Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

I'm gonna get it on steam today and find out about the char somber said I was

See you in a couple weeks Moat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EccoRaven posted:

the creator said harvest moon 64 was the last good harvest moon. it's really good, even considering that video games are bad.

I would have liked the gamecube one but goats are useless after running out of milk so all you can do is get rid of them.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

See you in a couple weeks Moat!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

the creator said harvest moon 64 was the last good harvest moon. it's really good, even considering that video games are bad.

Back to Nature was the best, though I'm not sure if that came before or after 64. That said Stardew Valley is everything Harvest Moon should've been (I haven't played any modern Harvest Moon games).

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lol that you think my attention span is that long

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Nah, bro. Nah.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I love harvest moon games but can never play them for that long. I sometimes feel guilty I've

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i finally hit a wall in fall of year 2. i made my million and i have to get married if i want a good evaluation from grandpa, but the more i learn about these video game boys the more conflicted i am about who to choose, because i have hosed up brains in my head.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
shane is the best male suitor. he comes with a chicken, e.g. leah is the best female, because she has a cool braid.

shane > harvey > sebastian > that skateboarder guy > elliot > the jock with the terrible backstory (when your parents died you could have chosen to be batman, you are a failure)

and then

leah > maru > penny > emily > abigail > haley

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

i finally hit a wall in fall of year 2. i made my million and i have to get married if i want a good evaluation from grandpa, but the more i learn about these video game boys the more conflicted i am about who to choose, because i have hosed up brains in my head.

Do you really have to get married to get the best evaluation? In my last playthrough I got the best reward even though I went the Joja route, and I'm pretty sure scrapping the community centre would've cost me a comparable amount of points to you never getting married. If you made a million you should be most of the way there.

Not sure how spoiled you are or want to be, but if you complete the community centre that's obviously good for some points.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bifauxnen posted:

Do you really have to get married to get the best evaluation? In my last playthrough I got the best reward even though I went the Joja route, and I'm pretty sure scrapping the community centre would've cost me a comparable amount of points to you never getting married. If you made a million you should be most of the way there.

Not sure how spoiled you are or want to be, but if you complete the community centre that's obviously good for some points.

I've never been married at the point of evaluation and have gotten top marks every time.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
haley is the only chick with a personality so go with her

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah I didn't download it I just played rock band instead

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

busb posted:

haley is the only chick with a personality so go with her

it's kinda true

i hosed up my tree placement and didn't notice, so no community center until i can get a pomegranate and some apples. i could probably make it through by just upping my hearts with everyone.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Poque posted:

help i'm trapped

I know this pain.

Once a year, the harvest festival comes around, and once a year I get to make Pierre cry like the little baby he is. Then the festival passes, and I start my countdown for next year.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I know this pain.

Once a year, the harvest festival comes around, and once a year I get to make Pierre cry like the little baby he is. Then the festival passes, and I start my countdown for next year.

You should write erotica.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TLDR: Should I apply to work in call centers or should I stick with my 2 part-time jobs that I'm not terribly fond of. Which will be the least worse?

For those who work/have worked in a call center.

I figure it'd be a different experience in France, but what're your opinions on the matter? I'm employed by two lovely somewhat exploitive part-time jobs, and while both are in areas that are actually important to me (education in one and culture the other) they neither offer any chance for growth or are really what I want to do. In the former I do rote-memorization techniques to "teach" business people English and it's really demotivating especially since I'd like to actually teach and this is very much not that. The other is a pleasant part-time job at a library that will never be anything more than that. So rather than going mad and getting heavily bummed out on a regular basis because of this, I want to just get a steady full-time job, that perhaps doesn't pay much, but enough and gives me time to study for the exams that I need to take to be a teacher. Assuming that the call centers here in Paris are full-time would you guys suggest the experience? Cliché dictates that they're soul-sucking experiences, but I just want something reliable for the next 6-12 months (if I pass or fail my upcoming test really; if I fail I'll have to take it again next year).

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poque posted:

It's the best harvest moon game
Rune Factory 3 was the best harvest moon game for a long time. Is this better? I've played a little of Stardew Valley and thought I'd miss the monsters but so far--- NUP.
I find it funny that the best harvest moon games are frequently not harvest moon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

TLDR: Should I apply to work in call centers or should I stick with my 2 part-time jobs that I'm not terribly fond of. Which will be the least worse?

I figure it'd be a different experience in France, but what're your opinions on the matter? I'm employed by two lovely somewhat exploitive part-time jobs, and while both are in areas that are actually important to me (education in one and culture the other) they neither offer any chance for growth or are really what I want to do. In the former I do rote-memorization techniques to "teach" business people English and it's really demotivating especially since I'd like to actually teach and this is very much not that. The other is a pleasant part-time job at a library that will never be anything more than that. So rather than going mad and getting heavily bummed out on a regular basis because of this, I want to just get a steady full-time job, that perhaps doesn't pay much, but enough and gives me time to study for the exams that I need to take to be a teacher. Assuming that the call centers here in Paris are full-time would you guys suggest the experience? Cliché dictates that they're soul-sucking experiences, but I just want something reliable for the next 6-12 months (if I pass or fail my upcoming test really; if I fail I'll have to take it again next year).

incoming calls are fine, outgoing no

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What kind of call center is it? It can be a tough or REALLY tough job depending on the types of people you'll have to deal with. (Source: I support several major consumer healthcare company call centers from an IT perspective.)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It absolutely depends on the type. I worked in an outgoing call centre for 3 months and it was the worst. It was not unusual to find people crying in the bathroom. I only worked 3 days a week because I needed a day off between each work day to get my mental strength back up to bring myself to go into work the other days.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Video games, much like busb are bad.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tommunist posted:

Video games, much like busb are bad.

the only time when replacing my name with anime is right.

how is being an oceanic team fortress pro going

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Podima posted:

What kind of call center is it? It can be a tough or REALLY tough job depending on the types of people you'll have to deal with. (Source: I support several major consumer healthcare company call centers from an IT perspective.)

Asiina posted:

It absolutely depends on the type. I worked in an outgoing call centre for 3 months and it was the worst. It was not unusual to find people crying in the bathroom. I only worked 3 days a week because I needed a day off between each work day to get my mental strength back up to bring myself to go into work the other days.

I'm not really sure. I applied, since I can always say no, so I'm waiting on some more information.

They call themselves a Société d'études, so that'd be some sort of poll-takers. I'm applying since they're looking for people who're multi-lingual for phone interviews. I imagine it's some sort of telemarketing. What I'm more worried about is that it's just going to be another part-time job, which is just the state of Europe right now, and in that case I'm not taking it. So we'll see.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everyone seriously watch terrace house

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think I have made a game that will punish lurking hard and will be opening tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

I think I have made a game that will punish lurking hard and will be opening tomorrow.

will join and lurk.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

CapitalistPig posted:

will join and lurk.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Please presign me, bowmore and Hal

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Elimination Chamber was fun as hell, I'll PM the winners tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Should just cancel Raw forever.

E: of course if Cpig won I won't spoil it for him, he will tell me when he gets there

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

Please presign me, bowmore and Hal
I guess I have no choice

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Presign

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Elimination Chamber was fun as hell, I'll PM the winners tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Should just cancel Raw forever.

E: of course if Cpig won I won't spoil it for him, he will tell me when he gets there

I forgot this was tonight. Going to turn it on now and catch the replay :)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

busb posted:

the only time when replacing my name with anime is right.

6:46 PM - busb: im not an anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god!!!!!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Tommunist posted:

6:46 PM - busb: im not an anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god!!!!!

mmmm no busb is actually an anime god

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
keep the library job, look for meaningful employment elsewhere.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Snooze Cruise posted:

everyone seriously watch terrace house

good show

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

keep the library job, look for meaningful employment elsewhere.

Generally what I've been doing, but as the library job requires me to work Wednesdays, and most people want me that day too it's been hard to coordinate. OR working 4 days a week gets me paid squat and the library job already pays the lowest possible, with absolutely no chance of advancement.

The only benefits it brings is that I do like the work and have made good friends there and it is literally next door to where I live. However, I see absolutely no future there (though I've been told I'd be hired were there ever an opening, but those sure won't be forthcoming EVER.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Gashapon Mafia, a 15+ player semi-role madness that rewards posting, is taking sign ups.