Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you assume 2 scum left, that means this is MYLO and no lynching would be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I would switch to Kash if you vote him. Or stick with grandi if you want to vote him.

I do not want to NL

I am leaning Kash but unsure what I want to do. You're definitely town so if you think it's grandi I need to consider that. I messaged Cpig on discord for a CP count. I'll give him a few minutes before I make up my mind for sure.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grandicap posted:

Mith, I am willing to stake everything on you being town. If I wall you (prevents all actions from targetting you but you can still do your thing), do you have a cool thing to do, or am I better off trying to cop stuff.

This has the benefit of if Mith gets killed it basically outs me as a scum, but if he doesn't it gives mith a free action thing.

I may have a cool thing or two in my toolkit. Not a cop, but I can't see scum tobbs going so HAM on scum KB that early in the game, and I can't see scum CL using a massive roleblock everyone ability n2, when we had no solid scum picks that might have been the target of night actions. So it really is down to you and Kash in my mind.

chaoslord posted:

I am leaning Kash but unsure what I want to do. You're definitely town so if you think it's grandi I need to consider that. I messaged Cpig on discord for a CP count. I'll give him a few minutes before I make up my mind for sure.

My concern with Grandi has been his lack of voting (he's voted once), and his constant push for D events.

My problem with Kash is his overall lack of commitment (which grandi shares).

I'm going to look back over things real quick like, we have a little time left and I'm actually at my PC and not a phone.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

chaoslord posted:

But to lay out my logic for Kash:

Tobbs was jailed by Grandicap.
There is an unclaimed Town death.
I did not act last night.
Either Kash or Mith must be responsible for it.
I think Kash is responsible.

Alternative solution I suppose is a grandi + Tobbs scum team backing each other up

Kash why aren't you putting Tobbs in your lunch order list especially with

Reading back over this, you left out the possibility that KB killed someone as he died. We also have an unclaimed scum death, which wasn't me if that's what people were assuming. Considering pera started homing in on KB pretty hard yesterday, I think it's possible they killed each other.

I didn't make an offensive move last night. Tobbs claimed to have been jailed, which grandi backs up. You claim no action.

Kash never actually claimed at all.

I'm close enough to split on my opinion I'm willing to switch to Kash if you think it's the better vote.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mith, I still want to vote kash, but if you come back and say you're sure it's grandi I will vote with you. I have been travelling a lot during this game so my reads are not likely as good as yours

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Reading back over this, you left out the possibility that KB killed someone as he died. We also have an unclaimed scum death, which wasn't me if that's what people were assuming. Considering pera started homing in on KB pretty hard yesterday, I think it's possible they killed each other.

I didn't make an offensive move last night. Tobbs claimed to have been jailed, which grandi backs up. You claim no action.

Kash never actually claimed at all.

I'm close enough to split on my opinion I'm willing to switch to Kash if you think it's the better vote.

Yeah I realized the KB thing later and pointed that out. I still think Kash is the way to go. I just feel like he has been inconsistent with his opinions. His vote for BK seemed very forced and then his "Look at all these folks saying they would vote me but arent, that's bad" when it came from his top town read in tobbs and me who he was eh on. Seems like just saying words to say words.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Mith, I still want to vote kash, but if you come back and say you're sure it's grandi I will vote with you. I have been travelling a lot during this game so my reads are not likely as good as yours

Then let's do Kash, because I am not completely sure it's grandi.

##vote Kash

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna submit my job change real quick

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok, stupid hotel internet

##vote kash

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The figure turns around and it is!!!!

Djinn?!

Wait, didn't you guys kill him before you even absorbed the first crystal!!!

Turns out you didn't i guess!

He is the only strong minion of darkness left!

The Light Warriors surround him and dispatch him.

Kashuno is dead!!

Djinn

Your bauble has no power over me now that I am infused with the power of darkness!
—Djinn, to Sara Altney"

Dark Aligned

Current Job: Sage

Light Aligned Players have won!!!

Dark was endgamed by

Chaoslord!

Doga

It is not how long you live, but what you make of the time you have in this world.
—Doga, on mortality"

Light Aligned

Capacity Storm - Doga may, once during the course of the game, Expend all Capacity Points earned to cause a massive magical storm which will block all night actions from happening for one night (Counts as a roleblock to every other player) Must expend at least 10 points for this ability to work.

Tobbs!

Refia

Raised in Kazus by the Mythril smith Takka, whose rigorous training led her to run away from home... again."

Light Aligned

Mithross!

Unei

I told you I was the guardian of the world of dream, didn't I?
—Unei, upon reminding Luneth of her visit to his dream."

Light Aligned

and

Anonymousnarcotics Grandicap!

Luneth

An orphan raised by Nina and Elder Topapa in the village of Ur. Adventurous by nature, his curiosity gets the better of him as he tumbles into a hole created by the great earthquake."

Light Aligned

Thoughts coming next post!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Scumdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a9FMiJ2WnuolOEKT3h0ph2cHLbOzolffb3js3c-tjuU/edit?usp=sharing

Mod/Dead doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hu2JjgzX8KEwY0KhLKSCD6lLiCrm6d8IMD9fPwXRsCE/edit?usp=sharing

I made a lot of stupid mistakes this game (sorry)

I mistakenly let someone change jobs twice in one day so I said F it and just let everyone do it

I overlooked kash and Jj jailing targets one night, (which didnt really matter mechanically because it was the night stickup was rodded)

And it was harder than I figured it would be to keep track of cp and stuff.

FF4 being one of the Final Fantasies i am more familiar with and also one that has a very wide variety of good characters to make roles around will be a much better entry in this mafia game series so be on the lookout for that soonish!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks for the game, CPig.

GJ picking the right scum target to lynch, town :toot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh, also, pre-sign me for FF4 and make me scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quote:

Oh, also, pre-sign me for FF4 and make me Cecil

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

Oh, also, pre-sign me for FF4 and make me murder man

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

also

>killing me n1

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
my only regret is switching from black mage

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

scumdoc posted:

If only Cpig was here; if you changed classes to black mage now, you could recieve info on what the town "class change, here's the skill info" role PM looks like, then breadcrumb it to town saying "HEY GUYS BLACK MAGE IS VIG"

And then we all change to nexus and watch the carnage

I am a bit sad this did not happen

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I am a bit sad this did not happen

That would have been pretty drat funny.

And re: my complaining about the setup- no matter how things turn out, all I was doing was blowing off steam. I love CPig's games and even though I may not have understood at first it's always fun to see how it worked after. :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also FU Black Mage N1 murder spree

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Infinitum posted:

Also FU Black Mage N1 murder spree

:same:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

There were some cool jobs at the end that we never saw but with the setup I'm not sure how they ever would have been revealed in time.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Looking over the mod and scum doc, I can see I was wise to pretend I'd never hit level 5 thief, and held that hide all the way to the end

Go Team Thief!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

This game was a lot of fun. KB played a hell of a scum game. I had occasional doubts, but never really solidified at all until you flipped.

I was going back and forth so hard on grandi/kash. Thank you CL for convincing me (and reminding me about the jail. I forgot about that entirely and it was what made me willing to go Kash)

Absolutely presign me for the next one. This has been a great series of games so far, and I'll ride the train all the way until the end. (Except maybe 8? Who actually likes 8?)

Mithross fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 7, 2017

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

my only regret is switching from black mage

Lol scrub

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think this was winnable with an active scum team. A couple key mistakes would have been avoided.

Good game town!

Presign for 4 but make me town. :)

Oh, my one complaint is actually that Cpig played the events totally straight this game. Maybe if this game had happened RIGHT after the other ones, or if more from the previous games were here or something, playing it straight might have worked. But instead, people just did the obvious and/or walkthrough choices and scum got no CP. :)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sorry that I was a pisspoor replacement Pig. Very interesting mechanics though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I dropped the ball sorry scum gg

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
we winned yay

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Y'all shoulda let me vig KB n1

Gj guys

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

But instead, people just did the obvious and/or walkthrough choices and scum got no CP. :)

Your power was there specifically to mitigate that, which you never used, there were times people had 90 - 100 cp you could have gotten it all for 10 cp.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Your power was there specifically to mitigate that, which you never used, there were times people had 90 - 100 cp you could have gotten it all for 10 cp.

Yeah but that was just a one shot. Balance of CP power would have still been to town.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
King Burgundy prefers to play town.

Read this game and then read that sentence until it's burned into your brain.

What a waste.

I CAN'T ROLL SCUM TO SAVE MY loving LIFE meanwhile this GENIUS oh my god

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Declaring myself town mvp for that clutch super roleblock N2 :toot:

3/3, presign for FF4, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.