Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/828294105247657985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Konnan, Rey Mysterio, Hector Garza, and Silver King face a team led by Chris Jericho in a bout from WCW’s unaired pilot ‘Festival de Lucha’.

How lovely was Jericho's team if they didn't even include the names

EDIT:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/h0000165.htm

quote:

Konnan, Rey Misterio Jr., Hector Garza and Silver King beat Chris Jericho, Lenny Lane, Johnny Swinger and Norman Smiley

hahahahahahahahaha

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

At least he didn't have Benoit on there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Buddy Rogers vs Ric Flair sounds great, shame it's only an excerpt

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Buddy Rogers vs Ric Flair sounds great, shame it's only an excerpt

Another mark against your mod reign J-Ru

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Lenny Lane and Norman Smiley were pretty good, not a Sara Del Rey level talent but up there

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Smiley at least makes sense when you remember that he has a bunch of experience working with lucha guys, Swinger being there is a baffler other than "he's under contract and he was lucid when we asked him to do it".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's telling that this is the first time in history WWE Network has scooped the DJ Ran Position on a piece of WCW History.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Waltman vs Lynn sounds like it'd be great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Waltman vs Lynn sounds like it'd be great.

It's really good.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I remember the Leviathan Vs Lesnar match in OVW from my old tape trading days.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Are Austin and WWE on the outs? It's been ages since the last podcast.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

magnum_valentino posted:

Are Austin and WWE on the outs? It's been ages since the last podcast.

Was the Dean podcast the last one he did? Nobody came out of that looking great. I can't remember if the Mick/Shane one was before or after that.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Was the Dean podcast the last one he did? Nobody came out of that looking great. I can't remember if the Mick/Shane one was before or after that.

Mick and Shane was earlier, I think. God that Ambrose podcast was awkward.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Tuesday in Texas matters so little they forgot to even give timestamps for one of the matches.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
How do I watch last night's Talking Smack? It's not attached to the PPV or on the regular list of Talking Smack episodes.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

magnum_valentino posted:

How do I watch last night's Talking Smack? It's not attached to the PPV or on the regular list of Talking Smack episodes.

Go to the PPV's section and it's a separate thing in there.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

It's really good.

I'll ask you since you tend to know these things - did the "indy standoff" sequence originate with Lynn and Waltman's matches? Someone asked me recently and that's the earliest I can remember it happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

I'll ask you since you tend to know these things - did the "indy standoff" sequence originate with Lynn and Waltman's matches? Someone asked me recently and that's the earliest I can remember it happening.

I remember seeing it in a Japanese juniors match earlier but I'd bet that is where the sequence got started in the US. Waltman and Lynn had a huge influence on the 2000s indie workrate generation, both through their matches together and working with the guys as they came up.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Lenny Lane and Norman Smiley were pretty good, not a Sara Del Rey level talent but up there

Norman Smiley was a huge guilty pleasure of mine during WCW's short-lived Hardcore Title era with the shoulder pads and the dancing and the insanity.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No need to feel guilty pleasuring yourself to Norman smiley.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Looks like the latest update for the iPhone app includes Chromecast support (finally!) :dance:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

ftwtom posted:

Looks like the latest update for the iPhone app includes Chromecast support (finally!) :dance:

Holy poo poo, it's about time. Hopefully the Android chromecast update isn't far behind.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I've been watching the old 1993 Raws, it's a breeze since they were an hour long and you can skip through the awful promos and advertisements. But by doing that you get to see stuff like Randy Savage vs Repo Man, Marty Jannetty vs the future Headbanger Thrasher, and Shawn Michaels vs Max Moon. Well worth it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They put up a list of what they consider the best or most notable matches on the Network on WWE.com, and there's a 123 Kid vs Bret Hart title match from some Raw in '94 that sounds interesting for the story where they do a hosed finish where Bret got the pin but Waltman had a foot on the ropes, but instead of that just being the end, Bret sees it and makes the ref restart the match, which is such a good way to put over a straight-laced babyface.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That Bret/Kid match is so good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Janetty has a 2/3 falls match with Doink that's a legit ****+ match on a 93 RAW

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

Janetty has a 2/3 falls match with Doink that's a legit ****+ match on a 93 RAW

Looking forward to this, so far the highlight is seeing which jobbers show up. I've got Iron Mike Sharpe x2, Thrasher x2, and ECW's Jason so far, among other lesser known legends

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

With Raw mentioning that this is the 3 year anniversary of the Network, I realized that this is the most money I have given the WWE since college in 2002.

Congrats WWE! You created a winner.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Looking forward to this, so far the highlight is seeing which jobbers show up. I've got Iron Mike Sharpe x2, Thrasher x2, and ECW's Jason so far, among other lesser known legends

For real in those 93 Raws I really started to appreciate that Doink was a legit good worker.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The_Rob posted:

For real in those 93 Raws I really started to appreciate that Doink was a legit good worker.

You could almost say he was a larger than life living legend.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/chris-jericho-dresses-as-doink-the-clown-to-ambush-william-regal-raw-march-26-2001

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

With Raw mentioning that this is the 3 year anniversary of the Network, I realized that this is the most money I have given the WWE since college in 2002.

Congrats WWE! You created a winner.

It really is a great service, I didn't give a gently caress about wrestling but was bored on a night shift and signed up for the free trial to watch an old Wrestlemania (Wrestlemania 9 mostly out of nostalgia) I never unsubscribed and have ended up going to many live events including Mania 32 and soon mania 33.

I've spent a lot of money on this hobby thanks to that drat network.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We got the Network when it first debuted because my spouse had just gotten into wrestling. Three years later and we've been to Takeover: Brooklyn I & II in addition to watching NXT, the CWC, 205 Live, the PPVs, etc.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget that this is in association with MLB Advanced Media (which has experience in streaming tens of thousands of hours of baseball) so if you're worried about the site exploding when everyone tries to watch Wrestlemania don't because if they can have no problems streaming the World Series they're not going to have any streaming Wrestlemania.

This post is hilarious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

This post is hilarious

It's also been 100% accurate

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

IcePhoenix posted:

Except it isn't because nearly every PPV has lags, interruptions and sometimes complete service drops from time to time.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

YMMV I guess, I've literally never watched a live show on the Network that didn't drop from HD or cut out completely at some point. It's also not my connection because I never have problems with Netflix or other streaming services.

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 28, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

YMMV I guess, I've literally never watched a live show on the Network that didn't drop from HD or cut out completely at some point. It's also not my connection because I never have problems with Netflix or other streaming services.

It's probably your connection because I don't have these problems. Or if I do they're incredibly rare (once every few months) instead of literally every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

IcePhoenix posted:

It's probably your connection because I don't have these problems. Or if I do they're incredibly rare (once every few months) instead of literally every time.

It also depends what you're watching on for some reason. If i watch on my computer, I never have a problem. If I watch stuff on my (wired) PS4, I have the same poo poo bradzilla does. I rarely have complete drop outs, but it'll lag, there will be rollbacks, there will be sound drops and so on.