Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

No they aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thrifting Day! posted:

No they aren't.

It's an easy mistake to make, after the Superbowl the word "revolver" was popping up on twitter a lot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aaw!!!!!!!!!!!

Full room probably approaching 400 people that was immediately very hot for this show.

Arik Cannon defeated David Starr, Stephen Wolf, and Marion Fontaine in a four-way to open. This was David Starr's debut in the promotion and he established himself as a heel pretty quickly. This was mostly a comedy match centered around the other guys tempting Cannon with a can of PBR until Starr took it and dropped it down the center of the ringpost. Snappy opener.

Mike Hartenbower defeated Zicky Dice in a squash. Hadn't seen Dice before but the LaSalle crowd seemed familiar with him. He did a magic trick with a playing card in order to distract and take a cheap shot at Hartenbower, which set up the finish where Hartenbower speared him and a full deck of playing cards went flying, which was a great visual.

Candice LeRae & Samantha Heights defeated Jessicka Havok & Sienna. This was structured around Havok and Sienna/Kay beating on Heights, who was fine as the face in peril. She finally got the hot tag but Candice/Havok botched Candice's springboard arm drag which sort of dampened the momentum. Candice got the pin with her suplex.

Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett defeated Paco & Ace Perry. Paco and Perry are a good combo of clean-cut fresh-faced kids.

DJ Z/Zema Ion def Aldo Rose aka KRUGAR. This was introduced with a video promo where Rose ditched his Adam Rose glasses and accent and turned into some variation of his old Leo Kruger gimmick. I had no particular interest in seeing him but Dreamwave always booked "special guests" for autographs so it seems like AAW is trying to keep that going for this show. Anyway Krugar seemed determined to get over because he came out and was immediately working very snug with DJZ. They moved to a brawl on the outside real quickly and Krugar gave him the absolute loudest chest chop I've ever heard in my life. Put Roddy Strong and Pentagon to shame, it actually hurt my ears. Krugar then set him up against the barricade and got a running start and DJZ gave him a back body drop into the crowd/a bunch of chairs so they were getting their money's worth for the booking. DJZ got the win with the ZDT, better action than I'd expected.

Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier defeated OI4K (Jake and Dave Crist). This was probably the match of the night. I think Wentz and Xavier are Ohio/CZW guys so these four have probably worked together a lot. Dave was going for his springboard ace cutter when Wentz rolled him up for a surprise pin.

ACH def Trevor Lee to retain the AAW Heritage Title. This was a disappointment, they started off doing schtick and comedy dance-offs and that just went too long. Not much rhythm to the match once it got going, either. It's a small venue so the guardrail is pretty close to the ring but ACH hasn't done a dive in this building in his two matches here and I thought Trevor as an opponent might have rated a dive.

After intermission, Brubaker and Zero Gravity (CJ Esparza & Brett Gakiya) defeated Kody Rice, Connor Braxton, & Buck Nasty with Scarlett Bordeaux. This was supposed to be Buck Nasty+The Hooligans but there was a video promo saying that one of the Hooligans broke his leg the night before. This was fine for warming the crowd back up after the intermission; Brubaker had maybe done 100 Dreamwave shows here so he and Zero Gravity always get good reactions.

Penta El 0 M defeated AR Fox next. People got up big time for both these guys. Penta can get by on his charisma and reactions alone, but they pulled out a top-rope Canadian destroyer for the finish here which was absolutely crazy and warranted money being thrown in the ring.

Sami Callihan defeated Kongo Kong to retain the AAW Championship. This ended up being really fun. Sami wrestled in his street clothes for the second straight show for whatever reason; I think he's trying to get over the idea that he doesn't think his challengers are worthy or deserving enough. Kongo threw Sami over the barricade and was setting up a dive, which I think could very well have caused the floor to drop out of the room as it already vibrates with every big bump in the ring. The Crists ran in to interfere, though, and then Dezmond/Wentz ran in for the save. They did a dive on to the Crists and then Kong did a dive on to all five guys. After the loss Kong started destroying OI4K and they fed him a bunch of ring crew guys one-by-one so he could destroy them. Good showcase for Kong even as everyone knew he wasn't winning and a fun conclusion. I'd probably put this among the top 5 AAW shows of the last couple years just in terms of the atmosphere and crowd being lively for everything, even if it didn't have the sort of great workrate showcase they've had on other shows.

Announced for March 4 LaSalle:
OI4K vs. Dezmond Xavier+Zachary Wentz 2/3 falls
Sami Callihan
Fenix
Ethan Page
Mat Fitchett
Davey Vega
Arik Cannon
Brubaker
Space Monkey
special autograph guest is Val Venis

they also announced Jack Evans+Trevor Lee vs. Dezmond Xavier+Zachary Wentz for this month's Bourbon Street show so I guess they're doing the freebird rule with Jack. The Dez+Wentz team is fun

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is Val Venis going to have a wrestling match too?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doubt it

edit: also JT Dunn debuts on March 4 and DJZ has been added to 2/17

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MCW put up Lio Rush vs. Anthony Henry for free. Was easily the best match of the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjnvRMmZkg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

read it and weep super dragon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm the little rowboat in the background

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the chaos theoc

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dafuq?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A match where Ethan Page is the babyface because being a bozo isn't a crime.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

coconono posted:

A match where Ethan Page is the babyface because being a bozo isn't a crime.

Yeah, but it is going to feel weird...

e: Oh, it's LaSalle. Never mind.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ethan page isnt a bourbon street caliber talent

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i'm not sure what i feel worse about
wanting to support adam rose because of his son's medical condition, or hating adam rose after he hit his wife and then made a t-shirt about it
can those feelings coexist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

checksin posted:

i'm not sure what i feel worse about
wanting to support adam rose because of his son's medical condition, or hating adam rose after he hit his wife and then made a t-shirt about it
can those feelings coexist

Of course. Essentially not wanting to support an awful person, but understanding that doing so would punish someone else who doesn't deserve it

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is anyone going to the Scenic City Rumble in Chattanooga?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp

Remember that Kris Travis Memorial Tournament PCW are running this month? People generally assumed it was (at least partially) going to be for charity, either for cancer research or to Cavendish care who looked after Kris in his final days.

PCW posted:

We raised about 15k for Kris Travis in the past. Think we earned the right to do our own thing now.

Then when asked whether his family was OK with his name and image being used to promote a PCW show where zero of the proceeds go to charity:

PCW posted:

We are using his character from PCW, considering he was Mr. PCW.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

haha that's indescribably lovely. "We used the name '20K Marathon For Cancer Research' for a few years in order to raise money for our charity, now it's time to get ours."

Though that's probably something a Susan G. Komen employee would say.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chris James 2 posted:

Welp

Remember that Kris Travis Memorial Tournament PCW are running this month? People generally assumed it was (at least partially) going to be for charity, either for cancer research or to Cavendish care who looked after Kris in his final days.

Then when asked whether his family was OK with his name and image being used to promote a PCW show where zero of the proceeds go to charity:

Holy poo poo, at least that Trent Acid tournament that Zandig ran without his family's permission didn't respond to anything.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is anyone going to the Scenic City Rumble in Chattanooga?

The guy I went to SCI with is going but I think I'm going to pass on this one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got blocked by PCW's twitter so now I can't figure out how to mail these DVDs back to them. Classy guys.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

From the reddit thread I've also heard for the first time that the owner of PCW took Chris Masters to a 14 year old's house to threaten the kid because he was uploading bootlegs of their shows and put the whole ordeal on Youtube (only stayed up for a couple of hours). Gotta love the wrestling business.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's funny tho

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's funny tho

I agree. My statement was more I love the carny side of the wrestling business for the humour it brings.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MagicCube posted:

From the reddit thread I've also heard for the first time that the owner of PCW took Chris Masters to a 14 year old's house to threaten the kid because he was uploading bootlegs of their shows and put the whole ordeal on Youtube (only stayed up for a couple of hours). Gotta love the wrestling business.

I would pay more for video of this incident than every other PCW show put together.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Even if you don't watch WXW or CZW check this out. It is a piece of business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGhcMtDASpY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/830163779681935360

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
If a couple of the planned matches for the GCW Janela show actually happen, that show is going to be some serious can't miss weirdness. Those WrestleCon Supershows have set the bar pretty high, but this might clear it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The world demands Franky the Mobster vs Jeff Jarrett

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

BaldipISW posted:

If a couple of the planned matches for the GCW Janela show actually happen, that show is going to be some serious can't miss weirdness. Those WrestleCon Supershows have set the bar pretty high, but this might clear it.

This/last year's Wrestlemania weekend might be the last of their kind. Floslam and WWE UK deals have and will caused more major headaches. Stunt booking is the way to go IMO.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I hope Janela is finally getting Jannetty. His gofundme kind of petered out at $20-30 out of a $5000 goal.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

T-minus 1 week until PWG champion Chuck Taylor!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TUS posted:

T-minus 1 week until PWG champion Chuck Taylor!

If Chuck doesn't win I will be upset. I will become a Zack Hater Jr.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ZSJ is wrestling in the Bay Area the night before. I will politely remind him during his match that Chuck Taylor is better.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Zack Sabre jr is really good and I like him a lot, but if chucky T loses I will be beyond pissed. Do the right thing Excalibur.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
If I'm not able to watch Chucky T win the title in 6 months when the dvd ships I'll be very upset :(.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mercedes Martinez now holds the SHIMMER and WSU titles:

https://twitter.com/WSUWrestling/status/830574850112647178

Have dug her comeback so far from the hiatus she took.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Powerbomb.tv 10 day free trial woop woop