Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I think maybe that's something they patched out since you last played, I'm sure I remember fighting a level 48 griffin at like level 30.

Yeah, confirmed. I fought him wayyyyy before level 30 and his level was displayed. The font is tiny enough that you get murdered while trying to read it, though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Fuzz posted:

But did they elaborate on what it actually was they did?

Pelted a Nilfgaardian envoy with rancid suet filled fish bladders. They placed the whole thing on her, and she was exiled the same day.

She was (and is) a troubled child, full of false memories and hatred for those who betrayed her. Who even knows if the knights even mistreated her when she was kicked out.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

2house2fly posted:

I think maybe that's something they patched out since you last played, I'm sure I remember fighting a level 48 griffin at like level 30.

What? No, that's still in the game. I've only been playing w3 for the past month and I've seen it several times

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bef posted:

What? No, that's still in the game. I've only been playing w3 for the past month and I've seen it several times

Are you fully patched? I have literally never seen a ?? mark level enemy, and I'm the kind of doofus who goes out of his way to wander into the swamps seeking death from leshens.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm about to finish Witcher 3 and decided to finally play Witcher 2, any good mods for a first playthrough? I did Witcher 3 on PS4 and I really wish I had access to the QoL mods for that I've seen mentioned several times here, so if anything like that exists for 2 I'd like to know about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just redid the Bloody Baron quest, still think it's fantastic. I love how good a job they do of making the Baron a complex character and somebody who is actually likeable and surprisingly noble in many respects BUT also somebody who never quite grasps the extent of his abuse and insists that his wife shares equal blame. When he tells Geralt the story of how Anna "cuckolded" him (because of course he can only think in terms of how things affect him), he murdered her lover in front of her and then essentially kidnapped/took her hostage (but he bought her flowers!), you can tell he thinks Geralt's reaction should be,"Oh well poo poo, looks like you were the victim too!" The way he immediately shuts down Geralt calling him out on it does a great job of showing just how deeply in denial/refusal he is.

I'm also still not sure even after several playthroughs which path I should take with the Crones/She Who Knows - on the one hand I feel like I gotta save the orphans, and the people of Downwarren getting slaughtered feels slightly justified... but She Who Knows kills the other kids still living there too. It's nice that the Baron devotes his life to trying to cure Anna but a best case scenario there is that she comes back to herself and is stuck with this man she hates again, and Anna at least gets to say a goodbye to the Baron and Tamara if she dies. I'm really glad they made sure not to have some set optimal path there and it's a great opening chapter to the game.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I definitely continue to see ??? monsters. I fought the level 48 archgriffen at level 7 and it didn't tell me its level.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Weird. I wonder if it's a console thing. Literally never encuontered it to my knowledge.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

I'm about to finish Witcher 3 and decided to finally play Witcher 2, any good mods for a first playthrough? I did Witcher 3 on PS4 and I really wish I had access to the QoL mods for that I've seen mentioned several times here, so if anything like that exists for 2 I'd like to know about it.

There really aren't any big QOL mods for witcher 2. If there's a combat mod, don't use it.

Witcher 2 is a far more linear game than W3, so you don't need any HUD stuff, nor do you need jump in water mods or anything like that. The combat's a little different, so it'll take a bit to get used to it.

Some people suggest a zero weight mod (actually, this is pretty good) or a medallion cooldown mod, but eh. Vanilla Witcher 2 is more than fine.

Just be careful when playing Dice to not overthrow. The dice game is kinda neat, but badly implemented at the edges.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Drifter posted:

If there's a combat mod, don't use it.

This is arguable. CDPR put out an official combat rebalance mod that makes it very similar to Witcher 3, though actually better in my opinion.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I did my only w2 run with the dev combat mod on highest difficulty and it was pretty fun :shrug:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the jab at the sex cards in W1 in the Brothel in B&W.

TenaciousD
Feb 4, 2017

Drifter posted:

There really aren't any big QOL mods for witcher 2. If there's a combat mod, don't use it.

Witcher 2 is a far more linear game than W3, so you don't need any HUD stuff, nor do you need jump in water mods or anything like that. The combat's a little different, so it'll take a bit to get used to it.

Some people suggest a zero weight mod (actually, this is pretty good) or a medallion cooldown mod, but eh. Vanilla Witcher 2 is more than fine.

Just be careful when playing Dice to not overthrow. The dice game is kinda neat, but badly implemented at the edges.

There's a mod that hides the HUD when out of combat, just like Friendly HUD for W3. There's also a mod that removes the Dark Mode effects on the screen when using those armours.

Shameless plug, I also made a mod that allows you to buy mutagens from Bras of Ban Ard in Loc Muinne. That's pretty handy if you do a mutagen-alchemy and sword build. I also think that the Kingslayers armour looks rubbish, so I made a mod that replaces the textures with the Oathbreaker set. Oathbreaker is so badass, it sucks that they didn't let you import it into W3. Although there is a mod that adds W2 armours to W3.

bef posted:

Yeah I did my only w2 run with the dev combat mod on highest difficulty and it was pretty fun :shrug:

Fuzz posted:

This is arguable. CDPR put out an official combat rebalance mod that makes it very similar to Witcher 3, though actually better in my opinion.

I love W2 combat and have never used this. What major things does it fix / imporve? IIRC, it replaces the roll with the awesome looking pirouette.

I also heard that it was super buggy and broke some characters faces, like Phillippa.

----------------

Anyone know if this is real or fake? Links to 3 images as well. Early builds of W3 did have Geralt in the Oathbreaker armour, and it kind of looks like one of CDPR's meeting rooms shown in this video.

I can't make up my mind. He has a beard, but those are definitely W2 animations. It looks like Kaer Morhen, their armour is reflecting light, and the shadows are casting properly, but the background seems static. Could be a well done fake?

TenaciousD fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 13, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Fuzz posted:

But did they elaborate on what it actually was they did? Didn't think she did. It was implied and overtly stated (depending on your dialogue choices) that it was mainly the Black Sun thing that got her exiled and treated like poo poo compared to her sister. It's totally a real thing vs self-fulfilling prophecy type story, but ultimately an important takeaway is that all of those things aren't just a magic beep boop recipe to turn you into a sociopath, it's not that clear cut. It's also not like at some point a flip just switched and she turned into one, either.

I seem to remember at one stage Anna tells you that there was a young knight who had a crush on Anna, Syanna was jealous and in a revenge 'prank' she faked evidence that the knight's brother was plotting against him, the brothers fought and the knight killed his own brother. When Syanna's deception was uncovered she was finally exiled.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

lazorexplosion posted:

I seem to remember at one stage Anna tells you that there was a young knight who had a crush on Anna, Syanna was jealous and in a revenge 'prank' she faked evidence that the knight's brother was plotting against him, the brothers fought and the knight killed his own brother. When Syanna's deception was uncovered she was finally exiled.

Okay that's more reasonable than throwing fish. It also proves yet again Syanna is a pathological liar.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Fuzz posted:

I keep seeing this, but I'm pretty sure the guy who made the mod made the mod on his own. It's not "official" in any meaningful way. Maybe I'm wrong?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The "official" is probably just chinese whispers from people hearing it was a rebalance mod made by a dev, or people ascribe extra legitimacy to it because of its source in the same way as the JSawyer mod for New Vegas.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TenaciousD posted:

Anyone know if this is real or fake? Links to 3 images as well. Early builds of W3 did have Geralt in the Oathbreaker armour, and it kind of looks like one of CDPR's meeting rooms shown in this video.

I can't make up my mind. He has a beard, but those are definitely W2 animations. It looks like Kaer Morhen, their armour is reflecting light, and the shadows are casting properly, but the background seems static. Could be a well done fake?

I'd heard of the mod that replaces Roche and Ves with Iorveth and Saskia.
There's lots of stuff out there.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2066/

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 13, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

2house2fly posted:

The "official" is probably just chinese whispers from people hearing it was a rebalance mod made by a dev, or people ascribe extra legitimacy to it because of its source in the same way as the JSawyer mod for New Vegas.

It's literally hosted on CDPR's website. How much more official can a mod get?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Fuzz posted:

It's literally hosted on CDPR's website. How much more official can a mod get?
Er, REDkit hosts a lot of mods.

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=files

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I seem to have modded myself into a game-breaking bug and can't finish Brothers in Arms. I've done some googling and have the console commands I need to fix it, except I can't get the console to come up. I've installed the latest Enable Console Commands mod from Nexus, which is from December 2016, and it installs without error, but when I hit the ~ button (and f4, which I found in another suggestion), nothing happens. Any advice for either getting the console working or fixing the Brothers in Arms quest some other way?

Edit: Never mind, I fixed it. I'm just stupid

The Pirate Captain fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 14, 2017

TenaciousD
Feb 4, 2017

Drifter posted:

I'd heard of the mod that replaces Roche and Ves with Iorveth and Saskia.
There's lots of stuff out there.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2066/

Check the date of the video though. 7 months before that mod was released.

There's also no scene in the game where Roche and Geralt are running like that in Kaer Morhen, meaning you couldn't replace the models even if you wanted to. The lighting is also completely different to what's in the final game.

Here is what that area looks like in the final game. Layout wise, it's pretty close to what's in that video.

If it is real, I'm still not convinced, why leak that of all things. Odd.

TenaciousD fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 14, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Comte, is it accidental that Gaunter kills that rando with a long spoon?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Even if it's real, it's like... okay a dude involved with a game's pre-release version released some footage of Iorveth's model in the game? Big deal?

TenaciousD
Feb 4, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Even if it's real, it's like... okay a dude involved with a game's pre-release version released some footage of Iorveth's model in the game? Big deal?

That's what I'm saying. It's silly. If it's real, why leak that, it serves absolutely no purpose. 0/10.

sebmojo posted:

Pretty sure it's intentional. The whole Faust / Pan Twardowski thing; making a pact with the devil and whatnot.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I'm finally (slowly) working my way through B&W and HoS. I'm kinda going back and forth because I'm just more interested in B&W. On that note I just finished the part of the main quest there involving the spotted wight. I really like all of it so far. The "removing the curse" route was a nice touch. I even had a nice chuckle that the soup which was supposed to be extremely poisonous barely moved my enormous toxicity bar.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ugato posted:

I'm finally (slowly) working my way through B&W and HoS. I'm kinda going back and forth because I'm just more interested in B&W. On that note I just finished the part of the main quest there involving the spotted wight. I really like all of it so far. The "removing the curse" route was a nice touch. I even had a nice chuckle that the soup which was supposed to be extremely poisonous barely moved my enormous toxicity bar.

You're a monster if you didn't send her back to Corvo Bianco.

Also you should finish HoS first. It really is the overall best this game has to offer, in terms of plot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Why couldn't the game have Roach always be a sassy, talking horse? or maybe Geralt just needs to trip balls the whole time.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

https://twitter.com/cdprojektred/status/831490237180305409

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:wtc: is going on with his mouth?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i assume the answer is anime

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Why couldn't the game have Roach always be a sassy, talking horse?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Why couldn't the game have Roach always be a sassy, talking horse?

I'm already convinced that Roach is some otherworldly highly magical being, given her ability to show up anywhere at will, her immunity from death, And her ability to out-race all other horses, even burdened with hundreds of pounds of gear.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

sebmojo posted:

Blood and Wine: The beggar who put the spoon curse on the spotted wight was said to have also been selling mirrors. Seems Master Mirror is a busy man...

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 14, 2017

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

mlmp08 posted:

I'm already convinced that Roach is some otherworldly highly magical being, given her ability to show up anywhere at will, her immunity from death, And her ability to out-race all other horses, even burdened with hundreds of pounds of gear.

....Have we ever seen Gaunter O'Dimm and Roach in the same place at the same time?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

....Have we ever seen Gaunter O'Dimm and Roach in the same place at the same time?

You do when you first learn of the extent of Olgierd's curse.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#TeamYen

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Every retarded conservative plant sounds like a Muppet

Wrong thread team Yen

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Witcher 2 is 3 bucks, season pass for 3 is 15 as part of a huge rear end sale at GOG.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read that CDPR has a lot of loving cash and now is worth more than Capcom. Congratulations.