Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
So apparently IQ can see enemies on cameras with her gadget now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Hey Hard, apparently you can melee the gas release on Mira's mirrors from the wrong side of the wall if you do it at the right angle.

Fix your game.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Best operators released so far, besides valk. Awesome patch! Also bugs, bugs you would expect they fix before going live.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

thats pretty boss.

http://streamable.com/w6ju3

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

sdr782 posted:

So apparently IQ can see enemies on cameras with her gadget now.

If IQ can see the phone/tablet they're using to view the cameras, then excellent! She should've been able to do that before. (Or do you mean IQ can see their entire silhouette/ghost?) With that and the new frags someone mentioned here (still at work, so I haven't played yet), I might start using IQ more, again.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

no and no

Sad!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jackal's rifle has some beastly kick.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mira is useful, never once saw footprints with Jackal in three games. But he's got a good gun at least.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Popped on to play both the new ops, they're sick. Mira might be my new favorite defense operator over Valkyrie (just kidding, Valkyrie will never stop being my favorite). Never saw any footprints as Jackal though.

Also the new uniforms/headgear are cool as hell. Actually the new operator designs are just cool as hell.

The new menu music is also super boss.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 8, 2017

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Hey, just got this game on sale for the PS4. Looking for people to play with; my psn is: box_hog

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

Hey Hard, apparently you can melee the gas release on Mira's mirrors from the wrong side of the wall if you do it at the right angle.

Fix your game.

Here's video proof of it, so that you don't think I'm lying (please ignore the audio desync, I didn't have my streaming software set up properly for Siege):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn5SRY1r5VA

E: I accidentally bumped the temperature button on Youtube editing, also ignore the blue filter until it fixes itself.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 8, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I would like to talk to the person who was thinking its a good idea to use the exact same soundfiles for switching jackal tool and valk deploying a blackeye cam.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 8, 2017

tjones
May 13, 2005

Floodkiller posted:

Here's video proof of it, so that you don't think I'm lying (please ignore the audio desync, I didn't have my streaming software set up properly for Siege):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn5SRY1r5VA

E: I accidentally bumped the temperature button on Youtube editing, also ignore the blue filter until it fixes itself.

To be honest, now thinking about it, this is probably designed. If you are able to run up and melee the window you should probably be allowed to.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hit detection/what I see on kill cams vs reality seems much worse than before. :/

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

tjones posted:

To be honest, now thinking about it, this is probably designed. If you are able to run up and melee the window you should probably be allowed to.

I doubt it. If it were intentional, it would be better telegraphed as a possible action and reliable to perform (or at least mostly reliable because it is Siege).

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There's no way hitting a gas canister through a wall sometimes without being able to see it is intentional.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I finaly get home from work, load up the game, I hit join ranked with 3 of my friends and after 10 seconds it puts each of us into a different match. :psyduck:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Just got my first ever crash to desktop while ingame. I was playing Echo on Border and the game froze and then closed just as I was doing the animation to begin looking at Yokai.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!

Flipswitch posted:

Jackal's rifle has some beastly kick.

Everybody else's experience is that his recoil is extremely manageable. It's similar to Hibana's except that it has 10 more rounds.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Anyone else experience this fun new feature?

http://imgur.com/COXolBv

E: Although I'm already dead in the clip, this is all you can see while you're alive too. Also during the drone phase.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 8, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My group did our placements all in a row. We went, I think, 5-5 and I ended up at Gold 4.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

In case this wasn't mentioned, IQ can see defenders on cameras now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-a9nAW-yc

tjones
May 13, 2005
So I've spent three games out of the last eight placement games looking at a random spot inside a random portion of the map, unable to to move my drone or spectate my team mates. Quiting fixes the problem, but by the time I've rejoined we've been down a team mate for 1-2 rounds and I'm joining a losing game. On the bright side, I guess this is an easy way to copper to smurf legit because wtf Ubisoft.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

polka posted:

Everybody else's experience is that his recoil is extremely manageable. It's similar to Hibana's except that it has 10 more rounds.
Worth mentioning I ain't played for a while and my last shooters were games with minimal recoil :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The gun with the perfect recoil in the game so far is Frost's; that thing is a loving laser of a weapon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You mean Buck's FAL. Zero recoil and 70 damage per shot. :getin: Typical Quebecers, making the Montréal operator OP.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 8, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
It took me way to long to realise that different colored footsteps mean how old they are, not who they are belonging to.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hold F to drop defuser.
Hold F to scan.

Do you see the problem, Hard?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hold F to drop defuser.
Hold F to scan.

Do you see the problem, Hard?

It's Ubisoft's way of saying that winning via bomb defusal is the coward's way out! :v:

Also, after actually getting a chance to play the game post-update, is Mira's armour actually based on real-life body armour? It just seems like the colonial marine armour out of Aliens, to me

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Space T Rex posted:

Anyone else experience this fun new feature?

http://imgur.com/COXolBv

E: Although I'm already dead in the clip, this is all you can see while you're alive too. Also during the drone phase.

Yeah that happened to me on Hereford earlier. Lasts the entire match too so basically you have to disconnect your your team will be down a player the entire time. You can still move and interact with everything like normal even though you can't see anything so I had Polka directing me where to walk and aim in the hopes that I could blindly kill the last player on the enemy team after they destroyed the other 4 guys :v:

It's actually an old bug, I got it a couple times in like season 2 or 3. Must be another regression!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This rules. This and frags are exactly what IQ needed.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Hard there's no water in the pool.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Are the servers hosed right now? I think the servers are hosed right now.

HARD!!!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/TameTemptingAnophelesmosquito

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Thanks for listening HARD!!!

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Thanks for being Hard.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Cave's really taking stealth to a whole new level

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So my friend had a bug as Twitch on Barlett, where his drone spawned in the main entrance. He couldn't move it, but he could still hit people with it. It was also invisible for everyone, but by blindfire, the defenders managed to destroy it. Then, during attack he couldn't deploy it (it was greyed out), but spawned with 2 Twitch drones. So he went to the place where his drone spawned and realized he could pick it up, so he had 3 drones :v:

Never got the chance to try and deploy it tho (yeah there's also the wall on the floor thing).

Also, there's a bug where sometimes people switch places on the loadout preview, look at Mira and Caveira here:

This is still a thing (I think it happens to everyone, but it's certainly most noticable with Valk):

I also get crazy gyrating ragdolls, I've got two recorded, gonna upload the video later.

None of the above stopped us from finishing our placement matches at Silver 1 tho.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 8, 2017

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hard there's no water in the pool.

Someone smashed the glass! Even the aquarium wasn't spared.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Jackals rifle is cool and when you break open a trap door and look down into the objective it is like :catdrugs: with the footsteps.

IDK how I feel about Mira outside of ranked w/friends. Though I do think her ability is pretty cool but like Valkryie/Echo/Tachanka, I probably won't play her unless I trust my team or just loving around.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Between this thread and the known issues they have a hell of a lot of bugs to deal with :eyepop:

• Locked thread