to get mages and his passive really screws swords over. He is rather not tanky for a unit with +hp, so he usually doesnt live to use his aegis ability. But being a nuclear missile targeting reds is more than enough.
Hinata is weird. He's very tanky, but at the highest level of his passive that's -6 hp every time he attacks or gets attacked. Dude takes 0 damage from axe knights though, so that's bananas. But if you dont have a healer I would not advise using him. I have Serra, so that's gucci.

That's my 2cents.
Ps. I have Hawkeye, who helps Abels survivability and makes Hinata have an effective def of 37 at level 23. A big -atk aoe is really good and is enough for me to discredit that tier list.
From what I see the tier list only regards characters in isolation, while synergy can make some teams much more powerful.
I still wanna try out a Eliwood-Jeigan-Gunther combo, buffing each other plus one last cavalry and just sweeping around the battlefield with +10 Def/Res +6 Atk/Spd.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 6, 2017

jjef
Jul 25, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

You can delete the link and reroll if you like.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer! :)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am making due with Nina but I need both mages and a good tank.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Who should I make my team?

5* Tiki
3* Beruka
3* Cecilia
3* Fir
3* Gwendolyn
3* Hana
3* Lissa
3* Raigh
3* Robin
3* Saizo
2* Alfonse
2* Anna
2* Matthew
2* Sharena
2* Virion

5* Tiki is going to melt everything, so it really doesn't matter much. Go with your favorite characters. Lissa is probably a decent plan because she's a viable healer even at 3* though.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

MotU posted:

apparently cordelia is super good? i mean i know the game just came out so all this is liable to be thrown out the window soon enough but maybe i should use my first 20k fethers on her instead

Cordelia has pretty good speed and a brave+ weapon, so she can routinely hit 4x. Triangle adept boosts her damage against the many sword users by 20%. But the real winner is that she has Galeforce and Pass. Stick her with a dancer and you have a unit that can make 12 attacks in a turn to kill the entire enemy backrow as she flies past the only person who can stop her (Hector).

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Crawfish posted:

RNG lord seems to hate me after giving me that sweet 5* Lucina in my first roll.

Since then it's been 14 3* and a handful of 4*, all of which are character I either don't know or care about. And then a 5* Corrin to rub salt in the wound.

Still don't have a Chrom, Robin, Lissa or any member of the Nohr or Hoshido royal families and with the lack of orb options I have left available, I'm just going to hope they come up as a daily battle eventually.

I mean, if you get 2 5* characters, the chances are they are going to both be red. You seem to have about average luck there. I've had like 6 rolls and got Tiki, Roy, and Camilia.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Don't whale, don't whale, don't-

Who cares if Corrin is trash, I also got a 5* Leo and a 4* Marth. And a 3* adult Tiki who I think is not the good one but might be worth mentioning? I feel horrible and yet I still did it, 100% regret. I hope they never add Tellius characters.

How do dragons work? It seems like they're basically mages but without the range advantage.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't wanna flog but since a couple people asked last page, we have a spreadsheet for Friend Codes in the OP, remember!

This is a hilarious trap because you've got three 5*s on the same colour (incl. Marth) and another colourless, which is a spot best reserved for healers.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

They're melee mages in this game.

Since all ranged attackers 2 range only here, having a RES targeting melee unit is a niche.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
What's like the minimum recommended starting pull? I assume my start of all 3 stars isn't really worth playing out and I should just restart?

I don't mind the game being difficult or something though, and I'm not looking for a specific character.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you're going going to re roll do so until you have one 5 star.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tolly Totes posted:

What's like the minimum recommended starting pull? I assume my start of all 3 stars isn't really worth playing out and I should just restart?

I don't mind the game being difficult or something though, and I'm not looking for a specific character.

just play the game, i didn't get a 5* until my third big pull and i wasn't exactly struggling before then

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The difficulty spike at 9-5 is kind of ridiculous.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr Pepper posted:

They're melee mages in this game.

Since all ranged attackers 2 range only here, having a RES targeting melee unit is a niche.

It's currently not a particularly useful niche though since they have low defense and the things they resist - mages - have high resistance. I'm putting my heart and soul into making this Fae I have work and it's a real journey

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

and another colourless, which is a spot best reserved for healers.

Except it's a Takumi, the best character in the game

Change thread title to Colourless Tsukuru Takumi and his Years of Mobage please

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

5* Tiki is going to melt everything, so it really doesn't matter much. Go with your favorite characters. Lissa is probably a decent plan because she's a viable healer even at 3* though.

I don't have any favorites, because I've never actually played FE. I tried one of them via emulator because I loved FFT, but it was too different, so I gave up, when I probably shouldn't have. :smith:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Adel posted:

Don't whale, don't whale, don't-

Who cares if Corrin is trash, I also got a 5* Leo and a 4* Marth. And a 3* adult Tiki who I think is not the good one but might be worth mentioning? I feel horrible and yet I still did it, 100% regret. I hope they never add Tellius characters.

How do dragons work? It seems like they're basically mages but without the range advantage.

They tend to have pretty good skills to complement their attacks. The child version of Tiki,for instance, has a limit break that make her attack AoE and a skill that eventually heals all adjacent allies for 7 after Tiki attacks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just downloaded this on android and got 5* Roy with my first 15 orbs. :black101: Also a 4* Gunther. Got a 4 star Oboro too, so I guess I just need someone to replace Virion and I'm set. It's a lot of fun so far, I'm surprised.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
After having Anna not do much, this 4* Camilla I'm currently leveling up is a godsend

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

The difficulty spike at 9-5 is kind of ridiculous.

She just hits like a loving truck which is made worse by her high hp and hp regen.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So what is lost on upping a unit? I want to up my Nino as so far she is my only mage.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hunt11 posted:

She just hits like a loving truck which is made worse by her high hp and hp regen.

I don't think it'd be that bad if it were easier to get up in her face with melee, but the map is designed to prevent that, with a bunch of pillars everywhere favoring ranged units.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hunt11 posted:

So what is lost on upping a unit? I want to up my Nino as so far she is my only mage.

You mean raising their star level? Pretty sure everything is lost. All your levels, all your stats, and probably your skills too (haven't checked). It's essentially trading her in for a brand new copy with more stars.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
How does the defense arena assignments work? Do they see only the leftmost portrait of the current team? Is the team selected from the team placed in the first slot?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Learned skills are kept upon promotion, including your skill point pool.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clarste posted:

You mean raising their star level? Pretty sure everything is lost. All your levels, all your stats, and probably your skills too (haven't checked). It's essentially trading her in for a brand new copy with more stars.

They get reset to level 1 with level 1 stats (if possibly improved level 1 stats, assuming silver beat bronze in that department), but skills and skill points are intact. Which is handy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
holy moly this 4* lon'qu is bad. felicia also seems to struggle to do much of anything. at least my boys arthur and azama is doing well in this new group.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Whoever said Corrin was trash is a liar, at level 12 he already has the third best overall speed (best for red) and the best overall/red attack :stare:

AlphaKretin posted:

This is a hilarious trap because you've got three 5*s on the same colour (incl. Marth) and another colourless, which is a spot best reserved for healers.

Somehow red 5*s were actually really useful to me, I have best boy 5* Merric wrecking idiots for green and some decent blues, and I'm set for healers. I also needed an archer, this roll was pretty much made for me.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They tend to have pretty good skills to complement their attacks. The child version of Tiki,for instance, has a limit break that make her attack AoE and a skill that eventually heals all adjacent allies for 7 after Tiki attacks.

I wish I'd gotten little Tiki instead, oh well.

That's a good point people raised about dragons being res tanks,didn't think of that.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

holy moly this 4* lon'qu is bad. felicia also seems to struggle to do much of anything. at least my boys arthur and azama is doing well in this new group.

Felicia is totally support. Hit the enemy (sometimes suicidally) to drop def/res by 7 and heal adjacent allies by 7.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If I dedicate myself to making a 2* get to 5* (which is impossible as I understand it because 20000 feathers is impractical), is that 5* inherently worse than other 5*s? Usually upgraded trash tiers in a gacha game are just inferior to natch 5*s.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jokes posted:

If I dedicate myself to making a 2* get to 5* (which is impossible as I understand it because 20000 feathers is impractical), is that 5* inherently worse than other 5*s? Usually upgraded trash tiers in a gacha game are just inferior to natch 5*s.

No difference. Well, they might get slightly better or worse random stat rolls, but that's all. Otherwise, they're the same.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
ugh camilla and roy suck endgame, lucy's fine, takumi's top tier. i need a fwiggin wobin

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
also cordelia's not cutting it. flying is a god drat liability more than a benefit. the only 5*s i give a drat about rn are Takumi, Lucina, Ryoma, and Robin. Hector's whatever and the dragons get owned by so much poo poo. All of the Falchions. Luci's so good.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

jokes posted:

Pulled 5* characters have their 5* weapon and primary skills unlocked by default, while promoted ones will need to spend SP to get them. Just means more grinding though, not a permanent gimping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

5* Marth is my dedicated heat seeking missile I highly recommend everyone go and whale themselves a Marth. He's pretty fragile but just oozes damage at anyone who looks at him, AND gets +10HP heal every 3 turns.