Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I kind of love Riverdale. I feel like I'm not supposed to, a lot of its elements shouldn't work, but they do. I Just wish they cast someone more... charismatic as Archie, he feels like the weakest out of the whole cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I got a Nielson survey in the mail, came with a crisp new $5.00 bill and offered me another if I returned the survey about my favorites. Netflix counts as a channel, right? If not I guess I could have answered NBC, they have The Good Place and This is Us. Add in Timeless, Powerless, Black List and Emerald City and I'm watching the most shows from them this year so far.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bagrada posted:

I got a Nielson survey in the mail, came with a crisp new $5.00 bill and offered me another if I returned the survey about my favorites. Netflix counts as a channel, right? If not I guess I could have answered NBC, they have The Good Place and This is Us. Add in Timeless, Powerless, Black List and Emerald City and I'm watching the most shows from them this year so far.

I got the same survey and after some discussion with the wife realized that our "favorite" channel was FX/FXX. Atlanta, Fargo, Always Sunny, Archer, You're The Worst... they've been killing it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

lelandjs posted:

I got the same survey and after some discussion with the wife realized that our "favorite" channel was FX/FXX. Atlanta, Fargo, Always Sunny, Archer, You're The Worst... they've been killing it.

Fargo is FX? poo poo. For some reason I thought it was Starz or some other premium channel I didn't have, I could have been watching it all this time. I watch Archer and Always Sunny years later on Netflix, definitely looking forward to Legion on Wednesday though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

You should try out Better Things.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Americans

Timely since Putin has us by the balls probably

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

The Americans

The show has to end with a flash forward segment showing the Jennings as top GOP political aides of some kind during our most recent election.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bagrada posted:

My wife and I have been a Nielsen family for a little over a year now. Maybe they're watching this thread :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

You mean you don't want all the corporatism of Robocop with none of the satire?

We need more shows about how the government can't do anything while the plucky rich businessman has all the right answers!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The Americans

Best show on tv.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MacheteZombie posted:

The show has to end with a flash forward segment showing the Jennings as top GOP political aides of some kind during our most recent election.

I think they would be over 80 years old

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting my bestie into The Americans right now, since we just finished Mad Men together. It's so good.

Did season 5 start yet? I haven't been paying attention...

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

I'm getting my bestie into The Americans right now, since we just finished Mad Men together. It's so good.

Did season 5 start yet? I haven't been paying attention...

March 7th.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

It feels a bit disjointed but I will soldier on.

From last page, but for me it became way more enjoyable when I distanced myself from thinking "it's House but he's a shrink".

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
APB

Pros:
Kevin Chapman as the District Captain.
Ernie Hudson as the Senior Sergeant.
Justin Kirk does smarmy arrogant rear end in a top hat really well.
It's a Matt Nix show and I liked the first few seasons of Burn Notice and all of The Good Guys
Len Wiseman was responsible for the amazing first season of Sleepy Hollow.
Nestor Sorrano's Mayor is the ideal corrupt rear end in a top hat this kind of series needs.

Cons:
Unfettered Surveillance is the best!
Chicago underfunding the CPD? Not going to happen. This should have been set in Detroit.
Magical computer tech.
Has a 'White Man's Burden' vibe along with adding 'Rich Techie' to the beginning of the phrase.

Two things would make this better. Make it subversive as gently caress by outwardly touting how great this surveillance and millions poured into tech are, while simultaneously showing how hosed up Chicago is getting because of it. Second, have Captain Hauser call his cousin Lionel in New York to brag about all the technology his district now has.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Richard Hatch, of both Battlestar Galactica shows, has passed away. Never saw the original show but he played a great bastard in the reboot.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I feel like an rear end in a top hat posting this right after the Richard Hatch news, but Netflix just unleashed a Michael Bolton Valentine's Day Special onto the world.

It was co-directed by Scott Auckerman and Akiva Schaffer.

You know what to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cancel Netflix?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Looking for something of decent length on Netflix to slowly burn through. Is Shameless good?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Zerilan posted:

Looking for something of decent length on Netflix to slowly burn through. Is Shameless good?

It's awesome, but it will beat the holy poo poo out of you.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zerilan posted:

The US version is very good, the UK one I don't know.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

The US version is very good, the UK one I don't know.

I didn't know there was more than one? I mean whichever one has William H Macy.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Zerilan posted:

I didn't know there was more than one? I mean whichever one has William H Macy.

That's the US version. Prepare to crush hard on Emmy Rossum, though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also see Captain Vane try and suck his own dick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivisionPost posted:

That's the US version. Prepare to crush hard on Emmy Rossum, though.

I was doing that long before Shameless!

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Josh Lyman posted:

Best show on tv.

Annual reminder that The Americans is the actual best show on TV that people would enjoy watching if they gave it a chance (sorry Rectify).

Also Review with Forrest MacNeil is the best comedy no-one watches.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Two things would make this better. Make it subversive as gently caress by outwardly touting how great this surveillance and millions poured into tech are, while simultaneously showing how hosed up Chicago is getting because of it.

The preview trailer back howevermany months ago ended with APB beacons showing up unexpectedly all over the city. I'm hoping the show winds up taking that swerve and running with it to some messy places. On the other hand it could be "this is just as awesome as before!"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Going through Season 8 of 24 as I was trying to hype myself up for 24 Legacy and from the first few episodes, it looks like Jack is just tired of it all but I can't look away.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

It's awesome, but it will beat the holy poo poo out of you.

Seems true so far.

DivisionPost posted:

Prepare to crush hard on Emmy Rossum, though.

This too.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Going through Season 8 of 24 as I was trying to hype myself up for 24 Legacy and from the first few episodes, it looks like Jack is just tired of it all but I can't look away.

The new 24 is not very good so far, I was looking forward to it but it's fairly ho hum

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm gonna catch up with SHIELD and watch this season's episodes. It better not suck. :colbert:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why even set yourself up for that kind of disappointment

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I heard that it was pretty good, though the same people probably think Daredevil is A Good Show.

Especially since 24 is really bad this season.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 8, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

awwww no gently caress you

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Just own the fact that you enjoy really bad tv, BSam
We all have our lovely TV vices

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

Just own the fact that you enjoy really bad tv, BSam
We all have our lovely TV vices

I'm not embarrassed to admit that I watched Leverage and White Collar way longer than I should have.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah well I watched all of Dexter.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still haven't watched the last two episodes of Dexter. I waited 6 moths to watch the final episode of Lost, not falling for old bait and switch again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still have a season and a half of House to finish and I just couldn't take it any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

I still haven't watched the last two episodes of Dexter. I waited 6 moths to watch the final episode of Lost, not falling for old bait and switch again.

Counterpoint: Lost's ending was always going to alienate one side of the audience, the other half thought and still thinks that is was great. :colbert:

• Locked thread