Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gejnor posted:

They've mentioned every army with an 8th ed army book will appear in the game, though rumours say that even more things will be added such as the Chaos Dwarfs who already have a few models in the game.

Theres also a considerable demand for minor factions such as Kislev and Tilea to become playable and i think CA said something along the lines of "we want to finish all the major armies first" rather than a flat out no, but its still not confirmed of course.

Also Squigs be in.

could be Dogs of War as an alternative horde-type army!! that technically counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

When I think of Warhammer Fantasy I think of Squigs, Lizardmen, Skavens and Tomb Kings. It's a bit weird they're getting the more 'boring' races out of the way first but I hope they do carry on adding armies

Giving people human/fairly "traditional TW" armies from the start probably helped smooth the transition into a fantasy setting.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new make war not love page is up

https://www.makewarnotlove.com/

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lassitude posted:

A CA person said later in that thread:

So yeah, not only have players already figured out how to hack maps in, but CA is also working to make it easier for people to add custom maps to the campaign anyway. Pretty great news.

We'll soon have a unique, lore friendly battlemap for every settlement in the game :allears:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man, if we get tons of maps like this it's gonna own:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860374284

Obviously thats imbalanced as gently caress and probably impossible to take but yeah, if we get tons of cool poo poo like that this is gonna be sweet.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

queeb posted:

Obviously thats imbalanced as gently caress and probably impossible to take but yeah, if we get tons of cool poo poo like that this is gonna be sweet.

That looks awful. Having multiple avenues of attack is an important design point in maps, even city defense maps. This is just a long narrow bridge that will be lined with warriors and ironbreakers and will be a horrible slog to get through unless you have enough fliers. Sure, it looks cool but it would be so boring to play

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kaza42 posted:

That looks awful. Having multiple avenues of attack is an important design point in maps, even city defense maps. This is just a long narrow bridge that will be lined with warriors and ironbreakers and will be a horrible slog to get through unless you have enough fliers. Sure, it looks cool but it would be so boring to play

Bridge maps have always totally ruled in TW games

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
^ heck yes. Bridge maps have always been great fun even if a 'slog'.

Kaza42 posted:

Lol wind of death on the bridge mmm. Magic severely breaks choke point camping and it is GREAT

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm just sayin it'll be sweet to fight on some non flat maps. And against more than just a flat wall.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The more I play it the more convinced I become that the Chaos vs. VC matchup is pretty much unwinnable in multiplayer. Crypt Horrors are way too good at what they do.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Nanomashoes posted:

The more I play it the more convinced I become that the Chaos vs. VC matchup is pretty much unwinnable in multiplayer. Crypt Horrors are way too good at what they do.

3-4 halberds? VC is really hard to deal with with zombie spam for any faction though

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

V for Vegas posted:

Bridge maps have always totally ruled in TW games

That's the setpiece Battle of Stamford bridge, right? That battle was a mess.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Here's the actual explanation of the Make War Not Love thing this year.

http://www.pcgamer.com/sega-make-war-not-love-4-tournament-finals-to-take-place-at-the-pc-gamer-weekender/

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Nanomashoes posted:

Chaos and Greenskins can't win against competent VC in MP.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh yeah, speaking of Dark Omen, there's a theory floating around that the "Old Friend" teaser in the upcoming DLC list is Morgan Bernhardt and/or the Grudgebringers. That would be hella baller, but unlikely

edit: comedy option Nagash we end times now

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 10, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

They're probably saving Isabella/Gotrek&Felix for a hero dlc. I've read that there's code for unique heroes in there.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RentACop posted:

Oh yeah, speaking of Dark Omen, there's a theory floating around that the "Old Friend" teaser in the upcoming DLC list is Morgan Bernhardt and/or the Grudgebringers. That would be hella baller, but unlikely

edit: comedy option Nagash we end times now

I remember when Nagash first showed up and people were like "Awesome, that guy will be a great villain and we can get away from Chaos for a bit!"

What fools we were.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They better use old model Nagash or I am gonna be mad.

wiegieman posted:

They're probably saving Isabella/Gotrek&Felix for a hero dlc. I've read that there's code for unique heroes in there.

I think the Old Friend will be Krell, I am also willing to bet that the extra prize in case TWW wins will be the Hero DLC, or at least the Green Knight.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

ZearothK posted:

I think the Old Friend will be Krell, I am also willing to bet that the extra prize in case TWW wins will be the Hero DLC, or at least the Green Knight.

Green knight is already part of the Brettonia release judging by the prerelease art, and I'd put money on an old friend being Kurt Helborg

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
There any truth to the rumor that Mousillon and Middenheim are going to be added to the campaign as alternate starts?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Is there any way to stop my terrified enemies from spamming peace treaty offers at me every turn?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

destroy them

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

There any truth to the rumor that Mousillon and Middenheim are going to be added to the campaign as alternate starts?

middenheim seems very likely considering his weapon gives campaign stats.

I havent seen any evidence for mousillon but it sure makes sense

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

queeb posted:

This map is actually really fun to fight on, provided you're defending. I can't imagine playing it against actual humans, but it could force an interesting focus on air units, I guess. Really, though, it's just for watching insane carnage thanks to artillery spam, and it does that really well. A single dwarf 40 stack army vs 4 greenskin 40 stacks? Sure why not. Watch the flame cannons all get 600+ kills.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mukip posted:

Chaos and Greenskins can't win against competent VC in MP.

It's cool that they just keep buffing VC for some reason.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nanomashoes posted:

It's cool that they just keep buffing VC for some reason.

Chaos being played up as a huge apocalyptic threat but unable to stand toe to toe with other headliners in a straight fight is like the most TT accurate thing in this game.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

There's also a Helm's Deep map released on the workshop too.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Haha a game that is offering actual dlc instead of just a pile of ingame cash/boosters winning a mlnw, that's a good one.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I wish there was an undead or skeleton unit who would wear skeleton masks. Or alternatively living human masks. Like they want to look like the living but it's obvious that it's fake.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

dumb and kinda scared posted:

I wish there was an undead or skeleton unit who would wear skeleton masks. Or alternatively living human masks. Like they want to look like the living but it's obvious that it's fake.

That's more a 40K thing with the Flayed ones.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

My TWWH experience won't be complete until I have run over Nagash with a steam tank.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Cardiac posted:

My TWWH experience won't be complete until I have run over Nagash with a doomwheel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tiler Kiwi posted:

My TWWH experience won't be complete until I have run over Nagash with a doomwheel that subsequently explodes in the middle of my own ranks, losing me the battle.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm just excited to get some interesting terrain features going on. I didn't realize how many maps amounted to open terrain with varying elevation until I saw people having some really interesting fights in canyon maps and stuff.

I'm playing Attila again lately and forgot how fun town defenses with that game were (when you had double garrisons and deployables).

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Plan Z posted:

I'm playing Attila again lately and forgot how fun town defenses with that game were (when you had double garrisons and deployables).

Really everything about sieges was better in Rome/Attila in my opinion. As annoying as choke points were, I feel like it's worse in Warhammer since there's essentially only one avenue of attack, towers are stupid powerful, and there aren't other layers of defense to fall back on. It was fun to defend cities with garrisons that couldn't possibly man all of the walls so you had to prioritize what to defend and have troops fall back to some other choke point or defensible position eventually. I also found assaulting those cities more satisfying since you could do stuff like sneak a unit over to some other gate, let in your cavalry, and surprise the defenders from some other angle. Amphibious siege landings were a lot of fun too.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Asehujiko posted:

Haha a game that is offering actual dlc instead of just a pile of ingame cash/boosters winning a mlnw, that's a good one.

I just paid attention to last year, but it was offering the Slav DLC for Attila, and Dawn of War 2 won, giving away the Necron Overlord which was a ten bucks DLC. But then CoH2 won previous contests if I got it right, and that game only has boosters as small DLCs, so...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

I just paid attention to last year, but it was offering the Slav DLC for Attila, and Dawn of War 2 won, giving away the Necron Overlord which was a ten bucks DLC. But then CoH2 won previous contests if I got it right, and that game only has boosters as small DLCs, so...

COH2's DLC is overpriced Commanders and skins, yeah. Threw my lot in with Warhams this year, fingers crossed.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here it is, the official announcement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvbDZAhYDo

An update to the mapmaker will let you put in custom maps anywhere you want in the campaign map!!!

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gejnor posted:

An update to the mapmaker will let you put in custom maps anywhere you want in the campaign map!!!
Well, I've never been more happy to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gejnor posted:

Here it is, the official announcement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvbDZAhYDo

From what I understand, this is the first time they've supported this since Med2, right?

• Locked thread