Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pomp posted:

tbh i would devour one of those if it was with good fried chicken and not kfc

There's always some actual restaurants that copy fast food products with "fancier" ingredients so I'm sure some fried chicken places will attempt it

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I've had the chizza (it's been out for a year already in Taiwan). It's okay. Pretty greasy, unsurprisingly.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's always some actual restaurants that copy fast food products with "fancier" ingredients so I'm sure some fried chicken places will attempt it

what is this, food for ants?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Panfilo posted:

Chicken is rapidly being adapted for structural components of food I noticed. KFC has that sandwich that uses chicken patties as a bun, and Taco Bell has a taco whose shell is a chicken patty.

My blood pressure twitches in anticipation for some Roadhouse type restaurant to use a reconstituted fried chicken patty as a wooden 'plank' on which appetizers are plated. Maybe eat my fries out of a chicken bucket.

No chicken rules, yo.

I cant wait to have soup in a chicken bowl

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Tortilla soup in a chicken bowl thick enough you could scoop out bits of chicken from the bottom without completely rupturing chicken integrity would be pretty baller.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Most of the meats at Subway in America are turkey-based
Italian BMT: turkey pepperoni, turkey salami, and turkey ham.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Chizza sounds like a racial slur, or something a punk in 80s dystopian fiction would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-adaowehIk

Panfilo posted:

Chicken is rapidly being adapted for structural components of food I noticed. KFC has that sandwich that uses chicken patties as a bun, and Taco Bell has a taco whose shell is a chicken patty.

My blood pressure twitches in anticipation for some Roadhouse type restaurant to use a reconstituted fried chicken patty as a wooden 'plank' on which appetizers are plated. Maybe eat my fries out of a chicken bucket.

No chicken rules, yo.
The naked chicken Chalupa at Taco Bell is really good (with the obvious caveat that it's Taco Bell, so it's really good for fast food.)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Tumblr has informed me that this is "Swedish banana pizza".

Banana slices, smoked ham an curry powder. It actually sort of works.

Most Swedish pizzerias have some kind of pizza with steak strips and bearnaise sauce.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The tacky wine glass really pulls it all together, imo.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My problem with KFC is eternally that it's all white meat.

The difference between white and dark meat is blood flow. Breasts should be white meat. Chickens don't fly much, are likely to never fly in a farm environment even without wingclipping, therefore not much bloodflow to the breast, therefore white meat. But legs and thighs and wings should be dark meat, because they're running around and flapping their wings and doing chicken things.

Every now and then I get KFC on a whim, and then bite into a thigh that's all white meat, and the wrongness of this will not leave me for months.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Panfilo posted:

I'll have my bloody mary garnished with a celery shaped chicken tender, please. You know what just replace the clamato with Buffalo sauce while you're at it.

If your Bloody Mary is made with Clamato it's a Bloody Caesar :eng101:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Panfilo posted:

Tortilla soup in a chicken bowl thick enough you could scoop out bits of chicken from the bottom without completely rupturing chicken integrity would be pretty baller.

Completely Ruptured Chicken Integrity was my roommate's band back in college, actually.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Chicken talk reminded me of these commercials for chicken brands that harp on and on about not using ANTIBIOTICS on their chicken.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Schubalts posted:

Chicken talk reminded me of these commercials for chicken brands that harp on and on about not using ANTIBIOTICS on their chicken.

Realize that this means that the chickens are raised in much better environments, not literally stewing in a swamp of poo poo, and that this helps reduce the number of new strands of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

It's legitimately a good thing, even if it costs more as a result.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Not sure what this is, but you sick fucks would probably call it a pizza.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only if it's on a chicken crust

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

I don't wanna rehash my own post but uh... kinda looks like the upper right of the loss.jpg I posted earlier

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

steinrokkan posted:

fuque monsieur

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Did somebody say chicken despair

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Alright sorry but I want one of these. I don't even know what I'd do with it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboRodent posted:

My problem with KFC is eternally that it's all white meat.

The difference between white and dark meat is blood flow. Breasts should be white meat. Chickens don't fly much, are likely to never fly in a farm environment even without wingclipping, therefore not much bloodflow to the breast, therefore white meat. But legs and thighs and wings should be dark meat, because they're running around and flapping their wings and doing chicken things.

Every now and then I get KFC on a whim, and then bite into a thigh that's all white meat, and the wrongness of this will not leave me for months.

Thighs/drums even at KFC taste completely different from white meat tho

I would even be so charitable as to say it tastes like dark meat

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

steinrokkan posted:

D'awwww! It's a baby Horta! :3:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's da huuuuuuuuudge.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Aesop Poprock posted:

Alright sorry but I want one of these. I don't even know what I'd do with it

Isn't there a burger shaped cat bed too?

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Oh, for the love of Todd! I'd rather hit a drive-thru fergodsakes. Do you have to hold out your pinky finger while you pick the pieces up? Or would peoples' monocles fly off their heads if they see you eat with your hands? :monocle:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aesop Poprock posted:

Plot twist: that plate is 5" across.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

CommonShore posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I heart bacon posted:

Oh, for the love of Todd! I'd rather hit a drive-thru fergodsakes. Do you have to hold out your pinky finger while you pick the pieces up? Or would peoples' monocles fly off their heads if they see you eat with your hands? :monocle:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
All this talk of KFC monstrosities and no one posted this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

"Hey Bill, I think that's the #wewantplates guy at table 11."
"Oh do I have something in store for him!"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Heh I actually meant to post "five feet" but it looks like I had my shift key down. Just as good.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

I can really appreciate the french fry Jenga so that the meal could last a couple minutes longer.

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I was smiling and laughing at this page right up until that image.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Name brand nesquik, store brand mayo.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Data Graham posted:

It's da huuuuuuuuudge.

nice

:cry:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

That's Hellmann's in a different part of the country. This person spared no expense.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Data Graham posted:

It's da huuuuuuuuudge.

I got that reference.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Yawgmoth posted:

Hellman's is known as Best Foods west of the Rockies.

Source: I live on the West Coast.

It still doesn't excuse that abomination of a drink? Smoothie? (all of that soybean oil will make things pretty smooth, I'm guessing).

[Edit: beaten]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hirayuki posted:

That's Hellmann's in a different part of the country. This person spared no expense.
This thread teaches me so many things.