Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Edwards rumor has been completely denied by Penske, which means we're going to have a press conference in August confirming it, aren't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Edwards rumor has been completely denied by Penske, which means we're going to have a press conference in August confirming it, aren't we?

Probably. I forget which thing they denied afew years ago, but Jayski referenced their denial and actually added something like "worth noting: they also denied moving from Pontiac to Ford, then to Dodge, Rusty retiring" and like 3 more things.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It just seems like most rumors met with immediate denial wind up being true with the exception of Harvick to Hendrick, which popped up last year.

https://twitter.com/DGodfatherMoody/status/831205703662583810

https://twitter.com/ASManess/status/831211267272478720

:thurman:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

It just seems like most rumors met with immediate denial wind up being true with the exception of Harvick to Hendrick, which popped up last year.

https://twitter.com/DGodfatherMoody/status/831205703662583810

https://twitter.com/ASManess/status/831211267272478720

:thurman:

Read as "AssMadness".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sick burn by the guy digging up an article from nine years ago

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

if that is your godfather, youve really got to look into a new crime family

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Saucer Crab posted:

I mean, I am too, I loved the old open wheel course at the Cleveland airport for some crazy reason, and I never have kept up open wheel stuff all that much.

Cleveland rocks.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Cleveland was awesome for the absurdly wide racing surface so you ended up with guys going 7-wide into turn one.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

We could watch some of the old Trans Am and one of the two IROC races that Cleveland hosted sometime.

(there's one from the early 90's I've yet to see posted)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hey NASCAR friends I'm ready to watch the one weekend of NASCAR per year as I usually do. well actually I'll watch Talladega too if I can remember when it's on.

the NASCAR calendar online is looking kind of sad. can they really not find sponsors for any of these races? currently laughing my butt off at both races in Loudon being called the "New Hampshire 301" and the "New Hampshire 300" respectively

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Turdsdown Tom posted:

hey NASCAR friends I'm ready to watch the one weekend of NASCAR per year as I usually do. well actually I'll watch Talladega too if I can remember when it's on.

the NASCAR calendar online is looking kind of sad. can they really not find sponsors for any of these races? currently laughing my butt off at both races in Loudon being called the "New Hampshire 301" and the "New Hampshire 300" respectively

They usually find one by the time the actual race rolls around.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

dentist toy box posted:

Just from a random article on Jayski I realized Ford hasn't won a championship since 2004 and loving lol at that.

Also Forza 6 is probably the best NASCAR game out right now.

Drivatards on ovals is real bad though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

god the NFL ruins everything, o they not?

Just the Browns.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
my boss at work tried to get me to explain the new points system for nascar and then suggested that "they awards points based one every lap and give the leader a giant bonus so it makes people really want to win"

:smithicide:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

New points system: every 16 laps nascar gives me 20 dollars

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

New NASCAR point system: Whoever wins driver of the year wins the championship, retroactively. Say hello to 29-time champion Bill Elliott :getin:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Peanut President posted:

New NASCAR point system: Whoever wins driver of the year wins the championship, retroactively. Say hello to 29-time champion Bill Elliott :getin:

And we have a post mortem champion too.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

new nascar rule: whoever wins has to drive the last-place finishers car the next race and vice-versa

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

financially racist posted:

new nascar rule: whoever wins has to drive the last-place finishers car the next race and vice-versa

Love it! :getin:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

financially racist posted:

only if the change persists

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I've had an idea where the "teams" and "drivers" are two separate entities, and by some process the drivers rotate to a new team every week, and there is a team champion and a driver champion. It'd be loving fascinating to see who could adapt the best to shittier cars and equipment.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

And we have a post mortem champion too.

Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart never win a title. Danica Patrick someday does (assuming she stays in longer than Junyer).

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Have a lottery every December, picking a fan at random. Then, let the winner decide the rules for the following year.

When it turns out to be a garbage idea, have them publicly executed in Victory Lane at Homestead.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the question is.....can we race the truck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Turdsdown Tom posted:

the question is.....can we race the truck

So racing the haulers?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Found you guys a card, so you don't have to shop at the gas station of your choosing this Valentine's Day:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Danica gets a sponsorship lifeboat (I almost typed "love boat" by mistake):

https://twitter.com/Eric_RaceReview/status/831545840787451904

Cool paint scheme.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Will she have a ride in 2018 though?

I don't know who SHR could put in the car to attract more money. If she can't bring in enough I could see them dropping to 3 cars.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I don't know who SHR could put in the car to attract more money. If she can't bring in enough I could see them dropping to 3 cars.

Carl Edwards.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah, he could do it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Larson's contract is up after this year

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Danica gets a sponsorship lifeboat (I almost typed "love boat" by mistake):

https://twitter.com/Eric_RaceReview/status/831545840787451904

Cool paint scheme.

Trying to find a last minute sponsor to cover so many races must've been like pulling teeth, am I right guys?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

gret posted:

Trying to find a last minute sponsor to cover so many races must've been like pulling teeth, am I right guys?

that's a bridge too far, gret

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

that's a bridge too far, gret

:smugdon:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

L_Harrison posted:

I've had an idea where the "teams" and "drivers" are two separate entities, and by some process the drivers rotate to a new team every week, and there is a team champion and a driver champion. It'd be loving fascinating to see who could adapt the best to shittier cars and equipment.

I put way more thought in how this could work. NASCAR takes all the sponsors to be the Official what the gently caress ever of NASCAR, give the drivers sponsors and let them race to whatever rule set. Would have to tear up any manufacturer contracts everyone has though.

VikingSkull posted:

Have a lottery every December, picking a fan at random. Then, let the winner decide the rules for the following year.

When it turns out to be a garbage idea, have them publicly executed in Victory Lane at Homestead.

gently caress it sure let's begin Idiocracy as quick as we can.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BMB5150 posted:

gently caress it sure let's begin Idiocracy as quick as we can.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Everything about this tweet

https://twitter.com/landoncassill/status/831577226705563650

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So getting sucked makes you go faster.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Here's a list of the good stuff.

Saturday the 18th
ARCA Racing Series race, 4:15 p.m., FS1
Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona, 8 p.m., FS1

Thursday the 23rd
First Daytona 500 qualifying race, 7 p.m., Fox
Second Daytona 500 qualifying race, 9 p.m., Fox

Friday the 24th
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series NextEra Energy Resources 250, 7:30 p.m., FS1, SRA?

Saturday the 25th
NASCAR Xfinity Series Powershares QQQ 300, 3:30 p.m., FS1 SRA!!

Sunday the 26th
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Daytona 500, 2 p.m., Fox No SRA

Edit fixed, my bad.. they really don't make the dates stand out where I was looking.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
^ The ARCA race and Clash are definitely on Saturday.

• Locked thread