Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marching Powder posted:

He's an extremely good fighter with an obvious red x weak point that conor does not have the tools to exploit. Diaz even had a wrestling advantage for crying out loud and conor going 1 and 1 with him is cool. Not jaw-droppingly impressive but cool.

Not to mention that Nate is three times the size of Conor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When you talked to nate did he come to your home at night and blow dreams into your bedroom & you just happened to be awake.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Everyone made weight except for someone on the fightpass prelim (Justin Willis), who said his body shut down while trying to cut weight and the UFC doctors removed him from the card. I figured interesting, must be a smaller guy or something.... nope, heavyweight. So, he failed to cut to 265, I guess.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I didn't see it, but apparently there was a towel malfunction while Nik Lentz was weighing in. After he made weight, he put his arms up to flex and knocked the towel out of the hands of one of the guys holding it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thanks for the update on how to see nik lentz dick.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ian McCall made weight and his opponent has not mysteriously dropped out of the fight so it looks like Ian may finally get to hit somebody.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Im gonna tell him you called him mentally retarded to win a debate with me about smoking weed in competition :mrgw:

I think you're thinking of the guy who said we'd look back in a few years ashamed that we enjoyed pressuring mentally disabled Nate Diaz into fighting

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Le Saboteur posted:

Ian McCall made weight and his opponent has not mysteriously dropped out of the fight so it looks like Ian may finally get to hit somebody.

There's still a day left for something to go wrong. I won't believe that Uncle Creepy is fighting until the first punch connects.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's still a day left for something to go wrong. I won't believe that Uncle Creepy is fighting until the first punch connects.

I dunno, I mean it seems to just be denying reality to watch a fight for a round and a half and deny it's happening

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Such a shame we never got McCall/Seery

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

It's the only interesting first hand experience I can share so I always like to tell it but I had a long chat with Nate in person and he genuinely dislikes fighting. He takes it (admittedly) irrationally personally when people sign a contract to hurt him for money and that's where his animosity towards his opponents stems from. He says he'd be 100%happy just teaching jiu jitsu, smoking weed, and running triathlons, but it just so happens he's one of the best fighters in the world and it pays real well.

He's a really cool person and I'm a fan of his as a fighter and a person (and he's a loving excellent jiu jitsu instructor) and the thought of him teaching kids and smoking weed with millions of dollars makes me really happy.

Nate sounds like a rad dude. I'm glad he's had some big money fights, vindicating at least all the brain trauma and scar tissue.

EmmyOk posted:

Such a shame we never got McCall/Seery

Very disappointed by this, was looking forward to it.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Not to mention that Nate is three times the size of Conor.

Nate Diaz is the Bill Brasky of MMA.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Log posted:

Posted too quick - Here is the second half -

Did you have any heavyweights cutting weight when you did? I'm curious if it's a harder or easier overall experience depending on weight. gently caress, should probably go to the training thread.

Back when I was a freshman in high school, I was over at my buddy's house literally eating a little debby snack cake when my wrestling coach called me and told me I would be wrestling at districts. I finished third at sectionals, and the top two move on, but the runner up got hit in the head with a loving bowling ball while laying down in the lane during a school trip. I had less than 48 hours to cut from 206 pounds to 189. It was really easy. Just put on sweats, jumped on the bike for an hour in a hot wrestling room, did the same the next day, and took a hot bath the night before and made weight no problem. Then I got dumped on my head in less than a minute by the eventual state champ and suffered my first concussion. Neither the weight cut nor the match were likely good for my health, but I can say weight cutting as a larger person was indeed pretty easy, at least for me.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
As a fat guy with brain damage let me be the first to say lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Eat This Glob posted:

Back when I was a freshman in high school, I was over at my buddy's house literally eating a little debby snack cake when my wrestling coach called me and told me I would be wrestling at districts. I finished third at sectionals, and the top two move on, but the runner up got hit in the head with a loving bowling ball while laying down in the lane during a school trip. I had less than 48 hours to cut from 206 pounds to 189. It was really easy. Just put on sweats, jumped on the bike for an hour in a hot wrestling room, did the same the next day, and took a hot bath the night before and made weight no problem. Then I got dumped on my head in less than a minute by the eventual state champ and suffered my first concussion. Neither the weight cut nor the match were likely good for my health, but I can say weight cutting as a larger person was indeed pretty easy, at least for me.

It's great to be a teen.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Im gonna tell him you called him mentally retarded to win a debate with me about smoking weed in competition :mrgw:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

I didn't see it, but apparently there was a towel malfunction while Nik Lentz was weighing in. After he made weight, he put his arms up to flex and knocked the towel out of the hands of one of the guys holding it.

hell yeah

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/830129023179169793

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think Aldo.... wins.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I helped a friend cut weight for her wedding when she was too big for her dress and her husband got real mad at us when he realized we massively dehydrated her and like half their photos from the day he has a real mean scowl.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I wonder if I could make a business based on last second weight loss

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

LobsterMobster posted:

Yoel called into Mike Bisping's radio (?) show, and DJ Mikey B went back to his "toilet store" verbal skills, calling Yoel "poopie pants"

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmrush/yoel-romero-calls-in-to-confront-michael-bisping-after-twitter-battle

i love them both so much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I helped a friend cut weight for her wedding when she was too big for her dress and her husband got real mad at us when he realized we massively dehydrated her and like half their photos from the day he has a real mean scowl.

haha

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bubba Smith posted:

I think Aldo.... wins.

I think it's a good fight if none of this Post-McGregor poo poo has gone to his head, Holloway wins if it's affected him in a negative way. And if I had to bet I'd say he's affected in a negative way.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

:laffo:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Detroit_Dogg posted:

lol that's cool

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think it's a good fight if none of this Post-McGregor poo poo has gone to his head, Holloway wins if it's affected him in a negative way. And if I had to bet I'd say he's affected in a negative way.

He looked real distraught while beating the poo poo out of Frankie Edgar for 25 minutes. Aldo is shook.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

wtf. are you the guy selling the sauna suit for weight loss on 2am infomercials

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He looked real distraught while beating the poo poo out of Frankie Edgar for 25 minutes. Aldo is shook.

Oh right lol

Yeah he's probably gonna beat Holloway

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
aldo vs holloway is insanely good

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
I personally think the Aldo that showed up to UFC 200 is the greatest fighter alive right now. Whether he can show up again or not is a question in itself, but I don't see Holloway beating that particular version of him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

aldo vs holloway is insanely good

yes

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Cool fight but I thought max needed a break to film movies or whatever

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
tbh, i'm still not sure what holloway is capable of.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC 200 Aldo straight up murders Max. I think Frankie would beat Max too. But I like Max and would like to see a competitive display regardless.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Good rear end fight

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

wtf. are you the guy selling the sauna suit for weight loss on 2am infomercials

No we just commandeered the hotel's sauna and she chewed on sponges until she got in the dress.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Detroit_Dogg posted:

No we just commandeered the hotel's sauna and she chewed on sponges until she got in the dress.

Was it a last minute wedding? How far ahead of time had the dress been tailored?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

kimbo305 posted:

Was it a last minute wedding? How far ahead of time had the dress been tailored?

srsrly, most reputable bridal stores will do one free adjustment week-of. she either didn't try it on until the night before or got really hard into the little debbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Congratulations to Uncle Creepy for possibly still existing, and to Anderson for possibly still winning.
Happy February. Praise Dokdo and the LeftistMuslimObama inside all of us.

• Locked thread