Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Barry posted:

The crew configurations on the American heavy line are absolutely infuriating, especially when you mix in a Patriot to act (partially) as a crew trainer.

You're a braver man than me. While I'd like to have the Patriot just for the AMERICA, gently caress YEAH! factor, they draw fire like a goddamned magnet. Especially when there are three arties just itching for a kill.

Got to play a few maps today with no arty and my god, how much fun they can be. You can really go everywhere and stretch your legs instead of being relegated to the well worn paths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
More #luchsthings: Doing 2k damage in a tier 4 match and then dying to the last enemy because you flip your tank over trying to circle him.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nordick posted:

More #luchsthings: Doing 2k damage in a tier 4 match and then dying to the last enemy because you flip your tank over trying to circle him.

Its a rough lyfe being a thug.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Quickybaby made a video about the Type4/5's new howitzer

:smith:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
50 wins out of 70 battles, overall WN8 3212.

Stats status: Padded.

A fruitful evening of tanks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Had a match as top-tier in my Type 4 on the test server, and it was ruined by a pair of extremely butthurt russians.

Well...not "ruined"...more "spiced up".

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Had a match as top-tier in my Type 4 on the test server, and it was ruined by a pair of extremely butthurt russians.

Well...not "ruined"...more "spiced up".

I've tried really hard these past few weeks to get biters like that. Seems to be getting more and more difficult to get this player base riled up. God bless you, and your success.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

You're a braver man than me. While I'd like to have the Patriot just for the AMERICA, gently caress YEAH! factor, they draw fire like a goddamned magnet. Especially when there are three arties just itching for a kill.

Got to play a few maps today with no arty and my god, how much fun they can be. You can really go everywhere and stretch your legs instead of being relegated to the well worn paths

I've played about 50 battles in it and haven't really felt like I've been targeted by arty more than normal. I think it's possible that I play it with that in mind but still, it doesn't seem like a total arty magnet.

I also have the non-patriot version because the MURICA version is so drat gaudy and it's possible that the one that looks like another boring brown tank doesn't have nearly the same effect.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It's cool that after i ground through the Jpz 4 and its terrible pen they massively buff it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

:madmax:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3332742#sand_river-falafal-m44

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I assume you are a HEAT spamming M44. There is a special place in hell for you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So apparently they're buffing the armor slightly on the Obj 907:

quote:

Object 907
Increased armor thickness of the hull sides from 85 to 100mm
Increased armor thickness of the turret top from 30 to 40mm

Did I miss a round of buffs for the 62a and/or 140? People already brought 907s to clan wars in situations where the slight gun depression and gun handling advantages of the 140 weren't required, I don't get why you need to buff that tank such that its roof no longer gets overmatched and letting it get more free bounces off the sides.

Also, in OP German tank news:

quote:

E 50
Changed reloading time of the 8.8cm Kw.K. L/100 gun for the second turret from 5.5 to 5.0

This makes the E 50 the best stock tier 9 aside from the Obj 430-II, right? It gets to unlock that gun on the Panther 88, for a 12 RPM 240 alpha 223/261 pen gun. That's pretty great. Dunno if they fixed the aim time for the L/100, but even if they didn't the L/100 is comparable in damage output to the 105, certainly good enough that you can just grind up the tracks/turret/engine before the 105mm now.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Was going to bitch about the Sav m/43 after a tragic night of tanks but it was actually just a bad run of really loving terrible pubbie teams. Top on damage done and experience in a tier six match? CHECK! Top on damage done and kills in another? CHECK! I mean seriously this TD is a complete turd due to its appalling mobility. To be out performing turreted tanks (like the Cromwell) two tiers higher? There really isn't any viable explanation. How does a KV 1 do no damage? A Churchill III? Are these players fapping with both hands while chatting on facebook? Had two clowns screaming for help on the South East on Live Oaks. I trundle up and start taking on the M4A3E8. I get three reloads off while the guy focus fires on me. Assistance damage? (There were no other targets in range) 0.00 . They didn't fire a single loving shot while I tried to give them a hand and effectively suicided from it. I did however leave the M4 on a sliver of health. Could the clowns manage to finish him off? Naw better to die to the guy ASAP. Didn't want that victory anyway. So I think that was ~10 - 0 in the Sav m/43 for a overall WR of 29.63% on the night (My overall is ~52%).

tl;dr The Sav m/43 can not carry hard enough.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

The Sav is just like the other tier 4 TDs (except the Hetzer) where it's really good when it's out of danger yet still able to damage enemies, keeping itself at full HP so that it can cleanup oneshotable enemies in the lategame while not just instantly dying if it misses or low rolls. The problem is that the Sav can't move well and the gun's HEAT shell isn't quite strong enough to reliably kill tier 5s and 6s, and it has such a terrible HP pool that any mistakes end your game. If the Sav's long gun wasn't intentionally nerfed garbage that'd be a much better option for that tank, but alas Wargaming hates you and wants you to free XP past that piece of poo poo.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

A bad thing about running a triple box arty platoon, it is always your fault.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I assume you are a HEAT spamming M44. There is a special place in hell for you.

Na, I only shot a few HEAT rounds that game--they're not that useful in Tier 6 matches. But yes, HEAT spam all the time in higher matches. I even feel bad sometimes.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

wait they're buffing the best german medium to a 120/150 mm front? drat. the whole front hull is >200 mm effective now

and i guess they're buffing the E-50M too

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
...How the gently caress did THIS happen?

I am still very not good at this game, how did I get THIS?!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

Was going to bitch about the Sav m/43 after a tragic night of tanks but it was actually just a bad run of really loving terrible pubbie teams. Top on damage done and experience in a tier six match? CHECK! Top on damage done and kills in another? CHECK! I mean seriously this TD is a complete turd due to its appalling mobility. To be out performing turreted tanks (like the Cromwell) two tiers higher? There really isn't any viable explanation. How does a KV 1 do no damage? A Churchill III? Are these players fapping with both hands while chatting on facebook? Had two clowns screaming for help on the South East on Live Oaks. I trundle up and start taking on the M4A3E8. I get three reloads off while the guy focus fires on me. Assistance damage? (There were no other targets in range) 0.00 . They didn't fire a single loving shot while I tried to give them a hand and effectively suicided from it. I did however leave the M4 on a sliver of health. Could the clowns manage to finish him off? Naw better to die to the guy ASAP. Didn't want that victory anyway. So I think that was ~10 - 0 in the Sav m/43 for a overall WR of 29.63% on the night (My overall is ~52%).

I learned my lesson on responding to such a while back on that factory map with the hetzer hulls. Lights spamming the chat to get a heavy or something i the field, so I roll my medium T26E4 out there, start trading shots with a jagdpanther and all the lights bolt and leave me to be overrun by a swarm of the other team. gently caress that.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Hellsau posted:

This makes the E 50 the best stock tier 9 aside from the Obj 430-II, right? It gets to unlock that gun on the Panther 88, for a 12 RPM 240 alpha 223/261 pen gun. That's pretty great. Dunno if they fixed the aim time for the L/100, but even if they didn't the L/100 is comparable in damage output to the 105, certainly good enough that you can just grind up the tracks/turret/engine before the 105mm now.
I think you don't even use the top gun any more. Look at the stats on it now:

Highest DPM of any T9 medium. 2 second aim time with .29 accuracy (it got it's turret dispersion buffed to .10 as well), and it has a reasonable chance of bouncing shells. Oh and it gets 8 degrees of all-around gun depression now.

Basically every german medium got buffed, but the panther-E50 line probably got the biggest.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 10, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the 8,8 L/100 E-50 is still going to be very bad, because 240 alpha is a joke at tier 9

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the autoloading T 50 comes in for last place on DPM. it must be really bad

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DPM isn't the only relevant stat. Which is why I listed all the other things they buffed.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Redeye Flight posted:

Well the simple answer is by consistently doing damage. The hidden answer is that as inexperienced and inept as you may believe yourself to be there are 70% (?) of the player base who are dreadfully bad at shooty tanks but think they are really good. Zero damage in a top tier heavy (no arty)? "You noobs suck. Uninstall!" Zero damage or kills in a top tier fast medium? "So many fail teams today!" (etc.)

Congratulations you are not as terrible as ~70% of WoT players (And do more damage on average than 65% of them in that tank).

I'd love to see the actual server stats but as far as I can figure it out 49% WR is dead centre average. This is because ~1% of battles end in a draw where nobody 'wins'. The worst players are ~30% WR the best are ~70% That would certainly be a bell curve centred on 49 with an arm extending to ~ 30% and the other to ~ 70% The population to the right is spread over ~ 10% more real estate so the distribution isn't symmetrical. Just exactly what that curve looks like would be fascinating. Perhaps fascinating enough to make me quit this toxic mess of a game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Redeye Flight posted:

What he means is, keep trying your best and you'll get rewarded inbetween bouts of getting your dick punched. And there are people who don't even try or are unable to not suck. You are not one of them :toot:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

the autoloading T 50 comes in for last place on DPM. it must be really bad

I realize this is a joke but I'll explain it for some of the noobie goonies. DPM for autoloaders doesn't account for the massive initial burst. It isn't like the Skoda is going to encounter many enemies before it gets its first reload, so that first ~30 seconds or whatever doesn't matter. It goes forwards, offloads a bunch of damage, then reloads and offloads another bunch of damage, and in that span of time even including the clip reload in the middle it's outDPMed its tiermates by a substantial margin. The stupid part about the Skoda is that its effective DPM is actually absurd because unlike most other tanks, it gets to offload a lot of its reload time during its travel while relocating for more shots, vastly inflating its applicable DPM.

For similar reasons I don't know how much better the L/100 would be DPM-wise even in similar situations since the 390 alpha is an advantage - it gets its first two shells off before the 88 will get its third shell off

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I just had the best ram. I wish I knew how to turn stuff into youtube videos because you guys would have loved it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

I just had the best ram. I wish I knew how to turn stuff into youtube videos because you guys would have loved it.

upload replay here

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I guess it wasn't that great, but here it is: http://wotreplays.com/site/3333242#malinovka-cafone-cromwell_b

8:15 minutes

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I had a good one earlier today where I went and sprinted back to the cap in my Skoda 24 where a 1c was just toying with the artillery. I get there just as he kills the last one, he turns to face me, clearly prepared to just dance around me too, and I run right into him headon. Massively satisfying.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I'd just like to remind people on how good and cool the BT-7 Artillery is. The acceleration is excellent, reload surprisingly fast at 4.4 secs with BiA and vents, and the minihowitzer absolutely ruins any lightly armoured tanks, and even in many tier 5 matches you can just race around the map and put some sweet side or rear shots on higher tier meds and TDs (get hosed T67 :smuggo:). Surely the best low tier gift tank Wargaming ever bestowed on us.

It's disgustingly good.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

I'd love to see the actual server stats but as far as I can figure it out 49% WR is dead centre average. This is because ~1% of battles end in a draw where nobody 'wins'. The worst players are ~30% WR the best are ~70% That would certainly be a bell curve centred on 49 with an arm extending to ~ 30% and the other to ~ 70% The population to the right is spread over ~ 10% more real estate so the distribution isn't symmetrical. Just exactly what that curve looks like would be fascinating. Perhaps fascinating enough to make me quit this toxic mess of a game.

You can check your position(s) on the Hall of Fame: http://worldoftanks.com/en/leaderboard/

I'm not terrible, but I don't have particularly remarkable stats. At ~55.54% WR currently that translates to: "Your position in rating «Victories»: 16,191. You scored higher than 97.34% of players." The bell curve is steep enough such that winning a bit more than half of your battles means you're better than 97th percentile. :stare:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oooo, they are changing strongholds. I might be able to get away with bringing 2 or 3 guys as legionnaires to someone elses fight. Legionnaires get resources for both their own clan and whoever they are fighting for.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

If there are any survivors in stug life/lyfe you should start strongholding again.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Actually, if any of you people are rolling around the NA server clanless, join my clan. I'll even give you exec officer roles so you can get mad about there being no gold to steal. I'll be doing my best to get some clan bonuses up, we could even do a skirmish or two then never play the game again.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This AMX M4 45 grind is making me tear my loving hair out.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This AMX M4 45 grind is making me tear my loving hair out.

Use the 105mm with 100% gold and then it's almost bearable, with the exception of the not-quite sufficient speed.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

mmkay posted:

Use the 105mm with 100% gold and then it's almost bearable, with the exception of the not-quite sufficient speed.
I can't bring myself to waste so much gold/credits on such a poo poo tank though. It's not the long 90mm which I have a problem with anyway, it's the vehicle itself which is just such a loving piece of sado-masochism. No armour, shite speed, no gun depression to the sides, abysmal DPM... I get that not everything can match the Tiger I for RoF or the T29 for pure firepower but this is just an inexcusably bad vehicle. "Let's copy the Tiger II but make it poo poo" is the only way I can sum this thing up.

The real kicker though? I'm outshining my 'team' in Tier IX battles with this bastard.

LOOK AT THIS poo poo.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Whats with the censorship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Whats with the censorship?
Dumb rules on the EU forum about 'naming and shaming' players which seems to apply regardless of context, combined the the occasional overzealous mod.