Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/status/828696983271415808

Any guesses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sub-Zero.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

His previously deleted tweets were of Green Arrow so that's who I'm betting for.

None of those dead characters are anything special to me although I would prefer Kyle Raynor over Hal Jordan, and was holding out hope that Beast Boy would appear.

The only dead character I really need back is Shazam. Really need those spinning atomic drops and sick thunderbolt combos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'd pay good money for a Guy Gardner to replace Hal.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Still no beta invite! I wonder if my bae catwoman will make it back in...

E; I can't believe this is still on youtube. I was adorable back before I knew how to make a not poo poo combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bTeKXIyfDw

EE: I am super stoked for goon rooms

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 7, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

His previously deleted tweets were of Green Arrow so that's who I'm betting for.

None of those dead characters are anything special to me although I would prefer Kyle Raynor over Hal Jordan, and was holding out hope that Beast Boy would appear.

The only dead character I really need back is Shazam. Really need those spinning atomic drops and sick thunderbolt combos.

He wrote Green Arrow a bunch in the first Injustice comic.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Shazam might not be back but Mary Marvel or CM3 both seem possible.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I'd pay good money for a Guy Gardner to replace Hal.

Also use the red lantern version of Guy so we get some sweet blood chainsaw action.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looks like whatever was being revealed today has been pushed back to next week instead. However, there will be a Watchtower stream tomorrow which shows new gameplay and possibly a returning character.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I was looking forward to reveal today too :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

New Watchtower gameplay stream today at 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST. Maybe they'll send out more beta codes? They will likely reveal a new beta character to try; no guarantee of any new character reveals.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Little tidbit in the stream: hinting that Green Lantern's special equips may be different rings. Small chance we could actually get different color rings for his custom abilities. Forgot if Sinestro is dead or not but would make sense for a Parallax skin.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Black Canary is getting added to the beta by the end of the week. More codes should go out around then.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Since his beta vids are pretty good, here's some ridiculous Superman gameplay from Maximilian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbYIrPYwNtU

I know he's Superman but jeez, those 2 or 3 basic combos along with the lasers. Think maybe he should get toned down a bit but how the gently caress do you tone down Superman.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

I know he's Superman but jeez, those 2 or 3 basic combos along with the lasers. Think maybe he should get toned down a bit but how the gently caress do you tone down Superman.

You don't. Superman was consecutively nerfed over and over in the first game and he was never worse than high tier. The way his moveset works he just can't be bad.

That said him being strong isn't a bad thing, hes incredibly fun to play as he can do everything.

*ed*

Also if you want beta vids please watch forever king or reo or something over people like loving maximillian.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

Also if you want beta vids please watch forever king or reo or something over people like loving maximillian.
a few nights ago, when blue beetle had just come out, cdjr and sonicfox were running a ton of blue beetle vs superman sets and talking mad poo poo and it was entertaining as all hell.

they had about 150 viewers. maximillian had like nine thousand just playing ranked and being loving awful.

be the change you want to see in the world.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

cams posted:

a few nights ago, when blue beetle had just come out, cdjr and sonicfox were running a ton of blue beetle vs superman sets and talking mad poo poo and it was entertaining as all hell.

they had about 150 viewers. maximillian had like nine thousand just playing ranked and being loving awful.

be the change you want to see in the world.

So do you guys find him annoying or is it just because he's not as good as the top tier players? I'll admit I used to find him more entertaining than I do now, but I don't outright hate the man like everybody else seems to.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

PSWII60 posted:

So do you guys find him annoying or is it just because he's not as good as the top tier players? I'll admit I used to find him more entertaining than I do now, but I don't outright hate the man like everybody else seems to.

Personally I don't like how he's the "voice of the community" when hes nothing more than a shill. He will play NRS games as long as it keeps making him ad money on youtube and will drop it the second he can. I wish someone more respectable had his audience.

And yes, max is bad at games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

At least actually post other videos instead?

Anyway here's a pretty good match of SFox's Canary vs Superman. She looks like she's got really good combos and the canary cry works really well against zoners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbZADigCZk

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 11, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

There's an hour long set between SonicFox's Canary and Slayer's Superman on Youtube but it's commentated by two britsh guys instead of having the stream dialogue :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
HOLY poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKZNHiva7dc
:stare:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
when the swamp drains back

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whew thank god the thread title is now validated. Swamp Thing looks like he'll be replacing Martian Manhunter on the "green shapeshifter" front, seems like a really cool character. Like the Noob Saibot poo poo he can do, he kind of reminds me of Glacius too? Slow plodding pace, teleports and shapeshifting.

All I need now is a surprise Etrigan the Demon.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
He's got like a Grundy meets Noob kinda thing going. Looks pretty rad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

whew thank god the thread title is now validated. Swamp Thing looks like he'll be replacing Martian Manhunter on the "green shapeshifter" front, seems like a really cool character. Like the Noob Saibot poo poo he can do, he kind of reminds me of Glacius too? Slow plodding pace, teleports and shapeshifting.

All I need now is a surprise Etrigan the Demon.

Oh poo poo. Etrigan would be a fantastic choice for this kind of game.

Give him snarky-rear end rhyming intros for each character.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Have they shown any gameplays vids of Pam yet? I know they revealed her, but i can't find anything of her doing punching n' stuff. I am assuming that she and Swamp Thing are gonna be teamed up on the whole nature thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

those are some inspired animations i'll give 'em that

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Have they shown any gameplays vids of Pam yet? I know they revealed her, but i can't find anything of her doing punching n' stuff. I am assuming that she and Swamp Thing are gonna be teamed up on the whole nature thing.

nothing for Bane or Ivy yet even though both are listed on the site. The biggest new reveals left are probably Freeze, Ivy, Scarecrow, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, and Cheetah.

The 9 DLC characters, one of which includes a loving MK character, hasn't been hinted at yet. I'm still betting on Spectre, Etrigan, Shazam, Prometheus, Terra, and Constantine.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The MK character will probably be Sub-Zero, after Scorpion was in the last one.

Also I'd expect a Rock-version of Black Adam since he's signed on to play the character in some DC movie, and any chance to bring in The Rock should be taken imo.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'd love it if they did Shao Kahn for the guest character, since he hasn't been playable in the latest MKs.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it should be liu kang so they can make a black lantern alt to do the zombie liu kang thing yet again

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HMS Beagle posted:

I'd love it if they did Shao Kahn for the guest character, since he hasn't been playable in the latest MKs.

Shao Kahn is too powerful honestly. So naturally they need to have his opening animation be him taking a 5UP3R pill and then killing Zod with one punch.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

As happy as I am Swamp Thing is in this one, in the comic didn't he end up trapped in hell? I wonder if they'll explain that.

I kind of hope the guy who wrote those amazing profiles explaining the characters comes back for the new characters in this one

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

As happy as I am Swamp Thing is in this one, in the comic didn't he end up trapped in hell? I wonder if they'll explain that.

I kind of hope the guy who wrote those amazing profiles explaining the characters comes back for the new characters in this one

Considering the people available pulling someone out of Hell is pretty drat easy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Swamp Thing looks bad rear end. Thank god he's not just a reskin of Poison Ivy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Really diggin the unique voiced intros for everyone

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Do you still have links to those profiles? They were interesting, and a decent chunk of the cast is returning.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ol swampers looking pretty dang good, love the range on everything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Oh hey, you did profiles for Injustice too? Can you link to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not surprised to see NRS sticking to their guns in making Superman the best character in the game twice in a row.

It's too bad cool new interesting characters like Swampthang and Black Canary are going to probably just end up being *ok* but chances are you'll still just end up fighting Superman online every second or third match.

• Locked thread