Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Twitch drones are surprisingly quiet and i don't ever notice them until i'm getting shocked. Meahwhile you can hear the regular drones from a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Wait so the Twitch drone can just straight up smash the window? That seems dumb. Unless you're talking about triggering the gas canister release.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Wooper posted:

haha the diamond charm is platinum colored again

whut? sunova letseeeee

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How do alpha packs work??

No one knows, they aren't out yet.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

IronDoge posted:

Wait so the Twitch drone can just straight up smash the window? That seems dumb. Unless you're talking about triggering the gas canister release.

The gas canister release. But it's absurdly easy to do and once you do it then suddenly that mirror is a massive liability.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
That doesn't really seem like a massive issue as long as you don't just slap the window up in pre-round and forget about it. Mira's gonna want to hang out where the reinforced walls are by pure virtue of her ability so ideally you would wait until the attackers at least get close to the objective room before deploying the thing. By that stage Twitch's second drone is usually dead anyway.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hard posted:

No one knows, they aren't out yet.

Oh shoot... I thought they were part of the update. 🌋🌋

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Year 2 season 1.
Matchmaking is still described as "beta".

Jokes aside, does anyone know if I can find the track from this trailer anywhere? It's really good.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I love Jackal.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I think it's a track by the development team, so you may have tough luck getting it, in the absence of developers updating the digital soundtrack with DLC materials.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Servers just died. :thumbsup:

New operators are loving good poo poo, though.

Although why the hell does Jackal get 60 more rounds for his AR than the other operators, Hard?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 7, 2017

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!
Launch day bugs:
A Mira on our team claimed to spawn underneath the map even though the rest of us could see her spawn normally and interact with her. She was walking into walls and couldn't do anything. Later in the same round, our Lord Tachanka couldn't reload his primary with 2 rounds left in his magazine and died a horrible, horrible death.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I don't think it would be as bad if they didn't have:

Free weekend
wildlands beta
S2 patch
For Honor beta

All in the space of a week. Ubi's servers barely manage to function at low load :ohdear:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Servers just died. :thumbsup:

New operators are loving good poo poo, though.

Although why the hell does Jackal get 60 more rounds for his AR than the other operators, Hard?

drum mag!

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I can't connect to the servers but apparently my friend can. :argh:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I set UseUPnP=1 to UseUPnP=0 and that let me connect

hope this helps

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

drum mag!

The AR, not the SMG. It's got 31+210 when e.g. the 556 has 31+150.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
ew maths

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

ew maths
*in dead serious voice* Explains so much about this game.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Can you put the mira window on reinforced hatches? can you rotate it 90 degrees and make it vertical?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

afkmacro posted:

Can you put the mira window on reinforced hatches? can you rotate it 90 degrees and make it vertical?

no and no

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*in dead serious voice* Explains so much about this game.

i create with my emotions ok?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Loving my new sweet Obsidian Weapon Skin I can't apply to any weapon of the new operators.

It could look incredible but the way it's just slapped over the entire gun looks trash.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
If I have the 2 year pass, do I just get the two new operators for free or do I have to buy them once they are available to everyone?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Obstacle2 posted:

If I have the 2 year pass, do I just get the two new operators for free or do I have to buy them once they are available to everyone?

Free now and forever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

Free now and forever.
Also, a week's worth of exclusivity on them against the non-paying players.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
First bug I've run into since downloading the patch. Second map in while playing Canal:

Happened during prep phase and then persisted during action phase, couldn't see my operator's POV at all.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard please make it so you can't get the same objective twice in a row on quick play Jesus Christ

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Triggs posted:

First bug I've run into since downloading the patch. Second map in while playing Canal:

Happened during prep phase and then persisted during action phase, couldn't see my operator's POV at all.

Aaaand same thing just happened on Consulate. I didn't quit out of the game before trying another match so it seems to persist unless you restart the game.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Play the game for 4 rounds, find bug for jackal.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

From reddit:
https://i.imgur.com/zTJqdv8.gifv

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wait is that a bug or did he get shot by a doc dart

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Basticle posted:

Wait is that a bug or did he get shot by a doc dart

It says "hold box to revive" instead of "to interrogate".

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

It says "hold box to revive" instead of "to interrogate".

Don't you auto-die if someone fails to pick you up after like, 2-3 goes? If so, (and if the Cav player noticed the prompt) they could've quickly initiated and then cancelled the revive a few times, to kill them off quickly. :v: (Although naturally they wouldn't get the advantage of having performed an interrogation)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Photoshop, all of it.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I appreciate that half the operators are hilariously wide-eyed in the preview shots

also that hibana actually looks asian now

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Triggs posted:

same

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Koramei posted:

I appreciate that half the operators are hilariously wide-eyed in the preview shots

also that hibana actually looks asian now

Hibana has always looked asian in-game.

Jackal is loving stupid. I await the patch that makes all female operators leave no footsteps, cause playing a roaming Valkyrie for example is now a nightmare.
I mean I understand that he is there to counter roamers in the pro-level, but in pub games, even with a full team he's a "free win" button most of the time. Mira on the other hand is a "free lose" button with the way pubbies pop those windows like there's no tomorrow, opening you to crossfire.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 8, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Kikas posted:

Hibana has always looked asian in-game.

Jackal is loving stupid. I await the patch that makes all female operators leave no footsteps, cause playing a roaming Valkyrie for example is now a nightmare.
I mean I understand that he is there to counter roamers in the pro-level, but in pub games, even with a full team he's a "free win" button most of the time. Mira on the other hand is a "free lose" button with the way pubbies pop those windows like there's no tomorrow, opening you to crossfire.

Give people some time to learn to adapt.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Oh god yes. Castle on my team was being tracked by Jackal but was on point. He hid behind the hostage and Glaz shot the hostage while we had their only easy ingress covered.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
My favorite is how Jackal doesn't even look at the camera in his portrait, dude is looking for footprints on the ceiling or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Oh god yes. Castle on my team was being tracked by Jackal but was on point. He hid behind the hostage and Glaz shot the hostage while we had their only easy ingress covered.

thats pretty boss.

• Locked thread