Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

jesus tittyfucking christ if I was a US asset or even a five eyes asset I would be packing my bags and faking my death about now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

It hasn't really been since 2011 and their Arab spring.

Speaking of, were any arab springs successful? It seems nearly every one had either foreign governments or non state actors unified by religion taking over.

IIRC, Morocco saw the writing on the wall that they might have an Arab Spring uprising and decided to give some more power to the parliament and some token civil and worker's rights to head it off. So not really a Spring uprising, however Morocco might be one of the sites of a new wave of uprisings since the people see the reforms as being unsuccessful.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
lmao no wonder the US intelligence community is withholding crucial intelligence from those jabronis

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Guy who carries the Nuclear Football even posed for a pic with the old man on Facebook who was at Mar-a-Lago :yeah:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Holy poo poo, they found corroboration to the whole 'Flynn/Bannon used cell phone flashlights to illuminate classified documents at mar-e-lago in a public room' during the Best Korea thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.96c9b6d93472

I can't figure out how to link the Facebook embed inside that article, but they totally have a picture some guy took of them using the cellphone flashlights, including Donnie sending a tweet in that general timeframe, probably from his piece-of-poo poo compromised galaxy S3 phone. What a colossal security clusterfuck.

:holymoley:

Seriously, how loving dumb can you be? You'd think Flynn of all people would tell them why they shouldn't do that poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here's the Football dude picture.

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/831160445536964608

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Let's not act like Trump doesn't believe this all makes him look super cool and powerful.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

An asymmetrical game based around the Syrian/Yemen civil wars would be kinda cool. Saudi's have great tech tree but incredibly poor infantry that falls apart if unsupported or after taking too many casualties. Al Qaeda starts off slow but generates resources from kills. ISIS takes severe penalties for losing territory. Central government has access to chemical weapons and cluster bombs. Russia has the best units but suffers severe penalties for unit losses. US player picks his units at the start and gets no new ones.. Three players are the secular faction but can only communicate in all chat with one another. Secular faction can talk in private to the US player only if he picks Green Berets.

Special conditions:
US/secular allied
central government/russia allied
Al Qaeda/ISIS allied but friendly fire is enabled
Saudi allied with Al Qaeda but not ISIS.

US loses if any unit is killed and not extracted after five minutes.
Russia loses after losing a certain amount of units.
If ISIS takes x amount of territory they lose if they are ever pushed back to 1/2x amount of territory. Infantry morale increases as they approach 1/2x territory.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i think they both were. Busta was a producer on the "reality show" one with Starbuck chick as a goth girl and LL as a security guard or something in H20 with Jamie Lee

The LL Cool J one wasn't that bad actually. Halloween Resurrection...well it featured clips from a Shaw Brothers film...with fake names for the Shaws actors. :smith:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

jesus tittyfucking christ if I was a US asset or even a five eyes asset I would be packing my bags and faking my death about now

Yeah this is going to forever gently caress up our ability to recruit agents in a first world country. 1) We're leaky as poo poo 2) global perception of the US as a magical place is forever tarnished. No more "I'll spy for the US if my family and I can get extracted there eventually"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How many country music fans are boycotting Busta Rhymes now?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/831155481548845056

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Has this administration done anything right yet? Jesus Christ

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I hope Trudeau doesn't gently caress up NAFTA anymore than it is...

Also we still pay tarrifs fir lumber so free trade my rear end.

Edit: someone say football?

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/831160445536964608

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 13, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Holy poo poo lol

Edit: and by lol I mean we are so screwed

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 13, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQFz3WugQE&t=30s

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Obama couldn't take a poo poo without two Benghazi hearings, an ACA repeal and a congressional investigation committee that came to the conclusion that because he wasn't making GBS threads at the position of attention while saluting a marine and singing the star spangled banner he was insufficiently patriotic and maybe even unamerican. Trump is in flagrant violation of the law, the constitution, at this point an infinite amount of ethics violations and a stack of security regulations larger than his fake-bullshit blank "business information" manila folders, not a peep. I mean jesus christ that is just staggering hypocrisy, even for Republicans.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Eat the politicians.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Can someone explain why this is such a huge deal? It's not exactly a secret that there's an aide following the president around with the nuclear codes, is it?

It's a dumb as gently caress, unprofessional picture but otherwise, eh.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Can someone explain why this is such a huge deal? It's not exactly a secret that there's an aide following the president around with the nuclear codes, is it?

He should be right next to the president, not interacting with the public, and certainly not giving out his name.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

He should be right next to the president, not interacting with the public, and certainly not giving out his name.

Probably saw his chance to escape this poo poo show

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
RIP Flynn('s career).

https://twitter.com/DefTechPat/status/831167341622861825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Football dude isn't getting fired, he's getting a pep talk from Trump about his branding

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Casimir Radon posted:

Millionaires pay $200,000 to join Mar-a-Lago as a member. As of this January, the price for that was doubled from the $100,000 it had been for the past few years. On top of that, these people have to pay $14,000 a year for membership fees, plus whatever exorbitant prices the club charges to come to their dining room and order fancy dishes like an iceberg wedge salad.

Look at those Facebook posts. Saturday's mess was exactly the sort of thing these people paid to have access to. This is what Trump has been selling to the people who join his club, a way to be involved in (or at least present for) things they should absolutely not have access to. It's basically The Trump Presidency as a theme park attraction, and Nuclear Football Rick there is doing the same job as the cast member at Disneyland wearing the Donald Duck costume.

This was always the plan for the "Winter White House." Make money by selling insider access to the rich, and make money by having the taxpayers pay his business directly to host these official events.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Reverand maynard posted:

An asymmetrical game based around the Syrian/Yemen civil wars would be kinda cool. Saudi's have great tech tree but incredibly poor infantry that falls apart if unsupported or after taking too many casualties. Al Qaeda starts off slow but generates resources from kills. ISIS takes severe penalties for losing territory. Central government has access to chemical weapons and cluster bombs. Russia has the best units but suffers severe penalties for unit losses. US player picks his units at the start and gets no new ones.. Three players are the secular faction but can only communicate in all chat with one another. Secular faction can talk in private to the US player only if he picks Green Berets.

Special conditions:
US/secular allied
central government/russia allied
Al Qaeda/ISIS allied but friendly fire is enabled
Saudi allied with Al Qaeda but not ISIS.

US loses if any unit is killed and not extracted after five minutes.
Russia loses after losing a certain amount of units.
If ISIS takes x amount of territory they lose if they are ever pushed back to 1/2x amount of territory. Infantry morale increases as they approach 1/2x territory.

Not Syria/Yemen but you want A Distant Plain or one of the other COIN series board games.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Oh man, isn't the State of The Union speech going to be happening soon? Can't wait to see how much Trump is going to just talk about himself, and also refer to the actual state of the union as "great" :getin:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

Oh man, isn't the State of The Union speech going to be happening soon? Can't wait to see how much Trump is going to just talk about himself, and also refer to the actual state of the union as "great" :getin:

He's actually going to talk about how much America sucks and how it's dangerous and how illegal immigrants and ISIS are just pouring in and how Chicago is just so dangerous and how we need law and order and how blah blah blah

Then the next day you'll read his supporters talking about how inspirational and uplifting it was.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
David Fahrenthold is back!

He interviewed the guy behind those facebook photos of the president and the guy with the football.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/831191647186776065

Funny enough, post-interview, the dude deleted his facebook account. He sounded like a total trumpster :laugh:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

FrozenVent posted:

Opsec; now people know just who he is. So there's some additional atfp considerations. Average public probably wasn't aware of his existence to be honest.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

Opsec; now people know just who he is. So there's some additional atfp considerations. Average public probably wasn't aware of his existence to be honest.
Say you're a golddigger who wants a rich husband so you go to a fancy party. Some guy at the party has posted every guy's networth on twitter. Instead of having to ask questions and fish for intel on who has the biggest bank account you can be a lot more subtle. Less chance of you raising any red flags because you don't need to ask any questions that would raise red flags.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Rumor floating around that Trump wants to replace Flynn with Petraeus. Is there any way that Davey could come back to Washington? Would a pardon make him eligible for a security clearance again?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i mean i'm just a dirty foreigner but the fact that with literally zero effort i found out the identity and appearance of the man holding 'the briefcase' is all kinds of hosed up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

A Handed Missus posted:

Guy who carries the Nuclear Football even posed for a pic with the old man on Facebook who was at Mar-a-Lago :yeah:

What if he knows he's not carrying the real football and that the whole presidential entourage is a laughing stock?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

M_Gargantua posted:

What if he knows he's not carrying the real football and that the whole presidential entourage is a laughing stock?

What if he and Trump DON'T know he's not carrying the real football?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I bet he has a Facebook

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump/Trudeau press conference about to start

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i wonder if there's some quanitifiable measure of how much damage is being done to your international credibility right now
and some way that could be compared and contrasted with the last 16 years

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

i wonder if there's some quanitifiable measure of how much damage is being done to your international credibility right now
and some way that could be compared and contrasted with the last 16 years

We call it The W Scale, and we're already into Kilodubyas.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hey you guys remember right around early 2009 when it was cool to be American again abroad? Yeah we're back to 2004 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

psydude posted:

Hey you guys remember right around early 2009 when it was cool to be American again abroad? Yeah we're back to 2004 now.

Plausibly Canadian :ninja:

• Locked thread