Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's a shame that Lauren was chased off of twitter. The Peridot twitter would have been amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

You mean, it's too bad she left the show and thus can't exactly run semi-official Twitter accounts anymore

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Oh, didn't know she'd left the show, but I thought that initially the reason for her abandoning twitter was a bunch of assholes making things unbearable? That was about when the Peridot twitter stopped updating.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah, she's got a lot of other areas she's focused on right now.

http://drawendo.tumblr.com/post/157060129666

fukkin' looooool

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Yeah I believe there was some dumb drama (I think it might've had something to do with accusations of shipteasing Peridot and Amethyst or something, idk, idc) that first caused her to depart from social media, but she left the show not too long after so I think it might've actually been more related to that.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I didnt see anything official about it
but there's apparently a lot of signs (and deleted tweets) that would support this

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
It seemed a rumour at first. But some of her recent posts sound a lot like what she was purportedly complaining about privately before.

Who knows, maybe she'll get her own show one day!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Whiz Palace posted:

It seemed a rumour at first. But some of her recent posts sound a lot like what she was purportedly complaining about privately before.

Who knows, maybe she'll get her own show one day!

The thing is, it seems she left on not so good terms judging by social media postings (both the rumored to be her ones and ones she made way later) which is basically a surefire way to never get any work in the industry again. It's a bit hosed, but it's sadly pretty common.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ruflux posted:

The thing is, it seems she left on not so good terms judging by social media postings (both the rumored to be her ones and ones she made way later) which is basically a surefire way to never get any work in the industry again. It's a bit hosed, but it's sadly pretty common.

Is there any actual source on this? I can't find anything.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

fukkin' looooool

They even worked Little Butler in!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Right now it can't be confirmed or denied whether or not Zuke is still working on the show. There's a lot of rumors, but no official confirmation one way or the other.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Right now it can't be confirmed or denied whether or not Zuke is still working on the show. There's a lot of rumors, but no official confirmation one way or the other.

Does talking about working on the show in the past tense count? Because there's this:

Given this, the fact that this actually lines up with what was posted in the anonymous tumblr supposedly run by Zuke, and the fact that Amber Rogers is now Hillary Florido's storyboarding partner, I'm more than willing to claim that it's safe to say Zuke left the show, and very possibly not on the best terms either.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

So there's a new episode tonight? And it might actually air on CN before showing up on the internet?

drat, when was the last time that happened?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

So there's a new episode tonight? And it might actually air on CN before showing up on the internet?

drat, when was the last time that happened?

Don't get too excited. We still have 3.5 hours for it to leak.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ruflux posted:

Does talking about working on the show in the past tense count?

I don't know man. I gotta be honest: the whole thing makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I really want to ignore it. I wish I knew less about it than I do, but because of the social circles I run in both online and in real life I keep having to hear/read about it over and over again.

It's like being in your favorite restaurant and the couple sitting next to you starts fighting loudly and you just want to ignore them and eat your steak but they just keep screaming and crying and you feel awful even though you're not personally involved in any way.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I don't know man. I gotta be honest: the whole thing makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable and I really want to ignore it. I wish I knew less about it than I do, but because of the social circles I run in both online and in real life I keep having to hear/read about it over and over again.

It's like being in your favorite restaurant and the couple sitting next to you starts fighting loudly and you just want to ignore them and eat your steak but they just keep screaming and crying and you feel awful even though you're not personally involved in any way.

Sorry I brought it up. Still, I'm looking forward to tonight episode due to seeing the three most interesting characters bouncing off each other. :)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BioEnchanted posted:

Sorry I brought it up. Still, I'm looking forward to tonight episode due to seeing the three most interesting characters bouncing off each other. :)

Me too! Although I'm kind of worried that Cartoon Network didn't advertise it enough. A bunch of my friends (all of whom love Steven Universe) didn't even know it was airing today until I brought it up. Everyone is so used to there being hiatuses between bombs.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I mean, fair enough, but I do think that a straight question deserves a straight answer, and I'd say what we know and can safely assume is not much of a secret anymore since the whole Zuke thing kinda blew up and ended up getting spread far and wide.

I do agree that I'd almost rather not know, but at the same time, I'm not going to completely avoid the subject if it looks like I'm the only one who knows or is willing to point out certain details of the situation at hand. There's no knowing for certain what happened, but certain things are looking more and more like safe assumptions at this point.

Anyway, yeah new episode. I like how CN hasn't spoiled the whole thing yet honestly. I don't think it has leaked yet either so that's all good.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Speaking of women-helmed storyboard-driven cartoons, Star is also back and it's doubling down on heavily serialization -- check it out.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
We're only 30 minutes from showtime on the East coast, but CN posted a new teaser/spoiler clip on YT. If the closing credits have winning lottery numbers, all my wishes are going to come true.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was wondering how they were going to keep to the "Steven's viewpoint" rule.

E: "I almost drowned a LOT of people."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
i almost drowned a lot of people

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh my god they're cosplaying

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THE loving OPENING RUNNING SHOT

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dang Peridot you've been working out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Steven Universe: She Didn't Even Cry

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

we are the crystal temps
we'll try to save the day
and if you say we can't
then we'll just go away

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Not quite what I was hoping for, but still good. I'll accept this!

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Man, Yellowtail just has the worst luck with that car wash.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That was such a cute episode. :kiddo:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
"Maybe you should let someone else play...The Garnet"

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 11, 2017

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Too many good quotes this week

"Pearl does like soap"

also those were some fine impressions, Jennifer Paz

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
This was a good episode, the show needs more slice of life shenanigans with the gems like this.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Doesn't cartoon Network get more money from my buying an episode than from whatever the cable company pays them? Why won't they let me give them my monies? :saddowns:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I would watch an entire episode of Lapis's Garnet impersonation.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

No one posted this yet? SHAMEFUL!

Beachcomber posted:

Doesn't cartoon Network get more money from my buying an episode than from whatever the cable company pays them? Why won't they let me give them my monies? :saddowns:

They split the last bomb into two different seasons, so you can buy the episodes on various services.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They split the last bomb into two different seasons, so you can buy the episodes on various services.

Not even "That Will Be All" is available yet.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Beachcomber posted:

Not even "That Will Be All" is available yet.

Yeah I hate how they insist on bundling two episodes together, even at the end of a bomb. I think they only did one solo episode. :sigh:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

No one posted this yet? SHAMEFUL!

Am I imagining things, or is Lapis doing the Betty Grable pin-up pose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
that was a great episode.