Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When its one of the three good songs Manson had (Dogma, Sweet Dreams, and Dance of the Dope Hats) it stands out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

doverhog posted:

Nine Inch Nails original Hurt is better than the Johnny Cash cover.

It's sad that this is an unpopular opinion. Cash wouldn't even sing the lyrics as written. :mad:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like Mansons cover of Tainted Love more than Soft Cells.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Cover songs woo!

https://youtu.be/GU8QQDgO40I

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Finding something different to eat everyday is painfully tedious, just eat the same simple thing forever.

Also chocolate is the worst, and gently caress ice cream, basically anything sweet that isn't fruit is trash, except cherries, they suck too.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If your chocolate is sweet you're eating the wrong chocolate. 75%+ or gently caress off.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tony Bologna posted:

Finding something different to eat everyday is painfully tedious, just eat the same simple thing forever.

Also chocolate is the worst, and gently caress ice cream, basically anything sweet that isn't fruit is trash, except cherries, they suck too.

Now here is a bad opinion!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tony Bologna posted:

Issac Hayes' cover of "Close to You" is better than The Carpenters' in every way.

I don't know if I agree (Karen C. had a sweet, clear voice), but I thank you for informing me of this recording's existence. It is choice.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

gleebster posted:

I don't know if I agree (Karen C. had a sweet, clear voice), but I thank you for informing me of this recording's existence. It is choice.

Oh nice, I'm glad you liked it! I recommend the entire "Black Moses" album really, Hayes also does a tremendous cover of Curtis Mayfield's "Man's Temptation" on the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUZIb38ctrk

Baronjutter posted:

If your chocolate is sweet you're eating the wrong chocolate. 75%+ or gently caress off.

It could be 100% and I would still gladly gently caress off. Sorta joking, the only time I've ever enjoyed chocolate is when eating mole.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Field Mousepad posted:

Nah light lagers when it's hot. Dark ones when it's cold.

Lagers 4 lyfe yo
I like most beers to some extent, and often drink other things, but dark lagers are particularly good and pale lagers are really nice and refreshing in hot weather.

Das Boo posted:

I quietly hate that everyone prefers Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams over The Eurythmics.
I wasn't aware that that was a popular opinion. I've heard both, and the Eurythmics version is definitely better.

oldpainless posted:

I like Mansons cover of Tainted Love more than Soft Cells.
I do agree with this though.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Here's 2 nice NIN covers:

Closer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItosTQ4PVlI

Reptile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mui8p78bT_0

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

There's a short movie/documentary on youtube about a family that went absolutely mental over beanie babies and put all their savings and every spare penny they had into buying them as an investment. Buying out all the local toy stores' stock as soon as they opened after getting a delivery, going on cross country trips just to find rare ones, that sort of thing. They still had thousands of worthless beanie babies all neatly sorted sitting in their basement. It seemed like they had come to their senses and accepted that they had been stupid though.

At work at the moment so I can't look it up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

i have a large storage container full of beenie babies sitting next to my desk that i use as a table. I mostly toss the toys in as extra gifts for young children at gift giving opportunities. I still have too many of the drat things thanks to my grandmother.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Baronjutter posted:

Dark chocolate snobs are probably the most obnoxious type of snob there is. The people who say this stuff usually have only tried llike hersheys and the whitman sampler and say milk chocolate is disgusting.

Go to switzerland and try the milk chocolate from a place like spruengli. If you don't like it your taste buds are incorrect.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

After I stopped putting sugar in coffee and started avoiding it in general when possible, milk chocolate is just too sweet to enjoy. But, there is the new popular science theorem that liking bitter flavours means you are a psychopath, so I guess that would fall under incorrect taste buds.

And for a really unpopular opinion, this is a good song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FloQfcoANx0

doverhog has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Feb 11, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

doverhog posted:

there is the new popular science theorem that liking bitter flavours means you are a psychopath

There is no :rolleyes: big enough for this.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah, it was 1 article in a British paper based on some kind of iffy study, and if you google "bitter psychopath", it's a long list of other sites or papers that are just republishing that original bit. Great journalism, A+ job.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tony Bologna posted:

I like chocolate and fruit but chocolate dipped fruit is bad. I don't think that poo poo works together even remotely

Aside from chocolate I'm not a big sweets person in general though. I don't think ive gotten dessert at a restaurant since I was a little kid

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

doverhog posted:

google "bitter psychopath"

please don't doxx me

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

After I stopped putting sugar in coffee and started avoiding it in general when possible, milk chocolate is just too sweet to enjoy. But, there is the new popular science theorem that liking bitter flavours means you are a psychopath, so I guess that would fall under incorrect taste buds.

A psychopath - in the bed!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

A psychopath - in the bed!

Cold and uncaring, such heights to aspire to.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 10:22 on Feb 11, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Aesop Poprock posted:

I like chocolate and fruit but chocolate dipped fruit is bad. I don't think that poo poo works together even remotely

Totally. Strawberry, cherry, blueberry, lemon, none of these are good with chocolate. Orange can work sometimes, raspberry is the absolute worst.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Totally. Strawberry, cherry, blueberry, lemon, none of these are good with chocolate. Orange can work sometimes, raspberry is the absolute worst.

It's one of those things that clash so much I've seriously wondered if people just think it should taste good so there's like a placebo effect. I can't even stand chocolates with fruit fillings

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nuts work well in chocolate, almost all other fillings detract from it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

doverhog posted:

Nuts work well in chocolate, almost all other fillings detract from it.

Caramel and peanut butter disagree with you but I'm on the fence about nougat. Verging on the positive side

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also it's overplayed and goons hate that but sea salt is not a bad addition to dark chocolates

White chocolate can eat a dick though that poo poo is dumb

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's one of those things that clash so much I've seriously wondered if people just think it should taste good so there's like a placebo effect. I can't even stand chocolates with fruit fillings

I think it's just because chocolate covered strawberries are marketed as some romantic things so people figure they must be good. They do look good if you don't think about the flavor, but like with chocolate oranges once you bite in I can't stand the taste/texture.

Also white chocolate (from a good company) is delicious, you just have to have it in small quantities which I understand might be difficult for some goons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who makes good white chocolate? Quality chocolatiers don't touch the stuff since it's not even real chocolate. I'm actually curious to taste a good one.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
The gently caress is wrong with you people

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it's just because chocolate covered strawberries are marketed as some romantic things so people figure they must be good. They do look good if you don't think about the flavor, but like with chocolate oranges once you bite in I can't stand the taste/texture.

Also white chocolate (from a good company) is delicious, you just have to have it in small quantities which I understand might be difficult for some goons.

Yeah I agree about the look it's pretty good.

White chocolate you might be right about, I've never like sought out good brands or whatever but it's usually fancy expensive poo poo that I've had and it's always been... not bad, but off. Like someone took the creme out of the middle of a Whoopie pie and solidified it. Too sweet, not enough flavor to back it up behind like whipped cream. I don't get it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you people

we post on the something awful forums and are disfunctional adults. What do you do for a living

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Who makes good white chocolate? Quality chocolatiers don't touch the stuff since it's not even real chocolate. I'm actually curious to taste a good one.

Every Swiss chocolate shop I've been to sells it :shrug:

Other food opinion that is certainly extremely unpopular in Europe: doner kebabs are just OK. There's nothing special about them and I think it's just being latched on to because it's about the only consistently decent cheap non-western food you can get here.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Feb 11, 2017

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"An American Werewolf In London" needs a remake.
Most of the special effects are pretty good (the transformation scene is still excellent) but all the scenes with the actual werewolf are embarrassingly terrible, and were even pretty ropey at the time it came out.
The wolf looks like a Muppet and when it attacks people it pretty much looks like someone off-camera has just thrown it at them, and the fake blood is a really odd colour.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stoatbringer posted:

"An American Werewolf In London" needs a remake.

I'd love to see a remake but it would have to be in the same vain as the Evil Dead remake where they just threw out all the campy, goofy elements and went full on horror.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Every Swiss chocolate shop I've been to sells it :shrug:

Other food opinion that is certainly extremely unpopular in Europe: doner kebabs are just OK. There's nothing special about them and I think it's just being latched on to because it's about the only consistently decent cheap non-western food you can get here.

I've only had kebabs in the US and I don't really get the appeal so maybe we just suck at it? That'd be weird though cause if there's one country that can nail other countries cooking through osmosis it's us and it's not like we don't have legit doner kebab places so

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Aesop Poprock posted:

The only fruit that should be allowed to come in contact with chocolate are raisins.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hardcordion posted:

The only fruit that should be allowed to come in contact with chocolate are raisins.

:stonk: Raisins are the worst at everything. They ruin anything they're ever in. Oatmeal cookies, trail mix, empanadas. They're just little disgusting grape mummies. Crasins are good though.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
They're actually good.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Kebabs in Australia rule, maybe you're all doing it wrong. The way they're done here is wrapped in a flat bread with a shitload of salad. The one I got in France was like in a thick pocket bread and it was a failure compared to how they're done here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

starkebn posted:

Kebabs in Australia rule, maybe you're all doing it wrong. The way they're done here is wrapped in a flat bread with a shitload of salad. The one I got in France was like in a thick pocket bread and it was a failure compared to how they're done here.

Kebabs should be eaten off a stick. Get your bread and salad out of here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Kebabs should be eaten off a stick. Get your bread and salad out of here.

different kind of kebab entirely, shish kebabs, and they sometimes get called kebobs just to differentiate them