Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

100mg edibles make me borderline ralph, I can't imagine what an 800mg dose would do, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't start yelling about black people.

Also, this happened:

The Meet the Queens videos are up, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Didn't watch all of them all the way through but Nina Bo’nina Brown certainly gets my early attention.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I really needed some new Drag Queen names in my life... :allears:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Farrah is honestly the fishiest contestant to set foot on this show. Chapstick and mascara who?
Jaymes Mansfield needs to blend that forehead better, and also what was the thing on her nose??
Nina had me loving shocked, so that can either go great or terribly.
The first trans girl to be out BEFORE the show airs!!! gently caress yeah, I'm rooting for her regardless of how good she actually is.
Trinity seems really confident but described herself as a pageant queen so now I'm waiting for the acting challenges.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

So this is why kimora blac keeps showing up on my Instagram

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I live for Peppermints voice lol

https://twitter.com/Peppermint247/status/826521094265896965

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

caligulamprey posted:

100mg edibles make me borderline ralph, I can't imagine what an 800mg dose would do, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't start yelling about black people.

Also, this happened:

The Meet the Queens videos are up, too!

Is Logo's site still an absolute mess? For a long time anytime I'd try to watch a video there, it would only play for 30 seconds before the entire site would auto reload, making the video unwatchable.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Nihonniboku posted:

Is Logo's site still an absolute mess?

Yes :qq: But for me it keeps going after it refreshes

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

curiousTerminal posted:

Farrah is honestly the fishiest contestant to set foot on this show. Chapstick and mascara who?

You werent kidding omg... Stunty CUNTy 123!!!!! Really liking Farrah, Aja, and Peppermint.💯 Valentinas lips are sickening in her vid.

Also lmao at Kimora blac "Straight guys love me, gay guys love me, drag queens love me, Im a really hot guy"

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

- Kimora: Already insufferable. FIX YOUR LIPS

- Aja: Honestly getting Pearl vibes. Kinda bored.

- Alexis: Love the dress, the make-up, the chill but upbeat attitude, everything. But getting campy vibes and that usually doesn't work out well on this show (MKD, Tempest, etc.)

- Farrah Moan: Super fishy, but what else does she have? Really like the pink latex/fetish aesthetic, but we've done a lot of that before.

- Peppermint: Love.

- Nina Bo'Nina: Love. Wild style. Sickening.

- Sasha Velour: I like her style but ugh she's going to be bitchyyyyy.

- Valentina: I find her incredibly charismatic and the face is entrancing but hair/dress etc. not quite as on point as the other girls.

- Charlie Hides: gently caress yeah I'm here for this.

- Jaymes Mansfield: Not sure whether to love or hate her persona but everything else is great.

- Shea Couleé: Living for it.

- Trinity: I like her confidence but not sure she can cash the checks her mouth is writing.

- Eureka: I like her. But that's all.

This is going to be fun!!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, I love all these Queens. This season better not come out in September or some; I want it now.

I can't tell who's a bottom tier Queen from the interviews. They didn't really have enough to go on. I see this season as being a very nice season: more than three said they'd help other Queens out and not one was given a villain edit off the bat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Looking forward to some Kimora meltdowns :neckbeard:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, I love all these Queens. This season better not come out in September or some; I want it now.

It said March on logo's website

Farrah Moan is a pretty great name.

Charlie Hides seems great and hopefully will rise above old queen curse of eliminations and ability to wear thin quickly.

I'm starved for new catchphrases in my life but I'd not mind at all if someone said to Nina Bo'Nina "Girl, look how lavender you fuckin' look girl."

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I'm really excited to watch a season of th Paul from the top aahhhhh

Honestly these girls all look incredible. The only ones I thought were kind of forgettable were Trinity, Jaymes and Valentina, and Sasha feels like she takes herself too seriously. I feel like I should hate Kimora but she seems like she's secretly smart enough to pull off the character.

Okay I looked up Charlie's youtube channel and unless she burns out spectacularly there's no way they're kicking her off before snatch game. Her impersonations are fan-fuckin-tastic. She seems hilarious in general, I'm just worried her drag isn't glamorous enough.

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 3, 2017

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I can't get enough of Eureka's lips. Those are so sparkly and gorgeous.

Calling it that Jaymes Mansfield is the first one out. That wig line is so bad. Also that voice is annoying.

Farrah Moan is so sleek. Fishy for sure. I like her aesthetic and that wig was so cute.

Aja I'm whatever on. She sounds like she's vying to be the biggest bitch on the season under the guise of "telling it like it is."

I like Alexis Michelle. Very chill and confidant vibe. She's a little older so I'm rooting for her. I like the queens that have been doing this for a while.

I want to like Charlie Hides but there's something off there. Says she's crafty so we'll see how that translates to runway. The top part of her face is frozen, doesn't move. Botox, plastic surgery, or just trying not to let the mask fall off her head?

Nina Bo'nina - I'm in love, but then I loved Acid Betty. I do go crazy for that out there alien drag. They're not just dragging, they're art. i love it. Checked out her IG and she's pretty drat good at the makeup effects.

Peppermint - All hearts for her. Out transwoman, I'm behind her 100%.

Sasha Velour - lips are amazing, eyeliner is amazing. Love the aesthetic.

Shea Coulee - I like her outfit a lot. However, she comes off as less confidant that she's presenting to me. I don't know why.

Trinity - Kind of eh on her. Neither one way or the other. She might be trouble with her clawing her way to the top.

Valentina - She's so pretty. She seems very nice and sensual. i like her.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aja seems like Pearl 2.0 at first glance but I have a feeling she's sharper than she lets on.

Alexis I'm kinda eh about, her interview's a bit generic, like she's just saying what she thinks we wanna hear.

Charlie seems fun and chill. She's actually the oldest contestant? She definitely doesn't show it (in both energy and looks), which is a good sign.

Eureka stands out for me. Good energy and on-camera presence. She's gonna have good talking heads, at the very least.

Farrah is fishy af but I'm not getting much else tbh. Liking her aesthetic though.

Jaymes I'm not sure about. Feels like she's either gonna be annoying or endearing.

Kimora's got a bit of poise. But like Farrah I'm also not getting much else. Her look is kinda cheap, though.

Nina's also got good charisma. Looking forward to her runways, she looks like she's got surprises in store.

Peppermint I feel is gonna be a contender, I don't know why. She's giving me good vibes.

Sasha's like Alexis for me. Generic pageant answers. But I'm liking her look.

Shea's... alright? For some reason I don't really have an opinion on her one way or another. I also like her look.

Trinity's probably gonna be not bad with her confessionals but she feels middle-of-the-pack to me.

Valentina seems like one of those girls that's just naturally charming and hilarious without trying.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

blizzardvizard posted:

Aja seems like Pearl 2.0 at first glance but I have a feeling she's sharper than she lets on.

I think Aja will be around for at least a while because if nothing else her lip syncs are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tdKpzWzVw

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Raja's advice to the season 9 queens... Inspiring stuff :cheat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So I thought Sasha Velour seemed awfully familiar, but some of the details didn't match up. Lo and behold, Velour is a new name and I met her under something different in a very small town. We had mutual friends; I never saw her perform, but she's lovely on a personal level so I'm just going to go ahead and be an irrational fan.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Skylark posted:

That's amazing, and quite possibly going int the new OP.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

That's amazing, and quite possibly going int the new OP.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9: gently caress all the twinks, there's so many

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Skylark posted:

Raja is so amazing, I still don't understand why seasons later people have such a negative opinion on her. Season 4 gets all the attention, but Raja elevated the show and the drag scene, encouraging queens to go beyond mall chic and the ball scene.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Raja is so amazing, I still don't understand why seasons later people have such a negative opinion on her. Season 4 gets all the attention, but Raja elevated the show and the drag scene, encouraging queens to go beyond mall chic and the ball scene.

I was one of those people that was kind of annoyed that a friend of RuPaul's before the show won the entire competition and was pulling for Manila to win, but I've seen Raja perform live and I tune in to Fashion Photo RuView all the time and have completely changed my mind. I love Raja and that Marie Antoinette drag look will always be innovative for me. Jinkx and Max have tried their versions, but the original is best.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Raja was amazing, her looks were on point, and she deserved the win.

However, I held a grudge for a very long time based off that loving Heathers bullshit. "I want to show all the misfits that you belong!" That's fine, then DON'T ACT LIKE THAT ON THE SHOW.

e: I've mellowed on that since then.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I always felt that Raja and Manila were fairly tongue-in-cheek about the Heathers thing. The one who really took it to heart was Delta.
I also felt Shangela was just as divisive with her Team Talent - Team Look stuff.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That's the second time a team has led to a win: the Heathers with Raja and RoLaskaTox with Alaska.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Does anyone know of a good service to stream from live or at least a little after airing? I don't have actual cable, so I tried buying a season streaming pass on Google Play for Season 8 and Amazon Prime for All-Stars 2, and they never had the episode uploaded until late the next day. It's so hard to avoid spoilers and I can't talk to anyone about it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

onwatchseries.to is the fastest I've found to post the episode after airing if you don't want to suffer through fans running periscopes and fb live feeds off their phones.

When that domain is inevitable taken down, the first google hit for "watch series" will typically do you right.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So this happened...

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Jasmine Masters is quite possibly the worst queen to ever appear on Drag Race.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Yeah, I am aware of this site, I just wanted to get HD and support the network by paying.

<3 SHADE CHI! Daaaaaang girl

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Pan Dulce posted:

So this happened...

The pot calling the peacock black.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
lol I love kim chi so much

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

So this happened...

That's some quality shade.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Watched all the meet the queens segments. Sasha Velour really stood out, so did Peppermint, Valentina, and Alexis Michelle. They all came off as really personable, funny, interesting, and had fashion and makeup and hair on point.

Charlie Hides and James Mansfield were also quite good and funny.

Nina Bo'Nina Brown has a really cool aesthetic, but I wasn't impressed with the attention to detail - the earpieces looked pretty bad and I think her makeup needed some refinement. Like the natural comparison is to Acid Betty, but Acid's execution was always so flawless, and I think the edges were rough for Nina.

Shea Coulee has a neat aesthetic but again I thought the outfit/makeup was not *quite* as refined - I think she looked good though.

Farrah Moan was so fishy! I wasn't a huge fan of the latex cheerleader thing, but it was very well-executed.

Trinity Taylor I couldn't pay attention to what she said because I think there was just too much going on with her outfit. The breastplate looked bad, the rhinestoned ribbons AND the fur AND the huge bejeweled choker? I felt like she could pull off the fur and choker combo, but not with the bejeweled titty straps, or she could pull off the bejeweled titty straps but not with the busy neckline... needed serious editing. I'm inclined to be harsher on the makeup and overall look for the interview videos because it's not like they were in a competition time crunch.

Aja and Kimora both seemed kind of bitchy and, well, not very clever. It's only a short interview, but I didn't get much personality besides "I tell it like it is."

I don't think the others quite stood out for me.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
First episode guest judge is none other than the long-awaited Lady Gaga! as confirmed by them on twitter! There's video, it's real, Eureka is FREAKING OUT.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

angerbeet posted:

First episode guest judge is none other than the long-awaited Lady Gaga! as confirmed by them on twitter! There's video, it's real, Eureka is FREAKING OUT.

If there was ever a time for Time Warner/Spectrum to get off their asses and get Logo in HD, this is it.

March can't get here any faster.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

angerbeet posted:

[BREATHING INTENSIFIES]

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 7, 2017

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I've been waiting for Lady gaga ever since I started watching this show, if only because one of the queens is going to explode with excitement and the others are going to have to hose her off the walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Watch again guys, it's actually Phi Phi doing her pitch perfect impression

• Locked thread