Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else still unable to log into PSN? This is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Super awesome. These assholes just randomly decide I need to update my password to login, which is entirely contingent on email they are supposed to send me, which they never send and I've been waiting for 2 days. Their customer service has over an hour wait. I can't believe I pay for this service. gently caress Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Infamous just uses the internal sensors, the only non-VR game I can think of that uses the light for camera tracking is the original Playroom.

blue estate can use it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i was going to try psnow, but it requires a credit card for the free trial. i guess because they have a fantasy of someone using infinite 7 day trials? why not lock it to the console ID, a thing i am sure they can do. i can live without playing those few games on psnow i'm interested in anyway because the idea of giving sony personal info is laughable

Relin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 8, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they want you to forget you signed up though. they know what they are doing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relin posted:

i was going to try psnow, but it requires a credit card for the free trial. i guess because they have a fantasy of someone using infinite 7 day trials? why not lock it to the console ID, a thing i am sure they can do. i can live without playing those few games on psnow i'm interested in anyway
No its so they can automatically charge you for a month after you forget you signed up for the trial. Like every other subscription service that does free trials.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see. i've signed up for quite a few free trials in my time but never done that, but i can see how they'd want to exploit people. good old sony

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone else still unable to log into PSN? This is ridiculous.

I can log in but not only are my download speeds hovering around zero, I started downloading the 29 gb patch for Doom and it can't get past 10% in "preparing to download." The bullshit's piling up so fast you need wings to stay above it.

edit: getting 3 mb/s now, it'll take 6 hours for the patch but at least it's working.

edit 2: down to below 1 mb/s again, what the gently caress...

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 8, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Filthy Hans posted:

I can log in but not only are my download speeds hovering around zero, I started downloading the 29 gb patch for Doom and it can't get past 10% in "preparing to download." The bullshit's piling up so fast you need wings to stay above it.

edit: getting 3 mb/s now, it'll take 6 hours for the patch but at least it's working.

edit 2: down to below 1 mb/s again, what the gently caress...

"Preparing to download" is when it hashes the content already downloaded, it doesn't use internet but for a huge game like Doom it takes forever. PSN is still a garbage CDN though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Relin posted:

i see. i've signed up for quite a few free trials in my time but never done that, but i can see how they'd want to exploit people. good old sony

Literally every other service in the world offers a free trial and does the exact same thing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nioh: If you summon a visitor to fight a boss, make sure to kill some enemies instead of running straight for the boss. A visitor comes in with no charge on their spirit animal and fewer elixirs than they'll normally have (idk how it works exactly but I always arrived with 4, which felt pretty tight to get through the whole boss). Killing enemies will charge their spirit animal and hopefully drop some elixirs for them. Being able to use your spirit animal when the boss runs out of ki is really valuable, and you had to spend a cup to summon someone anyway, so you might as well make the most of it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OK is there anyway to turn off button press and all that poo poo noises in Miku future tone I don't play these games to hear TISHH TISHH TISHTISHHYISHH all the time

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Song options, under customization. Should be able to turn them off entirely.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thanks . I was going nuts and butts

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I live for the tish tish

Turning it off would be like Ulala not yelling chu and hey.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sefal posted:

This is a longshot and I don't believe/cannot be that it's the OG ps4 that's the problem. But does the metal slug anthology run better on the pro boost mode? no input lag?

Unlikely since the input lag was there in the PS2 version and they just emulated that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Super awesome. These assholes just randomly decide I need to update my password to login, which is entirely contingent on email they are supposed to send me, which they never send and I've been waiting for 2 days. Their customer service has over an hour wait. I can't believe I pay for this service. gently caress Sony.

Sort of a dumb question, but did you make sure the email is not in your spam folder? Sony emails sometimes default to my spam folder for no reason at all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looking forward to playing LittleBigPlanet 3 for 2 hours before Nioh comes in the mail

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

So I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 but I can definitely now see what every review I read meant with "tedious". I think it's just kind of tedious in general. The constant fights for no reason whatsoever that you can sorta kinda run away from but only if a random piece of scenery or a pedestrian doesn't magically block you, the seemingly endless amounts of cutscenes and conversations and so on and so forth.

Still a fun and enjoyable game so far but man, it is very tedious sometimes. I also don't think I've quite grasped the battle system yet despite playing for almost 10 hours now or something. I used to be able to beat all the dudes up no problemo and now in this new chapter I keep getting my rear end kicked because I just get stunlocked by everyone forever. They also don't explain equipment and weapons very well (or at all) but I suppose it's kind of self explanatory for the most part.

Last but not least, Mr. Shakedown has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure people are loving it for one reason or another but that is such a dumb mechanic I can't even comprehend it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

abraxas posted:

So I'm enjoying Yakuza 0 but I can definitely now see what every review I read meant with "tedious". I think it's just kind of tedious in general. The constant fights for no reason whatsoever that you can sorta kinda run away from but only if a random piece of scenery or a pedestrian doesn't magically block you, the seemingly endless amounts of cutscenes and conversations and so on and so forth.

Still a fun and enjoyable game so far but man, it is very tedious sometimes. I also don't think I've quite grasped the battle system yet despite playing for almost 10 hours now or something. I used to be able to beat all the dudes up no problemo and now in this new chapter I keep getting my rear end kicked because I just get stunlocked by everyone forever. They also don't explain equipment and weapons very well (or at all) but I suppose it's kind of self explanatory for the most part.

Last but not least, Mr. Shakedown has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure people are loving it for one reason or another but that is such a dumb mechanic I can't even comprehend it.
There's definitely a period in the middle of the game where the enemy difficulty suddenly jumps up and starts clobbering you until you get some new abilities to avoid being stunlocked better. It seems unique to 0 and I have often wondered what exactly went wrong with that.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

abraxas posted:

Did you get a charismatic autobiography and equip that?

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

What are the chances of a Horizon hardware bundle hitting the US? I see Europe has one.

Maybe I'll just wait for the pro benchmarks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would say 100% eventually but not at launch if it hasn't been announced by now.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Nioh is pretty much the best so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Artless Meat posted:

Did you get a charismatic autobiography and equip that?

Yeah, if you're getting beaten like a drum in Yakuza then it's probably because of that accessory, it jacks enemies' aggressiveness way, way up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

abraxas posted:

I stuck the game on easy and its making things a lot more tolerable. I'm really in it for the story and the laughs and I had WRONGLY assumed that this game went straight to fighting and into buildings without loading (turns out that's Yakuza 6) so yeah I can definitely agree with some of this.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
PS3 game I know, but how the gently caress did I waste so much time hunting bears in a Yakuza game? I know I could have left at any time, but for some reason, I was drawn to finishing out that questline.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Real hurthling! posted:

they want you to forget you signed up though. they know what they are doing.

Yeah but they could just do that through PayPal which they accept literally everywhere else in the PSN store including recurring PS+ subscription fees.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Yodzilla posted:

Nioh is pretty much the best so far.

Hell yeah! I took yesterday off to play it and the tiny day one patch meant even more play time :discourse:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

PS3 game I know, but how the gently caress did I waste so much time hunting bears in a Yakuza game? I know I could have left at any time, but for some reason, I was drawn to finishing out that questline.

Cause it's cool and manly and Taiga punches the bear really good.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wrong thread

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Oh poo poo, I had no idea Ys Origin is coming out in two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p84iejnWwA

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ghostinmyshell posted:

Oh poo poo, I had no idea Ys Origin is coming out in two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p84iejnWwA

Well I mean it came out a decade ago. And on Steam like 5 years ago.

I hope you playing the second half of Ys 1 three times.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have 5 games in my queue sitting on my table that I need to prioritize:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- MGS5: TPP
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

Nioh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ratchet and Clank will probably be the fastest, even if you do the new game+ loop

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

seiferguy posted:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- Ratchet & Clank

I've played all of those except for WOFF and they're all good, TPP is a surprisingly long game (40+ hours) and DS3 is probably 30+ so I would tackle R&C or Uncharted 4 before those

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

seiferguy posted:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- Ratchet & Clank

As someone with the same problem with even more games:

You could power through Uncharted 4 as its an inclusive experience.
WoFF and MGSV are long sprawling experiences that you probably don't want to marathon. You could get past the tutorials of both, then mix them with Ratchet and Clank when you need a break.
You know if you need to play Dark Souls 3 or not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you're gonna do DS3, you might as well wait til next month when the final dlc comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you're gonna do DS3, you might as well wait til next month when the final dlc comes out.

Wouldn't the DLC only be useful toward the end of the game?