Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

The pill head guy lol.

Why did the Hoffmans wait till the "mid season" to buy some machine that works with mud?

I know this poo poo is scripted but this is the best season of gold rush since they went to the amazon and got nothing. Specifically because the Hoffmans aren't getting anything.

It's annoying to see the scripted message about family and perseverance and being dramatic underdogs when they just bring in like millions of dollars of equipment and personnel out of nowhere and manage to get gold because it's the Yukon and the gold is there so even if you are incompetent you can basically just buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They just buy gold bars, yea we found it guys. I also don't buy that parker made a wash plant with that 3d rendering software.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Why'd they have to almost kill him? I feel like that kid would give up his cash with a gun pointed at him. hosed up.

I hope Sig is okay and will be on this season.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Alright Mythbusters Search. We all know you're going to be a dumpster fire, I'm only watching to find out how hot and how bright your garbage will burn

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DarklyDreaming posted:

Alright Mythbusters Search. We all know you're going to be a dumpster fire, I'm only watching to find out how hot and how bright your garbage will burn

If Chris becomes a permanent Mythbuster, I'm out.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Mythbusters: The Search.

MEH!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How do you feel about the contestants?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

Give me another two episodes to decide.

I knew Sarah was gone at the half way point of the episode.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't hate anyone and I don't think there's going to be much manufactured drama, but I don't really like anyone either.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 9, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Said it before and I'll say it again. If you want to reboot mythbusters hire a goddamn casting director and let him/her do their loving job. A competition show is just a dumb way to get what made mythbusters so good, the chemistry between the hosts.

Are they just revisiting old mythbusters builds for the show or are they taking on new myths?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Allen Pan has cool youtube content with his thor hammer and lightsaber, and he was gone for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8Xhzt5YQI

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I have less than zero desire to watch that loving show, but one really funny thing that I've noticed from the commercials is that more often than not when the contestants are all OMG SCIENCE!!! WACKY!!! they're looking away from the camera lens as if there's a producer nearby going "OKAY NOW ACT LIKE ADAM WHEN HE'S EXCITED"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

I have less than zero desire to watch that loving show, but one really funny thing that I've noticed from the commercials is that more often than not when the contestants are all OMG SCIENCE!!! WACKY!!! they're looking away from the camera lens as if there's a producer nearby going "OKAY NOW ACT LIKE ADAM WHEN HE'S EXCITED"

Well yeah.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Mythbuster's is completely unwatchable now.

Finishing up the latest episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

VendaGoat posted:

Mythbuster's is completely unwatchable now.

Finishing up the latest episode.

Yep, I'm out.

I wonder what Adam & Jamie think.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wonder what Adam & Jamie think.

Jaime is probably glad he doesn't have to be on camera anymore.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A bit of necromancy, but just for shits and giggles I did some searching and it looks like that awful Mythbusters reality TV host contest show thinger is drawing rating points (0.08) level with things things like an Illinois State v Wichita State college basketball game and a show called "Killing Bigfoot".

:laugh:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I remember when they cancelled Stargate Universe in favor of Marcel's Quantum Kitchen and the ratings for that time slot went from respectable to literally 0.0. (A rounding error.)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Crazy Ted posted:

A bit of necromancy, but just for shits and giggles I did some searching and it looks like that awful Mythbusters reality TV host contest show thinger is drawing rating points (0.08) level with things things like an Illinois State v Wichita State college basketball game and a show called "Killing Bigfoot".

:laugh:

I watched like 2 of that show, it's still piling up on my DVR but I have no desire to watch it.

The contestants aren't bad people per se just, it shouldn't be.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember when they cancelled Stargate Universe in favor of Marcel's Quantum Kitchen and the ratings for that time slot went from respectable to literally 0.0. (A rounding error.)

I loving hate you for reminding me that Eli is still floating in space by himself :suicide:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I should have added this earlier for reference: looking at the ratings websites, original Mythbusters appeared to usually pull 3-5 times the rating point that this...thing is.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Photex posted:

I loving hate you for reminding me that Eli is still floating in space by himself :suicide:

Maybe he'll forget to breathe :shrug:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ratings for The Search are UP UP UP! 0.11 last Saturday, but still fewer P2 households watching than something called:

DR. POL: DEJA MOO!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Maybe he'll forget to breathe :shrug:

eli is smart enough to keep his head above water and not forget to breathe

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

yikes

quote:

Hansen is now under scrutiny after his estranged daughter, 28-year-old Melissa Eckstrom, publicly accused him of abusing her as a child, according to the Seattle Times.

In a recent lawsuit, Eckstrom alleges that Hansen sexually abused her when she was roughly three years old.

She alleges that the abuse started during her parents' divorce in 1990 and that it has haunted her ever since. Eckstrom says the lasting memories have caused depression and suicidal thoughts, according to the Seattle Times.

But Hansen has denied the claims, calling the lawsuit “nothing more than a shakedown.”

According to Hansen, the allegations were fabricated when Eckstrom was a child in order to help her mother earn custody after their divorce.

"The fact is, decades ago I was exonerated of these allegations after a full court trial...We were fully exonerated after a prosecuting attorney, a judge, court-appointed experts, a guardian ad litem and team of other child experts all agreed that these claims were pure fiction.

I cooperated 100 percent, including taking a polygraph test that also confirmed my innocence."

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is the Mythbusters search thing over now?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is the Mythbusters search thing over now?

Yes

No idea when the show is coming back.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

If his quote is true I wouldn't worry. Hopefully Discovery doesn't do anything brash. I liked Sig.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Isn't that something that has popped up before? I guess not the current lawsuit but the stuff that happened years ago.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
New episodes of deadliest catch start this Tuesday. Can't wait to see bill poo poo on a lovely green horn and same with Keith.

quote:

The crabs have vanished, which ignites a grueling hunt to save the fleet's way of life. Captain Sig returns to the helm after a major heart attack. Wild Bill debuts his own brand new boat in a crisis season. A rescue is attempted for a heart attack victim.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Sons of Guns guy gets life in prison

http://people.com/crime/sons-of-guns-star-will-hayden-found-guilty-sexual-assault/

quote:

Guilty on two counts of aggravated rape and one count of forcible rape, Hayden, 51, will be sentenced on May 11, and aggravated rape carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

Hayden was arrested in August 2014 on aggravated rape charges involving a child, the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office said. He already faced child molestation and aggravated crime against nature charges stemming from an earlier arrest in 2014.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jake really needs to hire better crew.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jake really needs to hire better crew.

I find it hard to take anything involving Jake, Wild Bill, or Keith seriously anymore, especially when they're on land. They're the platform for finally allowing faux reality crap to trickle into the once seemingly-immune Deadliest Catch.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

CBJSprague24 posted:

I find it hard to take anything involving Jake, Wild Bill, or Keith seriously anymore, especially when they're on land. They're the platform for finally allowing faux reality crap to trickle into the once seemingly-immune Deadliest Catch.

Don't forget Elliot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Don't forget Elliot.

He's finally gone, isn't he?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's finally gone, isn't he?

I think the last we saw of him was when Jake took over his boat a couple seasons ago, which itself seemed like a made-for-reality-TV situation. "Let's take this douche who's now a drugged-up douche and replace him with another cast member who really wants his own boat yet looks like he's ready to start crying at any minute and appears one good outburst away from pulling out a revolver and shooting himself on national TV!"

There always has seemed to be a greenhorn in the last few seasons who felt like they were cast for the show as opposed to actually hired to work a crab boat and had absolutely no business being there, and they usually wind up on the Wizard, Cape Caution, or with Jake.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I refuse to believe the rear end in a top hat that was on the Time Bandit (last season?) was real. Either he was actually cast to be a poo poo stirrer, or he snuck through the cracks just to stir poo poo. Dude was constantly playing to the cameras.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I finally gave up on Deadliest Catch last year. It's just another indistinguishable manufactured drama for wilfully stupid people now. It's a shame because the formula was perfect as it was.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

ToastyPotato posted:

I refuse to believe the rear end in a top hat that was on the Time Bandit (last season?) was real. Either he was actually cast to be a poo poo stirrer, or he snuck through the cracks just to stir poo poo. Dude was constantly playing to the cameras.

At this point in the show I think they're actively casting poo poo stirrers.

Back when it started getting fame whores rather than actual fishermen was a risk they talked about, nowadays I think they cast with the cameras in mind more than efficiency on the boat. But who really knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I finally gave up on Deadliest Catch last year. It's just another indistinguishable manufactured drama for wilfully stupid people now. It's a shame because the formula was perfect as it was.

There are still moments, like when the Northwestern caught fire, but yeah the seams have really started to show

• Locked thread