Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You folks wouldn't like Loki much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Comrade Kirov posted:

Haha, no worry! There are like three other Maidragon threads to choose from :tif:.

Wait that's an emote?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Emily Rand had a pretty good article up about the short non-sequitir shots Kyoani use to establish tone.

https://formeinfullbloom.wordpress.com/2017/01/27/on-pillow-shots-nichijou-and-miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid/

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fangz posted:

Emily Rand had a pretty good article up about the short non-sequitir shots Kyoani use to establish tone.

https://formeinfullbloom.wordpress.com/2017/01/27/on-pillow-shots-nichijou-and-miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid/
That's neat. I've been getting Nichijou vibes from the visual style from the beginning but couldn't quite place my finger on exactly what all was setting that off. This is a nice articulation on part of that (the action sequences being another part).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

They did this in Sound Euphonium too, notable example:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I Love Gay Dragon Maid Anime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beasteh posted:

I Love Gay Dragon Maid Anime.

:hai:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Fangz posted:

They crammed a good bit of subtlety into those shots:

X

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Is anyone else suffering from having to listen to the full op daily? That thing is just so ridiculously up beat and energetic and aaargh :kimchi:.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Suffering from? Enjoying listening to? Yes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Zernach posted:

Is anyone else suffering from having to listen to the full op daily? That thing is just so ridiculously up beat and energetic and aaargh :kimchi:.

For me it's the ED, or at least the first and last 8 seconds of it. What a good jam!

I haven't read the manga, although I enjoy the author's other work Ojojojo, but this show has been great so far!

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Zernach posted:

I keep watching it because I cannot get enough of the dragons doing that snakey business at the start, but the song is also good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/uvuowo/status/829017063276425216

good Kobayashis

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Too attractive, gotta be more dumpy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did you know office ladies can be attractive too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nonsense. Nobody has ever been or drawn an attractive OL. I mean office lady.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Drunk Kobayashi doesn't look scary enough. Otherwise yeah, good Kobayashis.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I agree with this assessment.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Captain Invictus posted:

Nonsense. Nobody has ever been or drawn an attractive OL. I mean office lady.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We should be calling her a programmer, considering that is what she actually does.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the combination of the india ink brush lineart with the detailed rendering in certain key spots is jarring

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Futaba Anzu posted:

the combination of the india ink brush lineart with the detailed rendering in certain key spots is jarring

I don't like how young Kobayashi looks in that, but I didn't find the technique problematic, especially since I've done stuff like that in the past (I sometimes find too-clean lines to be kinda boring looking). Can you expand on this?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Fangz posted:

I don't like how young Kobayashi looks in that, but I didn't find the technique problematic, especially since I've done stuff like that in the past (I sometimes find too-clean lines to be kinda boring looking). Can you expand on this?

the cleanly rendered knees are more fitting for cleaner lines but this is getting into nitty gritty art talk

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
rosy knees are good and cool.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Drunk Kobayashi doesn't look scary enough. Otherwise yeah, good Kobayashis.

She's still in the "enjoying the initial buzz" phase and hasn't progressed to the "revealing her power level" phase.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
Wait wait wait. Hold the phone. I heard they are depriving us of a futanari arc?

Liberals!!!!!! :argh:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I think we can agree this late into the show that whatever we get will be good. I rate it a DD. Not sure what it's gonna stand for yet.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Double Dowagon.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Doragon D-cup

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
DD is clearly stands for D (for) Dragon

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Delicious Dragon? :yum::smaug:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Kobayashi, eat the tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You are cordially invited to Kobayashi-san's DDDQ. The extra D stands for DYODD.

• Locked thread