Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BJPaskoff posted:

I did start watching Shameless and oh drat is it good. I didn't realize it was seven seasons long, but now I'm committed as long as it doesn't turn to poo poo in a few seasons like most shows do. I already hate the homophobic kid and the gay kid, but the rest of the cast is top notch.

I'm so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I'm a little bummed that there's no thread for Baskets, I'd love to chat about this show with someone. They're like four episodes into the new season and it's been great so far, so weird and touching and funny and sad. Louie Anderson is still killing it and the whole storyline set up by the finale last season seems to be wrapping up and it was pretty loving intense for a "Zach Galifianakis plays an obnoxious clown" show. There doesn't really seem to be anything else like this on TV right now, tonally it reminds me of Louie sometimes but it's still pretty much its own thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Baskets owns but honestly only like 3 people including you and I would post in a thread for it. Still one episode behind but the first 3 are goddamn awesome, a step up from season 1 and even more bizarre and downbeat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like Baskets but I think Horace and Pete is just as interesting, maybe moreso.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Finished up Santa Clarita Diet. They really nailed the casting and the dialogue. What a great little show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

precision posted:

I like Baskets but I think Horace and Pete is just as interesting, maybe moreso.

Is Horace and Pete streaming anywhere or still just purchase only?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Snoopy posted:

Can you take point on that because I need some Billions discussion on the regular.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809695

Here is the place where you can discuss the finer differences between rear end Lube, and Regular Lube.

(I kinda poo poo on the show a bit but I do like it)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Is Horace and Pete streaming anywhere or still just purchase only?

It's on Hulu

and yeah I prefer H&P (as everyone should know by now) but that doesn't seem super relevant re: Baskets

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

Either way, I want to see where it winds up. :munch:

It probably won't adapt this but one can hope.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

It probably won't adapt this but one can hope.

The Riverdale/Legends of Tomorrow crossover that nobody asked for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

It's on Hulu

and yeah I prefer H&P (as everyone should know by now) but that doesn't seem super relevant re: Baskets

They're both Louis CK joints

Baskets is also on Hulu, something that Hulu apparently tried to hide from me until last night, so I'm rewatching season 1 and it's even better the second time. It's great when Zach Galafinakas actually puts effort forth

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

McSpanky posted:

Bring back Almost Human :argh:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Legion was extremely goddamn good, man. Please don't sleep on this show, I can tell it's going to be something pretty special.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I can't wait for season two where we decide that actually it's poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On rewatching Buckets, Louie Anderson is the best part of the show, holy poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes he is. that emmy was well-deserved

also lol @ 'buckets'

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched The Magicians but it's the sort of thing I'm into so I'll probably get round to it eventually. However, I just looked it up on Amazon and according to its pre-order page it's got an 18 certificate in the UK.

What's it got then? Violence? Nudity?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is that the equivalent of an R rating? It's a Syfy show so I can't imagine anything that would garner that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I think 18 would be R. The ratings we have are U > PG > 12 > 15 > 18.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's pretty violent. Outside of the US I think people are more wary of violence than nudity.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Might well be. I believe having a neck snap in your show is an automatic 15 rating, because the only DS9 disc with a 15 certificate on it is the one with the episode where O'Brien (accidentally) breaks a guy's neck.

FarScape likewise has an 18 rating for a single episode (the one where Chianna bursts some kind of pustule on a living alien space ship and it splatters over the bad guy and melts his arm off).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They also drop a ton of f-bombs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Parent's guide on IMDb doesn't make it sound too adult at all outside of the f-bombs, really. Wouldn't think the violence would be so brutal if it's just SyFy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

There is some semen guzzling, rape, orgies, dismemberment and squirts of blood.

So not too bad.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GreenNight posted:

There is some semen guzzling, rape, orgies, dismemberment and squirts of blood.

So not too bad.

But enough about reruns of This Old House with Bob Vila

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

also lol @ 'buckets'

In my defense, there's a Yo La Tengo song called "The Ballad of Red Buckets" which I always thought was about a sad clown.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Homeland finally did it. A terrorist attack, sort of, in New York City. Didn't think they'd have the balls to do that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm on episode 3 of Baskets and I'm having a hard time enjoying it because I really hate Martha. Should I give up now?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm being creeped out by needles on Mary Kills people, i think i might be out. Needles win everytime.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

Homeland finally did it. A terrorist attack, sort of, in New York City. Didn't think they'd have the balls to do that.

Homeland has been good-to-great since Brody's family was written out of the show.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah, bit of a slow burn this season till now.

e: should be very interesting from now on though

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 13, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

So are we talking 24 quality? Or...

(And of course I mean old school 24 and not the new 24.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So are we talking 24 quality? Or...

(And of course I mean old school 24 and not the new 24.)

It was a massive UHAUL truck bomb detonated in midtown Manhattan in broad daylight.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

Homeland has been good-to-great since Brody's family was written out of the show.

Man I should start watching it again if that's the case.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonz posted:

It was a massive UHAUL truck bomb detonated in midtown Manhattan in broad daylight.
Well that's ballsy :stare: Not quite 24's nuke going off in Los Angeles ballsy, but still!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked the Legion pilot, but it's gotten pretty eye rolling that we still always see mental hospitals on TV portrayed as being full of drooling space cadets and twitchy lunatics. At least everyone wasn't wearing bathrobes for once. Otherwise it looks fantastic and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

I wonder if David's ever going to get his super tall hair.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Baskets is so good but that one Samsung product placement bit really took me out of the latest episode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm on episode 3 of Baskets and I'm having a hard time enjoying it because I really hate Martha. Should I give up now?

She is one of the three stars of the show. I'd stick it out a few more episodes because I think she gets a lot better. I didn't like her much in the first few either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I loved Martha from the beginning but she definitely improves. She continues to bring that same (lack of) energy to the show, though, if that's what you don't enjoy.

• Locked thread