Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ok I'm #TeamSherman only because they haven't said anything yet

Also I solved the mystery of how they crashed. If you look, the boat and the island are the same hat. Ths boat didn't run aground, it was the ground all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Aw man for a minute there I thought he was continuing TGT. gently caress that.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Decision time with a smoke-colored monster. :lost:

Junk posted:

Aw man for a minute there I thought he was continuing TGT. gently caress that.
It's not the same, but we're all desperately searching for something to fill the TGT-sized hole in our hearts.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I am hating those grey speech bubbles. I thought they might be an annoying night-time thing but nope there they are in the day too.

Also he's really cut back on shading since tgt

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

http://ultimatelazerbot.deviantart.com/journal/TGT-New-Update-663007144

lazerbot posted:

TGT New Update

Hello to you all. We just wanted to announce that we will be removing TGT (And all other projects) from my old account here: ultimatelazerbot.deviantart.co… And adding them to the Upside Down official DeviantArt account here: iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/ And the official Upside Down website here: theblackmarsh.wixsite.com/upsi… We will update you on when it has been re-uploaded.

Next off, we wanted to announce that Tails Gets Trolled Polished is currently being worked on during our spare time. What this means is that we're going to go over the whole comic and fix most of the errors and add some details (Shading) and even adding (new panels) While adding a complete dialogue rework. The original TGT will still be view-able after it's been re-uploaded to our website and DA.

Next, we seriously want to know just how many people want TGT back. Let us know by leaving a comment, or simply liking this post. It might persuade us into reconsidering certain, things.... Wink wink.

Heh, looks like lazerbot might be heading back to TGT. He still doesn't understand that the draw of the comic was the goofy nature and typos of the earlier chapters, but at least it seems like he realizes that was when more people were reading his stuff.

It's a bit like Tommy Wiseau saying he wants to go back and reshoot parts of The Room.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

simplefish fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 13, 2017

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

JazzFlight posted:

It's a bit like Tommy Wiseau saying he wants to go back and reshoot parts of The Room.

It's worse than that

quote:

So a lot of people have been asking us to continue Tails Gets Trolled. We want to do this too, but we also want to do our own original projects. Fateless - Sandy Shores will continue regardless of the results of this experiment. Which will take a large portion of Lazerbot's time to create.
We've discussed it and both agree that the only way we can bring TGT back at this time, is if we hire an artist to work on it. $100 a month to the artist who has the desire to be the artist for TGT. Who ever we hire will need a Facebook page, we will invite this person into a closed group to work on the details. The artist will have a deadline (A pace) in which to create said pages.
that being said, we will only do any of this if our new Patreon account here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5076922 Called ''Return of TGT'' Gets a funding of $100 a month. If it does, then we can absolutely guarantee the return of TGT and as long as the funding stays over $100 per month, there will be no long term halting of the project.
So people, the return of TGT is now completely in your hands. We are completely fine with either result. Spread the word, let people know. Thank you.
Embergram.
Lazerbot.
(Promises)
Slightly reduced fight scenes.
Slightly increased comedy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want someone to do a OPM and have this incredibly good artist come in and start drawing this stupid comic.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
$100 a month can't buy a new laptop for me to smash in a fit of autistic rage once/month like Lazerbot did.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

There was a goon artist (I think he's banned, though) who pretty closely matched lazerbot's style a few years back. It was in this thread as a parody called something like "What if Tails Wasn't Trolled?" that featured a bunch of alternate licensed characters. It was pretty drat good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

In TGT: Special Edition Porky shoots first

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You can apply to be his lackey, but never tell him you are one of the trolls

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

There was a goon artist (I think he's banned, though) who pretty closely matched lazerbot's style a few years back. It was in this thread as a parody called something like "What if Tails Wasn't Trolled?" that featured a bunch of alternate licensed characters. It was pretty drat good.

Oh man, was that the one with Doctor Who, because I still think about that comic and just laugh my rear end off sometimes. Somebody with this thread bookmarked must have it saved somewhere.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Lazy B posted:

While adding a complete dialogue rework

Noooooooooooooooooo

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Even when he retconned/corrected "canan" to "cannon" shortly after that page with Teemo was posted, I was really disappointed.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Lol like a true outsider, LB has no idea why people like his work

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't think anyone would have ever given a poo poo about Lazy B's work if it didn't feature Sonic and other copyrighted characters. That's basically what made it so loving weird, to have this insane kind of dialogue and violence coming out of the speech bubbles of video game mascots and kids' cartoons. No original work can capture the weirdness of Doug loving Skeeter in the rear end while Chester Cheetah threatens his hookers. I mean yeah, there is something uniquely weird about how lazerbot writes, but if it's not Shadow killing Bugs Bunny, would any of us have ever cared?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love his TGT Facebook banner.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jingai Jigokumoto posted:

What if Doctor Who had intervened?
What if Tails had not gotten trolled?

:nws:

Go through his posts it is pretty amazing

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think anyone would have ever given a poo poo about Lazy B's work if it didn't feature Sonic and other copyrighted characters. That's basically what made it so loving weird, to have this insane kind of dialogue and violence coming out of the speech bubbles of video game mascots and kids' cartoons. No original work can capture the weirdness of Doug loving Skeeter in the rear end while Chester Cheetah threatens his hookers. I mean yeah, there is something uniquely weird about how lazerbot writes, but if it's not Shadow killing Bugs Bunny, would any of us have ever cared?

it's true, TgT went to poo poo whenever his lovely self insert satanists entered a panel

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You're face to face with the Doctor Who trolled the world.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My favorite arc is still the one where you had Silver, Rouge (?) and Elmer Fudd infiltrating the trolls' base. So many good moments.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The time when the gray weirdo thought that butchering trolls trapped in a cage would be romantic. That's peak TGT.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Phlegmish posted:

My favorite arc is still the one where you had Silver, Rouge (?) and Elmer Fudd infiltrating the trolls' base. So many good moments.
And on the flip side, my least favorite arc is when Amy gets raped by Eggman.
:gonk:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
My favorite moment is tied between Petunia Pig + baby double kill and Cheeto Man hotboxing a giant hollow cheeto cube.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cat Mattress posted:

The time when the gray weirdo thought that butchering trolls trapped in a cage would be romantic. That's peak TGT.

This is correct. That period was about the height of my enjoyment The whole series had kept building and building from that point. Then it started to go downhill with longer fights between "OCs" and fewer updates :(

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

TGT was ruined the moment people couldn't keep their damned mouths shut (here and elswhere) and gave the crazy dipshit a massive ego.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A bizarre mix of ego and persecution complex
\/ that exchange perfectly summed up his reaction to his fans

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 14, 2017

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I liked when someone called TGT his magnum opus and he responded that he didn't have to take criticism from a guy with such a lovely deviantart page.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Crocoswine posted:

TGT was ruined the moment people couldn't keep their damned mouths shut (here and elswhere) and gave the crazy dipshit a massive ego.

I really don't think TGT is the kind of thing that needs hipster thinking to accompany it. It was a silly mspaint comic that was never going to be "as good" as it was or last much longer than it did. Let's be loving real for a moment. We're not lamenting the death of some once in a lifetime masterpiece. It was in the right place at the right time, and if not for that, it would have come and gone like a million other random weird projects on the internet.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Georgia Peach posted:

I liked when someone called TGT his magnum opus and he responded that he didn't have to take criticism from a guy with such a lovely deviantart page.

That and him losing his poo poo over someone complimenting him on his use of an unreliable narrator device.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ToastyPotato posted:

I really don't think TGT is the kind of thing that needs hipster thinking to accompany it. It was a silly mspaint comic that was never going to be "as good" as it was or last much longer than it did. Let's be loving real for a moment. We're not lamenting the death of some once in a lifetime masterpiece. It was in the right place at the right time, and if not for that, it would have come and gone like a million other random weird projects on the internet.

It's more that he went ballistic when goons started telling him what is and isn't right, which is dumb from both perspectives, for different reasons.

That being said, he was bound to start inserting his impossibly boring fight sequences eventually so I guess it was all a matter of time :v:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
The sonics swore their misspelled swears and it was good. RIP.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot on Facebook posted:

We have a lot in store for Tails Gets Trolled. But we do need to pay the artists something, it's not much but it will help motivate them to go out of their way to continue a comic that many of you have been constantly asking for.
We have 2 artist lined up. They will be making 5 pages a month each, making $10 a page in the quality of chapter 4 and on. They both have already accepted this and one of these artist will be delayed for some time, where as the other is ready to begin.
With our current funding, we will only be able to produce 5 pages a month. We would prefer 10 a month but we need more subscribers to our Patreon account here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5076922 We need to reach the $100 a month mark or it's going to be a rather slow process. Please show your support and help us reach that goal.

The artists names will be revealed soon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Dare I hope? Ken Penders?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Mar 4, 2017

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
what

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=204229580056789&id=159990781147336

quote:

Sneak Peek panels of TGT have been posted on the Tails Gets Trolled Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Tails-Gets-Trolled-232410267228920/photos/?tab=album&album_id=244210122715601 And on the Return of TGT Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5076922 And on the Upside Down DeviantArt: http://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
So is this from the new artist? Not much of a fan of the copy/paste job for trollface and the others.