Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Even Hitler only did two of those things. This Baghdadi character must be really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Baddaddy.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

AfroSquirrel posted:

Where's the Hitler column?

The one on the left

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I love how specific all the things are. It's like that thing where a restaurant is 'in the top 25 in the state' or whatever.

Bannon never beheaded journalists

Bannon never used chemical weapons on kurds

Bannon never employed child soldiers

Bannon never caused mass executions of christians

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Even Hitler only did two of those things. This Baghdadi character must be really bad.

I just got "employed child soldiers" in my Hitler column?

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
You guys really dropped the ball here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tree Goat posted:

You guys really dropped the ball here.

nice

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Baron Corbyn posted:

I just got "employed child soldiers" in my Hitler column?

He also mass executed Christians (just like he mass executed most groups at least occasionally), and Nazis sometimes used guillotines.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Do you know who else gassed the Kurds?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
TIL that W.E.B. Du Bois used to do infographics.

http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/w-e-b-du-bois-hand-drawn-infographics-of-african-american-life-1900/

Some of them are pretty cool:

Some are...interesting.

Some are not good.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Is it, though? There's no scale on the y axis. For all we know, page 69 is only marginally nicer than the rest.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Phanatic posted:

Some are...interesting.

I can't be the only one that sees Loss.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I can't be the only one that sees goatse.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

I can't be the only one that sees goatse.

sometimes you just see what you want to see I guess

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

stimulated emission posted:

I may have posted this before about a year ago when I originally saw it, but I just came across this picture I had saved of a slide from a class I took while looking for something in my old "school" folder.

It's from a quality engineering textbook :downs:

Most confusing Monopoly game board ever.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

He also mass executed Christians (just like he mass executed most groups at least occasionally), and Nazis sometimes used guillotines.

eh, when I read the phrase "mass executed Christians", I assume the implication is they were mass executed for being Christian.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Comparisons like that need a third "Jesus" column. Washed poor people's feet? NOT BANNON. Restored sight to a blind dude? NOT BANNON

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sweeperbravo posted:

Comparisons like that need a third "Jesus" column. Washed poor people's feet? NOT BANNON.

You don't know what the man's into.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

HardDiskD posted:

I'm the time axis.

grate deceiver posted:

I'm the human redources

Look, wait, no, enough of this. You're not. You are not actually these abstract concepts.

What are you actually getting at here? I see this a lot lately, and I can't make head nor loving tail of it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyperlynx posted:

Look, wait, no, enough of this. You're not. You are not actually these abstract concepts.

What are you actually getting at here? I see this a lot lately, and I can't make head nor loving tail of it.

I’m the comedy coming from inside the thread.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm the goon who doesn't know they can find all about inside jokes in the SAclopedia and the inside jokes thread.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Groke posted:

Most confusing Monopoly game board ever.

Thats talisman, son

Zekky
Feb 27, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm the abstract concept of anger over the personification of abstract concepts.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I'm flosofl's self-loathing.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I'm a meat popsicle

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

What the gently caress is this even holy lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They just mixed up the colors in the legend, otherwise everything is correct

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

mobby_6kl posted:

They just mixed up the colors in the legend, otherwise everything is correct

That's a pretty big "just" considering it was the only thing they had to get right!

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

He who am the only one.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm the goon who doesn't know they can find all about inside jokes in the SAclopedia and the inside jokes thread.

No, I get it from context. It's still loving stupid, though. What I can't understand is how it became a thing.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyperlynx posted:

No, I get it from context. It's still loving stupid, though. What I can't understand is how it became a thing.

You realise jokes and culture are things that exist and aren't static?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm this dumb derail.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

At first sight I parsed this as sanctimoniousnewsjournal.com

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He who am the only one.

Am I seriously seeing a Van der Graaf Generator reference in a terrible graphs thread

You are a cool dude

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

goose willis posted:

Am I seriously seeing a Van der Graaf Generator reference in a terrible graphs thread

You are a cool dude

Better than that. I'm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn2t0ltjP1s

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:hf:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hyperlynx posted:

gently caress all y'all for not explaining this

Okay so the joke is that people would post pictures and occasionally someone would claim to be someone in one of the pictures, "I'm the dude on the left" or "I'm the guy poopin' hisself" or whatever, usually as a slightly more interesting way of saying "That guy on the left has a funny expression on his face" or "someone is making GBS threads themselves in that picture." You know, pointing out funny stuff that other people might have missed, by way of claiming to have been there. It kind of fit with the whole 'goon anonymity' thing.

Eventually this evolved into people claiming to be funny things in the picture, or funny abstract observations about the picture. This is how it's stayed since. A lot of people don't get it, and a lot of people assume it's some dumb abstract fuckin' Fight Club reference or something. Which it probably is at this point due to those people, but it didn't start that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
im the spergy post about im the