Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
TIme to blow all of the apples. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

I just choose a party of literally nothing but a specific class (including replacing Mashu with some random low level 1-3* since it's unlikely I'll have to use that last slot) and then use the mould for the class they're strong against. Which class I choose depends largely upon which classes I have a support servant with one of the +5 choco CEs for.

Through doing this (I have one of the gacha 5* CEs and enough of +3 choco 4* ones to equip on everyone else), I can generally get +22 to each token that drops (because of 5+3+5+3+3+3 from craft essences). This works out to a LOT of coins, since 15+ will often drop during a quest. It seems like the 5* CEs that give a bonus to all coin types are less efficient since it's pretty easy to never run out of moulds.

edit: One thing I like about this event is that the moulds make even the level 90 quests really easy, since you can guarantee that every enemy servant will be weak against your servants. It's pretty easy to win with any set of three 4-5* servants of the correct class.

Wait, why do you use the 1-3*? The 4* CE's are +2 aren't they or do they have +3 if on a certain Servant? They give their bonus regardless of who they're on right?

The moulds just make all the enemies that class don't they?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wait, why do you use the 1-3*? The 4* CE's are +2 aren't they or do they have +3 if on a certain Servant? They give their bonus regardless of who they're on right?

The moulds just make all the enemies that class don't they?

I meant servant, not CE for the 1-3*. The 4* gacha CEs give 3 against the servant's anticlass, while the chocolate ones just give 2 (sorry, I wasn't clear I was referring to the former).

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ugh, trying to get Lancer chocolate coins and it is painful when my only saber is defensively-oriented.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You don't have Fat Cesar or Bedivere or Fergus?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm almost there for getting all of the female chocolates, and grabbed a few male ones for a lark. But there's like 40 of them and even if I want the CE EXP the shop materials/CE's are more important I think.

Well at least there's like a a couple of weeks and my teams are good.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MonsieurChoc posted:

You don't have Fat Cesar or Bedivere or Fergus?

I do not. Been too busy with Valentine's stuff to go through Camelot. Besides, I'm stuck on the time you fight Gawain for real and need to farm more mats to level Euryale.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think I'll actually finish this event pretty early. If you have enough decent servants of each class to stack a party with all the same class you can earn a ton of tokens.

edit: Heck, I think a single run of the highest 40AP quest gives over 300 tokens.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I just realized that there's an aspect of the chocolate coin drops that I didn't even bother asking about.

Are drops determined by what CE you equip and/or what enemies you face? If I run, say, a lancer team with anti-class CEs, does that mean I'll get saber coins even if I use an archer mold for type-effective clearing?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Argas posted:

I just realized that there's an aspect of the chocolate coin drops that I didn't even bother asking about.

Are drops determined by what CE you equip and/or what enemies you face? If I run, say, a lancer team with anti-class CEs, does that mean I'll get saber coins even if I use an archer mold for type-effective clearing?

Enemies only drop their own class coins and the ALL-class coins. Also, the anti-class CEs boost the drop rate of the coins of the class the equipped servant counters, i.e. one equipped on a Lancer will increase the amount of Archer coins dropped.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Aumanor posted:

Enemies only drop their own class coins and the ALL-class coins. Also, the anti-class CEs boost the drop rate of the coins of the class the equipped servant counters, i.e. one equipped on a Lancer will increase the amount of Archer coins dropped.

Ah. I always took the anti-class thing to mean that it'd boost drops of what the equipped servant is weak to.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Argas posted:

Ah. I always took the anti-class thing to mean that it'd boost drops of what the equipped servant is weak to.

Yeah the name "anti-class" is a little confusing, but fortunately this isn't the case. It makes clearing the highest difficult quests much easier.

The only mould I'm having trouble using is Rider ones, because I only have one good high level Assassin (my second strongest assassin is like a level 50 Carmilla or something). Assassin ones are also a pain in the rear end, since even though I have two 5* Casters, they're Waver and Merlin so it takes much longer to clear the final wave without any damage NPs aside from whatever the support has.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
And I didn't get Drake. :negative:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
YESSSSSSSSSSS Miko'n~

TAMAMO IS HERE

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Why do none of the Riders actually ride anything?
Except Iskandar

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kintoki rides a motorcycle, Drake rides a ship, Ozymandias rides a pyramid, I don't understand the issue.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Because they only ride those things sometimes. I want 24/7 riding. Like Boudica might as well be a saber if she's not riding something at all times.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Marie rides a crystal horse, Medusa has Pegasus, Martha has Tarrasque, Santa Alter... Well, Gudao/Gudako is their reindeer. If there's a thin straw, they usually grasp it for Riders with their riding vessel being present as part of their NP.

Don't know how to explain Ushiwakamaru or George though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Quetz rides her pterodactyl for her bonus attack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ASTOLFO RIDES DICK

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-04/psst-sony-has-a-hit-that-s-as-big-as-pokemon-go-in-japan

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

ASTOLFO RIDES DICK

Oh hell yes.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Isk fight with his horse. I don't think he have a better combat martial style compares to other riders.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

ASTOLFO RIDES DICK

Isn't that true of most of the Riders? Even Alex.

Especially Alex, come to think of it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This special quest is ridiculous. Have fun beating 14 Servants in a row. :psypop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

This special quest is ridiculous. Have fun beating 14 Servants in a row. :psypop:
not just 14 servants, but they spam healing debuffs - so the best survival methods are defense buffs, taunts, and evasion/invulnerability. I have a grailed St. George, but Shuten killed him.

The enemy ai also seems to have improved. They can hold their NPs until your invuln/evasion is off.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

not just 14 servants, but they spam healing debuffs - so the best survival methods are defense buffs, taunts, and evasion/invulnerability. I have a grailed St. George, but Shuten killed him.

The enemy ai also seems to have improved. They can hold their NPs until your invuln/evasion is off.

Yeah, which kind of makes those skills pointless in the first place, since you need to know when the enemy's going to fire to use them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Berserker taunt team came through again! No command seal and killing nightingale last! :black101:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I just smashed through it by having Rider Mordred use her NP every turn for like 26 turns straight

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How hard would you say this quest is compared with the special Dantes quest? The healing debuff thing seems like a significant problem, since most of the servants I have who are great at survivability mostly rely upon healing.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

It is really flipping weird to have the Bloomberg watermark in the corner of Grand Order's OP.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

How hard would you say this quest is compared with the special Dantes quest? The healing debuff thing seems like a significant problem,
Usually the art based team suffer the most from healing penalty. Quick and buster team should be fine though

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Hey, I got a Jack on Jack day. Nice. I can finally power up some Arts crits. Arts without crits was enough to beat the game, but man did it take a while. I watched entire movies while doing some of those Camelot fights.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Trihugger posted:

Hey, I got a Jack on Jack day. Nice. I can finally power up some Arts crits. Arts without crits was enough to beat the game, but man did it take a while. I watched entire movies while doing some of those Camelot fights.

I got 2 copies of Nero, another copy of Astolfo (Now he's NP 4...), 4 of the Illya CE's (missing the last one of course!), and a copy of St. Martha.

:negative:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there anything that's good to spend rare prisms on in the rare prism shop? I've only spent them on unlocking the Da Vinci craft essence in the regular prism shop.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So i don't know if you guys do that but I'm trying to assemble the best teams possible and I'll be honest I'm mostly doing daily quests and sloooowly progressing through the MSQ.

My box is a mess of many things like:

- Scathach (90)
- Swimsuit Scathach (80)
- Saber Alter (80)
- Ozymandias (50)
- Artemis
- Velvet wizardman (El-Meloi 2)
- Gorgon (avenger medusa)
- Ibaraki Douji
- Caster Marie Antoinette
- Lancelot (saber)
- Nero Claudius Bride (80)
- And a ton of other 4* like Vlad, Camilla, Elizabeth (lancer and caster), Marie antoinette Rider, Anne & Mary Read (archer and rider), x-mas rider saber alter, Beowulf
- and a super leveled Medusa Rider because she's cool.

Right now I'm using mostly Scathach/Bride/Friend Jeanne Alter to kill things but the moment I get to 50+ stamina dungeons, it gets rough and I'm pretty sure I should be able to do it if I knew what I was doing.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

First off definitely level up your Waver, Ozymandias, and Lancelot(saber)* because they're all super good and Waver goes well with almost any team. Nero Claudius Bride is also good (better than the average 5* at least), though not quite "absolute top tier" like Waver or Ozymandias.

I feel like Waver - Lancelot(saber) - Nero Claudius Bride would be a really good arts team. You can probably also put something together involving Waver and Scathach.

*Lancelot is seriously great, he's better than most 5* (especially if you grail him to 90+) and benefits from the lower cost of a 4* servant, giving you a little more flexibility for team-building. He's one of the few servants that has a really coherent and well-designed skill-set.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a bunch! I'll get on that :) Didn't realise Lancelot was that good, mostly focused on my 5*.

I'm currently using 50%+ NP craft essences for everyone. works for Bride and Gorgon but should I use other ones for Lancelot/Waver?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 14, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Thanks a bunch! I'll get on that :) Didn't realise Lancelot was that good, mostly focused on my 5*.

I'm currently using 50%+ NP craft essences for everyone. works for Bride and Gorgon but should I use other ones for Lancelot/Waver?

I think it depends upon what you're fighting. The CEs that start you out with X% NP are mostly good for stuff like dailies, but I don't think they're ideal if you're doing some sort of hard/long fight (which, to be fair, is a minority of fights).

Lancelot benefits from CEs that either increase crit damage or give crit stars (since his whole deal is generating/absorbing crit stars and doing buffed crit damage). Waver benefits from CEs that increase Arts card performance (like the 5* one with Rin on it, forget its name) and probably also benefits from other CEs that increase his NP generation rate. You generally can't go wrong with a CE that buffs a specific type of card if the servant has 3 of that card and a NP of that type (and even if they only have 2 of that card it's still pretty useful).

edit: Oh, one way to do some really good damage is to use Waver's first skill (that increases crit damage for 3 turns) on Lancelot to coincide with Lancelot's 2nd and 3rd skills (that generate stars, increase crit damage, and increase star absorb).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
At the very least, get Bride and Waver's skills to 10 when you can. It'll be a long grind, but well worth your time.