Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I probably won't be collecting everything because f that. I'll hopefully get it finished off this week then. It'll be my first completed PS4 game. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You don't get anything neat for collecting all of it other than a single reference to old TR games, anyway. :v:

I loved the the second one, but TR '13 will always be better in my head. More interesting enemies to fight.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

poptart_fairy posted:

You don't get anything neat for collecting all of it other than a single reference to old TR games, anyway. :v:

I loved the the second one, but TR '13 will always be better in my head. More interesting enemies to fight.

It doesn't help that the secret enemies in the second one are pretty much the same thing as the secret enemies in the first one. Like I was hoping for some kind of weird monstrosities or something and instead I got zombie legionnaires instead of zombie samurai.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

blackguy32 posted:

It doesn't help that the secret enemies in the second one are pretty much the same thing as the secret enemies in the first one. Like I was hoping for some kind of weird monstrosities or something and instead I got zombie legionnaires instead of zombie samurai.

Yeah, that was a big disappointment. The third act in TR '13 really shook up combat and threw you off your toes because there hadn't been anyone fighting like them beforehand. Expected a similar change in the second game, but it was a complete retread - only difference was increased bullet sponginess. Even their gimmick, IMMORTAL REGENERATING DEMON ROMANS, had no impact on actual gameplay.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I haven't really played the 2nd one yet despite it ending up in my backlog.. but the Japanese ww2 ruins in the first are extremely my poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did plus game rumors get confirmed ?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Yes? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-february-2017/

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

RatHat posted:

So I bought a Pro yesterday. I uploaded all my saves to cloud storage on my old PS4 but when I went to download them to the Pro it doesn't work(says something like the application isn't available). Does this mean I can't download saves for games I haven't played yet on the Pro? That's a big issue for the Nioh last chance trial data since it's not playable anymore.

You can't download save files for games that are not installed. I ran into that, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to for sure download LittleBigPlanet 3. I had read though that its original release had a lot of bugs and technical issues. Hopefully all of those problems are fixed by now. I wonder if Media Molecule will ever release Dream.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I assume LBP3 still has that really floaty movement of its predecessors?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I assume LBP3 still has that really floaty movement of its predecessors?

That's what i've heard, which I know turns a lot of people off the series. Seems to be something that you'll either loathe or just be able to tolerate.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I thought LBP3 was actually not done by MM. Did I hear wrong?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: Figured it out

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 7, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Morby posted:

You can't download save files for games that are not installed. I ran into that, too.

Would copying the save onto a USB stick work?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm finally near the end of MGS5 (I took a break many months ago right after beating what seemed at the time to be the final battle) and yeah, this is chaos and nonsense. There's a whole other game of story material in here but basically just in cutscene form without hardly any new gameplay to back it up.

Trying to get those last few technicians that unlock certain weapon trees is maddening and I should probably stop.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 7, 2017

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Sakurazuka posted:

Blizzard will get mad at you if you use a XIM to play Overwatch

They might get mad but there's nothing they can actually do about it as it stands, as far as I'm aware

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bad Parenting posted:

They might get mad but there's nothing they can actually do about it as it stands, as far as I'm aware

Correct, the console does not report to the game whether or not the player plugged in a xim so there's no way anyone except Sony can enforce a ban.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blizzard doesn't give a poo poo about what people do on consoles. Exhibit A: Characters with hacked 1bil+ paragon and level bazillion items in Diablo 3.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

I've never played a TR game outside of 2013 so that won't do much for me. :v:

Aside from a few bullshit fights (Shanty Town :argh:) it has been pretty fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TR2013 would have made a much better movie than the actual Tomb Raider movies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

I've never played a TR game outside of 2013 so that won't do much for me. :v:

Aside from a few bullshit fights (Shanty Town :argh:) it has been pretty fun.

Shanty Town is easy. You're even given the right tool for it and every fight onwards! Glorious loving FIRE ARROWS! :unsmigghh:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
When do the free PS+ games drop? Also, was anyone else surprised that TorqueL is some puzzle thing and not yet another mediocre racer a la Mad Riders or that dirt bike one?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shanty Town is easy. You're even given the right tool for it and every fight onwards! Glorious loving FIRE ARROWS! :unsmigghh:
Yeah I've basically been using the bow for the whole game, that moment was what I'd been waiting for!

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

When do the free PS+ games drop? Also, was anyone else surprised that TorqueL is some puzzle thing and not yet another mediocre racer a la Mad Riders or that dirt bike one?

Well, not really. It's probably yet another mediocre puzzle game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Should be within a few hours or less.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

That's what i've heard, which I know turns a lot of people off the series. Seems to be something that you'll either loathe or just be able to tolerate.

I find the LBP physics enjoyable when the level design takes advantage of them like the main campaign does. When you drop into a user level and they're trying to make something that would be more along the lines of the what you'd see in Mario it really stands out. It's really hard to make a good LBP level from a gameplay perspective so most of the best user levels are more cool from a technical perspective in my experience. You can do a lot more with LBP than you could with something like Mario Maker, but the basic mechanics of Mario are so solid that it's easier to make an actual fun level with it if you put in a minimal effort.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Tried to long in to play Nioh says I need to upgrade my password on PSN and sony would email me something...about 15 mins ago how loving long does it take for them to email me?

edit \/\/ thanks there it is

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 7, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Winkie01 posted:

Tried to long in to play Nioh says I need to upgrade my password on PSN and sony would email me something...about 15 mins ago how loving long does it take for them to email me?

Check your spam, when I did a password reset it went straight to my gmail spam for some reason.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Apparently Squeenix broke even on FFXV dev costs on day 1 sales alone and they sold a million more units since.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Apparently Squeenix broke even on FFXV dev costs on day 1 sales alone and they sold a million more units since.

I honestly doubt that, considering Nomura farted around for 10 Year wasting Designers and Artists. I bet they broke even on the actual development time of 2 years.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Maybe they'd already written off the costs of the prior dev time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah time to XIM

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crossposting from Nioh thread.

After literally not being able to beat the first enemy in the alpha I jumped back in off only good hype.

Beat first level with 2 deaths total.

All the "its so hard" reviews. I think are wrong. You have a 100% damage block with every weapon. It works. If you level spears you get a hide behind distance weapon AND levels hp. If you were on the fense but didnt want to get stomped into the ground. I recommend this game.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Does the Doom updates do much for the single player? Is it alright to start playing unpatched or is the game busted/missing something. I usually don't mind waiting but in this case it's thirty gigs and given my psn speeds might take about 3 days to download.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kuno posted:

Does the Doom updates do much for the single player? Is it alright to start playing unpatched or is the game busted/missing something. I usually don't mind waiting but in this case it's thirty gigs and given my psn speeds might take about 3 days to download.

The patches added arcade mode which is a really fun, no bullshit progression system way to play the game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Game is fine unpatched.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

Great if true. Really enjoyed the game and looking forward to the story DLC

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
But not really necessary for my first playthrough right? I am downloading the update but wanted to make sure it doesn't rebalance the story mode for the better or fix a major bug or anything like that.

Edit. Thanks. Gonna spend my evening ripping and tearing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Should I buy nioh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm gonna buy it