Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Please, give all that you can to poor Michael

https://twitter.com/YoelRomeroMMA/status/829366165965266945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

EA UFC2 is 13 bucks on psn sale for ps4 right now if you're into that. I got on Jon Jones' tuf team as Chan Sung Jung and took out two people with spinning backfists so I got my moneys worth.

Edit: It's insane that they managed to make grappling and subs worse after EA UFC1

I was last on Team Tate as BJ Penn, which sounds about right circa 2017.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

wow

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hes so creepy lol. but in the fun style and not the cruz style

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

It certainly would appear that he spent a great deal of his service in the gym/behind a desk. Pretty sure a basic infantry role would ruin someone with his number of injuries. Goodbye knees and back etc.

Super happy that he's still contender material, its not a negative reflection on Bermudez that he went to sleep in round one, TKZ is just still very good.

I don't know anything about Korean mandatory military service but I bet famous athletes get special treatment.

Does their military have an esports team?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't know anything about Korean mandatory military service but I bet famous athletes get special treatment.

I know Boxer did a thing with the military when Brood War was still huge

edit:

quote:

After Lim joined the Republic of Korea Air Force, he started putting his fame to work. After a month and a half an Air Force pro-gaming team was created. Lim found some retired pro-gamers who joined the Air Force before him, including H.O.T-Forever, CLon, ChRh, fOru, Rage, Qoo, Sunny and MuMyung. Together they formed the first military pro-gaming team. Two months after the team was announced, ACE (Airforce Challenge E-sports) was official. ACE first played in the 2008 ShinHan Proleague, and has participated ever since.[needs update]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Good for him

Are there any in depth recent articles about his return and time off? Has he talked about if he kept up training other than keeping fit and being inspired by Dom?

I hate that you have to win 20+ fights in career mode just to get loving title shots. :argh:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Chichevache posted:

I hate that you have to win 20+ fights in career mode just to get loving title shots. :argh:

How handsome is your CAF?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

canoshiz posted:

I know Boxer did a thing with the military when Brood War was still huge

edit:

For some reason ACE is hilarious to me.

So is that Romero burn on Bisping!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Yoel no! This is too much....

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Super happy that he's still contender material, its not a negative reflection on Bermudez that he went to sleep in round one, TKZ is just still very good.

Bermudez knew he wasn't a technical enough striker to stay out of a brawl, or a tough enough brawler to beat TKZ at his own game, so he had to hope he was a good enough wrestler to get on top. It was the right strategy, he just came up short.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

As someone pointed out, reading it in Yoel's voice really makes it better.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Hahaha

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

...and the pitch! posted:

I think it's fairly common for military cadets who become draftable talents to be given deferrals or altered service, often in recruitment or public affairs. David Robinson from the San Antonio Spurs is a pretty interesting example of it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball).

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
david robinson is korean?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I thought TKZ had beefed a fair bit. He's definitely done a bit of lifting.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Ariel Helwani gets the scoop once again: Jared Cannonier is not Jewish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFksMWtgrgs&t=355s

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
going to be in brooklyn on saturday anyways, think they'll be selling tickets for megacheap?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bumpy Johnson posted:

Ariel Helwani gets the scoop once again: Jared Cannonier is not Jewish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFksMWtgrgs&t=355s

Nor is he Black Israelite

Just doing his own thing and pretty down to earth about it

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

Bermudez knew he wasn't a technical enough striker to stay out of a brawl, or a tough enough brawler to beat TKZ at his own game, so he had to hope he was a good enough wrestler to get on top. It was the right strategy, he just came up short.

TKZ's brawling definitely held up, and the counterwrestling was solid, but his attempt at head movement and movement in general wasn't really gelled.
The whole cocking his head to the outside and just keeping it there would be death against someone like McGregor. Not enough data to say where his chin is at now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant imagine his chin has gotten worse unless he decided to do heaps of hard sparring as part of his training for his come back.

Fair point though, he hasnt had it tested yet.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

TKZ's brawling definitely held up, and the counterwrestling was solid, but his attempt at head movement and movement in general wasn't really gelled.
The whole cocking his head to the outside and just keeping it there would be death against someone like McGregor. Not enough data to say where his chin is at now.

Luckily McGregor will never fight at featherweight again.

Or, quite possibly, the UFC.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ahahahaha Yoel owns

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Bisping is going to win.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

Bisping is going to win.

i wish

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I mean yeah probably not, but if he can avoid getting brutally knocked out I could see him getting yoel really gassed and unloading

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
there is a distinct possibility that bisping can outbox yoel on the outside for 5 rounds. yoel in rounds 4 and 5 would be genuinely pathetic. i wouldn't say it's a probability, yoel can cover distance and land shots with insane speed, but bisping is pretty loving good.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

me too

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I mean yeah probably not, but if he can avoid getting brutally knocked out I could see him getting yoel really gassed and unloading

i wish yoel was exactly hector lombard instead of a way better version of hector lombard

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yoel finishes people in the third round of three round fights all the time. The rest of the time, he wins by decision.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yoel doesn't really gas, but that's because he spends long amounts of time doing absolutely nothing.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Yoel doesn't really gas, but that's because he spends long amounts of time doing absolutely nothing.

He did definitely gas against Jacare, but that's because Jacare is a physical freak himself.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dangersim posted:

Bisping is going to win.

depends on if he's earned the respect of his son yet

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dangersim posted:

I recall him slowing down against Jacare and thought he was lucky it was only a three round fight. He's also never gone past three, but then I don't think Bisping stays awake that long so I guess it doesn't matter.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

big money big clit posted:

I recall him slowing down against Jacare and thought he was lucky it was only a three round fight. He's also never gone past three, but then I don't think Bisping stays awake that long so I guess it doesn't matter.

Jacare was gassed as poo poo as well. That was a weird fight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

He did definitely gas against Jacare, but that's because Jacare is a physical freak himself.

Yeah that's true I forgot about that. I remember he also went crazy trying to finish him in the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Yoel finishes people in the third round of three round fights all the time. The rest of the time, he wins by decision.

hes an obvious cheat but hes a ko threat big time for 3 rounds and also a ragdoll threat although he does seem like a dumb aggressive guy who might not have the best defense . i dont know if bisping is going to be able to outwork yoel but he has the guts and cardio to survive yoels best i think. hes kinda relying on taking over in the final 3 rounds, or yoel gassing from beating him up

• Locked thread