Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

This person will learn the hard way that mayonnaise doesn't actually "bring out the best" in strawberry Nesquik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This person will learn the hard way that mayonnaise doesn't actually "bring out the best" in strawberry Nesquik.

There is no best in strawberry Nesquik.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's trying to escape the dish, and who could blame it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I saw this and I went

:stonk:

So I sent it to a friend and got up to do another task.

I sat down at another computer and saw a message from him:

quote:

lmao

And I couldn't remember what I had sent him so I opened the link. And then I went

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Said "hey you wanna see something hideous?" and showed this to a coworker. She made the exact :stonk: face followed by a 10 minute discussion about how mayo is gross and strawberry nesquik is also gross.

Debating how bad I wanna send it to everyone via employees:all email vs. how murdered I would be.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Yawgmoth posted:

This thread teaches me so many things.

So are Nestle's Quik, and Nesquik the same product with different names on the different coasts, or are they still the same product just in two different containers each of which is based on your current geographical position? I am confuse.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

So are Nestle's Quik, and Nesquik the same product with different names on the different coasts, or are they still the same product just in two different containers each of which is based on your current geographical position? I am confuse.

Nestle rebranded "Nestle's Quik" as "Nesquik" globally in the 1990s.
https://www.nesquik.com/our-story/

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

I'm just now discovering this thread. I'm in a group on Facebook and these people somehow constantly take some of the worst pictures of food I've ever seen.

Please add pepper.

I don't know what I'm seeing. :iiam:

The mattress raises a lot of questions.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Crosspost from funny pictures.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Good news!
Some guys over at The Olive Garden got this fusion thing figured out:

Gripen5 posted:

Best I could tell, someone posted it on reddit claiming he was making caramel and forgot about it. I have no idea why it would glow like that though. If it's photoshopped, it looks pretty convincing.

Who the gently caress forgets they're making caramel.

edit: I guess I'd buy that if you're a professional cook and have a bunch of poo poo going on, given what appears to be a professional kitchen. But still.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Feb 10, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There are two kinds of people who make caramel: the people who know what they're doing and make really exquisite caramel, and the kind of people who read a recipe online, think "gently caress big city prices, I can make my own caramel for pennies on the dollar," and attempt to do exactly that while falling asleep drunk in front of a Mystery Diners marathon

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pastry of the Year posted:

There are two kinds of people who make caramel: the people who know what they're doing and make really exquisite caramel, and the kind of people who read a recipe online, think "gently caress big city prices, I can make my own caramel for pennies on the dollar," and attempt to do exactly that while falling asleep drunk in front of a Mystery Diners marathon

How I thought caramel was made as a child:

1. Fill a saucepan with sugar
2. Set heat to medium
3. Check back in a while

It didn't work out quite as I'd hoped.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ok, here's my theory. Someone, I am praying that it was a small child, wanted strawberry milk. So they got the Nestle's but they were out of milk. They made a logical leap that Mayonnaise was probably made of milk and maybe you could mix it with water and it'd be close enough. Then mom came in, saw the disaster, took pictures for the internet.

Anything else is unconscionable and I will not consider it.

DiomedesGodshill posted:

I don't know what I'm seeing. :iiam:

I don't know either, but it looks AMAZING!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Crosspost from funny pictures.

edit: I guess I'd buy that if you're a professional cook and have a bunch of poo poo going on, given what appears to be a professional kitchen. But still.

The only difference between carmel and carbon is 15 minutes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/DinosaurDracula/status/829799824522412037?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I love food archeology.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

agreed. I like how it matches the emoticon

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's a pretty good Halloween thing tbh

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

2. Set heat to medium
3. Check back in a while

You're actually not to far off though, assuming you don't know it now.

And that's definitely a restaurant kitchen. The hand sink with paper towels and the blue handle on the other pot are a dead giveaway of restaurant supply store pots.

The molten pot's sitting on the wash sink, most likely.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

CommonShore posted:

Plot twist: that plate is 5" across.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Caramel chat- when I was a kid, my white trash Mom would make "Caramel Waffles" - Eggo's with a mix of microwaved Mrs. Buttersworth and peanut butter. It was (and still is) delicious, but until age 10, I thought that it was legit how caramel was made, and store bought just tasted different because of preservatives or some poo poo- kinda like the difference between real cookies and Chips Ahoy!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Caramel chat- when I was a kid, my white trash Mom would make "Caramel Waffles" - Eggo's with a mix of microwaved Mrs. Buttersworth and peanut butter. It was (and still is) delicious, but until age 10, I thought that it was legit how caramel was made, and store bought just tasted different because of preservatives or some poo poo- kinda like the difference between real cookies and Chips Ahoy!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

2. Set heat to medium
3. Check back in a while

My childhood caramel (popcorn) recipe:

Find corn syrup in a dark, forgotten corner of the pantry. Melt butter and mix with equal parts corn syrup. Pour over popcorn.

This was actually popular with my girlfriends, for some reason. We kept making it up through high school until we realized how gross we were.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bwahaahaahahahahaaha idiot

e: looks wet Todd

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Feb 10, 2017

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I FOUND A LEAF IN MY SALAD

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you've never missed a bay leaf before serving

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I hate it when my salad has vegetation in it.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That feeling when bae leaves baey in your baens.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I get a bay leaf at Chipotle more often than not. I'm pretty sure they leave them in for "authenticity."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

zedprime posted:

That feeling when bae leaves baey in your baens.

It's the bayn of my existence.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

I FOUND A LEAF IN MY SALAD

MariusLecter posted:

I hate it when my salad has vegetation in it.

BURRITO BOWLS ARE SALADS TOO?! :psyduck:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

theres actually zero difference between a burrito & a salad. you imbecile. you loving moron

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

RareAcumen posted:

Jesus Christ Acumen. I thought you of all people would get this. You've been here awhile. Sad!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

:ughh:

Get with the program, RareAcumen

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

No salad rules?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I feel like whatever is going on there, olives weren't the way to improve it

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

This looks like stewed beef rounds like my family makes it, braised in a pressure cooker then sliced very thin and marinated in onions, peppers and olives. If that is in fact what's happening there, would without hesitation or shame. Also no breathing until there's nothing left.

The second one only reminds me of sadness. Still would though.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Holy poo poo, just give me the donuts with fruity pebbles, that actually sounds fantastic.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ramos posted:

Holy poo poo, just give me the donuts with fruity pebbles, that actually sounds fantastic.

But... burger?

*sticks beef patty and cheese in between cardboard flaps and dog poo poo*

Burger.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

No salad rules?

Inshallahd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

A pizza is just a salad on a bread plate.