Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Wow, I think I have this Magazine. It's more for the Command and Conquer than anything else though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
heres some retarded dreams they are for some reason working on now as opposed to literally anything else.

quote:

[Ship start up system, will it be more elaborate? Will there be a remote start option?] Calix worked with Zane on this, essentially they want people to be able to manually start up and do the exact order of inputs as you want. So if you’re trying to do a super stealthy set up you’ll have to do it differently then if you did it regularly or need a particular component like shields when you’re under fire, you would want to do it manually, automatic will still be a baseline and they want to explore different to do it. The Generic Use system is great because it gives them the option to fine tune various aspects of the ship. Once that system is fleshed out then they can really get going on the manual start up aspect.

How would you feel having to grabby hands shitloads of levers and buttons just to turn on your chariot.

Edit: just realized that they arent currently working on it they are looking for someone to code it for them. Just layer it on to their amazing ideas.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 10, 2017

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Funding so far in 2017 is lackluster compared to the previous two years, but the comparison is arguably unfair because we have yet to see any major sales events this year.

However, new account signups are slowing even compared to early 2015, which may not be a good sign. The huge influx in 2016 was due to the announcement of the SQ42 package split.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I do some volunteer work at the local Salvation Army Op Shop and was please to see this picture of Hummity (is that the right name).

Looks like he is feel less like death and more like love on that 3.0 planet in the verse.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
In response to someone stating that other games are games.

quote:

Because other games are going for the lowest common denominator. Star Citizen is going for the best of the best.

In other words: Those other games are poo poo.

That and you clearly don't know what an alpha is if you continued on with that rant.

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

TrustmeImLegit posted:

In response to someone stating that other games are games.

Star Citizen will always be Alpha, because all the other games are beta cucks.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Maybe development is too open? For moving from the dark of no open development into the light of most open development:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg&t=182s

:psypop: :psypop: :psypop:

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 10, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Legman's terminator girlfriend's name is Cassie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4JZqhAy-M

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yeah I mean people were pissed that nothing tangible existed yet but that's not because they were promised anything you know its because they didn't tell everyone "hey you might be doing this cool stuff in 2 years" and they only got money because they love chris roberts and not because it was a bullshot trailer meant to deceive and trick people into putting money in the project and I can say with 100% confidence that its not a scam and that everyone KNEW that the project was late but they were okay with it despite not being okay with it because everyone was pissed and furthermore

;-)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

boviscopophobic posted:

Funding so far in 2017 is lackluster compared to the previous two years, but the comparison is arguably unfair because we have yet to see any major sales events this year.

However, new account signups are slowing even compared to early 2015, which may not be a good sign. The huge influx in 2016 was due to the announcement of the SQ42 package split.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

lol

e: sorry, I'll contextualise that a bit

:lol:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 10, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I'm the checbox for CR approved unapproved approved (~7:49)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Everytime I see a refund, it makes me happy someone saved their money from being wasted :)

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
kill jester

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
I kind of want to kickstart a similar game and see how quick I could get all the same functionality out.

Whos in?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Legman's terminator girlfriend's name is Cassie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4JZqhAy-M

I like it. It's like the Chinese dollar store knock off of ED-209.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Janitor's get up for work!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

A fair assessment of the situation

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

VealCutlet posted:

Lock up Tophat

I'm already locked in and in the upright position, I know how to handle a crash

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgzG8pupa0

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I think a bad virus would be something that basically crippled your internet connection. In the future, communication is going to be vitally important and any lapse may cause untold issues.

From people not able to watch movies, to financial transactions being stalled out because all the bandwidth is used up.

I think CIG is well on their way! They know virus development! Just wait until it gets out of alpha and infects untold hundreds!

Traveller was an RPG written by Marc Miller back in the 1980s; basic science fiction fare that I hugely enjoyed. Kickstarted the fifth edition and ended up facebook friends with Marc, which is geeky as all hell.

Sometime in the late 90s, they decided to 'advance the timeline' a bit, and created a virus that managed to transfer itself from starship to starship, killing the crew and roaming the stars looking for other ships to infect. 'Vampire fleets' if you will. This effectively locks humanity down to the planets it came from, unable to trust a lot of the computers.

I thought this was _fascinating_ as an idea. Player characters were now operating in the twilight of empires, avoiding the old technology, or doing 'smash and grabs' to obtain things from degenerate human societies and the occasional rogue AI.

While the themes are all there in science fiction, this was one of the most original twists that I'd seen in a while.

Foo Diddley posted:

Okay but gently caress you in advance for making me click on a Trump thread

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
"ChristianPost.com is the nation's most comprehensive Christian news website and was launched in March 2004, incorporated with the vision of delivering up-to-date news, information, and commentaries relevant to Christians across denominational lines."

I wonder if they realise how many of the Ten Commandments Crobbers has already broken?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/star-citizen-2-6-1-ptu-patch-notes-news-mega-map-now-in-effect-174586/

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

Not broken, Chris IS god

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

Broken - The worshipping of idols through jpegs of ships

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

Traveller was an RPG written by Marc Miller back in the 1980s; basic science fiction fare that I hugely enjoyed. Kickstarted the fifth edition and ended up facebook friends with Marc, which is geeky as all hell.

Sometime in the late 90s, they decided to 'advance the timeline' a bit, and created a virus that managed to transfer itself from starship to starship, killing the crew and roaming the stars looking for other ships to infect. 'Vampire fleets' if you will. This effectively locks humanity down to the planets it came from, unable to trust a lot of the computers.

I thought this was _fascinating_ as an idea. Player characters were now operating in the twilight of empires, avoiding the old technology, or doing 'smash and grabs' to obtain things from degenerate human societies and the occasional rogue AI.

While the themes are all there in science fiction, this was one of the most original twists that I'd seen in a while.

Sounds like System Shock / Portal was inspired from it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Why is christian news writing about an incremental patch to an alpha video game?

I mean besides CIG paying them.

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Why is christian news writing about an incremental patch to an alpha video game?

Looking for new suckers to hoover in.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Getting ready for the Jesus patch

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

his nibs posted:

:golfclap:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

his nibs posted:

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Dank

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Da haben wir schon was vorbereitet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3IWFLFHbk
(It's german humor)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

(It's german humor)

The sickening and heartbreaking truths

:negative:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

lol look at this guy, he's gonna boycott google.

And the people that run the servers for Star Citizen.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

im the one rag doll that flys off the edge

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

Sounds like System Shock / Portal was inspired from it.

System Shock might have been contemporary with Traveller:TNE. I suspect that Portal owes more to System Shock in terms that GlaDOS is a subversion of the evil AI. I'm not a fan of Portal the game, but Portal the story in the game is pretty drat awesome.

Another cute concept was the bank from Pratchett's early sci-fi outings. This was effectively a planet that had become accidentally sentient through an arrangement of crystals in the crust, and had offered to become a galactic bank.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Tank Boy Ken posted:

(It's german humor)

im guessing forklift simulator and a crate glitches out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

And the people that run the servers for Star Citizen.

Google was running them until very recently. Probably still runs them even, did they make the switch yet?