Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
taking sign ups for terrace house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: The Last Bastion - An open-setup PARANOIA variant for 30 players is now open for signups :siren:

I absolutely love wacky role madness style mafia over any other form of mafia, but I wanted to try my hand at running a far more traditional 'vanilla' style mafia setup while having a bit of a story to go with it.
This is my answer to that style of mafia and I've designed in a way to be played extremely quickly, while maximising the paranoia aspect of traditional mafia, utilising a simplistic ruleset, and to do away with some of the short-comings and cliche states of play you'd normally see from a standard mafia setup.

It is an open setup game, with the ruleset laid out clearly in the OP. If you have questions before the game starts please let me know.

I know a few of you may have qualms about playing in such an extremely large game, but rest assured that it is designed to be played extremely quickly and I can absolutely promise you it will be worth your while!

:siren: Please do me a huge favour and come sign up. I would absolutely love to see this game in action :siren:

:pcgaming: 12/30 players are already signed up! :pcgaming:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

taking sign ups for terrace house

If this is a game, sign me up.

Dibs on Groverhaus

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinitum posted:

If this is a game, sign me up.

Dibs on Groverhaus

Terrace House is not a game, its life

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I am playing this game and so should you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmm I haven't looked at the Mafia thread lately, where'd I leave off, should I just skip to the recent posts

got some chores tonight posted:

mussorgsky - pictures at an exhibition

oh wait, no let's read this they were talking classical music, good stuff, I remember this one from youth orchestra it was great

:fuckoff:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: The Last Bastion - An open-setup PARANOIA variant for 30 players is now open for signups :siren:

:pcgaming: Only 10 spots left! Get in quick! :pcgaming:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you what Google search from my history you are

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Quote THIS post and I'll tell you a plausible lie based on our history together as a fun game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Quote THIS post and I'll tell you a plausible lie based on our history together as a fun game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

peramene posted:

If you know of a history between us, sure.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

peramene posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

I am sad I missed the other buzzfeeds (sombers in particular seemed good but far too late now), but I can get in on the ground floor of this one

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

peramene posted:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

peramene posted:

quoting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quote THIS post and I'll tell you what classical piece you are, because I am in a classical mood~! (As I grade Music Theory tests, funny that).

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Quidthulhu posted:

Quote THIS post and I'll tell you what classical piece you are, because I am in a classical mood~! (As I grade Music Theory tests, funny that).

Yes! Do it!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Yes! Do it!

Poor Leporello, I wish your master treated you better~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPp6ghdIeM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
gosh golly people at least make it interactive, something like "quote this with a story."

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

peramene posted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALtkT99zvBM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

In all seriousness though, you're actually Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxLHzBlGd4

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

gosh golly people at least make it interactive, something like "quote this with a story."

One time Ecco was just trying to make a point in the discussion thread but I took it as a literal instruction.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
leave a. commemt on my webzone and I'll send you a pizzaroll

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay I was hoping you'd do this. I saved one for you. It is "literotica"

peramene posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Fun, fierce, driving to destiny! You are the third movement from Mozart's 21st Piano Concerto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9f-pCwPkk4

(bonus I think you can hear the pianist humming along to his playing, inadvertently probs you too anarc~)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

peramene posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

About a year ago, we played in my actual very first SA mafia game. I was deeply impressed by the cases you were making and your ability to say the town. In hardly any time at all, the noose was around my neck (hot) and I realized my loyalty to you had cost town the game. I swore revenge. You are the only person who remembers my first username and you'll never reveal it, because that would just be too easy.

For a long period of time, I believed you were dead. The fact that you've returned now is mysterious, because here you are, and based on what I've heard... that shouldn't be true.

I'm luring you into a honeypot and everyone knows but you. Your lip is being yanked daily by the tug of my hook and yet you still seem to be stumbling forward. Just keep reading her Twitter. Every day. Just keep reading mine. It'll be gospel 'ere long.

CL, you inheritor of madness, how you even compelled the pig to leap into the butcher's is beyond me. It strikes me that you must be a brilliant liar and an incredible manipulator, and yet I never find fault in your words. Someday, perhaps, I will see through your veil and come to understand just how much you have to teach me or just how little substance there is after all. One way or another, you know how this ends.

I named you. Nobody else remembers, but I do. I took your prior self and turned you into this amalgamation seeking vengeance and blood, shaking with a hunger only you know. I named you. Also, we knew. But I was honest, which meant you weren't. Shame.

There's a Final Fantasy summon with a name similar to your name, and whenever you appear out of nowhere I picture who must be your summoner. Then I realized that the analogy isn't far off.

All you had to do was duck.

...Hm. See, I feel you've heard enough of my lying. I feel you never believe me when I am telling the truth and never allow me the dignity I earned. That's acceptable, what's a California girl to do? But what's fascinated me over these last few months is just how many people compare us. They've accused me of being your alt. I tell them what I did to you -- that it made me life control for a while out of game -- indeed, for the remainder of that game, when I want laughing maniacally, I was whispering, "It's right there in your profile, pera."

(You deserve a good one - no true offense was intended. I continue to believe you are a curious and fascinating individual.)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yay I was hoping you'd do this. I saved one for you. It is "literotica"

Oh, honey... gosh. We did talk tags. Literotica is either absolute trash or compelling. We should jam.

This feels odd. That you'd want this. But okay.

No one here walks away from an encounter with you unchanged. You put the truth of love and friendship we manipulative shitheads just don't understand. Some people think they can encounter you and walk away the same person. No one does. Sociopaths manipulate people like you like bishops - sliding you back and forth across the board from unexpected distances to take the surprise kill - but aha, the feeling as White moves a piece to capture this particular bishop is... different. As you go down, so too their dreams of glory. Everyone who has ever interacted with you. I've read every post you've ever made. Everyone. Except, as you know well now, myself. There is something fundamentally wrong with me. We truly have no control who lives, who dies, who tells our story.

(What a lovely note to end on - I adore you. :ese:)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

quote this post and peramene will put you on ignore

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

inshallah

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Sweet IS... we met but only recently, but you've felt it too, haven't you? As he died in my arms and I closed his eyes, you emerged from behind and I felt you take it back. Don't worry. Fair is fair. This connection of ours, this collective we've gathered around us? We could really make it into a monster, if we all pulled together as a team.

Learning you really were only 19 blew my mind. You seem so wide and knowledgeable, but I suppose it explains the sense of humor. I trust you with my people's lives and you surround then with the undead as if I'm to be expected to believe that's a benefit to be. Also, I won't be around tomorrow but Mana will play for me. Don't worry, she can do both accents.

That's all! Sorry if you missed it but if you enjoy ridiculous melodrama and/or, I'unno, whatever, you know how to get me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
<3 peramene

If peramene asks you to carry her across the river on your back, refuse.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

peramene posted:

Why not.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lumpen posted:

<3 peramene

If peramene asks you to carry her across the river on your back, refuse.

if you meet the Buddha on the side of the road, kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted: