Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There are dedicated eye rolling emoticons.

:itoilet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

E: Hard please fix melee kills through the Mira window.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
^^ Should be fixed in the next patch.

Bois just so were crystal clear I'm not taking any of this personally so feel free to poo poo on this terrible game that you're all still playing.

As so many of you said, you bitch because you care and thats why i'm still around.

The day I'll consider someone a lost cause is the day i'll put that someone on ignore and it has yet to happen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Speaking of bugs, I heard that there will be PTS somewhere in the future, confirm/deny?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Mira's helmet is not part of her hitbox, please do not give blitz the same treatment.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:laffo:

E: Hard please fix melee kills through the Mira window.

I reflexively melee'd a Mira window from the outside and hit the tank with one shot am I going to get banned?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I reflexively melee'd a Mira window from the outside and hit the tank with one shot am I going to get banned?
No

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think the vector is well done. The numbers on it are insane but it's so off the chain you'll be empty in a second with half the holes above the guy. And those numbers don't matter if you're good enough to just pop people in the head anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

drat, I was hoping to be free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSds7fGL0c

Hard, did anyone...test the window before release?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Can Mira place a mirror on a wall and then have it reinforced and the mirror be okay? (Unlike a Jager or example)
I might try it to avoid dumb rear end pubs putting the reinforcement facing the wrong way for the mirro

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Thats a silly question :)

theres about 10 reasons on why such an obvious issue went live, it sucks but hey, *videogames*.

It'll get fixed soon and then there will be something else.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Can Mira place a mirror on a wall and then have it reinforced and the mirror be okay? (Unlike a Jager or example)
I might try it to avoid dumb rear end pubs putting the reinforcement facing the wrong way for the mirro

You can't reinforce a wall with a window on in. You get a prompt to do so, but when you try to do it, nothing happens.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Thats a silly question :)

theres about 10 reasons on why such an obvious issue went live, it sucks but hey, *videogames*.

It'll get fixed soon and then there will be something else.

There is always something else. I hope they pay you well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

It's not an issue it's a feature.

Also chill the gently caress out guys, :deal with it: is pretty tame coming from me considering the amount of crying some of you can produce.

Come on, in what world does "hth" indicate people having a go at you? :v:

I mean, no one's holding you responsible for it, it's just a dumb thing and saying "it's a feature not a bug" doesn't somehow fix the fact that it's a really dumb feature. :v: You're just the friendly neighbourhood Ubi rep so you get to hear people complaining.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:jerkbag:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Lemon-Lime posted:

Come on, in what world does "hth" indicate people having a go at you? :v:

I mean, no one's holding you responsible for it, it's just a dumb thing and saying "it's a feature not a bug" doesn't somehow fix the fact that it's a really dumb feature. :v: You're just the friendly neighbourhood Ubi rep so you get to hear people complaining.

j'tais serieux though, Epi officially communicating that it was intended and that they are going to change the ''universal'' nomenclature to make it clearer means that it was intended.

Now will it remain like that after the complains? Your guess is as good as mine bruh :shrug:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard, I assume some computer somewhere keeps track of name changes?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Kikas posted:

You can't reinforce a wall with a window on in. You get a prompt to do so, but when you try to do it, nothing happens.

dumb and bad. At least let me break it. I pushed the wrong button and messed up the whole defense

fix your game hard :qq:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hard, I assume some computer somewhere keeps track of name changes?

We do yeah but try this.
https://www.r6db.com/

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The increased amount of players is making me feel like I'm good at the game cause they keep walking into my Kapkan traps.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I think people are playing way more free and loose lately. It could be just a lot of new players though.

Operator selection seems to be a lot more varied, every round doesn't have thermite and thatcher anymore. Wall breaches aren't even as big a deal with Mira windows dictating the flow of the attack and Hibana is a nice alternative to Thermite either way.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Rainbow six is a good game thanks hard

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Hard posted:

We do yeah but try this.
https://www.r6db.com/

Neat, I didn't know this was a thing.

Blackbeard and Mute are my two most used operators but interestingly enough I have the highest K/D and W/L with IQ. Huh.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

The increased amount of players is making me feel like I'm good at the game cause they keep walking into my Kapkan traps.

Oh yeah, tell me about it! I got 3/3 on my Kapkan traps in a round the other day, before the update hit. :clint:
(I keep telling myself it's skill on my part...but in my heart I know it ain't true :saddowns:)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Who is the moron that thought it's a good idea to put "remove friend" under "join game" in uplay ? Seriously how loving incompetent is the uplay team?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I remember playing with some goons a little while back and seeing a Kapkan trap at the bottom of a window on Favela when I was peeking around the edges to see if anyone was hiding

...as a team mate started climbing through no no no NO

RIP

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Gonna change my uplay nick to IceOlbermann and just respond to all these people with "Resist! Peace! ^5"

Though that might trigger them more.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I wish there was a mode I could play that somewhat regulated the enemy skill level I'm up against. Casual, it's either a complete slaughter cause one guy in our team just aces every round (which makes me not want to play since I don't end up doing anything), or it's a fairly balanced game that is the best fun, or we just get steamrolled cause the enemy is so much better than us.

If I play ranked and am poo poo, will it rank me against people who I actually have a chance against?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

Who is the moron that thought it's a good idea to put "remove friend" under "join game" in uplay ? Seriously how loving incompetent is the uplay team?

Yeah, why is Join Game not at the top? Who the hell puts it between Block and Remove Friend.

edit: Why does remove friend not have a loving confirmation, either?

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 10, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Tonight I realized the inside outside light fuckery makes the laser really hard to see on most doors to the outside

Qubee
May 31, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tonight I realized the inside outside light fuckery makes the laser really hard to see on most doors to the outside

Same happens when you're a defender. Some maps have really awful glare so whole sections of the room are just bathed in iris scorching angelic light. I was defending as Tachanka and 1/3 of the room to my left was just blinding. Just my luck that it turned out to be the one area of the room that was breached, so I died because I could barely see the peeking attackers.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

servers just died :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Loopoo posted:

If I play ranked and am poo poo, will it rank me against people who I actually have a chance against?

that's the idea

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I can totally understand why people who bought skins might be miffed that support for them is now discontinued, especially since I don't recall that being mentioned anywhere. At the same time, I think the reasoning behind it is perfectly justified, I don't think it really counts as having your money stolen out of your pocket since you still get 28 characters to put them on, and I much prefer CTU-specific skins to universal ones so I'm not really bothered.

And I really thought the skins were applied to the weapons programmatically :cmon: Some of them certainly look so bad that I can't imagine they were put together by hand

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

From development point of view, most likely the entire thing is grounded on the fact that skins with complex textures need to be manually checked on each weapon for compliance. So, on year 5 there would be like a room full of Ubisoft designers flipping through 257 skins that could be potentially applied to the RPG-7 gadget of the new Ukrainian operator Kiborg.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This video makes me think - does operator height even play a role in the game? Like, do taller operators have their view placed higher? Cause Mira is the shortest one, and height seems like a thing in regards to the window.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

afkmacro posted:

servers just died :(

Argh, is there any ETA on the UPlay servers coming back up again? I tried checking the Ubisoft news pages for Aus and UK, however they all give runtime errors, so I'm assuming all things Siege are down. Great timing, as always; peak Aus gaming-time on a Friday night...

EDIT1: Ah, it's finally back up again! Thanks for reacting to my post so quickly, before even writing a reply, Hard! :v:

EDIT2: Wait, nevermind - easy come, easy go. I can connect to UPlay and get into the game now, but I can't connect to Siege's servers. Ubi! :arghfist::saddowns:
(Jesus, must I go through all five stages of grief, before being allowed to play Siege tonight? :v:)

EDIT3: It's back! Now, time to get some rounds in, before it dies again! And for gently caress's sake, tell the boys in the server room to properly tuck the ethernet cables in! No more tripping over them and causing them to disconnect, please! :D

EDIT4: Down again, before even finishing matchmaking... :smithicide:
Urgh, I think I've finally reached the 'acceptance' stage of grief. Tomorrow it is, then.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 10, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kikas posted:

This video makes me think - does operator height even play a role in the game? Like, do taller operators have their view placed higher? Cause Mira is the shortest one, and height seems like a thing in regards to the window.
Everyone is the same height in game. Otherwise you would have a gameplay issues of all sorts, especially considering that, say, Sledge is a foot taller than Mira.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

From development point of view, most likely the entire thing is grounded on the fact that skins with complex textures need to be manually checked on each weapon for compliance. So, on year 5 there would be like a room full of Ubisoft designers flipping through 257 skins that could be potentially applied to the RPG-7 gadget of the new Ukrainian operator Kiborg.

Kiborg sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Kiborg sounds awesome
That's Ukrainian for cyborg, nickname given to Ukrainian troops participating in the siege of Donetsk airport in late 2014.

• Locked thread