Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
one full of gay women, presumably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Do you think "Ignorant Classmate" is a voice, credited role?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
visual novels are trash to be begin with so welcome to the thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress it, you can never just have 1 gender bender dna twister extreme screenshot.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That is a $25 game. It was going to go on my "goofy poo poo to gift people" list but goddamn.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It is one of the most bafflingly bad games I have ever played in a way that's hard to explain without sounding like a lunatic. It was made by two, maybe three people, and the only sane one was the artist, who took his paycheck, did his work, got the gently caress out of dodge, and went to art school so he could actually get real work. As a result, the writer begins making GBS threads on the dude at every opportunity in the final chunks of the game.

The writer continues to work in the fetish mines, just hosed up a kickstarter for a third such game, and is a few thousand in debt now because he apparently paid the new artist up front before the campaign failed and now has to make a game on $0 to make anything back.

edit: I also still stand by this being the single worst line in the game.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 7, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

It is one of the most bafflingly bad games I have ever played in a way that's hard to explain without sounding like a lunatic. It was made by two, maybe three people, and the only sane one was the artist, who took his paycheck, did his work, got the gently caress out of dodge, and went to art school so he could actually get real work. As a result, the writer begins making GBS threads on the dude at every opportunity in the final chunks of the game.

The writer continues to work in the fetish mines, just hosed up a kickstarter for a third such game, and is a few thousand in debt now because he apparently paid the new artist up front before the campaign failed and now has to make a game on $0 to make anything back.

edit: I also still stand by this being the single worst line in the game.

Didn't the dev's other game just come out of early access on steam?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
No, no. They kickstarted a third and it failed, leading to this:

https://twitter.com/lachedupgames/status/822237761499320321

Oh, and what you aren't told until the very end of GBDNA: these games all take place in Australia.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought that dev made Max's Big Bust too, though, and that just showed up as complete and finished on steam

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
They did, that was their second title, the kickstarter was sometime last year. Somewhere else on that twitter he's griping that there will be "no sequel" to Max because it's underperformed so much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok I was just making sure that they were the same dev because I wasn't sure

also, lol

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Max's Big Bust has much better art.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What is self cest

Is it masturbation

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What is self cest

Is it masturbation

I think it has to be some kind of double (a version of self) or a clone (not a twin). I don't make the rules though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

that this is the only one with a text bubble but no text makes it stand out doubly

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

FirstAidKite posted:

gently caress it, you can never just have 1 gender bender dna twister extreme screenshot.

I don't think any of the curves is in the right place.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jamfrost posted:

I think it has to be some kind of double (a version of self) or a clone (not a twin). I don't make the rules though.
My heart's not of stone,
As I've frequently shone
When alone with my own little X.
And after we've dined,
I am sure we will find
Better incest then Oedipus Rex.

-- Isaac Asimov

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Visual novels are too easy, it feels like cheating.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Visual novels are too easy, it feels like cheating.

There is no such thing as fruit that is too low hanging.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I dont know posted:

There is no such thing as fruit that is too low hanging Jiggling.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"jiggling orbs" would make a pretty good name change imo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TBH if you want your specialized wank material that seems fine except for where it costs $25.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

TBH if you want your specialized wank material that seems fine except for where it costs $25.

i dont know if i can trust the VN opinions of someone who can't pick out a good wallpaper

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I dont know posted:

There is no such thing as fruit that is too low hanging.

Yeah but most VNs are just bad, not insultingly bad.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Save Jesus

quote:

In this fantasy puzzle game you need to kill Romans, by redirecting traps and keeping Jesus and his friends alive.

Someone is trying to murder Jesus. Disguised as Caesar with the Roman Empire by his side, an evil impostor from the future has set hundreds of deadly traps.

Your Mission:
- Redirect the traps
- Kill the Romans
- Protect Jesus & his friends from an onslaught of weapons

Features:
- Boulders, Spikes, Skulls, Fireballs, Holy Balls, Holy Cows
- 50 Levels of increasing difficulty
- A variety of physics-based challenges
- Steam Trading Cards
- Steam Achievements

Find the impostor & destroy his Time Machine, before his machine destroys Time!

Only YOU can Save Jesus!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FreeKillB posted:

Someone is trying to murder Jesus. Disguised as Caesar with the Roman Empire by his side, an evil impostor from the future has set hundreds of deadly traps.

This sounds like nonsense spat out by one of those game blurb generators. :psyduck:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, I should install it. Grabbed it in the winter sale.

They already have another game lined up: "Zombie Ballz now on Steam Greenlight"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol, that Roman has the most "Can you believe this poo poo?" face. :manning:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Fantastic it is...
Jesus!

There's voice acting in the last image. Someone (is that a time-travelling Hitler?) repeats "You keep messing up my traps!"

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I gifted this to all my Steam friends last Christmas. It's apparently not that bad, several of them played long enough to gain multiple achievements. I have no personal experience with the game, I don't play games I jokegift.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Is Bad Ratz still considered a game, or is it more of a secondary currency on steam at this point?

TF2/CSGO/Flavor of the Month trading would be much more interesting if they traded in Bad Ratz copies

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ever since Minecraft's explosive popularity everyone and their brother has been trying to ride that bandwagon for quick profits. Just take lovely blocky programmer art, slap it on top of a barely functioning sandbox, and there you go!

Pixel Survival knows the drill, and gives us a handy rundown of what features to expect in their game:

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Ikari Worrier posted:

Ever since Minecraft's explosive popularity everyone and their brother has been trying to ride that bandwagon for quick profits. Just take lovely blocky programmer art, slap it on top of a barely functioning sandbox, and there you go!

Pixel Survival knows the drill, and gives us a handy rundown of what features to expect in their game:

This looks like yet another straight-up asset flip of Unit Z off the Unity asset store, so it's even lazier than you think it is.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Unit Z will never die.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
MULTY PLAYER

SURVIVAL

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It looks like they are reselling an early version of Unturned.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Songbearer posted:

MULTY PLAYER

SURVIVAL

don't forget

MANY WEAPON

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

weak wrists big dick posted:

Is Bad Ratz still considered a game, or is it more of a secondary currency on steam at this point?

TF2/CSGO/Flavor of the Month trading would be much more interesting if they traded in Bad Ratz copies

I think at this point it's akin to a thank you card. "I've been thinking of you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Just look at the screenshots: http://store.steampowered.com/app/490690