Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jimbot posted:

They'd just have to come out and say they're not competing with the competition and are doing their own things and the enthusiast press will jump through any logical hoops to defend it. If you really think about it, Nintendo enjoys a level of consumer love that just about any corporation would kill to have. They can pretty much do no wrong.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Nintendo fans are like Sonic fans

Insane idiots.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Nintendo fans are like Sonic fans

Insane idiots.

But some nintendo games are guid

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Truly this is the conversation for the PlayStation 4 thread, increasingly angry posts about a completely unrelated console.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Truly this is the conversation for the PlayStation 4 thread, increasingly angry posts about a completely unrelated console.

I mean technically the psx was the snes 2...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ImpAtom posted:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The light is on... but what's powering it? :confused:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Rastor posted:

Love

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Spuzzz posted:

Did they change how to close apps? Hulu has a bad habit of freezing but now I can only delete it, not close it. I would rather not reboot the whole PS4 every time this lovely app freezes.

Hold the ps button then exit the app at the top. Don't know why they changed this for media apps.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rastor posted:

The hate produced by the DF retro comments section

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rastor posted:

https://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wireless_electricity

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I WILL SEE THE SWITCH IN COURT, WE MUST DEFEND VIDEO GAMES

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just bought Elder Scrolls Online from walmart.com for $3.76 w/free shipping. If all I want is more Elder Scrolls, will this purchase be justified?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbX6K7ky9LQ&t=90s

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The For Honor beta is way, way more fun than it has any right to be. Expected absolutely nothing after the jankfest of the Wildlands beta, and got pretty much the exact opposite. Check it out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Downloaded it last night so should be checking it out soon

Are all of you pretty well sold on it day 1? Does it seem like it'll have decent longevity/replayability

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Motto posted:

Playstation 4: Nintendo Switch

You jest, and yet

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You'd think it would appeal to the soulsborne crowd, but nary a whisper here.

Can't speak for them, but a lot of people in the FGC(self included) are gaga for the game.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Are all of you pretty well sold on it day 1? Does it seem like it'll have decent longevity/replayability

Last beta sold me. As for longevity it will come down to the simple fact of how much do you enjoy the combat? Maps modes etc are all window dressing around this one core fact.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 11, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm liking the For Honor "beta" (the weekend before it releases, lol) enough to buy it this time, which is weird because I didn't like it much at all in the closed beta. A few tweaks do wonders.

You'd think it would appeal to the soulsborne crowd, but nary a whisper here.

I don't play Souls for the multiplayer (because I am terrible at it)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BisterdDave posted:

Just bought Elder Scrolls Online from walmart.com for $3.76 w/free shipping. If all I want is more Elder Scrolls, will this purchase be justified?

Nah, it's a terrible MMO. I bought it for the same reason and regret it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I have pre-ordered digitally because I expect to play it for a long time. It has way more depth than it seems at first, and the RS Siege model is the way all multiplayer games should work from now on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The bosses in Nioh are absolutely miserable. I enjoy the game a lot and it just comes to a grinding halt when I hit a boss. This bat bitch is the cheapest load of poo poo ever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

The bosses in Nioh are absolutely miserable. I enjoy the game a lot and it just comes to a grinding halt when I hit a boss. This bat bitch is the cheapest load of poo poo ever.

Have you tried dodging?

In all seriousness it's interesting to see how people react to Souls-like gameplay. I died to her like 40 times so I'm not one to say "git gud" but I figured it out. Then there are people in the Nioh thread that are like "This game is so loving easy I curbstomped that boss in one shot" and I'm like, what must the world look like to them

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 11, 2017

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Nah, it's a terrible MMO. I bought it for the same reason and regret it.

At least you didn't pay full price for it.

Or Defiance. With the season pass.

... still bitter.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sheep posted:

At least you didn't pay full price for it.

Or Defiance. With the season pass.

... still bitter.

We all have our regrets. I paid $130 Cdn for The Division, and $80 for The Order.

Also just paid $300 insurance deductible because someone hit my parked car and didn't leave a note, so #yolo #moneyismeaningless

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Have you tried dodging?

In all seriousness it's interesting to see how people react to Souls-like gameplay. I died to her like 40 times so I'm not one to say "git gud" but I figured it out. Then there are people in the Nioh thread that are like "This game is so loving easy I curbstomped that boss in one shot" and I'm like, what must the world look like to them

I don't really have the same patience for Nioh bosses that I do with souls for some reason I can't pinpoint. I kind of just want get on with the game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

veni veni veni posted:

I don't really have the same patience for Nioh bosses that I do with souls for some reason I can't pinpoint. I kind of just want get on with the game.

Honestly here's a tip. Most of her problems come from the paralysis.

If you equip stuff that boosts paralysis resistance you actually cut down on the time you're paralyzed. That makes a huge difference

A lot of bosses have not so obvious weaknesses or strategies. Nioh plays by slightly different rules than dark souls.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I only played the alpha/beta/demo but the bosses were always super lame to me in all of them. the areas were really cool and the mechanics (after they fixed the dumb poo poo from the first alpha anyway) were cool, but I don't think the nioh devs are good at making fun bosses

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I have to agree with others here and recommend For Honor. If you liked bloodborne the combat is pretty similar from what I've played, maybe a little more forgiving, and when it clicks it's pretty drat satisfying to square off with someone.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I have to agree with others here and recommend For Honor. If you liked bloodborne the combat is pretty similar from what I've played, maybe a little more forgiving, and when it clicks it's pretty drat satisfying to square off with someone.

Definitely, a good duel is an engaging battle of wits. Kind of like paper scissors rock but with more decapitations

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
so I just picked up Dead Rising 2 the other day but unsurprisingly nobody is playing online these days. If any goons want to run around and mash some zombies up, add The_Maniac_Cop

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Use ya ears, she's got all kinds of audio tells if it's the boss I saw on a stream.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I only played the alpha/beta/demo but the bosses were always super lame to me in all of them. the areas were really cool and the mechanics (after they fixed the dumb poo poo from the first alpha anyway) were cool, but I don't think the nioh devs are good at making fun bosses

Luckily they seem to roll over pretty hard with 2 people, so if one starts getting on my nerves I just summon and I can carry on.

But yeah they are not fun imo. I personally don't find myself wanting to master them I'd rather just get rid of them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mom with a blog posted:

so I just picked up Dead Rising 2 the other day but unsurprisingly nobody is playing online these days. If any goons want to run around and mash some zombies up, add The_Maniac_Cop

Holy poo poo I had no idea that was your username.

I've been friends with since I used the PS4 for a week then someone stole it from my friends house this was like 2 years ago.

Not my PS4 btw he bought it from a junkie and they then stole it back to sell it again.

That suuuucked mainly cuz I just got done being like hey I will pick this up off you for 200$ he got it for 130$ and it was a slim with like 3 games

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

find the digital foundry video on how to set up the game mode input to display hdr. it comes with all the hdr features turned off.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely do that!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Luckily they seem to roll over pretty hard with 2 people, so if one starts getting on my nerves I just summon and I can carry on.

But yeah they are not fun imo. I personally don't find myself wanting to master them I'd rather just get rid of them.

Odd, I had the opposite experience. I've fought 5 bosses so far and killed them all on my first try except for that one, which I got on my second try, then signed myself up for co-op and found them massively harder. They get an enormous amount of health in co-op and it almost doesn't feel like it helps at all. It took something like 12 tries before both me and a host managed to survive long enough to see the first boss die.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

For honor seems fun, but idk about $60. Plus the season pass of course lol. Can't imagine it's a game I'd play for more than 2-4 weeks. Might just get a physical copy then flip it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Digirat posted:

Odd, I had the opposite experience. I've fought 5 bosses so far and killed them all on my first try except for that one, which I got on my second try, then signed myself up for co-op and found them massively harder. They get an enormous amount of health in co-op and it almost doesn't feel like it helps at all. It took something like 12 tries before both me and a host managed to survive long enough to see the first boss die.

Mostly the bat lady seemed to have trouble hitting me with paralysis with a second which made her easy.

In retrospect I probably should have given her a few more attempts before being a wiener and summoning because she only got me 4 times but I ran out of the anti paralyze needle and didn't want to bother grinding for more. She seemed really vulnerable to spears so I kind of wish I gave that a go.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 11, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For honor seems fun, but idk about $60. Plus the season pass of course lol. Can't imagine it's a game I'd play for more than 2-4 weeks. Might just get a physical copy then flip it

The DLC path is similar to Siege. The season pass gives you early access to DLC but it is eventually free for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah the season pass is 100% optional, all new maps and modes are released free at the same time for everone, the pass give you easier unlock of new characters