Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviously all of the coaches hate the nines but stuart is so blatant about it.,

Thurston bamboozled the raiders nsw cup players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

THE TIGERS WON A GAME BURN THE loving CITY DOWN WE ARE DONE

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Panthers are actually a good choice for a new fan with no real alligence to anywhere in Australia to pick. A production line of talent and a team that really could win a premiership over the next couple of years.

A fun team too.

The panthers are a bit cursed though. They have shocking luck with injuries

This is true - It's doubly true if you don't actually have to live here.
Felt like a traitor having a Dare Iced Coffee instead of the required Oak today as well.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

gently caress the roosters

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Puckish Rogue posted:

gently caress the cunts

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Thank god I am on leave the workplace Rooster fan would be horrific today

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Are there any new ways to watch this in the US this year? I've had FoxSoccer2Go in years past, but it's kinda poo.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

spacegoat posted:

Are there any new ways to watch this in the US this year? I've had FoxSoccer2Go in years past, but it's kinda poo.
http://www.nrl.com/WATCHLIVE/WatchOverseas/InternationalBroadcast/tabid/10443/Default.aspx
However in the past full match replays are avaliable a few days after online - not sure if this will happen.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Time for an update on Jarryd Hayne's childhood dream:
1. Win a premiership with the Eels
2. Make it in the NFL
3. Win an Olympic gold metal with the Fijian sevens team
4. Win a premiership with the TItans
5. Play club rugby in France and hang out with Ben Barba

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

Time for an update on Jarryd Hayne's childhood dream:
1. Win a premiership with the Eels
2. Make it in the NFL
3. Win an Olympic gold metal with the Fijian sevens team
4. Win a premiership with the TItans
5. Play club rugby in France and hang out with Ben Barba

6. money

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Titans are definitely legit as gently caress this year so he might win a premiership yet

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Stop telling me things I desperately want to never happen.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Titans won't win the premiership this year. Two young halves who've never played together, half a game Hayne lazing out the back and Peats getting injured all the time will see to that. Broncos premiers 2017, they'll pull out all the stops to send Benji out a winner. Either that or the Raiders, I hear Dave Taylor's been training thd house down and has never looked fitter.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Thanks for the new thread iajanus, great OP. I struggle to keep up with the off season trades having them all in the one place is real nice.

I normally lurk, will try to post something more substantial than "gently caress x team" and "how good it feels to be back at Belmore" even though I had never been until 2012 when the Bulldogs decided to do the Back in Belmore pre-season matches.

Are there any reserved spots in the Fantasy comp/is it cool if I join?

woofbro fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 8, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Titans won't win the premiership this year. Two young halves who've never played together, half a game Hayne lazing out the back and Peats getting injured all the time will see to that. Broncos premiers 2017, they'll pull out all the stops to send Benji out a winner. Either that or the Raiders, I hear Dave Taylor's been training thd house down and has never looked fitter.

He's been smashing them in the nets.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Cheers woof, want to be added to the OP under the Dogs?

I don't think there's any reserved spots in our comps, everyone's invited. At some point if people send me their ladder predictions I'll start up the ladder comp again.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
So long as we arent paying taylor heaps of money i dont care if he sucks. So long as stuart doesnt insist on playing him for ages.

The last forward spot on the bench stuart was happy with clay priest there who is honest but not brilliant

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

spacegoat posted:

https://livestream.com/nrl is the best resource. 720P, no ads, OK commentators available to anyone outside of Aus/NZ. If you have a browser that supports VPNs like Opera, you can use it in Australia as well

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

iajanus posted:

At some point if people send me their ladder predictions I'll start up the ladder comp again.

Well, I haven't changed it yet, and I'm not about to start now, so:

1. Rabbitohs
2. Knights
3. Eels
4. Wests Tigers
5. Titans
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Dragons
9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Sharks
12. Storm
13. Bulldogs
14. Warriors
15. Sea Eagles
16. Roosters

Let's all point and laugh.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

BobTheDestroyer posted:

https://livestream.com/nrl is the best resource. 720P, no ads, OK commentators available to anyone outside of Aus/NZ. If you have a browser that supports VPNs like Opera, you can use it in Australia as well

I'm in France and not all the games are available there, so its somewhat region dependent. VPN will still get you around that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Antitonic posted:

Well, I haven't changed it yet, and I'm not about to start now, so:

1. Rabbitohs
2. Knights
3. Eels
4. Wests Tigers
5. Titans
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Dragons
9. Cowboys
10. Panthers
11. Sharks
12. Storm
13. Bulldogs
14. Warriors
15. Sea Eagles
16. Roosters

Let's all point and laugh.

1. Rabbitohs
2. Raiders (Premiers)
3. Storm
4. Broncos
5. Cowboys
6. Sea Eagles
7. Titans
8. Panthers
9. Sharks
10. Warriors
11. Eels
12. Dragons
13. Tigers
14. Bulldogs
15. Roosters
16. Knights

Now watch the Knights go and win the whole loving thing.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Can I have a daily update on which sport Hayne is currently playing? Is he still a Gold Coast Titan or have Toulon literally buried him in gold bars and French prostitutes?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's a league player, for now. I won't be surprised if a French club with more money than sense like Racing or Toulon make a play for him though. Then he can achieve his life-long dream of riding the pine in a star-studded rugby union team in France!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

He's a league player, for now. I won't be surprised if a French club with more money than sense like Racing or Toulon make a play for him though. Then he can achieve his life-long dream of riding the pine in a star-studded rugby union team in France!

You're selling him a bit short here. He's a flaky prick, but he's also incredibly talented. For all the poo poo we give him, he did incredibly well to get as far as he did in a very short time in the NFL.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Now watch the Knights go and win the whole loving thing.
We are 2 million+ under the salary cap so I highly doubt we'll win more than 1 game this season.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

You're selling him a bit short here. He's a flaky prick, but he's also incredibly talented. For all the poo poo we give him, he did incredibly well to get as far as he did in a very short time in the NFL.

On the other hand there's union internationals riding the bench at Toulon so Hayne would be like...3rd string winger.

E: Not saying he'd not adapt later on but the French clubs are disgustingly stacked to the point of hilarity. Think 70's Manly. Or 00's Manly. Basically all of the cheating Manly teams.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 8, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And even then, where's he going to play? He'll need a season or two to acclimate to the sport, and he's not too far off of 30.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

iajanus posted:

Cheers woof, want to be added to the OP under the Dogs?

Yeah go ahead, I'll make a ladder list in the next few days.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

And even then, where's he going to play? He'll need a season or two to acclimate to the sport, and he's not too far off of 30.

Well when he hits 30 he needs to follow the lead of the greatest multi-sport athlete of all time, Karmichael Hunt. and sell drugs. could make good money selling to the Sharks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Raiders
5. Sharks
6. Warriors
7. Panthers
8. Roosters
9. Titans
10. Eels
11. Bulldogs
12. Souths
13. Manly
14. Knights
15. Dragons
16. Tigers

going to be a tight as hell comp this year

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
George Rose is about twice as big as his playing weight :lol:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was pleasantly surprised about which singer sung which version of the anthem.

Although the English rendition was a pretty horrific attempt.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Was pleasantly surprised about which singer sung which version of the anthem.

Although the English rendition was a pretty horrific attempt.

Yeah I was amused by that too. Both versions were poor though, and the aboriginal war dance continues to be dull as gently caress.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I wasn't as critical of the lady singing the anthem in the (unfortunately didn't catch which specific one) other language since as I didn't understand it i wasn't sure if it was meant to sound like that.

Jesus Christ the world all stars don't give a gently caress

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

gently caress, I didn't even know the game was today. That's how little attention it gets.

Also how come NZ gets the haka, other Polynesian countries get their traditional versions, the Aborigines get a war dance yet I'm still to see an intimidating morris dance from the English team in either rugby code? Pretty hosed up.

E: What the gently caress NRL match centre isn't even working/up for this game. Thanks, NRL.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

You're not missing much

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Who had Canberra for the injury sweepstakes? RIP Croker.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Although I guess if you wanted to see Croker hey a serious knee injury then you got your wish :shrug:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Canberra deciding to tank their season before it starts. An interesting choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Welp, so much for the raiders this season

• Locked thread