Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: Statements amounting to "my way of eating X is the only correct way" are a sure-fire way of recognizing a person as completely insufferable and probably American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

:stonk: Raisins are the worst at everything. They ruin anything they're ever in. Oatmeal cookies, trail mix, empanadas. They're just little disgusting grape mummies. Crasins are good though.

My mom used to bribe me with raisins when I was a very young kid so she could cut my hair :unsmith:

Might be for that reason that I agree with him. I'm not a big oatmeal raisin cookie fan but chocolate raisins are the least bad fruit based chocolate covered thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriouspost: Statements amounting to "my way of eating X is the only correct way" are a sure-fire way of recognizing a person as completely insufferable and probably American.

You must have somehow missed all of Tiggums posts or anyone who thinks any cheese in America is made out of plastic of comes in whizz form

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Or they're posted for humorous affect on a comedy website. I'll agree with you for the people that seriously get mad about what other people eat though..........except eating a bowl of dry cereal with a spoon. The hell is wrong with people that do that?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

You must have somehow missed all of Tiggums posts or anyone who thinks any cheese in America is made out of plastic of comes in whizz form

I guess I did :shrug:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Or they're posted for humorous affect on a comedy website. I'll agree with you for the people that seriously get mad about what other people eat though..........except eating a bowl of dry cereal with a spoon. The hell is wrong with people that do that?

My one roommate is 22 and ate cereal with orange juice a week ago :smith: I guess that doesn't stand up for Americans very well

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

What should they eat it with then :confused:

e: I once managed to start a several-page potato war in a thread and I don't even eat potatoes much.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

What should they eat it with then :confused:

e: I once managed to start a several-page potato war in a thread and I don't even eat potatoes.

Uh... how do people eat cereal in whatever weird country you're from

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uh... how do people eat cereal in whatever country you're from

With a spoon.

Aesop Poprock posted:

My one roommate is 22 and ate cereal with orange juice a week ago :smith: I guess that doesn't stand up for Americans very well

The weirdest thing to be on offer for breakfast I've seen has been Rice Crispies and strawberry kissel. At least that's what was on the table, no porridge (which would go nicely with kissel), no milk or anything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dry cereal means without milk you obtuse prat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Dry cereal means without milk you obtuse prat.

Rude!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Solice Kirsk posted:

I eat cereal that way usually because I'm not going to buy milk just to pour it on my cereal and then dump it down the sink. Some cereals are bad without milk but just don't buy those ones and it's fine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

dump it down the sink.

What the heck?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I eat cereal that way usually because I'm not going to buy milk just to pour it on my cereal and then dump it down the sink. Some cereals are bad without milk but just don't buy those ones and it's fine.

What the gently caress

E;fb but who the hell doesn't drink the tasty cereal flavored milk that's left over?? That's the best part

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Milk sucks and I don't like eating fuckin soggy rear end food.

Also milk is now the official Neo-Nazi drink.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Milk sucks and I don't like eating fuckin soggy rear end food.

Also milk is now the official Neo-Nazi drink.

Why are all the dudes in that picture dark if they're supposed to be nazis?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why are all the dudes in that picture dark if they're supposed to be nazis?

Turn your brightness up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just eat it out of the box with your hands you loving gorilla.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just eat it out of the box with your hands you loving gorilla.

I do if nobody is around. You get a lot more weird looks if you just eat it out of the box than if you eat it from a bowl with no milk.

Cereal is a lovely breakfast food anyway. Cook an egg or something you'll enjoy it more than your fruity pebbles.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I do if nobody is around. You get a lot more weird looks if you just eat it out of the box than if you eat it from a bowl with no milk.

Cereal is a lovely breakfast food anyway. Cook an egg or something you'll enjoy it more than your fruity pebbles.

I disagree with you about cereal, my friend but will agree eggs are good.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Almond milk is superior to cow milk in nearly every instance.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Cereal is only a staple breakfast food because of that lovely "eat almost nothing but carbs" food pyramid, it'll be nice if its ideas ever die off

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Weird, I pictured you being a milk purist who loves full fat milk or even raw milk.

Sentient Data posted:

Cereal is only a staple breakfast food because of that lovely "eat almost nothing but carbs" food pyramid, it'll be nice if its ideas ever die off

10-12 servings of grains a day!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like all the foods everyone's fighting about, cereal/OJ combo aside. Oh's is the best cereal and is good dry.
And echoing the goon who said if you think [X] is too sweet, you are probably eating too much of it, goddamn.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Das Boo posted:

Oh's is the best cereal

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jastiger posted:

This is the only thing you've ever posted that legitimately bothers me

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Weird, I pictured you being a milk purist who loves full fat milk or even raw milk.

Why?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm with him, you definitely strike me as the kind of the guy who would order whole milk at a bar. I'm not sure what that says about what I think of you, but that's the picture I had.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Seems like all the people who have extremely hardcore beliefs about things in general like raw milk. It's a weird freedom thing.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Feh. Im like the opposite of that lol

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is your roommate a young Coach McGuirk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19MdWxcEfI

I like how some are presuming that people who eat cereal with milk are the weird ones. Eating cereal and eating it with milk. Who does that?

I'm with him, you definitely strike me as the kind of the guy who would order whole milk at a bar. I'm not sure what that says about what I think of you, but that's the picture I had.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jastiger posted:

Way less protein for a start.

Also almond farming is a Bad Thing or something I'm not an environmental researcher idk.

edit: Takes over a gallon of water to produce a single almond and 82% of the world's supply is grown in a dry dustpile of a state.

sassassin has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Feb 11, 2017

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Cereal sucks, eat porridge instead. You don't even have to cook it, you can just mix the grain with something else and eat as is.

Milk is similar. Yogurt or fermented buttermilk is so much better and more healthy, who the hell drinks milk?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Another one I have: the original series is the best Star Trek, in my opinion. I have nothing against Deep Space Nine; it was a very well-written show that did a lot to expand the Star Trek universe. But it tended to be grimdark at times while The Next Generation tended to be utopian. TOS was a good balance between optimism and realism. It's a much better show than it's given credit for.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
TOS remains the only Star Trek I haven't watched, it just seems too dated and Shatner too ridiculous to spend the time on. DS9 is the best of the series, and Picard the best captain, and those 2 statements are not in conflict at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Another one I have: the original series is the best Star Trek, in my opinion. I have nothing against Deep Space Nine; it was a very well-written show that did a lot to expand the Star Trek universe. But it tended to be grimdark at times while The Next Generation tended to be utopian. TOS was a good balance between optimism and realism. It's a much better show than it's given credit for.

On the other hand, TOS is so incredible dated, and I'm not talking about the sets or special effects.

The sheer amount of casual sexism is jaw dropping. I've just started watching it for the first time, and while I get that the 60s were a different time, holy cow.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

WampaLord posted:

On the other hand, TOS is so incredible dated, and I'm not talking about the sets or special effects.

The sheer amount of casual sexism is jaw dropping. I've just started watching it for the first time, and while I get that the 60s were a different time, holy cow.

Fair enough. TOS is very rooted in 1960s culture. Turnabout Intruder is probably one of the worst episodes for the sexism you're talking about. I wouldn't say it's dated, though. The special effects may be, but the ideas in the episodes are still very much relevant.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Almonds are a blight one very place where they are produced-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Dennis Coles is the one true Ironman, Robert Downey Jr. is the worst and I hate seeing him in movies.