Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Narcian map is like a puzzle where you don't have the right pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Ugh. This map is really frustrating when all your good units are fragile as hell. Also who is better, laslow or Ogma?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The way to beat the Narcian map is to put one unit in the choke point who can survive getting hit 2-3x in a row, then pulling them back and letting the rest of your team clean up. Just throw your beefiest 2+ move char in there. Knights and other 1 move heavies don't really work because Narcian will swoop in on the next turn if you can't box off whoever was tanking, unless you have a unit with Reposition (reverse Pivot) or something.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Philip Rivers posted:

The way to beat the Narcian map is to put one unit in the choke point who can survive getting hit 2-3x in a row, then pulling them back and letting the rest of your team clean up. Just throw your beefiest 2+ move char in there. Knights and other 1 move heavies don't really work because Narcian will swoop in on the next turn if you can't box off whoever was tanking, unless you have a unit with Reposition (reverse Pivot) or something.

Can confirm this works; in my case, the character tanking the hits ended up being my Lv. 40 +HP -DEF Robin: periodic healing and sniping the right targets did wonders and let me clear the Hard version of the map!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

That's how I did it, but I don't have anyone beefy enough for Hard. And I can't sneak in with Camilla because the archers take her out. It's pretty hosed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spellman posted:

That's how I did it, but I don't have anyone beefy enough for Hard. And I can't sneak in with Camilla because the archers take her out. It's pretty hosed.

I just killed the archer with Camilla

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My strategy involved my level 40 Takumi, who when I dropped him down to a silver bow would survive the onslaught of the bow knight and the sword dude with 1HP.

Then I pulled him back and had Lucina hold the line and take out the mages until she dropped down again, at which point my 4* level 1 Olivia pulled her back, and I sent in Lyn to mop up the rest.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What's the consensus on CorrinF?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Andrast posted:

I just killed the archer with Camilla

Oh you're right, I didn't think I'd survive that with my 37 Camilla. Send Abel in to kill the red guy immediately, he can survive even the green magic user. Then send him back, have Marth hop in front, Takumi takes out Narcian, and Camilla kills the blue mage. Marth kills the green mage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I'm getting torn up on normal 9-3 because my only carry is Y. Tiki who can't double that blue mage and my other guys are cavalry. I think the solution is probably "level a wyvern"? Any advice?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's funny hearing the boss theme play when you attack Wrys

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

acumen posted:

Start loading up on Hectors to counter the new spear lord meta
I apologize in advance for my incoming "whaling for Ephraim and Eirika" behavior.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

HGH posted:

She's good. Blue is a good color to have given the current meta, and she hits Res as well.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

HGH posted:

Her signature weapon will completely remove the need for you to ever waste your time leveling dagger characters.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there a consensus on Roy yet? Not sure if I should just swap out Corrin(M) for him - Roy's got better defenses and Shove, Corrin's got Dragon Fang and a +4 Speed when attacking.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Man the concept of IVs in a game where it's already pretty rare to get a super duper good unit only for them to be raw poopdick because they didn't also win the check on good stats is kinda bullshit :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Servaetes posted:

Man the concept of IVs in a game where it's already pretty rare to get a super duper good unit only for them to be raw poopdick because they didn't also win the check on good stats is kinda bullshit :(

the optimal stat thing doesn't really matter for 99% of people playing this game though. like it kind of sucks to get a bad roll on that stuff but it barely matters except in the most high-end metagame sense

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Can someone explain how ranking works? I'm at 3100 offense but still unranked.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ComposerGuy posted:

You have to have 100k or fewer people worldwide have a better score than you

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How many people are playing this game?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

DalaranJ posted:

Her signature weapon will completely remove the need for you to ever waste your time leveling dagger characters.
No it won't. The debuff only hits around the target not the target+AOE.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A heck of a lot. More than 50K competitively to boot.

Folt The Bolt posted:

She's good. Blue is a good color to have given the current meta, and she hits Res as well.

DalaranJ posted:

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

Also I did a final 5 pull and got Takumi #2. Should I make one super Takumi or keep both? I can see why murdering everyone with the latter would be super easy, but stuff like Tharja would still annihilate me.
Other units were lackluster, so now my options for Red are AdultTiki, Ogma, Lon'Qu and Eliwood. I think Tiki is by far the best choice here?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

JESUS gently caress HELP ME THE RNG CREATED DEATHFFIE

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 11, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

ComposerGuy posted:

The highest scores are ranked. You're pretty low - the top players are the 4500 range.

Aim for 4000 if you want to be on the board. My best score this week is around 4200, which currently correlates to the top 6000-7000 players.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

A strange game. The only winning move is to throw myself at the feet of Deathffie and pray she is merciful.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

HGH posted:

A heck of a lot. More than 50K competitively to boot.

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

Also I did a final 5 pull and got Takumi #2. Should I make one super Takumi or keep both? I can see why murdering everyone with the latter would be super easy, but stuff like Tharja would still annihilate me.
Other units were lackluster, so now my options for Red are AdultTiki, Ogma, Lon'Qu and Eliwood. I think Tiki is by far the best choice here?
Yeah basically run Tiki / FCorrin / Takumi x2

Corrin and Tiki are both tanks. Tiki will eat up all green physical stuff. Corrin will eat up everything else and debuff armies. Use Takumis to kill anything especially high res stuff cause your two dragons will have a hard time killing them as they target res. Keep mages away from your dragons although Tiki can sometimes take a hit.

Good comp IMO, have fun with it. I really like FCorrin personally. I think Adult Tiki is kinda meh but she's good enough with Takumis and poo poo.

If you want a healer I'd probably experiment with swapping the tiki or Takumi. Could go either way.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

trip report: deathffie had no concept of mercy, and oneshot everyone except effie

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rascyc posted:

No it won't. The debuff only hits around the target not the target+AOE.

Really? It's always something with this game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

trip report: deathffie had no concept of mercy, and oneshot everyone except effie
Have you tried appealing to her wife Elise to fix your situation?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Have you tried appealing to her wife Elise to fix your situation?

deathffie had no wife, only a back hollowness of a soul filled with ohps in the squatrack and protein

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm pretty impressed with 3* Clarine. I'm not sure how she stacks up to Serra, but Clarine's got some decent attack on her and being on a horse means she can get around to people to health them more easily.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Clawtopsy posted:

Should have brought a wizard.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I fear the day when hand axes, javelins and wind swords make their appearance.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there a consensus on Roy yet? Not sure if I should just swap out Corrin(M) for him - Roy's got better defenses and Shove, Corrin's got Dragon Fang and a +4 Speed when attacking.

For the most part Roy is a fairly mediocre unit, but I have found myself going back to him quite a lot on the 5* maps. Triangle Adept lets him handle some of the hilariously powerful green units you will face and his defensive stats make him a solid roadblock against other red units.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm pretty impressed with 3* Clarine. I'm not sure how she stacks up to Serra, but Clarine's got some decent attack on her and being on a horse means she can get around to people to health them more easily.

Being able to stand 1 extra tile away and still get to any melee that needs healing is really nice. Reconcile also means you don't have to stick around and attack someone to heal yourself like Serra. The -6 attack debuff and +resistance passive makes her surprisingly tanky against enemy mages and great for pulling or isolating them.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
decided to make one last roll on the banner before it goes away in a couple of days.

:buddy:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just want to double check, there's no difference between a 3 star promoted to 5 and a natural 5 star?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Effie owns. The only reason she doesn't dominate on my team is that awful one space move.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KnoxZone posted:

For the most part Roy is a fairly mediocre unit, but I have found myself going back to him quite a lot on the 5* maps. Triangle Adept lets him handle some of the hilariously powerful green units you will face and his defensive stats make him a solid roadblock against other red units.

I like bringing him to maps with a lot of green units and just throwing him out in the middle of it. It's like watching a bird slam into a window. Except the window is a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just want to double check, there's no difference between a 3 star promoted to 5 and a natural 5 star?

There isn't any difference. A 3* Robin promoted to 5* will be the same as one drawn at 5*. Units also retain their IV trends across rarity levels apparently, so if that 3* Robin has a HP trend then it will also have that trend as it levels as a 5*

Also on a related note, units won't keep their IV bonus from merging after you increase their rarity, so it's probably a pretty big waste to merge any unit before they're 5*